[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Phorty Ounce']It's not just you, but damn:

1.) CHECK the wiki link on the 1st page.
2.) CALL EB Games yourself.

You save:

1.) Time.
2.) Posts like these.

You lose:

1.) Your laziness.
2.) A couple kilojoules of energy.

This post may be harsh, but true.[/quote]

ok, well its EB games policy that they dont tell trade in values over the phone. ive tried 3 and they all told me this. and the wiki page isnt always up to date, so stop being an asshole and dont respond to questions unless you have an answer.

[quote name='nonrandomhero']ok, well its EB games policy that they dont tell trade in values over the phone. ive tried 3 and they all told me this. and the wiki page isnt always up to date, so stop being an asshole and dont respond to questions unless you have an answer.[/quote]

Whose the asshole:booty: ? the people at eb for telling you that its policy to not tell you. Its not policy, just call when they arnt busy. If they insist its policy not to tell you, call customer service to make a complaint(or should we do that too?).

Halo 2 was applicable 2 weeks ago, table tennis and fight night are not. I hope this helps. Either way, in the end you are gonna have to check with the store either way, so...(regardless if the wiki was up to date, TIV change on a daily basis). hope this helps.

[quote name='nonrandomhero']ok, well its EB games policy that they dont tell trade in values over the phone. ive tried 3 and they all told me this. and the wiki page isnt always up to date, so stop being an asshole and dont respond to questions unless you have an answer.[/quote]

Yes, because EB will violate their "policy" to tell us TIVs and not you, right? But thanks for making us feel special. Or did you expect us to run to the closest EB to get the TIVs for you?

Oh wait I got it. We actually all know the TIVs except you, yet we all keep it a secret and off this thread and the Wiki. So you ask in the hopes that one of us will spill the beans.

[quote name='nonrandomhero']so stop being an asshole and dont respond to questions unless you have an answer.[/quote]

Are you serious? I never once called you a name in my post, and I even stated that my post was in general to all people asking about TIV's to call or check the wikipage (extremely basic logical solutions) BEFORE coming on CAG.

And you go ahead and call me an asshole. Ah, how ignorant AND incompetant.

yea guys relax eh? just call a bunch of locations earlier in the morning or on the weekends, just tell them its for maybe 4-5 games max, any more and they'll probably brush you off, but if you treat them kindly they'll return the favour

i simply asked a question and you implied i was stupid
" 1.) CHECK the wiki link on the 1st page.
2.) CALL EB Games yourself."

and called me lazy

" 1.) Your laziness.
2.) A couple kilojoules of energy."

i was lookin for an answer not a smartass response that benefits nobody. i tried both but as stated none of the 3 EB's in my city will tell me the prices over the phone, one guy actually told me it was store policy and it was so they could try to drag people into the store.

and the wiki isnt always up to date. and seeing as this is an eb games TIV list i was thinkin it would be the appropriate place to ask. its not like i started a thread over this.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']you know what, the EB i usually call wont give you TIVs over the phone either.[/quote]

As with mine... They say to come in with the games. It's their policy to not give them over the phone...?

[quote name='nonrandomhero']i simply asked a question and you implied i was stupid
" 1.) CHECK the wiki link on the 1st page.
2.) CALL EB Games yourself."

and called me lazy

" 1.) Your laziness.
2.) A couple kilojoules of energy."

i was lookin for an answer not a smartass response that benefits nobody. i tried both but as stated none of the 3 EB's in my city will tell me the prices over the phone, one guy actually told me it was store policy and it was so they could try to drag people into the store.

and the wiki isnt always up to date. and seeing as this is an eb games TIV list i was thinkin it would be the appropriate place to ask. its not like i started a thread over this.[/quote]
How do you know I implied that you were stupid? Could I have been just giving a simple answer? Where is your proof? Or, are you using such an excuse as an arguement point for an uneccessary rebuttal? Either way, it doesn't work.

AGAIN, I stress the fact that I wasn't pointing out to you in particular, exemplified by my statement "It's not just you...". Thus, my post was in general to everyone checking for TIV's.

Oh, and calling me an asshole (direct insult) > you thinking laziness is an insult (non-direct).

Put it to rest my friend.

i wish there was a mod around here also, there are many people claiming the exact same problem as me, its not like i made it up.

and how were those comments not directed at me, you quoted me before making those statements....

Well it would be nice if both of you would stop bickering like little children. If you want it to stop, then stop responding to each other. Plain and simple.

I keep coming into this thread hoping to find info about TiVs, but instead all I see is you 2 fighting. So please stop, not just for me, but for everyone here. We are here to talk about deals, not argue about who started what.

[quote name='imcrazy']Well it would be nice if both of you would stop bickering like little children. If you want it to stop, then stop responding to each other. Plain and simple.

I keep coming into this thread hoping to find info about TiVs, but instead all I see is you 2 fighting. So please stop, not just for me, but for everyone here. We are here to talk about deals, not argue about who started what.[/quote]

agreed, and done

What does EB do if you bought a brand new game (All Pro 2k8) But you hate it, can i trade it in at store credit? or do i get like 20 bucks?

[quote name='frey36']What does EB do if you bought a brand new game (All Pro 2k8) But you hate it, can i trade it in at store credit? or do i get like 20 bucks?[/quote]

I'm not sure. Normally EBG doesn't sell new games (trade in new games and they get opened.) However, since it's a new release they may have sealed copies of that game. So you might get credit. If you have a receipt then you can get refund/exchange.

I fully took advantage of their $3 gameplay guaruntee.

A year ago, I bought a DDR bundle. It was fun at first, but then it got boring and just sat around. Last week I remembered I still had the GPG valid, so I called EB Games, told them that one of the mat buttons were unresponsive, and they allowed me to get credit for the purchase price I paid for the DDR bundle. Technically, I "rented" the whole bundle for $3.40, and for one whole year.

As far as I know EB Games doesn't refund opened goods. Unless the product is defective, and in that case they will give you a new copy of the game.

The above poster went the smart route and cashed in on the protection plan. I doubt that they will give you full credit for a game unless its out of stock. I think their policy is to give you a new copy of the game, but who knows, unless you try for yourself.

[quote name='X-Factor']
I doubt that they will give you full credit for a game unless its out of stock. I think their policy is to give you a new copy of the game, but who knows, unless you try for yourself.[/quote]

Correct. If they have an additional copy of your "defected" product, they will replace it. Else, they will give you store credit.

Therefore, if you want to cash in on your GPG, make SURE that there are NO copies of your product in the store PRIOR to claiming a store credit refund.

I had a DDR Ultramix bundle...the FIRST one. Ha.

Went into EB to try and get Warhawk as a trade in, no luck :roll:

The clerk told me the following prices though, so this could help update the wikipage:

PSP:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour - $7
Exit - $1
PQ - $1
Virtua Tennis: World Tour - $3

PS2:
Hunter the Reckoning Wayward - $3

I couldn't hear the totals of the other stuff I had, he started to quiet down when he saw me writing the values down ;)

But Indiana Jones & the Emperor's Tomb is at least $8 TIV, hope that helps someone...

I fixed it. Just go to "history", click on one of the older files, click "edit", and save it. Some of the most recent changes are lost, but at least it's still there.

Some guy keeps replacing everything with stupid links.

I updated the Wiki, but I'll post the updates here:
Meteos - $7
Sonic Rush - $3
Pokemon Diamond - $26

NHL 07 (PS2) - $4
Bully - $12
Dark Cloud 2 - $4
Odin Sphere - $16
Shadow of the Colossus - $3

Elebits - $15
Super Paper Mario - $21

Metal Arms (GC) - $3
DDR: Mario - $18

NBA 2k7 (Xbox) - $5

I didn't update the Wii games because the Wii section on the wiki is messed up >_>
But I traded Odin Sphere, Elebits, and Bully in for Halo 3 and the other 10 all qualified for the "Trade in 10 get an extra $50" After Halo 3, I had $144. Very happy :) Going to preorder Mass Effect when I pick up Bioshock.

wow EB has some shitty TIV
too bad about though wiki
and that douche going sour because you were writing down the values.

on another note I still have...

Scarface, Mortal Kombat, The Godfather, Heatseeker & Marble Mania all up for sale or trade. All of those are for the Wii btw

hope ive done this right, i'm a bit happy right now

here is what i traded in today for a ps3. the games were in perfect perfect condition and with all manuals in perfect condition which they said made me get some bonus

Gamecube
super monkey ball - 12.50
agressive inline 0.50
zelda wind waker - 14.00
luigis mansion - 14.00
matt hoffman bmx2 - 1.00
metroid - 11.00
starwars rogue leader - 14.00
tony hawk 3 - 9.50
mk deadly aliance - 17.00
tony hawk 4. 12.50
super smash bros - 27.50

XBOX360
Tony hawk project 8 - 26.00
test drive unlimited - 23.00
gears of war limited - 60.50
viva pinata - 17.00

WII
warioware smooth moves - 36.50
zelda 36.50
elebits - 27.50
excite truck - 38.00
rayman - 36.50
tony hawk downhill - 36.50

PS2
god of war 2 - 26.00

DS
brain age - 12.50

altogether they game me 510.00 in store credit towards my purchase of my 39$ ps3. yes its alot to trade in and i have to wonder if they screwed up in their calculations and 'bonus's for being perfect condition (god bless them). but id already played all of the games as much as i had wanted to anyways. this was at ebgames in toronto eaton centre. the clerks were telling me as i was trading the games in that i was gona get a crapload back and they seemed taken aback themselves a bit too.

It sounds like you got a really good deal.

The promotion is trade games and get 50% extra trade in credit towards a PS3.

So the formula is [actual trade in value x 1.5].

[quote name='psychic74']hope ive done this right, i'm a bit happy right now

here is what i traded in today for a ps3. the games were in perfect perfect condition and with all manuals in perfect condition which they said made me get some bonus

Gamecube
super monkey ball - 12.50
agressive inline 0.50
zelda wind waker - 14.00
luigis mansion - 14.00
matt hoffman bmx2 - 1.00
metroid - 11.00
starwars rogue leader - 14.00
tony hawk 3 - 9.50
mk deadly aliance - 17.00
tony hawk 4. 12.50
super smash bros - 27.50

XBOX360
Tony hawk project 8 - 26.00
test drive unlimited - 23.00
gears of war limited - 60.50
viva pinata - 17.00

WII
warioware smooth moves - 36.50
zelda 36.50
elebits - 27.50
excite truck - 38.00
rayman - 36.50
tony hawk downhill - 36.50

PS2
god of war 2 - 26.00

DS
brain age - 12.50

altogether they game me 510.00 in store credit towards my purchase of my 39$ ps3. yes its alot to trade in and i have to wonder if they screwed up in their calculations and 'bonus's for being perfect condition (god bless them). but id already played all of the games as much as i had wanted to anyways. this was at ebgames in toronto eaton centre. the clerks were telling me as i was trading the games in that i was gona get a crapload back and they seemed taken aback themselves a bit too.[/quote]

[quote name='X-Factor']It sounds like you got a really good deal.

The promotion is trade games and get 50% extra trade in credit towards a PS3.

So the formula is [actual trade in value x 1.5].[/QUOTE]

ahhh thanks, that makes much more sense now. they were talking about uping the price of them and only talked about the quality i didnt even know there was another special on. i thought i was going to get the 10games for 50$ atleast for the gamecube ones, came out far ahead

Did some trades today and updated the Wiki

PS2 headset - $5
DS headset - $1
Lunar Dragon Song - $3

A whole bunch of games already up to date on the list like Killer 7, GTA 3, Viewtiful Joe.

PSP System - $70.

All for the glory towards an eventual 360.

Got my legendary halo3
traded- Fight night round 3 x360
- Lotr battle for the middle earth II x360
-Crackdown x360
-fuzion frenzy 2 x360
-battlestation midway x360
-yugioh nightmare troubamour(something like this) nds

Anyone happen to know the trade-in values on the following? I didn't see any on the Wiki, but it gets wiped clean so often that it's becoming less and less reliable/complete with every passing day :whistle2:(.

Tenchu Z - x2 (no manuals)
Vampire Rain
Gallop Racer 2006
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii)
Lost in Blue 2 (no manual)
Touch Detective
Tales of the World
Parappa the Rapper (PSP)
Gitaroo Man Lives (PSP)
Aedis Eclipse: Generations of Chaos

I bought them all from the Roger's 2 for $30 sale (they were from 5 or 6 different stores, and I was very careful in making sure that there was enough high-commodity stuff left over :p), but after realizing that some of them sell for a fraction of what I thought they would on eBay, I figured I might give EB a shot, with their "trade more get more" deal.

Hm

how much you willing to let Tales of the World
Parappa the Rapper (PSP)
Gitaroo Man Lives (PSP)
go for . I can pay shipping as well.

Lmk.

Here are some more TIV's:

Darkness (PS3) - $44
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) - $41
Al Pro Football 2K8 (X360) - $37
NCAA Football 08 (X360) - $37
Shadowrun (X360) - $25
Darkness (X360) - $22
Command and Conquer 3 - $44

PS3
Sonic (PS3): $16

360:
Monster Madness: $22
Spiderman 3: $25
POTC: $16
Shrek 3: $22
Fantastic 4: $17
Star Trek Legacy: $24
Crackdown: $14
Vampire Rain: $21
Lost Planet: $15

Wii:
Sonic Secret Rings: $10
Trauma Center: $19

[quote name='Lockescythe']Hm

how much you willing to let Tales of the World
Parappa the Rapper (PSP)
Gitaroo Man Lives (PSP)
go for . I can pay shipping as well.

Lmk.[/QUOTE]

Problem is, I'm moving in a matter of days, which is why I was looking to get rid of everything locally. If you still really want to, we could try to work something out, but it'd be quite awhile before I have the chance to get anything done.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']PS3

360:
Monster Madness: $22
Star Trek Legacy: $24[/QUOTE]

Crap...I saw multiple copies of these, but figured they were worthless X-P.

New trade-in values:

Lost in Blue 2 - $5
Lunar Knights - $12
New Super Mario Bros. - $26
Point Blank DS - $3
Aedis Eclipse - $16
Gitaroo Man Lives - $3
Parappa the Rapper PSP - $8
The Darkness (360) - $22
Tenchu Z - $20
Mortal Kombat Armageddon Wii - $19

I didn't want to trade in Lost in Blue or Gitaroo Man after seeing the values, but the girl said it was "too late"...sure X-P.

[quote name='Darrenmrules']New trade-in values:

Lost in Blue 2 - $5
Lunar Knights - $12
New Super Mario Bros. - $26
Point Blank DS - $3
Aedis Eclipse - $16
Gitaroo Man Lives - $3
Parappa the Rapper PSP - $8
The Darkness (360) - $22
Tenchu Z - $20
Mortal Kombat Armageddon Wii - $19

I didn't want to trade in Lost in Blue or Gitaroo Man after seeing the values, but the girl said it was "too late"...sure X-P.[/quote]

WTF!

Why didn't you DEMAND your games back? You are under no obligation to finalize trade-ins UNTIL you accept your reciept, as with any usual purchase. Man, you got nubbed on the trade-ins.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']WTF!

Why didn't you DEMAND your games back? You are under no obligation to finalize trade-ins UNTIL you accept your reciept, as with any usual purchase. Man, you got nubbed on the trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't really care so much...I just wanted to lighten the load before I moved, and I still ended up with a nice profit on some of them, with the additional $50 for trading in enough games. I was expecting $60 in bonus credit (traded in 14 games), but I guess they don't pile on top of eachother past $50...I would have held back those extra 4 (also had 2 doubles they refused), but I didn't realize what she had done until after I actually got the receipt and had time to account for everything.

Haven't checked the whole thread, but I did some trade-ins today.

Harry Potter: Order of Phoenix PS2 - $14
Oblivion PS3 - $25
Virtua Fighter 5 - $11
Cookie and Cream DS - $12 (?)
Brothers in Arms DS - 13 (?)

I wasn't really paying attention to the last two so they got mixed up but that's
pretty much their worth in TIV.

can anyone tell me if these have an 8> tiv:

FEAR (360)
Dead or Alive 4 (360)
Fight Night Round 3 (360)
Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360)
NBA 2k7 (360)

bread's done
Back