Class of Heroes 2 PSP / Vita Presale Now Open!

buffbov

CAGiversary!
Many have argued whether or not this is a deal, and I don't know how anyone could argue that its not. To drive awareness after multiple delays, I felt this deserved a new thread.

$36.99 gets you, " a digital voucher that entitles you to a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2 that includes a case with the art shown on the left, a UMD with custom art, and a game manual AS WELL AS a North America PSN (only) digital download code that will allow the game to also be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Network (aka SEN)."

This will be an incredibly rare UMD, and the digital download code will be emailed to purchasers separately allowing them to keep the original sealed if they wish to do so. The digital copy will play on Vita as well as PSP. Enjoy :D

May 8th is the last day to place an order for a physical UMD.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/GW_presale_reg.htm

A lot of questions you may have about the game can most likely be answered at the official forums here: http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/forumdisplay.php?4-Gaijin-Outpost

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']Is class of heroes 1 worth buying to download it on the VITA ...

could swear when i was online weds i saw it for 9.99 but when you look it up on the PC it says 14.99

will check tomorrow..i think if i can download this to my vita for 10 i will (isntead of getting wild arms 2)[/QUOTE]

No. Vic himself said it's not worth the frustration. I would personally wait for COH2 and get the improvements.

so what does it matter what Vic said? While he speaks the truth, he didn't developed it, he didn't published it. Of course he wants to funnel people to buy HIS game. Do some research yourself.

You all act like COH2 is a good game too... let's be real. my expectation is very low from all the reviews out. I am buying this for collection purpose, nothing more. With all the games coming out, this game has an uphill climb to get my limited game time.

COH over Wild Arms 2? no way. get wild arms 2.

[quote name='wasabi5858']so what does it matter what Vic said? While he speaks the truth, he didn't developed it, he didn't published it. Of course he wants to funnel people to buy HIS game. Do some research yourself.

You all act like COH2 is a good game too... let's be real. my expectation is very low from all the reviews out. I am buying this for collection purpose, nothing more. With all the games coming out, this game has an uphill climb to get my limited game time.

COH over Wild Arms 2? no way. get wild arms 2.[/QUOTE]

Wow, fuck off. I DID do some research, I played the actual game and it was frustrating has hell. I merely mentioned Vics comment because it mirrored my own. Not once have I said that COH2 is going to be a "good game", but having read reviews of the Japanese version, I feel it is safe to say it will be a far better experience than COH1 :)

[quote name='SynGamer']Wow, fuck off. I DID do some research, I played the actual game and it was frustrating has hell. I merely mentioned Vics comment because it mirrored my own. Not once have I said that COH2 is going to be a "good game", but having read reviews of the Japanese version, I feel it is safe to say it will be a far better experience than COH1 :)[/QUOTE]

why was COH 1 so bad... i had it on the PSP and dont remember having that hard of time playing it... why so much hate for it

[quote name='SynGamer']Wow, fuck off. I DID do some research, I played the actual game and it was frustrating has hell. I merely mentioned Vics comment because it mirrored my own. Not once have I said that COH2 is going to be a "good game", but having read reviews of the Japanese version, I feel it is safe to say it will be a far better experience than COH1 :)[/QUOTE]

why was COH 1 so bad... i have it on the PSP and dont remember having that hard of time playing it... why so much hate for it

[quote name='slidecage']why was COH 1 so bad... i had it on the PSP and dont remember having that hard of time playing it... why so much hate for it[/QUOTE]

I personally felt the game was unbalanced and was a tad bit too hard in the early hours. Overall, the game was just bland and there was WAY too much grinding. That's really all the game was, level-grinding.

[quote name='SynGamer']I personally felt the game was unbalanced and was a tad bit too hard in the early hours. Overall, the game was just bland and there was WAY too much grinding. That's really all the game was, level-grinding.[/QUOTE]

so if someone likes level grinding the game isnt that bad then

I think i will try to hook my router up tomorrow

if its is 9.99 (what i thought it was) might grab this to pair with part 2

if its 14.99 i pass

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']so if someone likes level grinding the game isnt that bad then[/QUOTE]

COH1 is a level-grinders' dream :p

[quote name='62t']Extra $5 for canada and $10 world wide. It is not like there is another way to get this game.[/QUOTE]
Worst thing about this is that you can only buy one copy per click, so you have to pay the $10 shipping twice if you want two copies (as I do). I'm just having my copies shipped to a friend who is going to forward them to me, the combined shipping will be a lot less than $20.

[quote name='SynGamer']I believe they NEED/WANT 2500 units minimum I believe in order to hit the pricing of $37 per copy (shipping included). I would personally suggest ordering a copy if you have any interest in this at all. They will still be buying 2500 copies min., but who knows if they will still be $37 shipped after the current sale ends. I know a few copies have already gone up on ebay.ca for $89...which is ridiculous considering people can still order the game right now.[/QUOTE]

Lol The unscrupulous ebay seller already got some suckers to buy it for $89. It doesn't even say it's the kickstarter version and it looks like it only includes the physical copy, so seller is keeping the digital versions for himself.

[quote name='bruceg']Lol The unscrupulous ebay seller already got some suckers to buy it for $89. It doesn't even say it's the kickstarter version and it looks like it only includes the physical copy, so seller is keeping the digital versions for himself.[/QUOTE]

We'll see what happens. The shipping date clearly said 4-8 weeks from now, and all ebay auctions must ship within 30 days...

My roommate has COH 1 and says it is the best "Wizardry-like" he's played. I actually like level grinding, so I don't see a problem unless the interface is bad.

I'm not really excited for the game, but since I can get a Kickstater version I went ahead and ordered. Hopefully this will one day lead to Valkyria Chronicles 3...

I don't even know what I'm going to do with the physical version. Take up shelf space?

[quote name='slidecage']so if someone likes level grinding the game isnt that bad then

I think i will try to hook my router up tomorrow

if its is 9.99 (what i thought it was) might grab this to pair with part 2

if its 14.99 i pass[/QUOTE]

crap i could of swear this was 9.99 its 14.99

too much just for a port...maybe if i dump off my umd i might but i pass

crap i keep missing sales missed the FF sales months back and missed Yggdra last month for 5 crap

[quote name='SynGamer']On pace to hit 2,500 by the 8th (Wednesday).[/QUOTE]

just some reason i just can pull the trigger on it....

my luck i buy it and only want it for the PSN and then PSN dumps the game down to 9.99 within a month LOL

[quote name='Talgrund']Anyone that was a Kickstarter willing to help me out with a copy?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if anyone's willing, I'd be interested in a Kickstarter version too.

[quote name='AionTelos']Did I miss something, what is the "Kickstarter version"?[/QUOTE]

You missed the kickstarter about a year ago. Anyone who pledged there gets a version with different cover and disc art.

With so many people wanting the exclusive kickstarter version, wouldn't it be funny if that turns out to be the more common one printed? Doubt it will happen, but just a thought based on the direction of this thread.

[quote name='salty tbone']With so many people wanting the exclusive kickstarter version, wouldn't it be funny if that turns out to be the more common one printed? Doubt it will happen, but just a thought based on the direction of this thread.[/QUOTE]

Like the non-gold Zelda game cartridges are the rare ones!

[quote name='salty tbone']With so many people wanting the exclusive kickstarter version, wouldn't it be funny if that turns out to be the more common one printed? Doubt it will happen, but just a thought based on the direction of this thread.[/QUOTE]

They already said the ratio of kickstar to regular is 2:8, so not really.

[quote name='sabanoo']You missed the kickstarter about a year ago. Anyone who pledged there gets a version with different cover and disc art.[/QUOTE]

Got it, Thanks :D

This company is like every other American company. They don't want to succeed. They want to do things at their own speed of business and hope it works out. Kinda glad their KS failed.

[quote name='RainFall']This company is like every other American company. They don't want to succeed. They want to do things at their own speed of business and hope it works out. Kinda glad their KS failed.[/QUOTE]

Erm... Working Designs was never known for its speed. Vic had always lived by "Delays are temporary, mediocrity is forever." I'm pretty sure he's using the same philosophy when it comes to Gaijinworks too. Besides, from everything I read, a good chunk of the fans actually wanted to wait until everything was solved with the copyright issues before the game was released.

I mean, if they released the game half-assed, then people would be complaining the game was released too soon, but if it's taking so long to release it to make sure everything is in as near pristine condition as it can be, people will whine that it's taking too long.

[quote name='RainFall']This company is like every other American company. They don't want to succeed. They want to do things at their own speed of business and hope it works out. Kinda glad their KS failed.[/QUOTE]

Selling niche Japanese games outside of Japan is hard. Add in all the work that goes in to bringing a game over and often it is not a good financial decision for a company. XSeed is very candid about this: http://kotaku.com/5971695/the-game-savers-how-a-tiny-company-gives-neglected-japanese-games-new-life-in-america

The only thing rushing does in the video game business is produce rushed shit. I'd rather have a better product, even if it takes many more months for it to come out. It's not like there aren't enough things to play in the mean time.

Judging by your name, you should be well used to things taking their time to release.

[quote name='62t']They already said the ratio of kickstar to regular is 2:8, so not really.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I would've guessed 1 kickstarter for every four regular. Guess I was a little off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62t
They already said the ratio of kickstar to regular is 2:8, so not really.

Thanks for the info. I would've guessed 1 kickstarter for every four regular. Guess I was a little off.

huh? You're kidding right?

[quote name='bob330i']huh? You're kidding right?[/QUOTE]

Oh crap. My bad. I meant to write 16 kickstarters for every 64 regular copies. Thanks!

[quote name='elessar123']You guys are fruitcakes.

Edit: For those less math inclined, all values given were 20% KS, 80% regular.[/QUOTE]

So 1/5 and 4/5, math isn't that hard guys, lol.

[quote name='atarifreak223']so 1/5 and 4/5, math isn't that hard guys, lol.[/quote]

me like math

math like me

me and math kissie kiss kiss

lol

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']So 1/5 and 4/5, math isn't that hard guys, lol.[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised how many people don't understand ratios.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Did they meet or pass the preorder goal yet?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. Vic just posted that they are at roughly 2050.

[quote name='elessar123']You'd be surprised how many people don't understand ratios.[/QUOTE]

Thought it was just me. Ratios are what we're talking about here, not percentages.

[quote name='bob330i']Thought it was just me. Ratios are what we're talking about here, not percentages.[/QUOTE]

1/5 = 20%

They're kind of interchangeable at will... ;}

[quote name='Zaku77']1/5 = 20%

They're kind of interchangeable at will... ;}[/QUOTE]

You mean I got 75% on the exam even tho I only answered 30/40 questions right. phewww, I PASSED!

[quote name='degenerazn']Anybody want to sell their digital copy? PM me[/QUOTE]

why dont you just wait and buy it when it goes on PSN cause people are going to want the 25+ for it anyways probally

This is sort of why im worried even with dealing with this company..

They go THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE LIMITED FOR 10 days and 10 days only... then when they dont meet that goal they go O we are going to extend it till the weekend and when 2500 is not still there they probally extend it again and again and again and just keep pushing the release date back and back and back and back and back..

remember folks they already have our cash so they can just sit on their hands and force everyone to wait for their magical number to appear

[quote name='Fabrizo']Sales are only at 2150 atm, so probably wont make the 2500 at this rate :([/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the way they handled this is what threw off a lot of people.

First they have a sign up campaign to see if there's 2500 people interested. Then they have an actual campaign for get 2500 pre-orders for a physical release.

But you're not buying a physical release straight up. You are "purchasing a digital voucher that entitles you to a physical copy."

And even more so, "We are ordering physical+digital product to match the number of digital vouchers sold, and for that reason, please understand that there are NO REFUNDS," basically says that if your physical copy gets damaged, you're fucked (even though the sender is responsible for the safe delivery of the item). The 4-8 weeks delivery time (and lets be honest, I doubt it be any faster than the full 8 weeks) gives them plenty of time to absolve themselves of any liability related to the physical release from Amazon Payments or your credit card company.

I'm curious though, have people already been charged? I bought mine over the weekend and there's nothing on my CC yet.

bread's done
Back