[Canada] EB/GameStop Daily Doorcrasher Thread of Daily Deals Hopefully Updated Daily

thegamecubist

CAGiversary!
Tongue-in-cheek title aside, it is what it says. This thread will be updated daily with the current deals, and hopefully rumblings of future deals too!

Today's (July 30/10) Deal:

Wii Music - Wii - $9.89

Wii-Music-8.jpg

Future Deals...?:

July 30, 2010 : Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors - Wii - $19.89 (rumoured and images provided by: Apollo Creed)

Previous Deals:

June 30, 2010 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time - PS3 - $19.89
July 1, 2010 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - PS3 - $19.89
July 2, 2010 - NFS Shift - 360 - $19.89
July 3, 2010 - EA Sports Active: More Workouts - Wii - $19.89
July 4, 2010 - GTA: Chinatown Wars - PSP - $19.89
July 5, 2010 - Ninja Gaiden Summation of Multiple Terms TWO! - PS3 - $39.89
July 6, 2010 - Tekken 6 - 360 & PS3 - $19.89
July 7, 2010 - Brinks Security Door Disk (aka: NFL Head Coach) - 360 & PS3 - $14.89
July 8, 2010 - Dead Space Extraction - Wii - $19.89
July 9, 2010 - Pokemon: Myster Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - DS - $19.89
July 10, 2010 - Madden 10 - Wii - $19.89
July 11, 2010 - Need For Speed Shift - PSP - PRICE: NEVER!!!!
July 12, 2010 - Raiden IV - 360 - $9.89
July 13, 2010 - Section 8 - 360 and Need For Speed Shift - PSP - $9.89 ea.
July 14, 2010 - Madden 08 - PS3 - $9.89
July 15, 2010 - WET - PS3 & 360 - $9.89
July 16, 2010 - Wario Land: Shake It! - Wii - $9.89
July 17, 2010 - MotorStorm: Arctic Edge - PS2 - $9.89
July 18, 2010 - Legends of Wrestlemania - 360 - $9.89
July 19, 2010 - Madden 08 - PS3 - $9.89
July 20, 2010 - Naruto Shippuden: Ninja Destiny 2 - DS - $9.89
July 21, 2010 - Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors - Wii - $9.89
July 22, 2010 - Obscure: The Aftermath - PSP - $9.89
July 23, 2010 - Ghostbusters: The Video Game - DS - $9.89
July 24, 2010 - NBA 08 feat The Life v3 - PS2 - $9.89
July 25, 2010 - FUEL - PS3 & 360 - $9.89 (Thanks djsaiyan and Jouvert!)
July 26, 2010 - NHL 09 - 360 - $9.89
July 27, 2010 - EB gives you a map to go to BlockBuster (aka Facebreaker) - PS3 - $9.89
July 28, 2010 - Guiness World Records: The Video Game- Wii - $9.89
July 29, 2010 - G.I Joe: The Rise of The Cobra - 360 - $9.89

Happy Hunting!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ranzo']Saturday Only. 2 for $20 on all used games and Acc. Priced at $9.99-$14.99. All systems not just the old Gen.[/QUOTE]

does anyone have a link?

got a Wario :D...gutted #-o I called ahead and the store said they had multiple copies, yet when I came in 15 min. later they gave me a gutted copy. Does that mean ALL their copies are gutted? I didn't really care too much that it wasn't sealed (I was just happy to get a copy), but just curious why an EB would have more than one gutted copy if all they theoretically would need is one 'display case'? Is there some ulterior motive to gutting these door crashers? :whistle2:? (sorry if this has been asked before)

[quote name='wampa1']just curious why an EB would have more than one gutted copy if all they theoretically would need is one 'display case'? Is there some ulterior motive to gutting these door crashers? :whistle2:? (sorry if this has been asked before)[/QUOTE]

Theoretically, yes, they would only need one display copy. But it's not unheard of if they gut 5-6 copies to put on display. It depends on how much attention they want to draw to a particular game by filling up shelf space with those gutted, display copies.

[quote name='TripleQ']I'd take Ranzo's word for it.[/QUOTE]

i trust him i just wanna see a link so i can show some retarded EB employee's if they mess up

Today's (July 17th) deal is MotorStorm: Arctic Edge (PS2) for $9.89. Credit goes to modano9 'cause I'm sure not going into EB today. BTW, that's a discrepancy with the rumoured price and the real price, so expect some of those rumoured prices to be off.

[quote name='Ranzo']Saturday Only. 2 for $20 on all used games and Acc. Priced at $9.99-$14.99. All systems not just the old Gen.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me Crackdown is $14.99 now.

these doorcrasher sales have become pathetic now. If that upcoming list is true then this is even worse. Why is Madden 08 coming up again? We already had that...NBA 08? ugh

well the good news is I'm saving money for my Halo Reach CE in Sept

[quote name='game_fanatic']Who's to say that list isn't completely fabricated?[/QUOTE]

Quick everyone, get your tin foil hats!

[quote name='game_fanatic']itz the government, i tells ya!![/QUOTE]

No.

It's the neo nazi communist aliens that CONTROL THE GOVERNMENT

THE END IS NIGH

[quote name='Jouvert']It's a conspiracy, I tells ya! It's all a plot ta keep the little guy down.[/QUOTE]

poor little people...they never get a break

[quote name='djsaiyan']No.

It's the neo nazi communist aliens that CONTROL THE GOVERNMENT

THE END IS NIGH[/QUOTE]
They have also taken over our game shopz!
250px-communist_mutants_from_space_cover.jpg

[quote name='Jouvert']Theoretically, yes, they would only need one display copy. But it's not unheard of if they gut 5-6 copies to put on display. It depends on how much attention they want to draw to a particular game by filling up shelf space with those gutted, display copies.[/QUOTE]yeah i could see with gamestop's logic they gut 10 copies when the game comes out and then now that's all they have left.

It really is the stupidest most unjustified practice I've ever seen. It makes sense to use real cases for used games but for new games? i mean they have an entire shelf with 'artwork' for Starcraft II. Clearly they can get empty cases. Space isn't that THAT much of a premium.

[quote name='bdavid81']I might grab Legends of Wrestlemania if it's a legit $10 deal.. that's it though.[/QUOTE]

i'm waiting for that WWE All Stars game that is coming out next year instead. Past and present big name stars should make a great game (hopefully)

I haven't even played a wrestling game since SD: Here Comes the Pain...so its definitely been a while

[quote name='kyle071785']i'm waiting for that WWE All Stars game that is coming out next year instead. Past and present big name stars should make a great game (hopefully)

I haven't even played a wrestling game since SD: Here Comes the Pain...so its definitely been a while[/QUOTE]
You think that's a long time? I haven't played a wrestling game since WCW vs nWo: World Tour on the N64.

[quote name='Fuzzy']You think that's a long time? I haven't played a wrestling game since WCW vs nWo: World Tour on the N64.[/QUOTE]

Heh, same here actually. I only spent a few hours with that one though, I was much more into WWF Warzone before that, also on the N64 :)

I just called and they said today's game is WWE Legends of Wrestlemania ( didn't say for what system ) so i am guessing both. and then i was told Fight Night Round 4 was for 9.99 as well ( i have the 3rd but won't bother with 4 as it felt different playing the demo from the 3rd one ) anyways i guess it's not Rogue Warrior.

I was just in EB Games. I can confirm that today's (July 18) DC is WWE Legends of Wrestlemania (360) for $9.89.

Here's a little hint guys. Go back to page 17 of this thread and look at the posted images. They've changed since they were first posted. Yesterday the Motorstorm picture changed to reflect the correct $9.89 price and the doorcrasher for today also changed from Rogue Warrior to WWE:LoW, so I kinda suspected what would be today's DC. Since those images are coming directly from Gamestop.ca's website I suggest you CAGs keep an eye on them for any future changes to get an idea of what's coming.

Here's a little hint guys. Go back to page 17 of this thread and look at the posted images. They've changed since they were first posted. Yesterday, I noticed two things had changed: (1) the Motorstorm picture had changed to reflect the correct $9.89 price and (2) the doorcrasher for today also changed from Rogue Warrior to WWE:LoW, so I kinda suspected what would be today's DC. Since those images are coming directly from Gamestop.ca's website I suggest you CAGs keep an eye on them for any future changes to get an idea of what's coming.

Wow, if the rumors are true then this was one horrible event overall. Only good deal was probably NFS: Shift for $20. EB sucks.

just want to know why is this game on the list twice?

July 21, 2010 : Legends of Wrestlemania - 360

July 18, 2010 - Legends of Wrestlemania - 360

is this some sort of error here or are they really selling it twice?

and man this last week of the list blows!

[quote name='johnny3000']just want to know why is this game on the list twice?

July 21, 2010 : Legends of Wrestlemania - 360

July 18, 2010 - Legends of Wrestlemania - 360

is this some sort of error here or are they really selling it twice?
[/QUOTE]

We're all hoping it's just a temporary placeholder image, but since Madden 08 (PS3) has been a doorcrasher twice, it's entirely possible.

Can confirm Nartuo for $9.89. Updating OP.

Naruto: Clash of Ninja for GameCube was a pretty sweet game, IMO. Simple to learn, but still great fun!

[quote name='zeze']Off topic but... does anyone know if EB Games accepts the Wii balance board as a trade-in?[/QUOTE]

I bought one used from them for $49.99 (i believe) so I would guess yes, as for the TIV no idea

Phoning Commerce, today's deal is Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors for the Wii. Looks like you'll have to wait a bit if you missed out on LoW before lolz

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']nooo i should have picked up wet maybe for 10 bucks lol[/QUOTE]be glad you weren't around for that. Wet was like a nightmare. calling around every EB in Canada and it's ghost. pLus it was on clearance at the Source... so you'd drive like 15-20km to get it and find out the website was wrong plus they'd already had 7 people before you. at one point stores were answering the phone we 'we don't have wet'

where in the blazes of Canada are you? I didn't actually drive the 23km to try for it by that time I was burned out but the rest of it was pretty much my experience. - T.

At least EB provided me with Arc Rise Fantasia! It's a decent enough game, though this may be because my expectations were lower than the Dead Sea. I was gonna GG it for S&P2, but I think I might just buy it on its own.

Instead of bitching, just wanted to thank the people who are keeping this thread active and updated: your efforts are much appreciated!

Clearly not a strong Game Days sale (they've been pretty hit-or-miss in the past anyway) but at least there were a few titles worth getting.

so they switched out the legends of wrestlemania with kung-fu panda?
good thing i missed out on that deal :p

but now it looks like that there going to sell kung-fu panda twice...
or are they?

bread's done
Back