Class of Heroes 2 PSP / Vita Presale Now Open!

buffbov

CAGiversary!
Many have argued whether or not this is a deal, and I don't know how anyone could argue that its not. To drive awareness after multiple delays, I felt this deserved a new thread.

$36.99 gets you, " a digital voucher that entitles you to a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2 that includes a case with the art shown on the left, a UMD with custom art, and a game manual AS WELL AS a North America PSN (only) digital download code that will allow the game to also be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Network (aka SEN)."

This will be an incredibly rare UMD, and the digital download code will be emailed to purchasers separately allowing them to keep the original sealed if they wish to do so. The digital copy will play on Vita as well as PSP. Enjoy :D

May 8th is the last day to place an order for a physical UMD.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/GW_presale_reg.htm

A lot of questions you may have about the game can most likely be answered at the official forums here: http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/forumdisplay.php?4-Gaijin-Outpost

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jack_Frost']Wait let me take a guess at this one

Cause it isnt selling as well as the 3DS?[/QUOTE]

No, because it isn't selling as well as anything, even the PSP was outselling it in some areas until a few months ago.

[quote name='Fabrizo']No, because it isn't selling as well as anything, even the PSP was outselling it in some areas until a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

4.7 million units sold last I checked, and the thing has been out for barely a year in the US. It's struggling for AAA games, but they are slowly coming, but 4.7 in just over a year sounds pretty solid to me, especially at $300. My Vita gets more action than my PS3 or 3DS, personally.

[quote name='opportunity777']What is the E-mail that kickstarter backers received? I can't find mine.[/QUOTE]
It's titled "Project Update #14: Class of Heroes 2 Deluxe for the PSP® system by MonkeyPaw / Gaijinworks"

[quote name='SynGamer']4.7 million units sold last I checked, and the thing has been out for barely a year in the US. It's struggling for AAA games, but they are slowly coming, but 4.7 in just over a year sounds pretty solid to me, especially at $300. My Vita gets more action than my PS3 or 3DS, personally.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I've played maybe 5-6 games on the PS3 over the last 4 years and have probably put a total of 8 hours into my 3DS over the last 2. My Vita is my go-to handheld. While I deeply regret buying a 3DS, I have no regrets with my Vita. Everyone I know that has one loves it. It seems that the majority of the people complaining about the Vita don't own one.

[quote name='Brash_Attack'] It seems that the majority of the people complaining about the Vita don't own one.[/QUOTE]

Oh I complain about Vita all the time... hardly any games that I want to play and I have 2 Vita, soon 3.

like it or not, it is a legitimate complaint many Vita owners have and should not be dismissed.

[quote name='Fabrizo']P4G is an enhanced remake with butchered character voices on a handheld no one owns, and the Solid Gold version had 10k units made iirc which is more then 5x as many copies as this game so far and more then 10x the number of KS copies sold.

People who backed the failed kickstarter are able to order a special version of the game that no one else can (I want one :( ).[/QUOTE]
butchered character voices? just wow

[quote name='wasabi5858']Oh I complain about Vita all the time... hardly any games that I want to play and I have 2 Vita, soon 3.

like it or not, it is a legitimate complaint many Vita owners have and should not be dismissed.[/QUOTE]
i dont know how you can think that. i have over 25 GOOD vita games. not sure what you people are even playing

[quote name='NiiNJA']would anyone here be willing to order me a kickstarter version? please PM if so![/QUOTE]

Me too

[quote name='Edzo04']butchered character voices? just wow[/QUOTE]

Yes, Chie was my favorite character in P4 and they absolutely butchered/mutilated/destroyed/eviscerated her voice. Her VO in P4G is a cosmic sea of inferiority.

[quote name='Fabrizo']Yes, Chie was my favorite character in P4 and they absolutely butchered/mutilated/destroyed/eviscerated her voice. Her VO in P4G is a cosmic sea of inferiority.[/QUOTE]
really? i always thought the new chie voice fit the personal better, her old voice made a huge impression, people generally sticked to their first impression. I personally thought the old one felt a little "old" maybe too mature for chie. I mean neither one of the capture the wild beast girl japanese audio, but you know its not a reason to hate p4g over it

love to place an order but would rather have the kickstarter one but i doubt your going to find many people willing to part with them at market price (what i dont blame them)

might order a normal one sunday if no ks

I got an email that says my order has been shipped, but all other info says that it will be released in 4-6 weeks. I also got the digital code already. I'm confused, but I hope that the game is actually on it's way.

EDIT: After actually reading the email, they are sending a voucher code not the game. I wanted to believe.

[quote name='ColdAssFashion']I got an email that says my order has been shipped, but all other info says that it will be released in 4-6 weeks. I also got the digital code already. I'm confused, but I hope that the game is actually on it's way.[/QUOTE]
There are 2 emails, one with a voucher code which simply means they acknowledged the amazon transaction. The code itself is useless unless you need a reference if your game/psn code doesnt work. The other email states that the voucher you received has been shipped. The actual psn DLC and the game wont ship for another 4-8 weeks.

4-8 weeks. *sigh* Well, at least it's long enough that I'll forget about it and when it shows up in the mail I'll go "wait, wtf did I order from Amazon" or whoever's shipping them out, heh.

I wonder how many people will see the "Shipping confirmation" email and start to light up Vic's twitter and the forums acting like Bart Simpson wanting his Spy Camera.

It's too bad all the people wanting a kickstarter version now weren't there when the actual kickstarter campaign was going on.

[quote name='gpn']It's too bad all the people wanting a kickstarter version now weren't there when the actual kickstarter campaign was going on.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter, the KS pricing was not thought out enough, hence why it failed. You had to spend $59+ to actually get the game AND their goal was $500,000...ridiculous. Had they priced the KS at $25 for the digital copy, $37 for digital+physical, and then $60 for the deluxe (+digital?), THEN they may have had a chance at $100,000-200,000 for their goal.

[quote name='Thirdkoopa']How was the first Class of Heroes?

I'm tempted.[/QUOTE]

First COH wasn't all that great, however, this sequel is said to have changed or improved a number of features. According to Vic:

[quote name='vireland']Off the top of my head (might forget a few)...

1. Appraisal system is GONE.
2. Less level grinding
3. Party money is pooled instead of that crappy discrete money system
4. None of that confusing, annoying multi-random dungeon entrance stuff. Every labyrinth's entrances and exits stay the same.
5. Class is tied to races
6. Main story arc is more engaging
7. Graphics are a bit better
8. Indoor and outdoor labyrinths (1 is quite claustrophobic)
9. Alchemy instructor is much sexier

Basically, they took almost everything there was to hate about CoH1 (there was a lot) and removed or improved it. As a result, CoH2 is a much more enjoyable experience.

CoH2 gives you a bonus if you import your CoH1 save at the beginning, but I wouldn't recommend playing CoH1 if you haven't. It's just too abusive and might turn you off of CoH2 before you even start.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SMBScooby']So are they making just enough copies to fill order, fill orders and have extras or just a set amount?[/QUOTE]

I believe they NEED/WANT 2500 units minimum I believe in order to hit the pricing of $37 per copy (shipping included). I would personally suggest ordering a copy if you have any interest in this at all. They will still be buying 2500 copies min., but who knows if they will still be $37 shipped after the current sale ends. I know a few copies have already gone up on ebay.ca for $89...which is ridiculous considering people can still order the game right now.

[quote name='SynGamer']I believe they NEED/WANT 2500 units minimum I believe in order to hit the pricing of $37 per copy (shipping included). I would personally suggest ordering a copy if you have any interest in this at all. They will still be buying 2500 copies min., but who knows if they will still be $37 shipped after the current sale ends. I know a few copies have already gone up on ebay.ca for $89...which is ridiculous considering people can still order the game right now.[/QUOTE]

So this will eventually be an Ebay exclusive

[quote name='SMBScooby']So this will eventually be an Ebay exclusive[/QUOTE]

Who knows? I'm sure some people will want to buy it once it's sold out, but I would imagine the KickStarter version for backers will be able to command a higher premium...but we'll see. I personally plan on keeping mine, so it hasn't really crossed my mind.

However, if you're in this for a profit, then at least buy a copy or two now at $37 each and support the project. If they reach their goal of 2500 copies then it bodes well for future projects.

I bought 50, i'm gonna get rich off of the ebays YEE HAW :roll:

prediction: everyone who would want this knows about it and will order one and resellers get left out in the cold, unless they wait several years.

I have never used Amazon payments. If I already have an amazon account do I need to do anything special as I go though the process of the ordering this?

[quote name='theblizzman']I have never used Amazon payments. If I already have an amazon account do I need to do anything special as I go though the process of the ordering this?[/QUOTE]

It just brings up the cards you have on your normal amazon acct after you sign in.

[quote name='wasabi5858']Oh I complain about Vita all the time... hardly any games that I want to play and I have 2 Vita, soon 3.

like it or not, it is a legitimate complaint many Vita owners have and should not be dismissed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not the best system to buy fuckin' three of if you only ever play the absolute newest games possible. :lol:

i like PS1 and PSP and the ports to the system...I need a 64gb card.

phew, glad i saw my email for this. i forgot about it. Ordered one copy, seriously debating a 2nd. Only thing holding me back is the fact id be wasting a digital code. most psn stuff expires. You guys think a second copy is still worth it? Im a collector, but i really gotta stop buying extras of everything.

[quote name='Edzo04']i dont know how you can think that. i have over 25 GOOD vita games. not sure what you people are even playing[/QUOTE]

care to list em? Not being sarcastic, i got my vita around November and am just now using it. not sure what games to play. I own several. I was gonna make dragon fantasy the first, but im waiting on the patch

If anyone can get me a Kickstarter version, please PM me too. I want to buy one, but I'd rather have a Kickstarter one than a normal one. Thanks!

still looking for a kickstarter as well... seems you can buy as many as you want even the kickstarters (thought it was limit 1 but its not)

[quote name='degenerazn']Anybody want to sell me the digital copy?[/QUOTE]
If you're still interested, I can sell you a digital copy when it comes out. I'm ordering two copies of the game, so I'll have a spare digital copy.

[quote name='RainFall']How much is international ship?

Also, these guys don't actually want to move games.[/QUOTE]

Extra $5 for canada and $10 world wide. It is not like there is another way to get this game.

[quote name='62t']Extra $5 for canada and $10 world wide. It is not like there is another way to get this game.[/QUOTE]

Physical, no, but digital, yes. The game will be up on PSN later in the month (hopefully).

[quote name='Seraphinianus']I bought 50, i'm gonna get rich off of the ebays YEE HAW :roll:

prediction: everyone who would want this knows about it and will order one and resellers get left out in the cold, unless they wait several years.[/QUOTE]

Probably. There are plenty of really rare games, but if nobody wants them, they aren't worth jack.

[quote name='Vinny']Probably. There are plenty of really rare games, but if nobody wants them, they aren't worth jack.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I think this will be similar to something like the DJ Max collector's editions. The last one was limited to 1000 units and I think it hasn't gone crazy value wise because pretty much everyone that was going to buy one did.

[quote name='bojay1997']Yep. I think this will be similar to something like the DJ Max collector's editions. The last one was limited to 1000 units and I think it hasn't gone crazy value wise because pretty much everyone that was going to buy one did.[/QUOTE]

also the psp is mostly a dead system..how many people want a game for a dead system.

[quote name='slidecage']also the psp is mostly a dead system..how many people want a game for a dead system.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea whether this will be valuable (and frankly don't care since I happily ordered mine), but this statement blows my mind.

[quote name='slidecage']also the psp is mostly a dead system..how many people want a game for a dead system.[/QUOTE]

I think he was referring to the Vita game. The PSP one was released well after Fever came out on the PSN so it didn't make much sense to buy it twice.

Is class of heroes 1 worth buying to download it on the VITA ...

could swear when i was online weds i saw it for 9.99 but when you look it up on the PC it says 14.99

will check tomorrow..i think if i can download this to my vita for 10 i will (isntead of getting wild arms 2)

bread's done
Back