[Canada] EB/GameStop Daily Doorcrasher Thread of Daily Deals Hopefully Updated Daily

thegamecubist

CAGiversary!
Tongue-in-cheek title aside, it is what it says. This thread will be updated daily with the current deals, and hopefully rumblings of future deals too!

Today's (July 30/10) Deal:

Wii Music - Wii - $9.89

Wii-Music-8.jpg

Future Deals...?:

July 30, 2010 : Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors - Wii - $19.89 (rumoured and images provided by: Apollo Creed)

Previous Deals:

June 30, 2010 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time - PS3 - $19.89
July 1, 2010 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - PS3 - $19.89
July 2, 2010 - NFS Shift - 360 - $19.89
July 3, 2010 - EA Sports Active: More Workouts - Wii - $19.89
July 4, 2010 - GTA: Chinatown Wars - PSP - $19.89
July 5, 2010 - Ninja Gaiden Summation of Multiple Terms TWO! - PS3 - $39.89
July 6, 2010 - Tekken 6 - 360 & PS3 - $19.89
July 7, 2010 - Brinks Security Door Disk (aka: NFL Head Coach) - 360 & PS3 - $14.89
July 8, 2010 - Dead Space Extraction - Wii - $19.89
July 9, 2010 - Pokemon: Myster Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - DS - $19.89
July 10, 2010 - Madden 10 - Wii - $19.89
July 11, 2010 - Need For Speed Shift - PSP - PRICE: NEVER!!!!
July 12, 2010 - Raiden IV - 360 - $9.89
July 13, 2010 - Section 8 - 360 and Need For Speed Shift - PSP - $9.89 ea.
July 14, 2010 - Madden 08 - PS3 - $9.89
July 15, 2010 - WET - PS3 & 360 - $9.89
July 16, 2010 - Wario Land: Shake It! - Wii - $9.89
July 17, 2010 - MotorStorm: Arctic Edge - PS2 - $9.89
July 18, 2010 - Legends of Wrestlemania - 360 - $9.89
July 19, 2010 - Madden 08 - PS3 - $9.89
July 20, 2010 - Naruto Shippuden: Ninja Destiny 2 - DS - $9.89
July 21, 2010 - Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors - Wii - $9.89
July 22, 2010 - Obscure: The Aftermath - PSP - $9.89
July 23, 2010 - Ghostbusters: The Video Game - DS - $9.89
July 24, 2010 - NBA 08 feat The Life v3 - PS2 - $9.89
July 25, 2010 - FUEL - PS3 & 360 - $9.89 (Thanks djsaiyan and Jouvert!)
July 26, 2010 - NHL 09 - 360 - $9.89
July 27, 2010 - EB gives you a map to go to BlockBuster (aka Facebreaker) - PS3 - $9.89
July 28, 2010 - Guiness World Records: The Video Game- Wii - $9.89
July 29, 2010 - G.I Joe: The Rise of The Cobra - 360 - $9.89

Happy Hunting!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='modano9']Update...I called 3 stores and they have not received an e-mail yet with the price for NFS: Shift (PSP). Currently the game does not scan at a 'doorcrasher' price. To add salt to the wound there is no one at head office on the weekend so stores are not sure how they are going to find out. I will try back in a little while to see if I can get a confirmation.[/QUOTE]

It's probably a HO screw-up. Most likely there will be 2 door crashers tomorrow - NFS: Shift (PSP) & Raiden IV (360) - if this doesn't get sorted out today.

[quote name='Jouvert']It's probably a HO screw-up. Most likely there will be 2 door crashers tomorrow - NFS: Shift (PSP) & Raiden IV (360) - if this doesn't get sorted out today.[/QUOTE]

I don't think thats the case. I think they will skip on NFS:shift

Random thought:

The title of this thread makes me think of The Evil Midnight Bomber (What Bombs at Midnight)

Bonus points if you get the reference

[quote name='djsaiyan']Random thought:

The title of this thread makes me think of The Evil Midnight Bomber (What Bombs at Midnight)

Bonus points if you get the reference[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SickBoy']Yeah, baby, yeah!

(Don't really understand why this thread makes you think of it, though).[/QUOTE]

I can see it--its the repetition of words/thoughts.

EB/GameStop Daily Doorcrasher Thread of Daily Deals Hopefully Updated Daily

The Evil Midnight Bomber (What Bombs at Midnight)

[quote name='collector42']I can see it--its the repetition of words/thoughts.

EB/GameStop Daily Doorcrasher Thread of Daily Deals Hopefully Updated Daily

The Evil Midnight Bomber (What Bombs at Midnight)[/QUOTE]

True enough. Thanks for spelling it out because I was totally oblivious to it (even though it's painfully obvious looking at it now).

I think when I see mention of the Evil Midnight Bomber, I think about the character, and even though the name is similar, I just couldn't imagine him saying this thread title.

I'm really sorry I couldn't update the thread yesterday! I ran out of bandwidth at home...and my dad gets pretty scary when it comes to messing up the internet. I'm really, really sorry, and I hope you guys who use this thread don't give up on it! I realize I messed up and take full responsibilty; didn't help that it was on the day the whole daily deal thing went to hell, too.

Anyways, gonna phone in soon and get today's price(s, maybe if I'm reading right?)

EDIT: The stores I phoned still haven't recieved any updates on the daily deals yet :(

^if you can find a Rogers with it, it's $19.99 used right now. But you can use it for the 3/$25 thing :)

EDIT: Confirmed Raiden IV for $9.89!!! I suck at shumps, but I'm getting this!

IIRC, GS/EB only has the Special Edition, which comes with a soundtrack CD and a file with concept art.

jeffx, you better be on this lolz

Though, this is the second day the price has been different that the rumour. Still in our favour though :D

Hmm... no daily deal update? Maybe GameStop head office is busy trying to figure out why the awesome daily deals up to this point haven't been moving as much stock as they anticipated?
;)

[quote name='thegamecubist']lol wut I changed it? Though before while I was waiting I had the lyrics to Fugazi's "Waiting Room" there :D[/QUOTE]

Oops... all I saw were lyrics. After the confusion on the weekend, I wondered if GameStop was rethinking their Daily Doorcrasher deals - but it looks like pie on MY face!
:whistle2:#

What's so hot about this game.. from the videos I've watched it seems like it should be an XBLA game. I mean I'm familiar with this genre, growing up in the arcades in the 80's, but is there something special about this game? Or just that it's normally $40 so it seems cheap at $10?

I'm kinda having second thoughts. Do I keep my money and just get S&P2? I've been playing S&P1 alot on Wii and it's amazing! I can't believe they never brought this game over when it was supposed to. I'm no good at shumps but S&P1 is still really fun.

Or maybe just get both lolz

EDIT: I think the big fuss is mainly because it is so much cheaper. I don't think anyone expected this was going to get a disc release. I guess it's like Death Smiles in a sense, that the fact it exists is reason enough to be hyped.

No, it's that it's one of the few shmups that were released outside of Japan. It's a must-own for the fans of the genre and at $10 it's a steal.

[quote name='TripleQ']What's so hot about this game.. from the videos I've watched it seems like it should be an XBLA game. I mean I'm familiar with this genre, growing up in the arcades in the 80's, but is there something special about this game? Or just that it's normally $40 so it seems cheap at $10?[/QUOTE]

Depend if what you care about is graphic. Gameplay wise this is an awesome title, so I dont see why it should be on live arcade. Im glad it was released as a title.

I agree it (and Death Smiles) should have been XBLA releases. Definitely more people would have played them if they were anyway.

That being said, it's a great deal at $10.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']I agree it (and Death Smiles) should have been XBLA releases. Definitely more people would have played them if they were anyway.

That being said, it's a great deal at $10.[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure about that. According to recent studies 75% of people are more inclined to buy physical games than downloadable games.

Thanks for posting this deal (Raiden IV) ... picked up a copy at lunch. I have been a fan of Raiden games for ages. I was considering it for $20, but for $10? No second thoughts needed.

Next string of rumours (via store e-mail)

July 13th: (XBOX 360) Section 8 and (PSP) Need For Speed: Shift - prices unknown (** I found out that stores who contacted their DM on Sunday probably got an e-mail advising them to manually override (PSP) NFS: Shift to $14.89. Since most stores were unaware it has been added to tomorrow's doorcrashers).
July 14th: (PS3) Madden 08 - price unknown (we had a chuckle over this one
smile.gif
)
July 15th: (XBOX 360) Wet - price unknown
July 16th: (Wii) Wario Land: Shake It! - price unknown

I realize that most of this has already been rumoured...above is to provide further confirmation and some new information. Hopefully the price discrepancies will continue to be in our favour.

F' it...bought Raiden IV. At least it has co-op! I have another copy of MW2; I'll probably trade it in (PT & GG?) to get some credit and then get S&P2.

Thanks for the extra infor modano; I'll add it to the first post!

^That would be the common sense thing to do. Unfortunately, NFL Head Coach 09 was at a ridiculous price, so the precident doesn't look good :(

[quote name='SickBoy']I can only guess that Madden 08 will be dirt cheap... I'm guessing $3 or $5.[/QUOTE]

When I first read your suggested price, I thought it said "3 for $5" ... and that is still too much!

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Am I the only one who got stuck with a regular edition for Raiden? They had no more limited... *cries*[/QUOTE]

Nope, I think I have the regular edition. Doesn't bother me too much though ... I just wanted to play the game.

Are you sure? The game only came out in two editions from what I read: the Limited Editon with the OST and game, and the GameStop Limited Edition with the OST, artbook file and game.

[quote name='thegamecubist']Are you sure? The game only came out in two editions from what I read: the Limited Editon with the OST and game, and the GameStop Limited Edition with the OST, artbook file and game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, from what I read also, it seems that those are the two versions. Mine had an access code on the OST. Did not try yet.

[quote name='Khalid']Yeah, from what I read also, it seems that those are the two versions. Mine had an access code on the OST. Did not try yet.[/QUOTE]

So youre saying the only difference would be the artbook file? That Id get the OST. Is the artbook file online? I dont know really Ill see when I get home but my GF asked them and they said it wasnt the limited one.... *puzzled*

[quote name='modano9']Next string of rumours (via store e-mail)

July 13th: (XBOX 360) Section 8 and (PSP) Need For Speed: Shift - prices unknown (** I found out that stores who contacted their DM on Sunday probably got an e-mail advising them to manually override (PSP) NFS: Shift to $14.89. Since most stores were unaware it has been added to tomorrow's doorcrashers).
July 14th: (PS3) Madden 08 - price unknown (we had a chuckle over this one
smile.gif
)
July 15th: (XBOX 360) Wet - price unknown
July 16th: (Wii) Wario Land: Shake It! - price unknown

I realize that most of this has already been rumoured...above is to provide further confirmation and some new information. Hopefully the price discrepancies will continue to be in our favour.[/QUOTE]

Thanks EB, keeping my money in my pocket.

Thank you! I double checked and I got the soundtrack you were right. That will save me a trip to EB. It just didnt have the sticker because it was gutted, so CSR was wrong.

I didn't open mine yet because honestly, this game physically scares me. I look at it and have to turn away because I can just imagine how brutal it's going to be. For $10 though, I'm satisfied with attempting to quench the curiosity lolz

But at least everything is clear now! :D

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']So youre saying the only difference would be the artbook file? That Id get the OST. Is the artbook file online? I dont know really Ill see when I get home but my GF asked them and they said it wasnt the limited one.... *puzzled*[/QUOTE]The new/sealed copy I just picked up has the "Gamestop exclusive" sticker on it which says "Ultimate of Raiden Soundtrack + Digital Artbook"

Edit: Guess I was a bit late :)

Got mines with the last bit of trade in credit from who knows when I got that card. It was also the last one at the store.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']I agree it (and Death Smiles) should have been XBLA releases. Definitely more people would have played them if they were anyway.

That being said, it's a great deal at $10.[/QUOTE]
With that mentality, then why shouldn't EVERY game be a download title, like Steam (hdd space be damned)? There's a hell a lot less overhead and no unsold copies if it bombs.

[quote name='poiuiu']Got mines with the last bit of trade in credit from who knows when I got that card. It was also the last one at the store.

With that mentality, then why shouldn't EVERY game be a download title, like Steam (hdd space be damned)? There's a hell a lot less overhead and no unsold copies if it bombs.[/QUOTE]
On a current gen high powered console like PS3 and Xbox 360 I think a 2D arcadey shmup should qualify as a downloadable title. Maybe if it was for DS or PSP and only priced at $30 it would be a bit more reasonable. By in my humble opinion $60 is a little crazy for this type of game.

I couldn't get to EB to get Raiden today, and now the stores around me are all sold out.

I cannot find the deal on the website. What gives?!?! I am so pissed right now...

I don't think the genre should have anything to do with price. If you aren't creditfeeding, a game like Raiden IV will take you well over a dozen hours to beat. That goes doubly so for more complex shmups like Deathsmiles, where you'll need to spend that much time mastering the scoring system. For each game mode.

I bought Raiden IV for $30 and it was worth every penny. The same goes for Deathsmiles at $50.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']On a current gen high powered console like PS3 and Xbox 360 I think a 2D arcadey shmup should qualify as a downloadable title. Maybe if it was for DS or PSP and only priced at $30 it would be a bit more reasonable. By in my humble opinion $60 is a little crazy for this type of game.[/QUOTE]
Like the other guy said, genre shouldn't be an arbitrary indicator for what should be a download title and/or budget price or not. If this was the case, then Super/Street Fighter 4 and other arcade titles should have been 20 bucks and online download only while something like Hydrophobia and REZ should be disc releases. And no, download only titles that are 'only worth' 15 bucks as a download should not cost twice that amount on a handheld either (which is the case for PuzzleQuest 2).

However, if push comes to shove and the only way to get a title is by means of download only, I won't be complaining. Otherwise, physical discs would be preferable.

I'll stop derailing this thread now.

[quote name='neospike']I couldn't get to EB to get Raiden today, and now the stores around me are all sold out.

I cannot find the deal on the website. What gives?!?! I am so pissed right now...[/QUOTE]

You and me, bro. I managed to find a store that had 4 copies, at 5:30PM. Website says THEY CLOSE AT 9PM!!!!!!!!!! 30 mins of train later, get to the store only to find it CLOSED.

I'll call to complain tomorrow, this sucks. Pretty sure what the answer will be though!

Anyway I hope some of you buyers will be turned on to the genre now, we need more SHMUP fans!

[quote name='jeffx']You and me, bro. I managed to find a store that had 4 copies, at 5:30PM. Website says THEY CLOSE AT 9PM!!!!!!!!!! 30 mins of train later, get to the store only to find it CLOSED.

I'll call to complain tomorrow, this sucks. Pretty sure what the answer will be though!

Anyway I hope some of you buyers will be turned on to the genre now, we need more SHMUP fans![/QUOTE]

The website for EB Games is so messed up and their store checker thing is messed up. It says that the store in Yorkdale has PS2 games in stock and when you go in there they don't even have any last gen games anymore. Then again I learned before not to check their store stock thing on their website but its good to know that Yorkdale has no more last gen games.

Sucks you went all that way to go and find the game only for the store to be closed.

bread's done
Back