[Canada] EB/GameStop Daily Doorcrasher Thread of Daily Deals Hopefully Updated Daily

thegamecubist

CAGiversary!
Tongue-in-cheek title aside, it is what it says. This thread will be updated daily with the current deals, and hopefully rumblings of future deals too!

Today's (July 30/10) Deal:

Wii Music - Wii - $9.89

Wii-Music-8.jpg

Future Deals...?:

July 30, 2010 : Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors - Wii - $19.89 (rumoured and images provided by: Apollo Creed)

Previous Deals:

June 30, 2010 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time - PS3 - $19.89
July 1, 2010 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - PS3 - $19.89
July 2, 2010 - NFS Shift - 360 - $19.89
July 3, 2010 - EA Sports Active: More Workouts - Wii - $19.89
July 4, 2010 - GTA: Chinatown Wars - PSP - $19.89
July 5, 2010 - Ninja Gaiden Summation of Multiple Terms TWO! - PS3 - $39.89
July 6, 2010 - Tekken 6 - 360 & PS3 - $19.89
July 7, 2010 - Brinks Security Door Disk (aka: NFL Head Coach) - 360 & PS3 - $14.89
July 8, 2010 - Dead Space Extraction - Wii - $19.89
July 9, 2010 - Pokemon: Myster Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - DS - $19.89
July 10, 2010 - Madden 10 - Wii - $19.89
July 11, 2010 - Need For Speed Shift - PSP - PRICE: NEVER!!!!
July 12, 2010 - Raiden IV - 360 - $9.89
July 13, 2010 - Section 8 - 360 and Need For Speed Shift - PSP - $9.89 ea.
July 14, 2010 - Madden 08 - PS3 - $9.89
July 15, 2010 - WET - PS3 & 360 - $9.89
July 16, 2010 - Wario Land: Shake It! - Wii - $9.89
July 17, 2010 - MotorStorm: Arctic Edge - PS2 - $9.89
July 18, 2010 - Legends of Wrestlemania - 360 - $9.89
July 19, 2010 - Madden 08 - PS3 - $9.89
July 20, 2010 - Naruto Shippuden: Ninja Destiny 2 - DS - $9.89
July 21, 2010 - Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors - Wii - $9.89
July 22, 2010 - Obscure: The Aftermath - PSP - $9.89
July 23, 2010 - Ghostbusters: The Video Game - DS - $9.89
July 24, 2010 - NBA 08 feat The Life v3 - PS2 - $9.89
July 25, 2010 - FUEL - PS3 & 360 - $9.89 (Thanks djsaiyan and Jouvert!)
July 26, 2010 - NHL 09 - 360 - $9.89
July 27, 2010 - EB gives you a map to go to BlockBuster (aka Facebreaker) - PS3 - $9.89
July 28, 2010 - Guiness World Records: The Video Game- Wii - $9.89
July 29, 2010 - G.I Joe: The Rise of The Cobra - 360 - $9.89

Happy Hunting!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PuppetDoctor']The website for EB Games is so messed up and their store checker thing is messed up. It says that the store in Yorkdale has PS2 games in stock and when you go in there they don't even have any last gen games anymore. Then again I learned before not to check their store stock thing on their website but its good to know that Yorkdale has no more last gen games.

Sucks you went all that way to go and find the game only for the store to be closed.[/QUOTE]

Ah, but I actually called first. The guys there are really nice (for once) and he said he actually had all four copies in front of him.

I just didn't bother asking when they close because I believed what the website said. Do you think I'll have a case tomorrow on the phone? Maybe if I manage to get the same guy, he'll remember me...

[quote name='jeffx']Ah, but I actually called first. The guys there are really nice (for once) and he said he actually had all four copies in front of him.

I just didn't bother asking when they close because I believed what the website said. Do you think I'll have a case tomorrow on the phone? Maybe if I manage to get the same guy, he'll remember me...[/QUOTE]

I don't think so because the deal was only for today really, and if he overrides the price he may get in trouble but there is no harm in trying.

This whole sale is stupid though really because what is the point of putting last gen games on sale if certain EB Games don't even carry them. If they had put PSP & DS games on sale then maybe for once I would buy a handheld title (which I never really do since I think they are to expensive).

Plus the whole "Buy two titles that are $9.99 to $14.99" doesn't even work on their website which sucks.

[quote name='jeffx']Uhmmmm PuppetDoctor where did your first post go? The one I quoted???[/QUOTE]

I deleted it by accident. Well at least you quoted it for everybody to read.

[quote name='afterburn999']Thanks EB, keeping my money in my pocket.[/QUOTE]so you must already have WarioLand. so how much wicked fun is it !!!!!

Finally bought a door crasher - Raiden IV. I had to sneak out at lunch time to get it, but it was worth it. Time for a good shmup.

I played some Raiden with my brother last night. I've never laughed so much at us sucking at a game before! The weapons are wild (the crazy pink laser that trips out and locks on to stuff is great) and when you manage to eke your way out of harm you feel like a god.

We're playing on Very Easy right now. Best line of the night: "Imagine when we get better...we could do Easy mode!" lolz

Phoning now, hopefully get an update on today's deals.

EDIT: Lots of games today!

UFC Undisputed 2010 - $39.89
Section 8 - $9.89
NFS Shift PSP - $9.89

Will update the first post.

Talked to modano on RFD; he says that UFC 2010 is just a price adjustment, not a daily deal. I'll change the first post accordingly.

[quote name='iNTOLERANT']madden 08 = 4.98 trusted source[/QUOTE]

I'll also add it to the first post! At least this is a price that makes sense for a three year old sports game! Do you mean $4.89 though?

UFC 2010 was $40 TIV on July 6 at BB-FS, worth a call to know if it's still the same, might be a good way to transfer credit. (Want a iPhone 4 at launch, credit at BB-FS will be good)

Hmm, at $9.89 for Section 8 I might bite. C'mon EB, all future door crashers should be $9.89 or lower.

BTW, I had a blast with Raiden IV last night. Wal-mart carries Raiden Fighters Aces (360) in their bargain bin for $14.93. It's a good companion piece to Raiden IV. I think I'll wait awhile and see if Wal-mart drops the price on that one as well.

The GameStops I normally phone haven't picked up yet...

EDIT: Madden 08 for PS3 - $9.89. Will update OP.

two more days till Shake it and not even $10 would get me to buy madden. and i side with the group on 08 being some sort of twisted practical joke corporate is playing on us.

[quote name='thegamecubist']The GameStops I normally phone haven't picked up yet...

EDIT: Madden 08 for PS3 - $9.89. Will update OP.[/QUOTE]

This is truly a "Lame Days Sale"

Charging $10 for a 3yrs old Madden game? Wow just wow......

Had my suspicions confirmed while at EB last night about Tekken 6. They were selling it for $20 new and $17.99 used for a few weeks before advertising it as their daily deal, which kinda had me thinking it was an excuse for them to raise the price again. Figures.

Today's deal may be one of the worst in EB history. The funny thing is, I've seen Madden 08 in the bargain bins for $4.99, so they're doubling the price on a completely outdated sports game. :lol:

[quote name='Jouvert']Spidey sense tingling! Must avoid EB games today.[/QUOTE]
Me too, don't want to fight the crowds crashing the doors for Madden 08... :bomb:

ahhhh i missed good deals i had no idea this was up ( and i was just here before canada day maybe some days after this was made and i was on here last week. i kick myself for not seeing this thread ! AHHHHH now that's out of the way. hmmm i may buy something in the coming days .. tho i agree today's deal is making everyone sad panda.

I believe that Wet (360 only) is tomorrow for $9.89 and Wario shake it for $9.89 on Friday. The prices mentioned in the first post said $19.89.

WET I can believe, but Wario for $9.89? When Dead Space Extraction and that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon went for $19.89... but it would great since I plan on getting Wario.

Alot of guys have been phoning on RFD and haven't gotten any luck either :(

EDIT: Phoned in to Metro, confirmed WET for 360 for 9.89! Updating first post. I'm actually kinda interested in this game at this price.

Get on that Afrodiziak ;)

[quote name='Mr.']WET I can believe, but Wario for $9.89? When Dead Space Extraction and that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon went for $19.89... but it would great since I plan on getting Wario.[/QUOTE]

If Wario is $10 then it's a great deal. The game is easy to beat, but tough to find all the secrets and reach that 100% mark. The level and art design are both great, and the soundtrack was really decent too.

Probably the best Game Days deal so far... if the price is $10.

will stores price match the door buster? I did some calling around for Wario and I'm beginning to think it's going to be hard to find at my local EB/GS.

[quote name='Wolfkin']will stores price match the door buster? I did some calling around for Wario and I'm beginning to think it's going to be hard to find at my local EB/GS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can price match a Door Crasher sale. Someone said earlier (I believe in this thread) that they did a price match for a Daily Door Crasher.

[quote name='Wolfkin']will stores price match the door buster? I did some calling around for Wario and I'm beginning to think it's going to be hard to find at my local EB/GS.[/QUOTE]

Yes its possible, but it is also possible you will get refused :p

thanks. i thought i remembered reading that but i wasn't sure. i guess my best bet is to race outtta here early and actually bust down doors.

Hey, Crabman. I just dropped in my local EB Games and they had Wet (both 360 & PS3 versions) for $19.99 as the DC. Some guys on RFD are also getting the $20 price tag.

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like modano9 on RFD got the details:

"Wet is suppose to be $9.89. Currently the game scans at $19.89 (the price change from HQ did not automatically occur at stores). Stores should have received an e-mail telling them to manually override the price to $9.89. If you paid $19.89 go back to the store today for an adjustment."

Yeah, I've been reading that too. But I think modano9 confirmed it *should* be $9.89 but keps scanning in at $19.89. I'm not sure myself, so I'm gonna go in at lunch today and check it out.

[quote name='Jouvert']Hey, Crabman. I just dropped in my local EB Games and they had Wet (both 360 & PS3 versions) for $19.99 as the DC. Some guys on RFD are also getting the $20 price tag.

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like modano9 on RFD got the details:

"Wet is suppose to be $9.89. Currently the game scans at $19.89 (the price change from HQ did not automatically occur at stores). Stores should have received an e-mail telling them to manually override the price to $9.89. If you paid $19.89 go back to the store today for an adjustment."[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thegamecubist']Yeah, I've been reading that too. But I think modano9 confirmed it *should* be $9.89 but keps scanning in at $19.89. I'm not sure myself, so I'm gonna go in at lunch today and check it out.[/QUOTE]

FYI...this has been confirmed. Manual adjustment required.

[quote name='ejamer']If Wario is $10 then it's a great deal. The game is easy to beat, but tough to find all the secrets and reach that 100% mark. The level and art design are both great, and the soundtrack was really decent too.

Probably the best Game Days deal so far... if the price is $10.[/QUOTE]

How can they have Wario for $10 while Head Coach was $15 and DS Extraction was $20?

(Bitter about buying a used copy for $10 the other day)

[quote name='kn00tcn']nobody mentioned motorstorm arctic edge is only on PSP? instead of 'consoles unknown'[/QUOTE]

It's also on PS2. Unless you meant you heard that it's only the PSP version that will be on sale? :D

Thanks I was hoping they would do this again this summer. Haven't been on CAG for a long time(don't remember my old password) but glad to see the deals are just as great. Hopefully we get a deal as amazing as the Metal Gear Solid 4 LE sealed for 9.99 like last year.

Bah! Managed to get Wet at $9.89. The store I got it at doesn't have e-mail so they had to call another store to confirm the sale price. As stated above, they have to manually override the price to sell it to you at $9.89. Not all stores seem to know about the mistake though, as some of them still think that the DC price is $19.99.

Hm. Missed Wet at $9.89, I'll have to hunt one down at TSCC, but I doubt they'll have any left. Their stock is skinnier than a hungry anorexic chick.

bread's done
Back