Class of Heroes 2 PSP Physical Signup *2,500 Reached!"

[quote name='Xombie007']And if/when it does, are you going to EXPLODE? :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

You know it. =]

However, it's still phase 1. As long as people uphold their preorders, I'll be truly happy once I hold that boxed copy in my hands. Anything to support people who want to bring games here that are stuck in Japan.

Come on guys! Just a few more of you whoa re on the fence need to get on board. Buy it for ebay flipping six months from now as collector's pay absurd prices for it.

I signed up... but all I got was an email with a subject that says "Subscribe to mailing list" from Gaijinworks.com and there's a link in there that I can click "To subscribe to the groups "Specials & Promotions" visit the link:".

Is that the right email/link?

LOL... you know there is probably at least one person ordering tens if not hundreds of these for resale purposes. Like the people behind the PlayCanada ebay account who managed to get a hold of several hundred copies of Ni No Kuni - WE. Watch, soon after the physical copies are released, GaijinWorks/MonkeyPaws will have to release their own official press statement saying that they are in no way involved with such and such reseller to see these games sell at a premium price.

Well, if you have the investment capital and ambition, as well as the energy and business acumen to turn a quick profit... go for it, I supose.

EDIT: Just wanted to note that outunderstars already beat me in expressing this very sentiment. ;)

I just want a disk copy so sony can't take that away at a later date. That's what I really worry about in terms of some downloadable games. Just how long will they work? What happens if say I have to get a new ps3 or something? Or if something
else happens? And yes I want my games legit too.

[quote name='TerraBemani']I just want a disk copy so sony can't take that away at a later date. That's what I really worry about in terms of some downloadable games. Just how long will they work? What happens if say I have to get a new ps3 or something? Or if something
else happens? And yes I want my games legit too.[/QUOTE]

Tied to your account.

[quote name='TerraBemani']I just want a disk copy so sony can't take that away at a later date. That's what I really worry about in terms of some downloadable games. Just how long will they work? What happens if say I have to get a new ps3 or something? Or if something
else happens? And yes I want my games legit too.[/QUOTE]

Hey if you want to sell your digital copy let me know. I was thinking about getting it but I have no need for the extra and physical copy.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Hey if you want to sell your digital copy let me know. I was thinking about getting it but I have no need for the extra and physical copy.[/QUOTE]
I bet a lot of people are just going to use the digital code for themselves and keep the games sealed if the code is sent out through email. That is what i'm doing at least. You could always just resell the physical copy for more than you originally paid for i'm sure and it would help not only support this small niche loving company but to help bring other niche physical media stateside.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I just made an amazon payments account just in case this goes live. This would be a great swan song for the PSP.[/QUOTE]

Well the good thing about this going off without a hitch plus if digital sales of CoH2 are decent enough, odds are Gaijinworks willing to try this again with another PSP game would look pretty good.

After lagging on this, I finally submitted...
I hope this trend continues and we get more localization efforts as a result.

[quote name='LawLessChaoz']Is this gonna be Vita-compatible? The site doesn't mention it.[/QUOTE]

Vic hopes it will be. It's really up to Sony to make sure during its Q/A of the game that it will be Vita compatible and that it'll show up on the PSN store. He's aware of this so you should not worry.

[quote name='TerraBemani']MakeLunar3damnyou!!!!![/QUOTE]

I'd love for Game Arts to do a Lunar 2 PSP. I think it sucks Lunar 1 had remakes on the Saturn, PS1, GBA, PC (wasn't really released over here cause it was too buggy) and PSP. Lunar 2 only saw Saturn and PS1 remakes. :(

Just has long as we don't get the sad sack of crap Dragon Song was, I'm good with a 3rd Lunar. I seem to recall there actually being a 3 in development, but was scrapped before early in production.

[quote name='MrBonk']I wish Lunar for the PSP wasn't so when you change screens the music fades back in and out. So annoying.[/QUOTE]

The music fading in an out is what made me stop playing after about 10 minutes. It's a shame, I love me some Lunar!

[quote name='grungygamer']The music fading in an out is what made me stop playing after about 10 minutes. It's a shame, I love me some Lunar![/QUOTE]

Yeah the music fading in and out when transitioning, bland new scenarios, mediocre songs, and the new unique spells each character had to make the game more easier didn't do much for me, although I did finish the game. I'm glad XSEED brought it over for people that never played Lunar Silver Star before but the game just ends up making me appreciate WD's version of Lunar 1 all the more.

Vic has said that he actually saw the Lunar 3 design doc, and probably still has a copy somewhere, but that it wasn't very good.

Maybe Nall and Ruby could have been the central characters in their human forms :p

[quote name='worrybomb']Yeah the music fading in and out when transitioning, bland new scenarios, mediocre songs, and the new unique spells each character had to make the game more easier didn't do much for me, although I did finish the game. I'm glad XSEED brought it over for people that never played Lunar Silver Star before but the game just ends up making me appreciate WD's version of Lunar 1 all the more.[/QUOTE]
Apart from a few production choices. I love the music. Iwadare did a great job with it. (And I don't mind the new lyrics or whatever either to the lyrical stuf)

Ugh if it just wasn't for the god damned fading in and out. Playing it off the memory stick makes it easier i'm sure. But no less annoying.

There isn't like a hard mode or anything is there? I'm usually not one for increasing difficulty, but in some cases like Final Fantasy I PSP I wish there was a hard or super hard mode. Because Story really isn't the focus and the game becomes too easy without the option for manual targetting and being able to save anywhere so it hurts the experience for me personally. As much as I love the game.

[quote name='MrBonk']
There isn't like a hard mode or anything is there? I'm usually not one for increasing difficulty, but in some cases like Final Fantasy I PSP I wish there was a hard or super hard mode. Because Story really isn't the focus and the game becomes too easy without the option for manual targetting and being able to save anywhere so it hurts the experience for me personally. As much as I love the game.[/QUOTE]

An RPG where the combat is purely turn-based probably shouldn't have a "hard/harder" difficulty mode. Becasue for most players, the solution would simply be to just grind more and level up your characters, equip them with better gear, etc. to get past certain parts of the game because that's what the battles (especially boss battles) require.

Also, yes, the ability to save anywhere in FF1 (PSP) does make the game easier, but really only by making it slightly less of a nuisance from the original NES version. By the way, the GBA version which was released in 2005 (as part of FF I & II - Dawn of Souls), prior to the PSP version, also had the save anywhere feature. It kind of came in handy when you had the extra dungeons to explore after you beat the main game. Ah, the memories! :razz:

[quote name='Vinny']I signed up... but all I got was an email with a subject that says "Subscribe to mailing list" from Gaijinworks.com and there's a link in there that I can click "To subscribe to the groups "Specials & Promotions" visit the link:".

Is that the right email/link?[/QUOTE]

That is the correct link and if you have not clicked on it, please do so. Your support will not be counted until you click on that link. I am glad you asked for clarity. It frustrates me to think of how many folks may have signed up on the site and never clicked the link in their email. If the number is significant, we could have already made the magic 2500. Hopefully I'm wrong and everyone is checking/clicking their email.

[quote name='Xombie007']An RPG where the combat is purely turn-based probably shouldn't have a "hard/harder" difficulty mode. Becasue for most players, the solution would simply be to just grind more and level up your characters, equip them with better gear, etc. to get past certain parts of the game because that's what the battles (especially boss battles) require.

Also, yes, the ability to save anywhere in FF1 (PSP) does make the game easier, but really only by making it slightly less of a nuisance from the original NES version. By the way, the GBA version which was released in 2005 (as part of FF I & II - Dawn of Souls), prior to the PSP version, also had the save anywhere feature. It kind of came in handy when you had the extra dungeons to explore after you beat the main game. Ah, the memories! :razz:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I played and owned the GBA version too. (Actually i've played nearly every version of the game. And beaten the PS1/GBA/PSP versions)

But the PSP version when I played it was so easy I literally fell asleep a few times out of bordem. That happens incredibly rarely with me. Almost no game can bore me to falling asleep.

All i'm saying is that a game that doesn't really have a well focused story(Or much of any at all) like FFI should be challenging or at least offer the options for those whom want it. Manual targetting would've been enough for me to at least keep me from falling asleep during battles.

I signed up, but almost missed it since my spam filter got the email.

Do I need to play the first to enjoy this game? Or, is this one of those games you can jump into the sequel and not lose much from not playing the first.

So is it:
2500 copy print if they have this many people who want it.
OR
They need 2500 to cover the production costs of mass printing 1 million units (or some other number).

[quote name='MrBonk']Signed up for 3 more copies with the intent of flipping them to try and push the number to 2500.[/QUOTE]

LOL good luck flipping games on a dead system

[quote name='slidecage']LOL good luck flipping games on a dead system[/QUOTE]

Sega Saturn says HI!

Actually, every console prior to this generation says hello.

The last 3 posts sum up my feelings exactly.

But hey why we are at it, want to sell me a copy of Radiant Silvergun Sealed for under 50$?

No. ok!

[quote name='worrybomb']Officially crossed 2,400. 100 more in a span of 36 hours? I have faith this can be done.[/QUOTE]

I'm pledging to buy over 9000, we got this.

[quote name='worrybomb']Yeah the music fading in and out when transitioning, bland new scenarios, mediocre songs, and the new unique spells each character had to make the game more easier didn't do much for me, although I did finish the game. I'm glad XSEED brought it over for people that never played Lunar Silver Star before but the game just ends up making me appreciate WD's version of Lunar 1 all the more.[/QUOTE]

Well Lunar 2 for PS1 was tremendously easier than it was on Sega CD. Borgan would throw people into a controller-throwing fit on Sega CD (and he was 3x more difficult on the Mega CD. Vic actually had them LOWER his difficulty when they brought it over). Gravity bomb would fuck you up if you were not high enough (I was usually about level 40 when I got to him and he would still make me humble like Iron Sheik.) It was bittersweet for me. I loved the fact Borgan wasn't as hard, but also hated the fact that people who didn't play the original didn't get to experience the rage mode he had induced many times over.

I know you're talking about Lunar 1's difficulty but also remember that they implemented that feature with Lunar 1 on PS1 that when you leveled, so did the mobs and bosses. I think the level-sharing system capped at 50, but to give an example how it could become a giant pain: If you were level 12 and fought the Sea Slime boss on the boat, you wouldn't have much problems. If you were level 13, he would actually heal for more damage than your party could do to him each round.

I enjoyed the PSP version, but I just wish Lunar 2 would get some remake love too. But that's me going waaaay off topic. heh. I hope this sees the light of day. It would be the first PSP RPG I have bought since, I believe Final Fantasy IV a couple years ago.

[quote name='MrBoss']So is it:
OR
They need 2500 to cover the production costs of mass printing 1 million units (or some other number).[/QUOTE]

They'll probably print around 5000 copies, that'll all be sold on their site.

[quote name='outerfox']Well Lunar 2 for PS1 was tremendously easier than it was on Sega CD. Borgan would throw people into a controller-throwing fit on Sega CD (and he was 3x more difficult on the Mega CD. Vic actually had them LOWER his difficulty when they brought it over). Gravity bomb would fuck you up if you were not high enough (I was usually about level 40 when I got to him and he would still make me humble like Iron Sheik.) It was bittersweet for me. I loved the fact Borgan wasn't as hard, but also hated the fact that people who didn't play the original didn't get to experience the rage mode he had induced many times over.

I know you're talking about Lunar 1's difficulty but also remember that they implemented that feature with Lunar 1 on PS1 that when you leveled, so did the mobs and bosses. I think the level-sharing system capped at 50, but to give an example how it could become a giant pain: If you were level 12 and fought the Sea Slime boss on the boat, you wouldn't have much problems. If you were level 13, he would actually heal for more damage than your party could do to him each round.

I enjoyed the PSP version, but I just wish Lunar 2 would get some remake love too. But that's me going waaaay off topic. heh. I hope this sees the light of day. It would be the first PSP RPG I have bought since, I believe Final Fantasy IV a couple years ago.[/QUOTE]

Did Lunar 2 (PS1) also have the enemy leveling? I never knew Lunar SSSC had a enemy level system. I didn't have much issue with either game, except for the final boss in Lunar 2. I would always get to a certain point every time before he went Super Saiyan on me and wiped me out. I beat him after 10+ tries by sheer luck (I had one character survive with 3 HP and was able to deliver the final blow).

I don't think they put it in 2, since it wasn't a popular feature. And I think now that it was only bosses that leveled with you until 50 and not mobs. (FF8 had both mobs and bosses all the way to 100. ffffuuuuuu) I'm trying to remember what the first boss was, oh the stone guardian. Yeah that boss was a pain in general. I usually just had Hiro use Poe Sword and would let Gwyn heal.

I signed up as soon as I saw them put it up. I also signed up on the failed Kickstarter. Hope this comes out! Physical + Digital Code is how all games should be! Love it! :)

[quote name='MrBoss']So is it:
OR
They need 2500 to cover the production costs of mass printing 1 million units (or some other number).[/QUOTE]

From the page:

"If you're interested in the one-time preorder-only physical version, fill out the form below and hit submit (don't forget to verify your email address using the link you will be sent). THIS IS NOT THE ACTUAL PREORDER. It's just a way for us to see if we should proceed with the preorder program. Whether you want a digital or a physical release, you'll soon to be able to play Class of Heroes 2 for yourself!"

They're only making as many as people who order them. There might be a few left or they might make a few extra, but this is by no means a mass printing. There's no market for it and there are no stores that will carry it.

in the gaf thread vic said "The drive officially ends Thursday morning, but we should be at or over 2500 tomorrow. The presale links will go live Friday or Monday, and cover voting should start about the same time. Both will last about a week. Once the presale links are closed, that's the qty that will be made.

Everyone on the signup list will get an email with a link to the presale page once it's live."

I wonder how the ordering logistics will work with in terms of differentiating between the Kickstarter and non-Kickstarter folks. I assume there won't just be a radial option on the order form, so I wonder if they will match names, e-mail addresses, mailing addresses, or some combination thereof.

I want to get 3 or so of each, so I registered once with my Kickstarter e-mail and once with one of my other e-mails. Hopefully that does the trick.

bread's done
Back