Club Bing thread 5 absolutely no macro bot auto typer cheating return fraud talk !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prizes Recently Removed:

CB_BBQSET_sm.png

- Premier BBQ Grill Set
Prize Updates brought to you by the ProBingBot...
Get your own AUTOMATIC notifications at The ProBing Blog.

[quote name='snives']I've got one laying around I'm having a hard time getting rid of, lol. No way am I ordering a second.[/QUOTE]
are they not selling on ebay?

I understand that you'd be paying taxes on $600 worth of stuff, but depending on your income that's a small fraction of what you make in a year. That's why I was saying depending on how much you actually want that shaver you can either buy it or get it free. Or sit on the tickets for a year, your choice. (playing on occasion to not let the tickets to go to waste naturally or building up more to get a nice prize early next year)

[quote name='SlammedNiss']are they not selling on ebay?[/QUOTE]
They are selling on ebay. I recently sold one for a little over $200 which makes it a great item if you are looking to resell it. Picking up another one.

Finally ordered up my Zune Car Pack. I'm so tired of playing just for playings sake. Unfortunately, I want to grab Modern Warfare, so there'll be a little more until I can go back to my usual couple hundred tickets a day for fun. Now waiting on the Zune car pack, BBQ grill set, and Fable II.

[quote name='DarkZion']Well if you're like me, you're currently unemployed. In which paying taxes on $600 is more than I technically make in a year.[/QUOTE]
That makes no sense at all... :roll:

You would add the value of the prizes (as indicated on the 1099 misc you get from Bing early the next year) to any other income you may have had in 2010, and then subtract the standard deduction. If you haven't made more than $5,700 total for the year (including the value of the Bing prizes), you won't have to pay any income taxes.

The point is that you would end up paying the taxes on ALL of the prizes ordered with that account, and not just the prize that put you over that limit. So, if the Bing prizes were your only taxable income (assuming you made exactly $5,700 from other employment), you would end up paying 10% of the value of the prizes, so roughly $60, or more depending on how many additional prizes you order past that W-9 mark. Considering you can easily sell one of the major prizes for at least double that, you would still come out ahead in the long run. Obviously, if you were otherwise wealthy, you could pay as much as 35% of the value of the prizes (i.e. you had more than $400,000 of taxable income), but in that case I doubt the extra $210 in taxes would be of any real concern anyway.

Basically, how the W-9 affects you will depend entirely on your tax situation. For some people it won't cost them a penny, but for others it could cost as much as $210, to get those $600 worth of prizes.

Also, keep in mind that the tax year is based on the calendar year, so you can order prizes with the remaining tickets on Jan 1st 2011. Just be sure to keep the account active or the tickets will get zero'd after 6 months. Simply logging in is not considered active, you will need to do something that affects the tickets, like playing a game, or donating 1 ticket to charity.

[quote name='Duckman5']The camcorder has more resale value though so I would get that.[/QUOTE]
Untrue. I have seen the camcorder go for less than $200 every time it was up on ebay but the reader goes for $200+. You are better off with the reader if you are looking to resell.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Untrue. I have seen the camcorder go for less than $200 every time it was up on ebay but the reader goes for $200+. You are better off with the reader if you are looking to resell.[/QUOTE]
Selling on amazon yields higher resale value. Go look at their listings. I always sell my stuff there.

Thanks for the answers, I was just wondering because I wanted to know how Bing calculated the prices. I realise they set the prices higher than what you'd pay for using amazon (for new items, of course), e.g. But oh well, I'm not paying for anything here so I'm happy. :D

I have no real intention of selling anything. The thing is, I wanted so badly the 360 and it disappeared 3 days before I could order it, so maybe I'll sell some of the big prizes to afford it. But I don't want to, I want to keep my prizes. Oww.

[quote name='Slappybob']Am I the only person who does this to get the items not to flip them?[/QUOTE]

I used to and there are still a few things I keep. I already own most of the games and have ordered all the controllers I can handle. If Mass Effect would have won, I would have got that. Nothing else interests me to keep. I'd rather read real books so the reader gets sold. Bing helps me buy stuff I would have put off like more games and right now the profits are going towards a new computer.

[quote name='cin84_12']I used to and there are still a few things I keep. I already own most of the games and have ordered all the controllers I can handle. If Mass Effect would have won, I would have got that. Nothing else interests me to keep. I'd rather read real books so the reader gets sold. Bing helps me buy stuff I would have put off like more games and right now the profits are going towards a new computer.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I do a little bit of both, sometimes I keep the item and sometimes I sell it. Right now I am saving up for the eReader so I can sell it, I'm only at like 27k though, so who knows if they'll take it down before I can get it.

The only things I haven't kept I've given to family members. Until something I'd like comes up, I'll just sit on my tickets and hope that they give us some variety.

[quote name='Slappybob']Am I the only person who does this to get the items not to flip them?[/QUOTE]
Out of the 6 orders placed in April, I only plan on reselling 1 of them. The only reason I ordered the e-reader for resell is because I have a few idle accounts that have been waiting for ANYTHING worthwhile, but Bing refuses to put anything up, IMO, thats worth keeping. The 5 other orders that I am keeping are 4 games and that massage pillow.

[quote name='Duckman5']Selling on amazon yields higher resale value. Go look at their listings. I always sell my stuff there.[/QUOTE]
I wish I could sell on amazon but I don't have checking account. It sucks that they require you to have one so I'm stuck with shitty eBay for now. The fees are getting way out of hand.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Out of the 6 orders placed in April, I only plan on reselling 1 of them. The only reason I ordered the e-reader for resell is because I have a few idle accounts that have been waiting for ANYTHING worthwhile, but Bing refuses to put anything up, IMO, thats worth keeping. The 5 other orders that I am keeping are 4 games and that massage pillow.[/QUOTE]

I thought we're only allowed one account

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I thought we're only allowed one account[/QUOTE]

I believe the previous comment was in reference to the other members of his/her family having accounts and letting him/her use the tickets as he/she sees fit. Like my family/neighbors/friends. :cool:

One account per person. I have one account. My girlfriend has an account. My mother has an account. And so on.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']I wish I could sell on amazon but I don't have checking account. It sucks that they require you to have one so I'm stuck with shitty eBay for now. The fees are getting way out of hand.[/QUOTE]
From what I undersdtand, the fees on amazon aren't much better. I've never sold there personally, so I can't speak from experience.

I personally have one account. However, being diagnosed with schizophrenia, each of my multiple personalities has an account as well. :bouncy:

I don't sell my stuff. All of it is for me since I do all the work. But, I also don't max out on a daily basis either. So, I don't get a lot of stuff, or at least I didn't until this year, which has seen me order five prizes.

Now, they need to add more Seekadoo puzzles because I maxed that out and Chicktionary is boring and Flexicon takes me longer than Seekadoo which I can complete in a minute or so.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']I personally have one account. However, being diagnosed with schizophrenia, each of my multiple personalities has an account as well. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Too bad one of your personalities isn't a psychologist. Otherwise, you might have been correctly diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder, and not schizophrenia. :)

/that guy

[quote name='louiedog']Too bad one of your personalities isn't a psychologist. Otherwise, you might have been correctly diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder, and not schizophrenia. :)

/that guy[/QUOTE]
I was only going with what the voices in my head told me.

oh okay I gotcha guys. I know a prize can be redeemed several times BUT it must be shipped to a different address. Now what if my family wanted another random prize, could it be shipped to the same address since we live together?

I've We've been slacking big time with club bing. maybe I'll we'll catch up with that and other freebie sites during the summer

Trying to decide between the camcorder and the eReader. Already have one reader to sell and just redeemed a camcorder, but I have two more accounts I want to redeem before I take a break for awhile.

[quote name='cin84_12']Trying to decide between the camcorder and the eReader. Already have one reader to sell and just redeemed a camcorder, but I have two more accounts I want to redeem before I take a break for awhile.[/QUOTE]
Club Bing tends to add new prizes the second week of the month (between the 10th and the 15th), so if you can hold out for a couple weeks you may have some new prizes to choose from.

Course, they may not add anything next month, and may have taken the camcorder/reader off by then, so depends on how much of a gambling man you are... :whistle2:#

I keep a lot of stuff for myself but for the past few years I've done most of my XMAS shopping via Bing, giving things that don't have the Bing logo stamped on it. I've given some really great gifts. I also keep a Bing "gift box" so if I need a decent gift in a pinch for a b-day, house warming party I'll bust out a candle, a spa gift, etc.

[quote name='cin84_12']Trying to decide between the camcorder and the eReader. Already have one reader to sell and just redeemed a camcorder, but I have two more accounts I want to redeem before I take a break for awhile.[/QUOTE]

I'm loving the camcorder :) I've never had one before (previously I just used my camera to record videos). Just filmed a friends graduation ceremony on a dvd and she played it on her tv at her house during her party. It's worth it if ya have extra accounts for sure.

[quote name='coolfelix']Hello everybody, I was wondering if anyone ordered a t-shirt from Bing (these ones or any other that's been up before). Are they cheap? I mean, I'd like to order one as a memento but I don't know if it's worth it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I ordered several of the t-shirts last year. The quality is decent, the logo was small enought not to be embarrassing. I ordered the men's t-shirts (use as night shirts).

The women's t-shirts ran really small when I ordered them (that was back when the Live Search Club logo was still in use more than a year ago) but if they're still organic cotton they don't shrink after washing.

I still have about a week before I should start receiving any shipping notifications. Maybe those items are just back ordered, but I could swear I thought I saw somebody that received a camera. I don't remember if it was here or another site though.

Maybe they're starting to lag with shipping? It's happened before, and I recall someone stating recently that only 25 prizes shipped one night or something. Yup, Killer9 did on the previous page.

I doubt Arvato is 'behind on shipping', at least not for capacity reasons... They were shipping over 1000 Bing packages a day about this time last year, with peaks over 2500. Yet the past week or so we have had a few double-digit days, and one business day with zero packages? And, the people that have been getting prizes, have had them ship within the normal 29-to-32 day window.

Also, there was a significant spike in prizes shipped on 4/22 when they shipped out an unusually high number of Signature Required packages weighing about 1.3 lbs. Based on the posts in several forums, I believe that roughly 200 of the back-ordered watches that were fulfilled that day.

[quote name='Killmatic10']Ordered my Sony digital camera on 3/16 and have yet to receive any shipment message or anything...Anybody know whats up?[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about the w330 camera, you may be flagged.

I ordered one on 3/18 and got it 4/22.

[quote name='eduong79']is there any chance that a ps3 will get on the prize list?[/QUOTE]

.00093% chance...

"...so you're saying there's a chance..."

[quote name='eduong79']is there any chance that a ps3 will get on the prize list?[/QUOTE]

Probably not though you could sell some prizes and get a PS3 like killer9 did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back