[Canada] EB/GameStop Daily Doorcrasher Thread of Daily Deals Hopefully Updated Daily

thegamecubist

CAGiversary!
Tongue-in-cheek title aside, it is what it says. This thread will be updated daily with the current deals, and hopefully rumblings of future deals too!

Today's (July 30/10) Deal:

Wii Music - Wii - $9.89

Wii-Music-8.jpg

Future Deals...?:

July 30, 2010 : Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors - Wii - $19.89 (rumoured and images provided by: Apollo Creed)

Previous Deals:

June 30, 2010 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time - PS3 - $19.89
July 1, 2010 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - PS3 - $19.89
July 2, 2010 - NFS Shift - 360 - $19.89
July 3, 2010 - EA Sports Active: More Workouts - Wii - $19.89
July 4, 2010 - GTA: Chinatown Wars - PSP - $19.89
July 5, 2010 - Ninja Gaiden Summation of Multiple Terms TWO! - PS3 - $39.89
July 6, 2010 - Tekken 6 - 360 & PS3 - $19.89
July 7, 2010 - Brinks Security Door Disk (aka: NFL Head Coach) - 360 & PS3 - $14.89
July 8, 2010 - Dead Space Extraction - Wii - $19.89
July 9, 2010 - Pokemon: Myster Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - DS - $19.89
July 10, 2010 - Madden 10 - Wii - $19.89
July 11, 2010 - Need For Speed Shift - PSP - PRICE: NEVER!!!!
July 12, 2010 - Raiden IV - 360 - $9.89
July 13, 2010 - Section 8 - 360 and Need For Speed Shift - PSP - $9.89 ea.
July 14, 2010 - Madden 08 - PS3 - $9.89
July 15, 2010 - WET - PS3 & 360 - $9.89
July 16, 2010 - Wario Land: Shake It! - Wii - $9.89
July 17, 2010 - MotorStorm: Arctic Edge - PS2 - $9.89
July 18, 2010 - Legends of Wrestlemania - 360 - $9.89
July 19, 2010 - Madden 08 - PS3 - $9.89
July 20, 2010 - Naruto Shippuden: Ninja Destiny 2 - DS - $9.89
July 21, 2010 - Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors - Wii - $9.89
July 22, 2010 - Obscure: The Aftermath - PSP - $9.89
July 23, 2010 - Ghostbusters: The Video Game - DS - $9.89
July 24, 2010 - NBA 08 feat The Life v3 - PS2 - $9.89
July 25, 2010 - FUEL - PS3 & 360 - $9.89 (Thanks djsaiyan and Jouvert!)
July 26, 2010 - NHL 09 - 360 - $9.89
July 27, 2010 - EB gives you a map to go to BlockBuster (aka Facebreaker) - PS3 - $9.89
July 28, 2010 - Guiness World Records: The Video Game- Wii - $9.89
July 29, 2010 - G.I Joe: The Rise of The Cobra - 360 - $9.89

Happy Hunting!

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE='Cube Daddy;7388486]I don't want to start a new thread with a silly rant, so I'll just drop my comment in here. I just need to get this off my chest. I am at the end of my patience with GameStop. Why does almost every game that isn't purchased on day one have to be gutted and resealed? Even the ones behind the counter now come out without factory sealed wrapping. The clerks are quick so you have to really watch what you're being sold. If they ARE wrapped, they are re-wrapped and you get to see what sort of damage your boxart and disc have endured once you open it and void the return policy. It's the price you pay for playing the CAG game, but damn it I'm nearly done.

Can any EB Games/GameStop employees on this forum clue me in as to why factory sealed games are so hard to come by these days?[/QUOTE]

I used to work at EB many years ago so I don't know if this still applies, but this is how it was back then:

The reason that we had so many gutted copies of games was simply because game companies never supplied us with game art to put on the shelves, yet still made deals to have their products fill up displays. For example, if we had to fill a rack with the latest NHL game, we had to gut 12 copies to do so because EA didn't send us empty boxes for said display. When these games come off display they get "repackaged" and put behind the counter which is the reason you're getting "store sealed" games half the time.

Really all problems could be solved if game companies and/or head office would just supply each location with game art or stand in boxes for all new releases/all promotions. They seem to be getting better as I've noticed they have specific art for the "Trade 3" promos which we didn't have back when I worked there, but really it should be for every game so there is no more gutting. Customers hate it, I hate it, and it was a pain in the ass to do everyday anyways.

On topic: these daily deals are kinda brutal; I went out on day 1 and picked up everything I wanted from the flyer as that seems to be where the best deals are had.

[quote name='adayinthelife']I used to work at EB...[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot, adayinthelife. I suppose the games I've tried to buy recently have been the last of the stock in the stores I've been to and so they are the resealed dregs. Did you find that many people decided not to buy the game when they saw that they were about to receive a gutted or resealed copy? I always feel awkward rejecting it, but... Last night I didn't and now I'm grumpy. Haha.

PS. Sorry for the thread hijack. Here's hoping for some $9.99 action on Dead Space Extraction tomorrow!

I'm an NFL fan (and into it enough to play games like Front Office Football) and I'm not sure if I'd even buy Head Coach for $5....

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE='Cube Daddy;7388486]I don't want to start a new thread with a silly rant, so I'll just drop my comment in here. I just need to get this off my chest. I am at the end of my patience with GameStop. Why does almost every game that isn't purchased on day one have to be gutted and resealed? Even the ones behind the counter now come out without factory sealed wrapping. The clerks are quick so you have to really watch what you're being sold. If they ARE wrapped, they are re-wrapped and you get to see what sort of damage your boxart and disc have endured once you open it and void the return policy. It's the price you pay for playing the CAG game, but damn it I'm nearly done.

Can any EB Games/GameStop employees on this forum clue me in as to why factory sealed games are so hard to come by these days?[/QUOTE]

Its because they want you to pre-order the game and buy it on Day 1.

That is strange though that the game companies don't give stores cases with art. My friend who works at Wal Mart gave me a bunch of cases with Mod Nation Racers PS3 cases with art work (just advertising the game). Although, this may have been a rare case since the cases were the old Playstation cases and not the new ones (the old ones have "PLAYSTATION 3" at the very top of the case).

So far there hasn't been a game on this list that I would consider buying, but I look forward to checking the thread every day just in case.

Still waiting for a doorcrasher that worth getting excited about. Dead Space Extraction for $10 would almost count, but would be cold at $20. Guess we'll have to see what happens.

Luckily, some of the flyer deals have been decent enough. Even if the doorcrashers are a waste, the sale won't have been a complete flop.

Yeah, I at least got Resonance of Fate out of this GameDays. And Dissidia, though honestly that game confuses me. I only just started it, but each fight has been "circlecirclecirclecircleSQUARE!!" They could do alot of clever things with this battle system; I hope they actually do.

I'm still debating Resonance of Fate myself. Only one I've picked up so far was Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, which was a no-brainer at $20.

I'm liking it so far, though they pretty much just throw you into battle and make you figure out the system on your own, which is fairly complex.

There is an arena with tutorials, but you barely have time to get the hang of whatever action you're supposed to be practicing before it takes you on to the next one and the explanations aren't all that great.

Still, good game so far.

Picked up Tekken 6, haven't tried it yet, but was looking forward to it dropping so good deal for me IMO. Passed on everything else.

Thinking of grabbing Mass Effect 2 and Beatles RB (for a second time), provided that I can find sealed copies alright.

[quote name='JnJosh']its not the RFD effect as it has more to do with loyalty and the quality of people on this site as opposed to on that one. Yes i realize it will get leaked on there and I have no problem, but people on there take information from us and do not source it, even as a thank you, its annoying.

also, ea active if priced at 19.99 is a no brainer for any fitness on the wii guru. I find it fun to play but it is not as cool as wii fit![/QUOTE]

After reviewing this entire thread I'm sorry but this statement is hypocritical. With the exception of the OP who contacted me certain people who I will not name took my exact post (including format) from RFD and posted it here as their own. People make themselves look silly when they criticize others for behaviours they are guilty of having themselves.

Anyways...on with the deals. I hope to find out more rumours sometime tomorrow (and yes they will be shared with the OP...despite the actions of some).

Can confirm Dead Space Extraction for $19.89. Will update the OP. this reminds me that I have to play the original Dead Space...yet another for the backlog!

Might have to go into GS at lunch and see if I can do some digging...we have no idea what's coming next! Hopefully my boss doesn't come looking for me again :/

Jeez, only $10 off Dead Space? Well, there goes any interest I've had since this joke of a sale started.

At this rate I'll be very surprised if we see anything as low as $9.99. I guess the real deals were in their flyer after all.

[quote name='thegamecubist']*still crosses fingers for Magna Carta 2*[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too I am hoping for that game.

[quote name='Khalid']Yeah, me too I am hoping for that game.[/QUOTE]

Its 30$ used at BBV. Was 30$ new at Bestbuy.
A doorcrasher deal would not be lower than that, so keep hoping.

Wow. Kind of disappointed.

Dead Space Extraction is still worth $20 for most people, but I wouldn't call it a great deal when the regular used price at EB is $25. (Let's be honest: when the games are gutted anyway there isn't much difference between new and used in most cases... all part of EBs brilliant strategy to move more used games.)

Maybe the sale will improve, although I starting to think the real deals will be few and far between.

Well Dead Space Extraction now has zero interest. I rented the game and sorry it is not worth $20. This sale so far sucks. Oh well still waiting for Saturday to come for the Buy 2 Used games and get a discount and then I will also pick up Lego Rockband.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']Well Dead Space Extraction now has zero interest. I rented the game and sorry it is not worth $20. This sale so far sucks. Oh well still waiting for Saturday to come for the Buy 2 Used games and get a discount and then I will also pick up Lego Rockband.[/QUOTE]

whats that deal exactly?

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']whats that deal exactly?[/QUOTE]

You buy two GCN/Xbox/PS2 games used that are $9.99 to $14.99 and you get both for $20.

While this isn't the greatest deal since its on last gen systems there are a couple of games that I do want that are $14.99 used so I am looking forward to the sale.

Oh reading fail lolz :( I thought you meant Lego RB as part of that!

I do know that I had my eye on Jade Empire for the longest time...

Well, Lego Rock Band is $9.99 new so that's already pretty cheap.. kind of hard to find now though, I had to go to a couple of stores. Gutted copy but at least the export code still worked.

[quote name='TripleQ']Well, Lego Rock Band is $9.99 new so that's already pretty cheap.. kind of hard to find now though, I had to go to a couple of stores. Gutted copy but at least the export code still worked.[/QUOTE]

Well that is why I will probably order it online like I did with Yakuza 3 and Dark Void. Just waiting for the sale to finally begin.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']Well that is why I will probably order it online like I did with Yakuza 3 and Dark Void. Just waiting for the sale to finally begin.[/QUOTE]

I hate that you pay +- 10-15% more when you use Edge credit at Gamestop.ca (because Edge is taxable online and non taxable in store).

[quote name='thegamecubist']Oh reading fail lolz :( I thought you meant Lego RB as part of that!

I do know that I had my eye on Jade Empire for the longest time...[/QUOTE]

Goozex is made for stuff like that since no one can get anything for it trading it in. Presently 8 offers instantly available for the ltd edition, if you bought the points/tokens last week on sale it would be $4.25. $3 for the reg edition. Less if you got a good deal on games you send out

Next string of rumours....enjoy!

July 9th doorcrasher: DS - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - price unknown
July 10th doorcrasher: Wii - Madden NFL 10 - price unknown
July 11th doorcrasher: PSP - Need For Speed Shift - price unknown
July 12th doorcrasher: XBOX 360 - Raiden IV - price unknown

[quote name='modano9']Next string of rumours....enjoy!

July 9th doorcrasher: DS - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - price unknown
July 10th doorcrasher: Wii - Madden NFL 10 - price unknown
July 11th doorcrasher: PSP - Need For Speed Shift - price unknown
July 12th doorcrasher: XBOX 360 - Raiden IV - price unknown[/QUOTE]
Shift could be good

[quote name='thegamecubist']Thanks modano! I'll update the OP. Hopefully I can ask around about prices tonight![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't waste your time...prices are provided to stores on the morning of the deal.

Man, the deals for the next few days are CRAP. Thanks for the updates though, I'm waiting until they have something real.

I'd definitely get Prototype (PS3), NFS: Shift (PS3), and Alpha Protocol (PS3) if they had them on sale. We'll see!

wow bad games only one i would be interested in is nfs:shift for psp but i got that at rogers for $10 like 6 months ago.

the games on sale at 50% off or lower are way better deals than these doorcrashers so far for me personally might just have to get some before there sold out if they arnt already.

Pockeymoonz dungeon? If it was the Sky version and for 10 bucks, I'd hit that. But since it's darkness, the one I already have, nuts to that since that could be bought for 5 bucks last year (BBV $10 + $5 off cereal coupon).

As it is, the only good sale is Raiden 4, and even then, only if it's new for 15 bucks or lower (which is kinda unlikely).

[quote name='poiuiu']As it is, the only good sale is Raiden 4, and even then, only if it's new for 15 bucks or lower (which is kinda unlikely).[/QUOTE]

Double agreed. Wonder if it will be the gamestop-exclusive edition however.

[quote name='jeffx']Double agreed. Wonder if it will be the gamestop-exclusive edition however.[/QUOTE]

It won't be. The new versions they have now do not come with the music cd. I was just at EB and was considering picking it up. Thankfully I waited. Also, it is way overpriced at EB anyways. Best Buy has been selling it for $30 for months now while EB has been charging $50 until today, where it dropped to $45. :roll:

[quote name='Dragon52']If Pokemon and NFS: Shift are $9.89 I'd bite, but I doubt that's the case.[/QUOTE]

I would also bite at Pokemon for $9.89 even though I don't play the Pokemon spin-offs but at this rate and being a Pokemon game my guess is $19.89.

Nintendo bring back the Players Choice line-up already -_-.

[quote name='Norieaga']Man, the deals for the next few days are CRAP. Thanks for the updates though, I'm waiting until they have something real.

I'd definitely get Prototype (PS3), NFS: Shift (PS3), and Alpha Protocol (PS3) if they had them on sale. We'll see![/QUOTE]

Alpha Protocol's one of the regular deals, I believe it's 44.99. You'd have to check the other thread.

bread's done
Back