Class of Heroes 2 PSP Physical Signup *2,500 Reached!"

[quote name='erehwon']I signed up, but almost missed it since my spam filter got the email.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for sharing this. I have updated the OP to hopefully make people aware of this potential.

[quote name='erehwon']Do I need to play the first to enjoy this game? Or, is this one of those games you can jump into the sequel and not lose much from not playing the first.[/QUOTE]

Vic has said that the story will have some tie-ins to the original story, but to what extent I am not sure. If you feel you would be missing out on inside references you may want to play through the first game before starting 2.

Vic just posted "under 10 sign-ups left" !!!!!!!! We're gonna make it! Make sure you have your 'Amazon Payments' accounts set-up folks.

[quote name='buffbov']Vic just posted "under 10 sign-ups left" !!!!!!!! We're gonna make it! Make sure you have your 'Amazon Payments' accounts set-up folks.[/QUOTE]

I'm so excited for when this thread turns into an argument over if this game will be rare.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I'm so excited for when this thread turns into an argument over if this game will be rare.[/QUOTE]

Though I don't think there is really much argument about that, I certainly agree with you. Good discussion ahead for sure.

Nothing will top the monumental "Will 25th anniversary Super Mario All Stars be rare" debate thread that got nuked only to return a month later.

Eh what the heck. First time I am hearing about this game and the story behind this program. Went ahead and signed up for a physical + digital (thats how it always should be!) just to support them!

[quote name='salty tbone']Nothing will top the monumental "Will 25th anniversary Super Mario All Stars be rare" debate thread that got nuked only to return a month later.[/QUOTE]

Rofl you're right, that was grand.

[quote name='salty tbone']Nothing will top the monumental "Will 25th anniversary Super Mario All Stars be rare" debate thread that got nuked only to return a month later.[/QUOTE]

What were people saying? I never saw this. Looks like its about $75 for a new copy on amazon right now.

[quote name='buffbov']Vic just posted "under 10 sign-ups left" !!!!!!!! We're gonna make it! Make sure you have your 'Amazon Payments' accounts set-up folks.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Ive been away from this topic for a little bit.

Why do we need Amazon Payments?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the first page :p

[quote name='Green Card200']What were people saying? I never saw this. Looks like its about $75 for a new copy on amazon right now.[/QUOTE]
It was 20+ pages of people saying
"It'll be rare, here's why"
"No it won't, here's why"
"Yes it will, here's why"
"No it won't, here's why"
"Yes"
"No"
"Yes"
"No"

But with a lot more panache.

[quote name='whoknows']I signed up for some reason.

Are they going to be expecting payments right when it hits 2500?[/QUOTE]

According to Vic, "This signup drive is simply to gauge interest. If (looking like WHEN now) we hit 2,500, we'll start the voting on the cover the fans want and within a few days convert to a presales situation for 7-10 days. Everyone on the mailing list will get an email informing them that the presales are open. At that point people that signed up (and anyone else who wants in) can buy a reservation voucher through Amazon payment processing that converts to a physical copy of the game with a digital download code included then the game ships. We will make as many of these as are purchased during this time (hopefully at least 2500 that we have signups for by then), which is the reason we're running it as a pre-sale where you're BUYING the voucher that will be converted into your copy at ship time. That way everyone on THAT list has already paid, everything's cleared, and there are no credit card issues or other shenanigans at ship time from fake users like "fart" and "butthole" that were on the signup list with large copy counts that we filtered out."

[quote name='outerfox']I don't think they put it in 2, since it wasn't a popular feature. And I think now that it was only bosses that leveled with you until 50 and not mobs. (FF8 had both mobs and bosses all the way to 100. ffffuuuuuu) I'm trying to remember what the first boss was, oh the stone guardian. Yeah that boss was a pain in general. I usually just had Hiro use Poe Sword and would let Gwyn heal.[/QUOTE]

I had trouble with the final boss, not the first boss.:lol:

People mentioned early in the thread that they were worried that they would have to link a bank account to an Amazon Payments account, but as long as you pay by credit card it does not appear that you need to do this. Here is a quote from the amazon paymanet FAQ"If you already have an Amazon.com account, an Amazon Payments Account has been automatically created for you, and will be activated when you make your first payment on any third-party Web site that accepts Amazon Payments. This account is linked to your Amazon.com account, and you are able to use the credit cards associated with your Amazon.com account right away. You can enhance your Amazon Payments Personal Account to make payments with your bank account or to receive payments from other Amazon Payments Account holders."

[quote name='theblizzman']People mentioned early in the thread that they were worried that they would have to link a bank account to an Amazon Payments account, but as long as you pay by credit card it does not appear that you need to do this. Here is a quote from the amazon paymanet FAQ"If you already have an Amazon.com account, an Amazon Payments Account has been automatically created for you, and will be activated when you make your first payment on any third-party Web site that accepts Amazon Payments. This account is linked to your Amazon.com account, and you are able to use the credit cards associated with your Amazon.com account right away. You can enhance your Amazon Payments Personal Account to make payments with your bank account or to receive payments from other Amazon Payments Account holders."[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right, but I've been an amazon member for years and went to login to Amazon Payments this morning and it ran me through the entire account set-up process. This did not include adding a bank account. You are given the option to tie a bank account to the AP account after you've created it. While what you say may be, and hopefully, is accurate, I still do not feel comfortable removing the info from the OP regarding setting up the AP account. However if we get several more posts saying that info is not necessary, I'll remove it.

I've used things through amazon payments no problem when you click to buy something and it links you to it all you have to do is login using your email and password you normally use on Amazon I have my credit card info saved through Amazon. That is how it works for me.

Thanks for the heads up about sorting out the Amazon Payments account early. I think the only info I didn't give were my fingerprints. They asked for just about everything else.

You definitely can make a purchase with Amazon Payments without a bank account. PayPal offers a similar feature where you can check out by simply entering your credit info for one time use.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Vic just confirmed they made it a few hours ago! So happy :)[/QUOTE]

Yay!! That is great news!! I signed up for 2 copies and have been checking this thread like a hawk ever since. So glad to hear it made it. :)

*insertitshappening.gif*

Congrats to everyone who supported and thanks to the mods here that kept this up for the past 7 days! =]
Still, people who didn't sign up should still go ahead and do it. The more people signing-up will mean the more copies Vic can manufacture, which will lead to everyone getting a copy for their library of games.

Just hope there's no El Hoardo problems like a certain other game recently. I would think they would cancel a massive order of like 100+. At least limit the number of copies each person could order. Vic said the preorder thing should be up by monday.

[quote name='TerraBemani']Just hope there's no El Hoardo problems like a certain other game recently. I would think they would cancel a massive order of like 100+. At least limit the number of copies each person could order. Vic said the preorder thing should be up by monday.[/QUOTE]

They'll make as many as are ordered. He's already said that. He isn't going to cancel orders, if they will pay why would he turn down money? If they get over 2500 orders they'll make over 2500, they just needed at least 2500.

Awesome news, I was getting a little concerned as it was cutting it pretty close there. Thanks to everyone who's been keeping us updated here, I can't believe I missed out on the original Kickstarter, glad I could do my part for this one.

[quote name='Bing147']They'll make as many as are ordered. He's already said that. He isn't going to cancel orders, if they will pay why would he turn down money? If they get over 2500 orders they'll make over 2500, they just needed at least 2500.[/QUOTE]

Yup. This is a case where we want there to be El Hoardo's.
Will only help make this more of a success.

I'm definitely getting at least 1 and I might get more to trade down the road. I feel like its a sure thing they will go up but I'm still a little apprehensive lol.

Pretty excited that this is happening. I was an original kickstarter backer that was pretty bummed when it didn't meet 500k. Anyone here know what Gaijin or Monkeypaw is doing to figure out who was a kickstarter backer?

[quote name='SynGamer']is this compatible with the PS Vita?[/QUOTE]

It will definitely be compatible with the Vita. I signed up a while ago but forgot exactly when well anyways just did my support and I'm excited. Physical + Digital is a goodie to me just put the physical away for safe keeping and use the digital for my Vita.

[quote name='dallow']Yup. This is a case where we want there to be El Hoardo's.
Will only help make this more of a success.[/QUOTE]

You rang? Either case, I'm still not going to get one. I want dungeon crawls for the Vita.

[quote name='Satchslashriani']Pretty excited that this is happening. I was an original kickstarter backer that was pretty bummed when it didn't meet 500k. Anyone here know what Gaijin or Monkeypaw is doing to figure out who was a kickstarter backer?[/QUOTE]

While it's not confirmed, I'm pretty sure Vic from Gaijinworks will send an update to all Kickstarter backers via e-mail. There will be 2 preorder links: one for KS supporters and the other for everyone else. I'm sure for the KS supporters, he'll match up the e-mail of the KS to the one placed on the order.

[quote name='whoknows']Now I kinda want to play the first one...seems like it got pretty poor reviews though. I hope this one fares better.[/QUOTE]

vic said the second one is better (i havent played the original im just jumping into 2) and i think there is a 3rd one that he would want to bring over that he is a fan of. from the gaf thread someone asks

"Any chance you can convince atlus to put Class Of Heroes 1 on sale on US PSN? Tie in with the release of the sequel :)"

"Mrm...not sure I want to recommend that action to all but the most completionist players. The story DOES tie back to the first game, but that first CoH is SO hard to get through, I can't really recommend it."

Well since CoH2 is pretty much a month away, at most, for a release and that this campaign got a lot of buzz for the past 7 days, it would be smart of Atlus to put out a stealth sale of CoH 1 around the same week as CoH 2's release onto the Playstation Store. Still, we'll see.

[quote name='jeatsee']vic said the second one is better (i havent played the original im just jumping into 2) and i think there is a 3rd one that he would want to bring over that he is a fan of. from the gaf thread someone asks

"Any chance you can convince atlus to put Class Of Heroes 1 on sale on US PSN? Tie in with the release of the sequel :)"

"Mrm...not sure I want to recommend that action to all but the most completionist players. The story DOES tie back to the first game, but that first CoH is SO hard to get through, I can't really recommend it."[/QUOTE]

CoH2 must be a pretty big improvement then if he likes it so much.

[quote name='oasisboy']Sign ups and news are deals now at CAG. This is the new CAG.[/QUOTE]

Is this in some way bothering you? You couldn't simply just ignore this topic and move on with your life. Seriously, loosen the fuck up.

[quote name='oasisboy']Sign ups and news are deals now at CAG. This is the new CAG.[/QUOTE]

If you don't think that being able to purchase one of the most rare UMD's ever for $35 with an additional digital download code is a deal, then I have no words for you. This game will most likely not show up on Amazon or Gamestop, but I'd be willing to bet it'll show up on ebay for far more than $35. Seems like a deal to me... That's alright though, you should sit this one out. :roll:

It doesn't matter where this is posted because most competent users browse CAG by "FORUMS" ----> "NEW POSTS" so if a thread is bumped I'm going to see it.

The Deals section is so friggin slow. You can literally go back a week after the 3rd or 4th page.

[quote name='worrybomb']*insertitshappening.gif*

Congrats to everyone who supported and thanks to the mods here that kept this up for the past 7 days! =]
Still, people who didn't sign up should still go ahead and do it. The more people signing-up will mean the more copies Vic can manufacture, which will lead to everyone getting a copy for their library of games.[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more! I'm glad some people believe that being able to purchase one of the rarest UMD's ever for a meager $35 is a deal. The fact that it's a good game and comes with an additional download code is just icing on the cake.

Very soon we should get the opportunity to vote on the cover art!

Out of curiosity, if someone was part of the Kickstarter, and they ordered two, would both of theirs be the special cover? If that's the case, would anyone be willing to hook me up (cost + shipping + a bit extra obviously)?

I wasn't part of the Kickstarter but I'd love to have a copy of the special Kickstarter cover as well. Hell, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested.

[quote name='Vinny']Out of curiosity, if someone was part of the Kickstarter, and they ordered two, would both of theirs be the special cover? If that's the case, would anyone be willing to hook me up (cost + shipping + a bit extra obviously)?

I wasn't part of the Kickstarter but I'd love to have a copy of the special Kickstarter cover as well. Hell, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested.[/QUOTE]

If it works that way I wouldn't mind.

[quote name='Vinny']Out of curiosity, if someone was part of the Kickstarter, and they ordered two, would both of theirs be the special cover? If that's the case, would anyone be willing to hook me up (cost + shipping + a bit extra obviously)?

I wasn't part of the Kickstarter but I'd love to have a copy of the special Kickstarter cover as well. Hell, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested.[/QUOTE]

I would also like one KS version. I'm just hoping one of the 882 backers of the KS project is indeed a CAG member.

[quote name='TheMightySlinky']How do you set up a Amazon Payments account?[/QUOTE]

^ Actually, this does concern me a little bit. If GaijinWorks is going to handle the sales themselves, why won't they accept payments from PayPal, or credit/debit cards directly for that matter (like any other merchant would)? Does Amazon Payments offer sellers some added benefit or something?

bread's done
Back