Class of Heroes 2 PSP Physical Signup *2,500 Reached!"

[quote name='Drclaw411']Has it been determined when the voting/preorders begin?[/QUOTE]

Preorders begin this coming Monday. The voting for one of three cover art choices was supposed to be today but I haven't seen a peep out of Vic so I'm guessing the voting will happen by Monday at the very most.

UPDATE: Vic responded over at the GAF thread stating he's doing some last minute changes to each of the covers. Tomorrow is when it'll most likely to start the voting.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Just a little touch of home. Was going to offer three. We'll probably end up putting 5 to a vote. WD, indeed."

might be why we didn't get to vote today.

[quote name='therealdeal19']Is this in some way bothering you? You couldn't simply just ignore this topic and move on with your life. Seriously, loosen the fuck up.[/QUOTE]

Not bothered at all, just my point of view. I have been a CAG member for years and this type of stuff never made it to the deals in the past. In the last couple of years, CEs, in stock items and now sign ups and news about releases (especially compilations like Bioshock) are "deals". That is why I said this is the new CAG.

You need to loosen the fuck up with people who have a different opinion than yours.

[quote name='buffbov']If you don't think that being able to purchase one of the most rare UMD's ever for $35 with an additional digital download code is a deal, then I have no words for you. This game will most likely not show up on Amazon or Gamestop, but I'd be willing to bet it'll show up on ebay for far more than $35. Seems like a deal to me... That's alright though, you should sit this one out. :roll:[/QUOTE]

This could easily be in the PSP / Vita section where it could be discussed in detail. Hypothetical about "what if" deals are not really deals.

While i appreciate it when special things like this bleed into the deal section so that they get more exposure, i wouldnt argue against retiring it into the psp/ vita thread. The inevitable "what cover do you think is best" discussion really has no place here. The physical game got supported. Mission accomplished. Now put the thread where it belongs.

[quote name='kraftwerks']While i appreciate it when special things like this bleed into the deal section so that they get more exposure, i wouldnt argue against retiring it into the psp/ vita thread. The inevitable "what cover do you think is best" discussion really has no place here. The physical game got supported. Mission accomplished. Now put the thread where it belongs.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But does the inevitable preorder link belong here?

Yes, but I dont think sales will be limited to only those who said they would want a copy. That was just a litmus test to see if interest was high enough to even bother with trying to do a physical release.

As an extra special thank-you, supporters of our Deluxe edition Kickstarter that did not fund will get a special UMD label art that's different from the general run.

You know what, I don't want to be, but as a collector I'm bothered. I'm bothered that I'll get a "less special edition" because I didn't support the failed Kickstarter edition the first time around. If I knew that in the first place, I would've never even bothered signing on to show support on this one. I know it's not the intent, but this recent development makes me feel s*** on, so I've changed my mind, I'm not buying one...guess there'll be one extra one floating around for someone who missed out signing up for one.

[quote name='sykotek']You know what, I don't want to be, but as a collector I'm bothered. I'm bothered that I'll get a "less special edition" because I didn't support the failed Kickstarter edition the first time around. If I knew that in the first place, I would've never even bothered signing on to show support on this one. I know it's not the intent, but this recent development makes me feel s*** on, so I've changed my mind, I'm not buying one...guess there'll be one extra one floating around for someone who missed out signing up for one.[/QUOTE]

FjM8LxP.jpg

Seriously, you're going to complain because people who originally backed the project on Kickstarter are going to get a "thank you" for their support? Grow the fuck up.

@SynGamer: No, I get it. It's a thank you to the "true fans" ..., but from my perspective though, I'm just not interested in spending the same exact amount of my hard earned money in order to get what I feel is an inferior version to somebody else, so ...I'm out. Also, I feel justified in voicing my complaint as I'll probably end up having to go to eBay and paying more in order to get one of those special editions instead. I'm certain there'll be someone else out there who missed out and wouldn't mind the regular UMD edition, so no harm done in the end...except to my wallet.

If someone who supported the KS could order me a Kickstarter edition so I can sell it for a high profit to sykotek I'd appreciate it.

It took a while but voting has officially gone live over at Gaijinworks' website.

Choose from six different art covers for the physical release. Also, it looks like the digital release of CoH2 will come first before the physical copies reaching each customer interested.

I chose C. I like the picture of the three classes in particular behind the CoH2 logo. Currently though, choice D is in the lead with 35%

[quote name='worrybomb']I chose C. I like the picture of the three classes in particular behind the CoH2 logo. Currently though, choice D is in the lead with 35%[/QUOTE]

I chose A, and I'm highly surprised by how poorly it's doing...only 6%:cry: It's all good though, I'll be happy to have this game no matter which of the 6 covers is on it.

Is it bad that I have no interest in this game and will not be buying it, but voted anyway? :lol: I did vote for D though, which had the most votes by far at the time.

[quote name='worrybomb']It took a while but voting has officially gone live over at Gaijinworks' website.
Choose from six different art covers for the physical release. Also, it looks like the digital release of CoH2 will come first before the physical copies reaching each customer interested.
I chose C. I like the picture of the three classes in particular behind the CoH2 logo. Currently though, choice D is in the lead with 35%[/QUOTE]

[quote name='buffbov']I chose A, and I'm highly surprised by how poorly it's doing...only 6%:cry: It's all good though, I'll be happy to have this game no matter which of the 6 covers is on it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MrBonk']A and D are the most appealing to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah well, 'A' and 'D' have the SAME TOP HALF, but 'D' has one more character on the bottom half, and that's what seem to be making the difference at this time. Image 'C' the current runner up, also has 1 less character than 'D'.

What I like about all the characters in general is that they seem to offer plenty of customization and detail. Hopefully, the overall gameplay will be enjoyable rather than overtly-complex/frustrating. That's what really makes or breaks these "Wizardry-type" RPGs.

Voted for C, which is surprisingly winning right now.

Not a fan of D just because the main focus looks like a Link clone.

Also, I think the front character wearing mostly green, with a mostly green lower background looks horrid. So that rules out A, B, and D for me immediately.

Gaijinworks has apparently rebooted the voting for the cover art of CoH2. For the final round of voting, Vic has whittled it down to a choice of 4 covers: 2 covers which were the most popular choices from the last voting round, 1 cover that is a mix variation of previous cover choices C and D, and by popular request, cover art that was used for the Japanese release of CoH2.

The top two choices will be used: one for the regular edition and the other for Kickstarter backers who supported the failed-CoH2 kickstarter.

You can vote at Gaijinworks' website.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I voted for B...which is the least popular :([/QUOTE]

Ditto. Now, does anyone know if the physical package will have the digital code inside, or will I receive that separately?

[quote name='SynGamer']Ditto. Now, does anyone know if the physical package will have the digital code inside, or will I receive that separately?[/QUOTE]

Digital comes out first, so I'm sure we'll get that in email way before they ship physical out.

Though this on their page makes it sound like the game will be "out" digitally, and we the loyal customers will have to wait longer to play it. Hrm.
Class of Heroes 2 Physical Ordering update

Working through the logistics of launching a physical and a digital release of the game, it's become clear that we won't be able to launch both day and date together. The $24.99 digital version will be ready before the $34.99 physical+digital code version. We're working on the timeline and won't be opening the actual presale until we can give you a reasonable estimation of the physical ship date. We'll keep you posted as we work through this. In the meantime - cast your vote for the box art you prefer, and if you haven't checked out the sample game sequences below, click them, too!

I guess Vic was just blowing smoke/"trolling" all along. How the hell does this guy continue to have a job in anything video games related. Probably never planned to do a damn thing in the first place.

[quote name='TerraBemani']I guess Vic was just blowing smoke/"trolling" all along. How the hell does this guy continue to have a job in anything video games related. Probably never planned to do a damn thing in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Patience my friend. Good things come to those who wait. Vic has put out amazing things in the past and nearly 100% of them were delayed. I have no doubt that the game is coming.

To help pass the time COH1 is currently on sale on the PSN store for $7.49.

[quote name='TerraBemani']I guess Vic was just blowing smoke/"trolling" all along. How the hell does this guy continue to have a job in anything video games related. Probably never planned to do a damn thing in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Wow....ye of limited patience.

Follow these for updates....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511571&page=18

vireland:
You and me both. But we're doing something new and that means working out issues, so it's taking longer than expected.

But just follow @gaijin4life and you'll know as soon as something changes without having to obsessively check the same page(s) for a change. I'll tweet it out.

[quote name='buffbov']Patience my friend. Good things come to those who wait. Vic has put out amazing things in the past and nearly 100% of them were delayed. I have no doubt that the game is coming.

To help pass the time COH1 is currently on sale on the PSN store for $7.49.[/QUOTE]

Ditto on the patience, and also I wouldn't recommend to him to play CoH 1, Vic mentioned it is a painful slog and not a good starting point unless you like inflicting pain upon yourself.

Well if Vic didn't have a bad rep a really bad rep with this stuff I wouldn't mind the wait as much. But knowing his past with Working Designs, and him probably being a huge reason they went out of business, I don't trust him that much. I don't think that will ever change too. It's why he's not been doing anything big since.

Plus he hoarded a LOT of sealed WD games from what the sega cd/etc and sold them off of ebay too. Remember that?

[quote name='TerraBemani']Well if Vic didn't have a bad rep a really bad rep with this stuff I wouldn't mind the wait as much. But knowing his past with Working Designs, and him probably being a huge reason they went out of business, I don't trust him that much. I don't think that will ever change too. It's why he's not been doing anything big since.

Plus he hoarded a LOT of sealed WD games from what the sega cd/etc and sold them off of ebay too. Remember that?[/QUOTE]

Oh jeeze. He hasn't even taken anyone's money yet.

He sold things from his personal collection.
On GAF I've seen him give away a lot of things too, including classic WD games.

Stuff takes time. And a lot of times you run into unforseen complications.

I really really do not give a fuck about delays. As long as we get it.

I'd rather have it done right than rushed.

At least you don't have Sony or Sega cockblocking them like they did in the 90's.

[quote name='buffbov']Big news yesterday... COH2 has passed Sony Q/A and will be Vita compatible. Digital release is either 3/19 or 3/26. Physical release is still not known, but the final two box arts have been selected.

https://twitter.com/gaijin4life[/QUOTE]

There's no poll, but I'd vote for the first one. Just hoping I can actually get an order in when they go live.

EDIT: link to site since I always have to scroll: http://www.gaijinworks.com/

[quote name='dallow']Well obviously his collection will come from running WD for nearly two decades.

As for giving away things, I found this example.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40654220&postcount=256
There's plenty similar random posts where he does something nice like that but digging through years of posts is a bit much.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I don't think he's a jerk, (I do have issues with his tinkering with Silhouette Mirage, which is what ruined their relationship with Treasure after that point) but he does alright with fans (he did get the Blaster Master remake out on WiiWare...what was Sunsoft thinking not putting it on PSN/XBLA...:roll: but I digress)

I still have most of my WD games, (sold Lunar 1 & 2, two years ago, not overly bugged, as they are good, they weren't great by any stretch and Lunar 2 is so cliche...) So I have faith he'll pull this off, and I'd like to see other series other than CoH be localized by Gaijinworks, not gonna lie, no other reason for me to support it other than that.

I'll be patiently waiting for my email, hopefully in the next week or two...I hope. ;)

[quote name='SynGamer']There's no poll, but I'd vote for the first one. Just hoping I can actually get an order in when they go live.
[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't you be able to as long as you signed up for the pre-order campaign. They are being made to order, so it's not like they are going to sell out. ;)

[quote name='uncle5555']Why wouldn't you be able to as long as you signed up for the pre-order campaign. They are being made to order, so it's not like they are going to sell out. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's assuming there is a quantity limit. I fully expect resellers to be all over this. :whistle2:|

[quote name='SynGamer']That's assuming there is a quantity limit. I fully expect resellers to be all over this. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

Again, I'm not understanding this logic. Vic isn't going to care if people buy 500 copies, or 2 copies. I'm sure there will be people that'll buy some to resell. But I don't see anything pointing to limiting how much you can buy, it'd probably make him extremely happy, though.

[quote name='uncle5555']Again, I'm not understanding this logic. Vic isn't going to care if people buy 500 copies, or 2 copies. I'm sure there will be people that'll buy some to resell. But I don't see anything pointing to limiting how much you can buy, it'd probably make him extremely happy, though.[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that Vic and the gang were going to have a LIMITED production run for the physical edition, right? So let's just say that 2,700 people signed up with the intentions of buying a copy. Even if they print 2,700 copies, resellers can completely screw others over. Heck, they could print 3,000 copies and resellers could still possibly take a copy away from someone who wants one.

That's all I'm pointing out/asking.

bread's done
Back