[Canada] EB/GameStop Daily Doorcrasher Thread of Daily Deals Hopefully Updated Daily

thegamecubist

CAGiversary!
Tongue-in-cheek title aside, it is what it says. This thread will be updated daily with the current deals, and hopefully rumblings of future deals too!

Today's (July 30/10) Deal:

Wii Music - Wii - $9.89

Wii-Music-8.jpg

Future Deals...?:

July 30, 2010 : Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors - Wii - $19.89 (rumoured and images provided by: Apollo Creed)

Previous Deals:

June 30, 2010 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time - PS3 - $19.89
July 1, 2010 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - PS3 - $19.89
July 2, 2010 - NFS Shift - 360 - $19.89
July 3, 2010 - EA Sports Active: More Workouts - Wii - $19.89
July 4, 2010 - GTA: Chinatown Wars - PSP - $19.89
July 5, 2010 - Ninja Gaiden Summation of Multiple Terms TWO! - PS3 - $39.89
July 6, 2010 - Tekken 6 - 360 & PS3 - $19.89
July 7, 2010 - Brinks Security Door Disk (aka: NFL Head Coach) - 360 & PS3 - $14.89
July 8, 2010 - Dead Space Extraction - Wii - $19.89
July 9, 2010 - Pokemon: Myster Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - DS - $19.89
July 10, 2010 - Madden 10 - Wii - $19.89
July 11, 2010 - Need For Speed Shift - PSP - PRICE: NEVER!!!!
July 12, 2010 - Raiden IV - 360 - $9.89
July 13, 2010 - Section 8 - 360 and Need For Speed Shift - PSP - $9.89 ea.
July 14, 2010 - Madden 08 - PS3 - $9.89
July 15, 2010 - WET - PS3 & 360 - $9.89
July 16, 2010 - Wario Land: Shake It! - Wii - $9.89
July 17, 2010 - MotorStorm: Arctic Edge - PS2 - $9.89
July 18, 2010 - Legends of Wrestlemania - 360 - $9.89
July 19, 2010 - Madden 08 - PS3 - $9.89
July 20, 2010 - Naruto Shippuden: Ninja Destiny 2 - DS - $9.89
July 21, 2010 - Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors - Wii - $9.89
July 22, 2010 - Obscure: The Aftermath - PSP - $9.89
July 23, 2010 - Ghostbusters: The Video Game - DS - $9.89
July 24, 2010 - NBA 08 feat The Life v3 - PS2 - $9.89
July 25, 2010 - FUEL - PS3 & 360 - $9.89 (Thanks djsaiyan and Jouvert!)
July 26, 2010 - NHL 09 - 360 - $9.89
July 27, 2010 - EB gives you a map to go to BlockBuster (aka Facebreaker) - PS3 - $9.89
July 28, 2010 - Guiness World Records: The Video Game- Wii - $9.89
July 29, 2010 - G.I Joe: The Rise of The Cobra - 360 - $9.89

Happy Hunting!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neospike']It won't be. The new versions they have now do not come with the music cd. I was just at EB and was considering picking it up. Thankfully I waited. Also, it is way overpriced at EB anyways. Best Buy has been selling it for $30 for months now while EB has been charging $50 until today, where it dropped to $45. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I see. Well, the regular edition is 20$ on amazon.com, so this would have to be 10$ to be considered hot. I'd reckon most SHMUP fans go their copy by now, so I wonder who'll buy this at all.

Interestingly enough, Raiden IV is not even listed on gamestop.ca

The tiny shred of buyer's remorse I had from buying Eternal Sonata instead of saving my cash in case of a good daily drop just evaporated quicker than a raindrop in the ridiculous heat we've been having the past few days.

[quote name='modano9']I wouldn't waste your time...prices are provided to stores on the morning of the deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for the most part CSRs haven't said anything. Phoning in the morning isn't a huge deal though.

You know the most ironic thing about today's door crasher is they sold the same game for less (15 bucks) as a regular game deal during a previous Game Days sale. And it was both versions as well not just one.

Found out what's the next deals and prices while checking their images on ebgames.ca :p

h!!p://www.gamestop.ca/gs/images/125x160/125X160_todayonly_10.jpg
h!!p://www.gamestop.ca/gs/images/125x160/125X160_todayonly_11.jpg
h!!p://www.gamestop.ca/gs/images/125x160/125X160_todayonly_12.jpg
up to
h!!p://www.gamestop.ca/gs/images/125x160/125X160_todayonly_19.jpg

Hard to tell for what console some games are for since it`s not in the image but anyway tought i`ll register and share that with you all :cool:

[quote name='HeLLeVeN']Found out what's the next deals and prices while checking there images on ebgames.ca :p

up to

Hard to tell for what console some games are for since it`s not in the image but anyway tought i`ll register and share that with you all :cool:[/QUOTE]
Sweet thanks! I've uploaded to an off site image host incase they change the URL. Here they are in order. 18 and 19 were the same.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to post this at RFD as well, it'll make it's way there sooner or later now anyway.

dAflM.jpg

XL4r4.jpg

YqKzL.jpg

FQS1i.jpg

aH8BB.jpg

BYBCI.jpg

bqXxX.jpg

mFGhR.jpg

tqqEj.jpg

I was about to comment that I was kind of disappointed with the 'sales' so far but at least my spare credit was safe, but am kinda hoping Wet will be the PS3 version. I really enjoyed the demo, and probably wouldn't mind using some credit to try the whole thing. Nice find Helleven

yawn. They had wario shake it for $20 way before xmas as I got it there using a cereal coupon and used it as an xmas gift

I assume that madden 08 image is an error

Very bleak look at future deals, I'd say. With a list up until the 18th, it's looking more and more unlikely there will be anything for less than $20 (minus Head Coach). Oh, and wtf @ Wario. They had that for practically the same price during last year's Game Deals :roll:

[quote name='HeLLeVeN']Found out what's the next deals and prices while checking their images on ebgames.ca :p

up to

Hard to tell for what console some games are for since it`s not in the image but anyway tought i`ll register and share that with you all :cool:[/QUOTE]

This is awesome, thanks!

Too bad you can't edit it to make the games better. Madden 08 for $20? Seriously, what am I missing from this picture?

Well good news there is a bunch of junk deals so I won't be getting anything. Bad news is I was hoping for more from these Door Crasher sales. I remember last year I didn't even know about Game Days being on and I walked into an EB Games randomly and Mirror's Edge was only $10. What happened to those good deals?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HeLLeVeN']Found out what's the next deals and prices while checking their images on ebgames.ca :p

up to

Well Done! You deserve full credit. Madden 08...are they serious.

[quote name='modano9']Well Done! You deserve full credit. Madden 08...are they serious.[/QUOTE]
No prob guys, glad i could help :)
[quote name='kn00tcn']WET's hit $20 several times in the last few weeks

i'm gonna keep waiting... maybe goozex eventually

or h!!p://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=PS3_QZ&product=5810569 already $20 for several months, waiting for $10 or $5 i guess[/QUOTE]
Well if you don't mind getting it used check out at BlockBuster video, they had it for the PS3 & XBOX360 at 9.99$. I took 360 version, could'nt pass at that price.

Wow,that's a great find for the images... but a disappointing list of games overall. Wario Land is probably worth the $20 if that's your kind of game, but everything else seems like it should've been $10 to be any kind of deal.

With Raiden IV being 20 bucks, I'm better off spending my money on getting two used copies of Ironman 2 DS or something.

Madden 08 obviously and some of this other stuff would seemingly have to be placeholder or wrong. Motorstorm, for example, is $19.99 already. Based on the speculation that Madden 10 Wii was coming up, maybe that's meant to be Madden 10 HD...

Still, can't say I'm excited about any of these potential games.

Hot off the press...according to my source the price for Madden 10 (Wii) is $9.89. I called a second location and they confirmed the price as well.

First discrepancy based on the website pictures...

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']
I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to post this at RFD as well, it'll make it's way there sooner or later now anyway.[/QUOTE]

Well Im sure most of us would have preferred later, buddy.
Anyhow, it seems like some of those images are definitely placeholders.

[quote name='modano9']Hot off the press...according to my source the price for Madden 10 (Wii) is $9.89. I called a second location and they confirmed the price as well.

First discrepancy based on the website pictures...[/QUOTE]
Excellent news. Let's hope a lot of them are just place holders.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Well Im sure most of us would have preferred later, buddy.
Anyhow, it seems like some of those images are definitely placeholders.[/QUOTE]
Okay, I'll keep it mind for next time. I know you post there as well, do you make your threads here first as well?

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Well Im sure most of us would have preferred later, buddy.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Okay, I'll keep it mind for next time. I know you post there as well, do you make your threads here first as well?[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

I hope you guys consider dropping this whole competition thing...The OP and I have been PM'ing each other most mornings to ensure both sites are updated accurately. I even provided an update here this morning when I noticed the OP had not updated the thread. In terms of the pics they are great however the price proved to be inaccurate. I'm also not sure they are all accurate.

Let's leave it at that...enjoy the deals. I'm positive your so called 'RFD hoarders' are not crashing the doors.

dag nabit I completely forgot to check back here. ONly game i missed was Dead Space Extraction but man did I want that game. oh well. I"ll be keeping a better eye on this thread again.

yes and as I previously pointed out earlier in the thread. I'm in Toronto. I explained this literally on the first page. I've never cared enough to change my location but good grief if everyone is gonna assume I'm an idiot who can't read the location in the thread folder or the thread topic title, maybe I should.

hold on according to Tivs.ca madden 10 has a 7.25 tiv. Can you combine the daily deal with the fact that if you buy like 5 sports games at once they're 50% off? Or use a power trade with madden 10 bam you just earned some credit.
Though the TIV probably dropped because of this deal and tivs.ca just hasn't updated.

If anybody wants Lego Rock Band the EB Games at Steeles & Yonge has a couple left for the 360 that are still sealed. I also got the last (gutted copy) of Eternal Sonata there for the PS3.

[quote name='modano9']Let's leave it at that...enjoy the deals. I'm positive your so called 'RFD hoarders' are not crashing the doors.[/QUOTE]

Different people have different opinions. Its not about competition but simply a different philosophy. Let's not play silly and try to pretend that so called "hoarders" are an urban legend, alright ;)

[quote name='Wolfkin']good grief if everyone is gonna assume I'm an idiot who can't read the location in the thread folder or the thread topic title, maybe I should.[/QUOTE]

People only assume that because it happens near constantly. Then the American who found their way to our part of the board demands we put "Canada only" in thread titles, even though they're in the Canada forum.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Different people have different opinions. Its not about competition but simply a different philosophy. Let's not play silly and try to pretend that so called "hoarders" are an urban legend, alright ;)[/QUOTE]

I never realized this is a hoarder/troll free zone...:roll:
Thanks for the clarification!

[quote name='modano9']I never realized this is a hoarder/troll free zone...:roll:
Thanks for the clarification![/QUOTE]

In comparison to a certain "other" site, I'd say it is by a landslide.

I do feel this forum is a lot more game centric than RFD. Definitely a lot more civil. I came here first because I'm a gamer at heart, a cheap ass one second. Too often at RFD get the feeling it's the opposite.

[quote name='Wolfkin']yes and as I previously pointed out earlier in the thread. I'm in Toronto. I explained this literally on the first page. I've never cared enough to change my location but good grief if everyone is gonna assume I'm an idiot who can't read the location in the thread folder or the thread topic title, maybe I should.[/QUOTE]

Now that I've actually seen you mention it, I'll remember for next time lol. Surprisingly enough, I don't remember every single post made in these forums.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Different people have different opinions. Its not about competition but simply a different philosophy. Let's not play silly and try to pretend that so called "hoarders" are an urban legend, alright ;)[/QUOTE]

I think its more of a "these have mostly been crap games and/or at crap prices". The RFD crowd are welcome to "crash the doors" for these as far as I'm concerned...

Update...I called 3 stores and they have not received an e-mail yet with the price for NFS: Shift (PSP). Currently the game does not scan at a 'doorcrasher' price. To add salt to the wound there is no one at head office on the weekend so stores are not sure how they are going to find out. I will try back in a little while to see if I can get a confirmation.

bread's done
Back