[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Updates as of Aug 12/08

Wii
Nights - $10.00
Manhunt 2 - $13.00
SSX Blur new - $11.00
Mario Super Strikers - $20.00

Xbox 360
Virtua Tennis 3 - $15.00

I haven't been updating the wiki as of late, since I'm working on a new SQL/PHP database, which should hopefully streamline the process of updating.

Question: how do you want to be able to update a game's TIV? Do you want to a) search for the game, then update, or b) input the game, pick the corresponding one (so no overlaps) from a list, then update? I'm not sure which one will be harder to code though. ;)

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I haven't been updating the wiki as of late, since I'm working on a new SQL/PHP database, which should hopefully streamline the process of updating.

Question: how do you want to be able to update a game's TIV? Do you want to a) search for the game, then update, or b) input the game, pick the corresponding one (so no overlaps) from a list, then update? I'm not sure which one will be harder to code though. ;)[/quote]

Best answer is both! though the first option would probably be easier. If you could keep a history of the previous prices, that would be good too, like keep the previous 3 values entered. Just a thought.

[quote name='chrisryans']Dragonball Z Burst Limit (PS3) : $16
[/QUOTE]
360 VERSION is $42 at BBV.
I'd imagine PS3 is the same.
This was 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I haven't been updating the wiki as of late, since I'm working on a new SQL/PHP database, which should hopefully streamline the process of updating.

Question: how do you want to be able to update a game's TIV? Do you want to a) search for the game, then update, or b) input the game, pick the corresponding one (so no overlaps) from a list, then update? I'm not sure which one will be harder to code though. ;)[/quote]

no wonder.. I've been trying to keep up with the wiki from RFD and it's been a lot of work :p

I think the less typing the better, so a big drop down (per console) would be good with an option to search and then enter a new title if nothing comes up.

PSP - Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7 - 13.00
360 - Battlefield: Bad Company - 35.00
PS3 - Burnout Paradise - 8.00 (guess the 30$ psn version coming killed the trade in)

Blazing Angels II for Xbox360 = $6
Motorstorm for PS3 = $7 (someone said it was $2 on RFD, but I went in today and it was $7 at EB)

[quote name='MatiasB']Is the Lone Prodigy page down? Did we lose all that hard work ?[/quote]

It looks like the whole scribble wiki site is down, hopefully just temporarily.

[quote name='Lockescythe']man went in to check how much I could buy mass effect for and it was 54.99..

WTF does eb give 2$ for a game they resell for 50. I don't get it.[/quote]

Two words:

CHA CHING!

The NHL promotion specifically says no duplicates. At the EB in Capilano Mall, I trade in 2 copies of one game + 1 of another (never tried 3 of the same) for trade 3's all the time, but after their giant sale I've always been denied trading duplicates at Pacific Centre, even for just straight credit, no promos. They said I had to come back the next day to do it. My guess is if you get a chill csr they'd do two of the same games for NHL.

Trade in value for Two Worlds has gone down to 7

Medal of Honor Airborn 360 is also 7

Turning point for 360 is about 14.

I totally failed at getting 3 games from BBV to trade to EB for the get a full game deal.

I traded in 2 copies of Dead Rising yesterday + $10 for NHL, so I guess that's a YMMV. I called before hand to ask if I could, they said yes so I went ahead and went to the pawn shop :D

[quote name='MatiasB']Trade in value for Two Worlds has gone down to 7

I totally failed at getting 3 games from BBV to trade to EB for the get a full game deal.[/quote]

Thank god I got rid of my two copies before it went down. Got two full priced games at almost half price using the 3 for Free deal and buying from BBV.

Just got back from EB Games...

Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) - $35
Soul Calibur 4 (PS3) - $35
Battlefield: Bad Company (PS3) - $35
Civilization Revolution (PS3) - $32
Fight Night Round 3 (PS3) - $8

Wasn't a bad haul for games I couldn't stand at all.

[quote name='spzero']Just got back from EB Games...

Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) - $35
Soul Calibur 4 (PS3) - $35
Battlefield: Bad Company (PS3) - $35
Civilization Revolution (PS3) - $32
Fight Night Round 3 (PS3) - $8

Wasn't a bad haul for games I couldn't stand at all.[/quote]

I would have bought FNR3 off you for more ;)

Let's see, as of this morning;

Pokemon Battle Revolution - $21
Naruto: Clash of the Ninja Rev - $11
Batt. Wars II - $17
Pokemon XD (GCN) - $12
Rune Factory (DS) - $12
Metroid Prime 3 - $20

As of yesterday (August 25)

PS3
Metal Gear Solid 4 - $30
Grand Theft Auto 4 - $35

Wii
Battalion Wars II - $17

Xbox 360

Project Gotham Racing 3 - $2

Wow what the heck, DK Barrel Blast 25 bucks? You could buy that for 10 a couple of months back!

Anyway, I went in and did lots-o-trades today, and to my surprise GTA4 for PS3 dropped from 35 to 25. Bah.

EBGames as of August 29...

Wii
Dragon Quest Swords - $17
We Love Golf - $20

Xbox 360
Superman - $2
Kameo - $3
Enchanted Arms - $3
TMNT - $3
Far Cry Instincts Predator - $3
Lego Indiana Jones - $25

PS3
Grand Theft Auto 4 - $25

---------------------------------------

Blockbuster as of August 29...

Wii
Dragon Quest Swords - $20
We Love Golf - $30
Battalion Wars II - $7

Xbox 360
Superman - NOT ACCEPTED
Kameo - NOT ACCEPTED
Enchanted Arms - $8
TMNT - $4
Far Cry Instincts Predator - $6
Lego Indiana Jones - $20 (unsure. I know it's less than EB's 25)

PS3
Grand Theft Auto 4 - $25
Metal Gear Solid 4 - $25

---------------------------------------

Basically, from that list, go to Blockbuster instead of EB for: TMNT, Far Cry Instincts Predator, Enchanted Arms, Dragon Quest Swords, and We Love Golf. You'll get 20 bucks extra for those if you do that. For the rest of the games I listed, go to EB.

EB GAMES TIV Aug 30:

Wii SSX Blur 11$ (costs 10$ at BBV)
Wii Battle of the Bands 13$ (costs only 10$ new at EB, won't last long)
PS3 Tiger Woods 07 5$ (costs 9$ at BBV)

I used SSX Blur, Battle Bands + 10$ to get NHL 09 PS3.

[quote name='lisdoncca']EB GAMES TIV Aug 30:
Wii Battle of the Bands 13$ (costs only 10$ new at EB, won't last long)
[/quote]

lol weird

bread's done
Back