ChromeHounds - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='King_Sprout']I have 3 questiosn to ask about this game.

I am psyched to buy this game, but I have 3 questions about it.

1. In the GS review, they say that the customization is toned down fro mthe armored core series made by the same company. How? Anything important they simplified or got rid of?

2. Xbox live. How many players do you need per team? If it's 6 (I assumed it'd be six, because that's how many are listed on an ad for the game in my EGM mag) can you do something like 3 heavy mechs in front, 2 fast snipers with one long range gun and that's it, and one sneaker with a few machineguns, but moderately fast too?

3. How big are the maps?[/quote]

1. Never played Armored Core, but I the customization is awesome.

2. The max is 6 vs 6

3. Big enough, they vary in size depending on location.

Great games last night CheapyD. We usually don't launch in groups that small, but most people jumped over to Dead Rising or fell asleep *cough*Ramo*cough*

Anyway, it looks like we are now getting 16 picks. Might have to break the lottery down by 4ea. I'll update on Weds.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Great games last night CheapyD. We usually don't launch in groups that small, but most people jumped over to Dead Rising or fell asleep *cough*Ramo*cough*

Anyway, it looks like we are now getting 16 picks. Might have to break the lottery down by 4ea. I'll update on Weds.[/QUOTE]
I really did want to jump on last night but I was getting caught up with a friend I hadn't spoken to in months. I will definitely be on tonight though, if I can stay awake!!:lol:

How small were the groups?? How did Cheapy do?? Should we kick him off the squad or keep him on?

[quote name='Santurio']I really did want to jump on last night but I was getting caught up with a friend I hadn't spoken to in months. I will definitely be on tonight though, if I can stay awake!!:lol:

How small were the groups?? How did Cheapy do?? Should we kick him off the squad or keep him on?[/quote]
It was groups of 2-4 got 5 for a couple games but that was it. Were almost at the max for the full squad. CheapyD did fine for a noob ;). He's learning and tweaking his hound almost after every match like we all did in the beginning.

I tried to get back to SP last night and OMG it pisses me off! Can't beat the Scout Missions...

EDIT: As far as the picks go for now, highest rank takes the extra pick.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It was groups of 2-4 got 5 for a couple games but that was it. Were almost at the max for the full squad. CheapyD did fine for a noob ;). He's learning and tweaking his hound almost after every match like we all did in the beginning.

I tried to get back to SP last night and OMG it pisses me off! Can't beat the Scout Missions...

EDIT: As far as the picks go for now, highest rank takes the extra pick.[/QUOTE]
yeah there is no way in hell I am going back to get S rank on all of them. I passed them and that is fine for me. I like the Live play too much to go back to SP.

[quote name='Santurio']yeah there is no way in hell I am going back to get S rank on all of them. I passed them and that is fine for me. I like the Live play too much to go back to SP.[/quote]

I want the achievements and the weapons so I'll have go through with it eventually.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I want the achievements and the weapons so I'll have go through with it eventually.[/QUOTE]

Just in case, you said you were having problems with scout missions, I beat all the missions but two of them my first try with an S ranking.

The other two I could not do anything right to get an S, kept getting A. So I switched my hound to a solider and kicked the two levels arse.

I built a solider out of parts from single player and then did the levels. I am going to try this on a few of the defender levels I could not get an S rank on sometime in the future.

Still need to finish Heavy Gunner and Commander which I plan on doing soon maybe this weekend.

[quote name='flybrione']Just in case, you said you were having problems with scout missions, I beat all the missions but two of them my first try with an S ranking.

The other two I could not do anything right to get an S, kept getting A. So I switched my hound to a solider and kicked the two levels arse.

I built a solider out of parts from single player and then did the levels. I am going to try this on a few of the defender levels I could not get an S rank on sometime in the future.

Still need to finish Heavy Gunner and Commander which I plan on doing soon maybe this weekend.[/quote]

Ahhh I had forgetten about the build your own hound option. I'll give it another go sometime with a different hound.

I managed to get the "all S rank" achievement last week. I thought the most difficult mission was one of the commander missions... it requires you to order your troops to take out a handful of enemy groups. What makes this difficult is in order to get the S rank you cannot take any damage - forcing you to snipe the enemy from far away if you hope to engague the enemy at all.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']New recruit added to the op:

19. dooddude - anonymous[/QUOTE]
I believe the game only allows you to have 20 members on a squad. So if that makes 19 we have room for one more. We may need to re-evaluate the activity of some members sometime down the road. Right now I'm very happy with the squad except for the one or two I have never seen online or have no idea who they are on CAG.

Did Wildwop ever join?

[quote name='Swift900']I managed to get the "all S rank" achievement last week.[/QUOTE]

Bragger!!;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']1. Never played Armored Core, but I the customization is awesome.

2. The max is 6 vs 6

3. Big enough, they vary in size depending on location.[/quote]

2. Is my dream team possible?

This game sounds awesome, hell, the sp demo was awesome, and the game is receiving such low scores (well not really low, but just not as high as they should be).

Can't wait to play, something to get me out of Oblivion.

[quote name='King_Sprout']2. Is my dream team possible?

This game sounds awesome, hell, the sp demo was awesome, and the game is receiving such low scores (well not really low, but just not as high as they should be).

Can't wait to play, something to get me out of Oblivion.[/QUOTE]
technically............yes. How effective they will be might vary. As a sniper you could actually add more than one long range weapon and still keep a decent speed. But having 3 huge HOUNDS up front would be too slow. You really have sooooo much more variety and can really build a mixture of the classes. You don't just have to be a HVG or a SOL. You can have a 2 legged SOL/HVG or COM/SOL and still have a decent speed to get you across the map. The main thing is to make sure your main parts will sustain the weight, energy and kickback from large weapons. I made a small hovercraft with 4 Anelace Cannons and when I shot them I would see nothig but sky and my ass catching on fire from the enemy shooting me while I wasn't looking.

if anybody has extra parts, i can trade, but i know i wont have anything you dont have, since i just got the game. i am a heavy gunner

[quote name='Santurio']I believe the game only allows you to have 20 members on a squad. So if that makes 19 we have room for one more. We may need to re-evaluate the activity of some members sometime down the road. Right now I'm very happy with the squad except for the one or two I have never seen online or have no idea who they are on CAG.

Did Wildwop ever join?

Bragger!!;)[/quote]

What about your cousin, was he just playing the rental? I hardly see him on anymore.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What about your cousin, was he just playing the rental? I hardly see him on anymore.[/QUOTE]
he still has it. I've seen him on a couple of times but not too much. He'll probably give up on it pretty soon but he still wants to play. He just works pretty late and has to get up early. So he doesn't play a whole lot.

But I will cut his ass if I have to.

[quote name='Santurio']he still has it. I've seen him on a couple of times but not too much. He'll probably give up on it pretty soon but he still wants to play. He just works pretty late and has to get up early. So he doesn't play a whole lot.[/quote]

Oh... I thought he was just renting the game. As far as tonight goes, I'll try to be on at 9pm PST but most likely it will be 10-11pm

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh... I thought he was just renting the game. As far as tonight goes, I'll try to be on at 9pm PST but most likely it will be 10-11pm[/QUOTE]
it is a rental. But it's on my Gamerpass at GameRush so I can keep it as long as I want. There is no other game that I would rent at the time so I'm letting him keep it for a while.

[quote name='Santurio']I believe the game only allows you to have 20 members on a squad. So if that makes 19 we have room for one more. We may need to re-evaluate the activity of some members sometime down the road. Right now I'm very happy with the squad except for the one or two I have never seen online or have no idea who they are on CAG.

Did Wildwop ever join? [/QUOTE]

I know my one friend I invited has not played in a week, GBman. I sent him a message today about the possiblity of getting dropped if he does not play and I will let you guys know what his decision is.

The last time I talked to him he said he still wants to play but we were having problems with the lobby and he got frustrated. You know the mystery lobby ;) .

That happened to me Sunday night with Mr. Wahoo.
He could not join our lobby.

[quote name='flybrione']I know my one friend I invited has not played in a week, GBman. I sent him a message today about the possiblity of getting dropped if he does not play and I will let you guys know what his decision is.

The last time I talked to him he said he still wants to play but we were having problems with the lobby and he got frustrated. You know the mystery lobby ;) .

That happened to me Sunday night with Mr. Wahoo.
He could not join our lobby.[/QUOTE]
yeah, we aren't dropping anybody just yet but it may be a possibilty soon if more people want to join.

[quote name='Santurio']yeah, we aren't dropping anybody just yet but it may be a possibilty soon if more people want to join.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to give him a heads up so he knows whats going on and if he gets dropped he understands the reason behind it.

I've been wanting to rent this game from Gamefly for about as long as it's been out, but that damn place never has it in-stock. You guys make it sound really awesome and I can definitely see this as a case of reviewers being completely wrong about a game. I might have to break down and buy it eventually...

Reminder:

Mr Wahoo (TUESDAY 8/15)
Swift900 - swift fix (TUESDAY 8/15)

Santurio - Ramo Z (TUESDAY 8/15) (4)

flybrione - BigMes (WEDNESDAY 8/16)
Maximo1324 (WEDNESDAY 8/16) (4)

???? - CiLLkuPID (WEDNESDAY 8/17)

Highest rank takes the extra pick.

When there was 15 picks, does that mean all 15 picks will win?

The last two times it was my day, I didn't win anything.

I've just opened my copy, and started playing it, beat the inital training and soldier training, when woudl you say is a good time to start building my mech? Are the borrowed ones usually better?

[quote name='King_Sprout']I've just opened my copy, and started playing it, beat the inital training and soldier training, when woudl you say is a good time to start building my mech? Are the borrowed ones usually better?[/QUOTE]

Unless you're playing a bunch of online at the same time as SP, I don't see a benefit in building your own mech vs borrowing one for the missions. What they give you is usually enough to get an S Rank (or at least an A).

I've completed the Commander story mode and just build my CAG Commander hound. I'm looking forward to trying it online soon.

Linkin on the first page you keep forgetting to put RX Man XBL: RX MAN 911 on the squad list.

Today is my day for picks I get to pick 5? or 4? Just want to double check.

[quote name='flybrione']Linkin on the first page you keep forgetting to put RX Man XBL: RX MAN 911 on the squad list.

Today is my day for picks I get to pick 5? or 4? Just want to double check.[/quote]
Sorry, I'll add him to the main page, I could have sworn he was there.

You get 4. Maximo out ranks you so he took the extra pick. I will be changing them to 4x4 for Thursday and on. I

[quote name='Brak']When there was 15 picks, does that mean all 15 picks will win?

The last two times it was my day, I didn't win anything.[/quote]
15 picks means 15 entries into the lottery. Think of it as 15 raffle tickets that get split up within the squad on a daily basis. The system does a random lottery sometimes you win sometimes you dont.

EDIT: We are officially at 20 since dooddude joined. I just forgot to update with Rx Man 911.
SQUAD IS OFFICIALLY FULL

EDIT2: By 20 i mean members of the squad, not 20 picks

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
SQUAD IS OFFICIALLY FULL[/QUOTE]

Meh. Guess I'll be joining some random squad then.

DAMN YOU NETGEAR!

[quote name='WildWop']Meh. Guess I'll be joining some random squad then.

DAMN YOU NETGEAR![/QUOTE]
no, we should have room for you if you still want to join. I can just remove one of the current members who just rented the game. I believe Warlock had rented the game and plans on buying it later and Andyseous as well. We can always make room for them on down the road. Just let us know if you still want to join

4 picks each:

toper - Toper331 (Thursday 8/16)
Rx Man 911
(Thursday 8/16)
darkrage - DrStarkweather (Thursday 8/16)
Ultimate Matt X (Thursday 8/16)

LinkinPrime (Friday 8/17)
Crowbb - Crowbb Live
(Friday 8/17)
Mr Wahoo (Friday 8/17)
Swift900 - swift fix (Friday 8/17)

If anyone else ranks up, please let me know by posting here or sending me a PM and I'll add you to the list ASAP.

*****RollCall*****

Santurio - Ramo Z
Maximo1324
toper - Toper331
LinkinPrime
Swift900 - swift fix
flybrione - BigMes
Ultimate Matt X
Crowbb - Crowbb Live
Brak - Brax0r
samuraiwahoo - Mr. Wahoo
???? - Kingyellow64

Warlock TCK - Warlock TCK
RX Man - Rx Man 911
???? - IGNIGKNOKT
darkrage - DrStarkweather
???? - Andyeseous
???? - GB Man
???? - CiLLkuPID
CheapyD
dooddude - anonymous

This is the current squad list. I would like to know the status or activity level of some of the members. The highlighted names are the active members I have either read are active or I have seen and played with online. The others may be active but I just haven't seen them so I would like to know if they are still taking part in the squad.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']4 picks each:

toper - Toper331 (Thursday 8/16)
Rx Man 911
(Thursday 8/16)
darkrage - DrStarkweather (Thursday 8/16)
Ultimate Matt X (Thursday 8/16)

LinkinPrime (Friday 8/17)
Crowbb - Crowbb Live
(Friday 8/17)
Mr Wahoo (Friday 8/17)
Swift900 - swift fix (Friday 8/17)

If anyone else ranks up, please let me know by posting here or sending me a PM and I'll add you to the list ASAP.
[/QUOTE]

LP:

I thought I read that we were at 20 picks now? If so, are we doing 4 guys picking 5 or 5 guys picking 4? Thanks for the clarification.

Toper

[quote name='toper']LP:

I thought I read that we were at 20 picks now? If so, are we doing 4 guys picking 5 or 5 guys picking 4? Thanks for the clarification.

Toper[/quote]

That's news to me. I checked last night and it was at 16 but I didnt check right before I left. If its 20 we can do either, I'd say its up to the squad. Can anyone clarify if its 20? If not I'll check after work and I'll update.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That's news to me. I checked last night and it was at 16 but I didnt check right before I left. If its 20 we can do either, I'd say its up to the squad. Can anyone clarify if its 20? If not I'll check after work and I'll update.[/QUOTE]
I think he misunderstood your previous post when you said:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']EDIT: We are officially at 20 since dooddude joined. I just forgot to update with Rx Man 911.
SQUAD IS OFFICIALLY FULL[/quote]

I did too for a minute this morning.

[quote name='Santurio']I think he misunderstood your previous post when you said:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']EDIT: We are officially at 20 since dooddude joined. I just forgot to update with Rx Man 911.
SQUAD IS OFFICIALLY FULL[/QUOTE]

I did too for a minute this morning.[/quote]

Oh...good call. Sorry for the confusion, meant 20 members not 20 picks.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh...good call. Sorry for the confusion, meant 20 members not 20 picks.[/QUOTE]

Doh! That's what I get for surfing the boards before my morning coffee...thanks for clearing that up.

I'll check later to see if my two-week stint with Sal Kar (netted me a nice medal for doing nothing but Free Battles and Individual Snooze-Fests) is done so I can switch to Tarakia. I got a new router and can actually get my NAT to say "Open" now, so hopefully I'll be able to find the squad and join up.

If not, I may just sell the game back. I've got too many other things to play to have to bother with tracking down a random Squad to join and all the administrative tasks that go along with that... I had enough of that trying to help my Guild get organized in GuildWars...

...that and the RS3:BA debacle... like the elephant I never forget..

[quote name='WildWop']...that and the RS3:BA debacle... like the elephant I never forget..[/QUOTE]
Wow, that takes me back a couple years... :oldman:

[quote name='WildWop']Unless you're playing a bunch of online at the same time as SP, I don't see a benefit in building your own mech vs borrowing one for the missions. What they give you is usually enough to get an S Rank (or at least an A).[/quote]
Actually I'm determined to get S rank on all missions before going online. So far I was able to do it on the inital training, and solider missions 1-3. I hope it doesn't get too much harder.

Just beat missions 4 and 5 on S class. This is easier than I thought it'd be....but I'm sure when I do the other classes, it'll be much harder. Damn.

Alright! Got class S on missions 6 and 7, 6 was kind of hard because I took some tiem to figure out how to destroy the base in time, but then I realized, why wait for the little bomb things to reload, I can attack with everything over and over....Level 7 was easy, beat it with Class S first try, and just beat the first mission for the sniper RT with class S.

Hey, what d oyou get for finishing eveything in Class S? Besides the extra parts and the achievement of course, nothing right?

Btw, can achievement points be used for anything? I haven't gone on xbl yet, but I'm assuming it's just to prove to yourself you can do it, and to impress certain people.

[quote name='Santurio']*****RollCall*****

Santurio - Ramo Z
Maximo1324
toper - Toper331
LinkinPrime
Swift900 - swift fix
flybrione - BigMes
Ultimate Matt X
Crowbb - Crowbb Live
Brak - Brax0r
samuraiwahoo - Mr. Wahoo
???? - Kingyellow64

Warlock TCK - Warlock TCK
RX Man - Rx Man 911
???? - IGNIGKNOKT
darkrage - DrStarkweather
???? - Andyeseous
???? - GB Man
???? - CiLLkuPID
CheapyD
dooddude - anonymous

This is the current squad list. I would like to know the status or activity level of some of the members. The highlighted names are the active members I have either read are active or I have seen and played with online. The others may be active but I just haven't seen them so I would like to know if they are still taking part in the squad.[/QUOTE]

Im here and ready to play.

[quote name='CheapyD']I made private today...kindly add me to the lottery thingy.[/quote]

Congrats. That was fast, you must be an addict :D

Updated OP. Your lottery should be sometime this weekend. I'll be updating within the next couple days.

bread's done
Back