Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='KingBroly']Here's some info on 3DS Registration:

30 Coins for Game Registration
20 Coins for Post-Play Survey
160 Coins for System Registration

So...Thrice the Vision, Double the Coinage![/QUOTE]

160 for system registration is crap. It should be 250....

Coins usually equate to price. Lame!

Wii and DSi/XL registrations are both 160, so they're equal.

I wonder if the on-board stuff will give you coins or not.

I'm trying to find a picture of Europe's Professor Layton prize. The one for getting all three games registered. If anybody could post one for me that would be cool.

I also while browsing through Europre's Club Nintendo website found out that they also have the super nintendo controller :bomb:. I'm sure it's been there for some time. Sadly it still sucks that the American doesn't have it yet.

NIL_Professor_Layton_and_the_Lost_Future_deDE.jpg

[quote name='eau']^^^

£25 for a Professor Layton slip case?! What happens if the studio decides to make the 4th Layton game?[/QUOTE]

or 6th (excluding the AA cross over)

I checked the OP for the answer but didn't see it...

Can someone explain to me how to set up a family account in order to obtain platinum status multiple times and have separate point totals?

Can't be done. Under a family account, your points are changed and you'll only be eligible for a single year-end reward. If you want to hit platinum status multiple times, you'll have to create more than one account.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Can't be done. Under a family account, your points are changed and you'll only be eligible for a single year-end reward. If you want to hit platinum status multiple times, you'll have to create more than one account.

Do I have to use a different address for each account?

Is it true that certain coins are expiring this year? Like, for old games? I think some are, but I'm not sure. Could anyone clear this up? Thanks.

MAJOR CHANGE TO CLUB NINTENDO....

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=33901.0;topicseen

You now have seven days to complete a Product Registration Survey. Also, you only have 120 days to complete the Post Play survey.

How this may effect you: Any titles you register after the 25th will likely fall in this category (My 3DS did, but Nintendogs+Cats, registered at the same time, did not).

Now, you have to choose - do you want to register the game ASAP to get the Early Registration Bonus or do you wait until after the Club Nintendo year, if you've already hit platinum?

Whaaaaaat?!?! That completely sucks :bomb::bomb::bomb:

I hardly EVER get to a game within 120 days of buying it, and even if I did, they don't let you carry forward extra points to the next year, so I can't do them anyway :bomb::bomb::bomb:

What the hell are they thinking? Just trying to make sure their best customers don't get Platinum status?!?

So is the Product Registration expiration (7 days) for those games for which you did an Intend to Buy, or for games whose code you input but didn't complete the survey?

I guess they want people to spend points rather than bank them (and more accurately use the club as a marketing research tool by determining who is going to buy games when they come out, not 5 years down the road), ah well. This probably just means new stuff will be registered immediately and I'll have to milk my existing surveys for as long as I can over the next 5 years.

It should be noted that Post-Play surveys for 3DS games are worth 20 points to cover the additional cost.

[quote name='atarifreak223']got an unexpected package from club nintendo today. Came in a white box with a pink ribbon. Inside the box was wii party, a pink wii controller with motion plus (older model), 2 mii masks, and a $25 dominos giftcard. Pretty sweet!!! Thanks nintendo!

Edit: Found a link where others are saying the same thing! http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/25886[/quote]

wtf!?

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Got an unexpected package from Club Nintendo today. Came in a white box with a pink ribbon. Inside the box was Wii Party, a Pink Wii Controller with Motion Plus (Older model), 2 mii masks, and a $25 Dominos giftcard. Pretty sweet!!! Thanks Nintendo!

Edit: FOund a link where others are saying the same thing! http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/25886[/QUOTE]

WOW!!!!!!!!! Well first things first a big congrats to you Atari Freak!!!

I wonder how they determine if you are "worthy" :bow: of this surprise? Not to toot my own horn or anything (beep beep) but i reached platinum status both years club nintendo existed and I am well on my way this year (i will be getting a big boost in a couple days when i get my 3ds and pilotwings from amazon.com) I really really hope i get this, even if the pink wii mote is kinda femmy :pray: :)

People have said the threshold is some absurd amount of Coins spent. Like...4000 or something like that. Unfortunately for me, I have something like 1620 coins spent or something like that (Hanafuda Cards, Mario, Zelda poster sets, and the Bag).

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']WOW!!!!!!!!! Well first things first a big congrats to you Atari Freak!!!

I wonder how they determine if you are "worthy" :bow: of this surprise? Not to toot my own horn or anything (beep beep) but i reached platinum status both years club nintendo existed and I am well on my way this year (i will be getting a big boost in a couple days when i get my 3ds and pilotwings from amazon.com) I really really hope i get this, even if the pink wii mote is kinda femmy :pray: :)[/QUOTE]

I don't know what I did, lol. It was probably random. I got my 3DS from Amazon today and noticed a big brown package from NOA.... I was like what did I order from Nintendo? Inside the brown box was a white box with the pink ribbon, and inside that was all the stuff I mentioned. Pretty cool, even though the wii remote is pink, it still saves me 40-50 bucks to buy another one. Yay Nintendo!

[quote name='KingBroly']People have said the threshold is some absurd amount of Coins spent. Like...4000 or something like that. Unfortunately for me, I have something like 1620 coins spent or something like that (Hanafuda Cards, Mario, Zelda poster sets, and the Bag).[/QUOTE]

I haven't spent 4000, maybe like 2500-3000. But some of those were codes I traded for etc.

Just recounted and I've actually accumulated 2150 Coins, 100 being unspent. So I'm either close to a threshold or at one.

Wait, so I have a ton of surveys that expire in 2012-2015. Are those going to expire "Within 120 days" now? Or should I just hang onto those surveys till next year? (I'm already platinum this year)

[quote name='ExplodingRat']Wait, so I have a ton of surveys that expire in 2012-2015. Are those going to expire "Within 120 days" now? Or should I just hang onto those surveys till next year? (I'm already platinum this year)[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat - my understanding is that these won't expire. Sounds like the new date only applies to future registrations.

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']WOW!!!!!!!!! Well first things first a big congrats to you Atari Freak!!!

I wonder how they determine if you are "worthy" :bow: of this surprise? Not to toot my own horn or anything (beep beep) but i reached platinum status both years club nintendo existed and I am well on my way this year (i will be getting a big boost in a couple days when i get my 3ds and pilotwings from amazon.com) I really really hope i get this, even if the pink wii mote is kinda femmy :pray: :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, i got a package too. I'm so honored Nintendo. I'll probably leave mines closed.

1301431621.jpg

People getting these packages- did any of you get the signed thank you notes from Reggie when the program started? just curious...

as a side note, it'd be really awesome if i got one of these, since it's my anniversary and I had a mario themed wedding cake.

[quote name='dan13l858']Yeah, i got a package too. I'm so honored Nintendo. I'll probably leave mines closed.

1301431621.jpg
[/QUOTE]

sweet you got one too, congrats!

[quote name='nbballard']People getting these packages- did any of you get the signed thank you notes from Reggie when the program started? just curious...

as a side note, it'd be really awesome if i got one of these, since it's my anniversary and I had a mario themed wedding cake.[/QUOTE]

Signed Thank You Note? No... I never knew they gave those away, you have a pic, and did you get one? I signed up for Club Nintendo the day it was announced in the US!

[quote name='nbballard']I'll have to find it... it's on my desk somewhere.. lol[/QUOTE]

I remember getting one of these.

I hope this means there's a package en route at some point.

[quote name='KingBroly']Just recounted and I've actually accumulated 2150 Coins, 100 being unspent. So I'm either close to a threshold or at one.[/QUOTE]

I accumulated 2440 points so far for this year alone. Also, i only have maybe a handful of games i haven't registered on Club Nintendo yet.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Got an unexpected package from Club Nintendo today. Came in a white box with a pink ribbon. Inside the box was Wii Party, a Pink Wii Controller with Motion Plus (Older model), 2 mii masks, and a $25 Dominos giftcard. Pretty sweet!!! Thanks Nintendo!

Edit: FOund a link where others are saying the same thing! http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/25886[/QUOTE]

Holy hell, that's pretty awesome.

Have you had platinum status for the past three years? I dunno about the 2000+ threshold, but I hope it's just a platinum thing. I haven't really spent anything.

[quote name='KingBroly']People have said the threshold is some absurd amount of Coins spent. Like...4000 or something like that. Unfortunately for me, I have something like 1620 coins spent or something like that (Hanafuda Cards, Mario, Zelda poster sets, and the Bag).[/QUOTE]

If that's what it is then I'm not getting one of these. I've only ever gotten just enough coins to be platinum each year and I think all I've ever bought was one of the Game & Watch DS games (for what, 800 coins?).

I did just register my 3DS and that boosted me only to about a 770 coin balance. I guess that's about right - I got 600 points each of the last 2 years, around 360 this year, and spent 800 one time...

[quote name='io']If that's what it is then I'm not getting one of these. I've only ever gotten just enough coins to be platinum each year and I think all I've ever bought was one of the Game & Watch DS games (for what, 800 coins?).

I did just register my 3DS and that boosted me only to about a 770 coin balance. I guess that's about right - I got 600 points each of the last 2 years, around 360 this year, and spent 800 one time...[/QUOTE]

I am in pretty much the EXACT same boat you are. I reached platinum each year, but nothing over that, i made sure i did not go over and above that. And also like you i have not spent many coins at all, the only thing i spent my coins on in 2 years was 2 of those pouches they came out with recently. But come on to reach platinum each year for the life of the program should mean something to nintendo :)

Did those packages ship USPS? That seems to be nintendo's method of choice- and my mailman never leaves anything for me. EVER!

[quote name='io']If that's what it is then I'm not getting one of these. I've only ever gotten just enough coins to be platinum each year and I think all I've ever bought was one of the Game & Watch DS games (for what, 800 coins?).

I did just register my 3DS and that boosted me only to about a 770 coin balance. I guess that's about right - I got 600 points each of the last 2 years, around 360 this year, and spent 800 one time...[/QUOTE]
I'm with you on that- i do just enough survey's every year to get platinum and then put the rest of my codes in a filing cabinet. On top of that, I've got enough post play survey's to go platinum at least 1 more year.

Anyway- here is that picture I mentioned. They sent these out to people who were crazy about registering their goods pre-club nintendo.

photo2.jpg

[quote name='FallMoon']Is it true that certain coins are expiring this year? Like, for old games? I think some are, but I'm not sure. Could anyone clear this up? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Any coins earned before July 2009 will expire this year. All you need to do is count up your earned coins before July 2009 (look at my coins page) and subtract any coins you've spent. That will let you know how much you have to use before June 30th.

That package looks pretty sweet. Shame I've split up my coins to earn more rewards. Oh well.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Holy hell, that's pretty awesome.

Have you had platinum status for the past three years? I dunno about the 2000+ threshold, but I hope it's just a platinum thing. I haven't really spent anything.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten platinum every year so that might be it. And it was shipped UPS, so I'm assuming if you live on the east coast and they sent you one you'll get it this week or early next.

I've had a little over 3130 coins over the course of Club Nintendo, I'll check my university mailbox tomorrow and see if there's anything in there. I doubt it though, but it's worth a look. Pretty damn cool though!

I just ordered Game and Watch Ball and drained my entire account lol :p So that's four items I have bought from the store (G&W 1 + 2, Wii remote holder, G&W Ball) plus the Platinum items. Not bad for free shit lol

As for Platinum status, I'm never concerned about it. I buy enough Nintendo shit each year to never be concerned with it. I can understand that kind of tactic of withholding though, it makes sense.

Hm, West Coaster here. And I've only been plat last year and this. So yeah.. it's not looking good. ^^; least I don't actually want the contents of it. I kinda just want it for the swag appeal.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Hm, West Coaster here. And I've only been plat last year and this. So yeah.. it's not looking good. ^^; least I don't actually want the contents of it. I kinda just want it for the swag appeal.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't know if they sent them all out, I was just assuming. Could be like Nintendo platinum rewards, at least last year. I know my ex got her statue 2 days after me, and the year before we got them both on the same day. So I guess you'll find out in the next few days or week.

[quote name='nbballard']Did those packages ship USPS? That seems to be nintendo's method of choice- and my mailman never leaves anything for me. EVER!

I'm with you on that- i do just enough survey's every year to get platinum and then put the rest of my codes in a filing cabinet. On top of that, I've got enough post play survey's to go platinum at least 1 more year.

Anyway- here is that picture I mentioned. They sent these out to people who were crazy about registering their goods pre-club nintendo.

photo2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh that's pretty sweet. I never really registered my products before club nintendo. Actually, I did once, but that was to get Zelda Collectors Edition on Gamecube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back