Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='nbballard']Anyway- here is that picture I mentioned. They sent these out to people who were crazy about registering their goods pre-club nintendo.

photo2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Meh, I had at least 75 - 100 things registered pre-Club Nintendo and didn't get this :bomb:.

[quote name='io']Meh, I had at least 75 - 100 things registered pre-Club Nintendo and didn't get this :bomb:.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, I had 123 items registered before Club Nintendo launched on 12/15.

And I got one. :D

Two separate accounts have been platinum for three years and neither of our houses received one of these (nor did I get one of those post cards). One account had over 2000 pts while the other was at 1980.... and on top of that, the 2000 pt account has been redeeming coins for stuff. Whatevs. It would be nice, but I doubt I'll get one.

It's probably rewarding people who register their games immediately, rather than sit on post play surveys. They seem to have a problem with people hoarding registration stuff. Of course, I'd register more if there was a steady supply of things I actually wanted... but once the pins went away... my interest in that stuff reverted back to 0.

I've been registering games with Nintendo since 2004, I've hit Platinum all three years of Club Nintendo, and I've spend over 4000 coins. If I don't get a package, I'll be a sad panda but very curious as to their criteria for selecting the lucky customers.

I wonder if the fact that I've already registered Wii Party will make a difference?

[quote name='dyeknom']Two separate accounts have been platinum for three years and neither of our houses received one of these (nor did I get one of those post cards). One account had over 2000 pts while the other was at 1980.... and on top of that, the 2000 pt account has been redeeming coins for stuff. Whatevs. It would be nice, but I doubt I'll get one.

It's probably rewarding people who register their games immediately, rather than sit on post play surveys. They seem to have a problem with people hoarding registration stuff.[/QUOTE]

I calculated my Club Nintendo points and discovered that i collected about 4695 points so far in the last few years. This should give everyone a good indication on how many points is needed but i believe it was for 4000 points in beyond.

[quote name='BigHow']I've been registering games with Nintendo since 2004, I've hit Platinum all three years of Club Nintendo, and I've spend over 4000 coins. If I don't get a package, I'll be a sad panda but very curious as to their criteria for selecting the lucky customers.

I wonder if the fact that I've already registered Wii Party will make a difference?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i already had Wii Party already but i don't think it matter.

[quote name='dan13l858']I calculated my Club Nintendo points and discovered that i collected about 4695 points so far in the last few years. This should give everyone a good indication on how many points is needed but i believe it was for 4000 points in beyond.[/QUOTE]

I just added up my points - here's hoping your guess of 4,000 is right. I've redeemed 4,550 (and have 160 banked and several more in surveys to do)...

Sadly, I hope a lot of these don't go to those who buy/trade codes instead of actually purchasing the various Nintendo stuff. If I put the effort into buying codes, I'd have a lot more coins that I do now. :D

[quote name='UncleBob']I just added up my points - here's hoping your guess of 4,000 is right. I've redeemed 4,550 (and have 160 banked and several more in surveys to do)...

Sadly, I hope a lot of these don't go to those who buy/trade codes instead of actually purchasing the various Nintendo stuff. If I put the effort into buying codes, I'd have a lot more coins that I do now. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah. i never bought or sold a code ever;however, i did find a lot of Club Nintendo eligible games via the clearance aisle. I thank CAG for that. Yeah, i was at the point where i was running out of games to redeem. I know there is still some random Pokemon games i haven't gotten yet. With the arrival of the 3DS, i'll have more games to redeem.

Shouldn't that package be for coins earned, and not spent? I've never spent one yet, but I've been registering stuff since years before Club Nintendo.

No new news on this having to review stuff right after you register it thing?

They make all this too hard. It should give you unlimited time like it used to, your coins should never expire, and you should be able to register stuff whenever you want, with coins just counting towards the NEXT year's platinum status. I hate when a rewards program feels like its punishing you.

Only 2050 coins spent from me, and 20 coins sitting in my account.

I doubt it matters, but, I've been a "member" since 10/26/2002.

It'd be pretty sweet to get one of those surprise packages!

EDIT: Awesome! Just called my house, and was told there was a package (from Nintendo of America) delivered by UPS today! Woo!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really hoping I receive one of these special gifts, too. I've been a member since 1/19/2004 and I've collected 2330 coins over the past two years. I've got 270 coins worth of surveys to fill out in my account. I'd really like to wait until the next rewards year to fill them out, though, as I already have 1450 coins this year. But if there's some limit that I'm almost at, I'll gladly fill them out.

To the people who have received the package, what was your total coin count for this year alone? And did you happen to write reviews that Nintendo can share? And did any of you already have Wii Party? Did you receive an e-mail saying it had been shipped?

Edit: I had a game with I2B in reserve, so I just filled that out. Now I'm at 1510 for the year and 2390 total. If I get a prize now, we'll have more of an understanding of the requirements.

I was kind of thinking of registering my DSi XL that I got last year for Christmas but I haven't since I'm already at Platinum status.

[quote name='Blade']I'm really hoping I receive one of these special gifts, too. I've been a member since 1/19/2004 and I've collected 2330 coins over the past two years. I've got 270 coins worth of surveys to fill out in my account. I'd really like to wait until the next rewards year to fill them out, though, as I already have 1450 coins this year. But if there's some limit that I'm almost at, I'll gladly fill them out.

To the people who have received the package, what was your total coin count for this year alone? And did you happen to write reviews that Nintendo can share? And did any of you already have Wii Party? Did you receive an e-mail saying it had been shipped?

Edit: I had a game with I2B in reserve, so I just filled that out. Now I'm at 1510 for the year and 2390 total. If I get a prize now, we'll have more of an understanding of the requirements.[/QUOTE]

My total coin count for 2011: 630
I've never written any reviews (not even sure what you're referring to, TBH).
I didn't already have Wii Party.
And no, no email nor "Shipped package" status in my account.
I've got a bunch of post-play (or whatever they're called) surveys still in my account.

Also, I just opened my package, and I got a blue Wii Remote + Motion Plus!

[quote name='Blade']I'm really hoping I receive one of these special gifts, too. I've been a member since 1/19/2004 and I've collected 2330 coins over the past two years. I've got 270 coins worth of surveys to fill out in my account. I'd really like to wait until the next rewards year to fill them out, though, as I already have 1450 coins this year. But if there's some limit that I'm almost at, I'll gladly fill them out.

Edit: I had a game with I2B in reserve, so I just filled that out. Now I'm at 1510 for the year and 2390 total. If I get a prize now, we'll have more of an understanding of the requirements.[/QUOTE]

- I have 2450 coins for this year alone.
- I never wrote a review.
- I recent bought Wii Party probably a month ago and collected the coins from Club Nintendo.
- No email was sent. It just arrive mysteriously.

Quick Note: I don't understand why people sit on their coins for the next year instead of redeeming them. Nintendo releases so many games that people can get platinum status with in fiscal year. Also, people will miss out on certain special items like the package that was sent to me yesterday if they don't input their Club Nintendo points.

[quote name='Rig']My total coin count for 2011: 630
I've got a bunch of post-play (or whatever they're called) surveys still in my account.

Also, I just opened my package, and I got a blue Wii Remote + Motion Plus![/QUOTE]

You're a lucky man. Although, if I were to end up with that package, I'd want the pink one.

Also, I just opened my package, and I got a blue Wii Remote + Motion Plus![/QUOTE]

I got a pink one weird.

You got a blue motion plus? Lucky, I got a pink one. Oh well, I'm not going to complain, free is free. And an extra controller is better than no controller. Did they send you the all in one controller, or the controller attached to the motion plus?

Anyhow, kinda bummed the pouches are sold out on Club Nintendo, I was hoping to get one for my 3DS. Problem was I didn't have enough coins until I registered the system. :[

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']You got a blue motion plus? Lucky, I got a pink one. Oh well, I'm not going to complain, free is free. And an extra controller is better than no controller. Did they send you the all in one controller, or the controller attached to the motion plus?

Anyhow, kinda bummed the pouches are sold out on Club Nintendo, I was hoping to get one for my 3DS. Problem was I didn't have enough coins until I registered the system. :[[/QUOTE]

It was the one that attaches to the controller; the older one.

[quote name='dan13l858']- I have 2450 coins for this year alone.
- I recent bought Wii Party probably a month ago and collected the coins from Club Nintendo.

Quick Note: I don't understand why people sit on their coins for the next year instead of redeeming them. Nintendo releases so many games that people can get platinum status with in fiscal year. Also, people will miss out on certain special items like the package that was sent to me yesterday if they don't input their Club Nintendo points.[/QUOTE]

So you had Wii Party already but still got it? Sweet. There's still hope for me yet! I'm a very active user of the system and I've racked up loads of coins, so hopefully they choose me. That would make me really happy.

[quote name='KingBroly']They will apparently get them back in stock within a month or two.

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-category-details/a/18504.do

Edit: A bright idea came to mind and I added a General News Section. Oh, and I added the Product Registration Bonuses for 3DS games.[/QUOTE]

Oh, didn't see that. Just saw that it was sold out on the main page. Thanks!

[quote name='Rig']It was the one that attaches to the controlled; the older one.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, still jealous you got blue, haha. Congrats for getting one too!

[quote name='dan13l858']Quick Note: I don't understand why people sit on their coins for the next year instead of redeeming them. Nintendo releases so many games that people can get platinum status with in fiscal year. Also, people will miss out on certain special items like the package that was sent to me yesterday if they don't input their Club Nintendo points.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily always true. This past year I've only bought about 4 eligible Nintendo titles; at most totaling 280 coins. Some of us don't buy every game that is released. I'd miss out on platinum this year if I didn't have surveys left over from last year.

[quote name='UncleBob']Curious - those of you who received packages - where are you located? Wondering if I'll get one tomorrow/Friday or if I'm SOL...[/QUOTE]

Central IL for me. Few hours south of Chicago.

Also, here's two pics of mine:

DSC01235.jpg

DSC01236.jpg

Quick Note: I don't understand why people sit on their coins for the next year instead of redeeming them. Nintendo releases so many games that people can get platinum status with in fiscal year. Also, people will miss out on certain special items like the package that was sent to me yesterday if they don't input their Club Nintendo points.[/QUOTE]

Because not all of us buy every Nintendo game in existence, dude. It only takes 600 coins to be a Platinum member. I created an account for my girlfriend where I dumped the remaining 700 coins worth of codes we had saved up between my family and hers so we could have two Platinum rewards. Also, I have Wii Party registered too, so that's great.

@Rig - The last question on the Post Play Survey asks you to write a short review that Nintendo can publish if they choose to. I'm glad to year that you still received the package with a little over 1/4th of the coins this guy did. It really makes me hopeful that I'll get it, too. :bouncy:

I wonder if this is taking playtime into consideration at all. It could easily link the wii registered to your club account and check your activity log. If that's the case- i won't be getting one!

Kudos to those of you getting these awesome packages. I think I've hit the minimum for platinum for each year, and I've ordered less than a handful of things. I doubt I'll get the package.

Wicked awesome gift, Nintendo. Gotta hand it to them.

I registered everything all the way back to the Gamecube launch. Nada for me. I heeded advice here though and started holding back codes once I reached Platinum (especially since my Wii purchases keep declining).

I ordered the messenger bag the other day just to make sure coins didn't expire. Decent size but quality wise it's not much better than a $.99 cent reusable grocery bag. It was folded up and squeezed into a 6"x9" bubble envelope. :lol:

[quote name='Blade']Because not all of us buy every Nintendo game in existence, dude. It only takes 600 coins to be a Platinum member. I created an account for my girlfriend where I dumped the remaining 700 coins worth of codes we had saved up between my family and hers so we could have two Platinum rewards. Also, I have Wii Party registered too, so that's great.

@Rig - The last question on the Post Play Survey asks you to write a short review that Nintendo can publish if they choose to. I'm glad to hear that you still received the package with a little over 1/4th of the coins this guy did. It really makes me hopeful that I'll get it, too. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I've always hit platinum status myself, and the first year I (stupidly) registered games for 500 or so "extra" (over the plat status) coins. These last two years I've strictly got to my 600-ish range and stopped.

And yeah, definitely don't think I've done the short review thing.

[quote name='nbballard']I wonder if this is taking playtime into consideration at all. It could easily link the wii registered to your club account and check your activity log. If that's the case- i won't be getting one![/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it. I wouldn't have got a package that way! :lol:

My guess is it's just "high activity" users. Some sort of high threshold with Club Nintendo, maybe mixed with them just having your information in some database somewhere.

As a kid, I literally wrote Nintendo on a near weekly basis. Seriously. You have no idea how many letters I have from Nintendo reps; I loved seeing a new letter from them every week.

It got to the point where I think they started handing me off to the *same* rep every time! ("Oh, great, this kid again...") They sent me some pretty damn sweet stuff (all completely random). My favorite was some Zelda OoT art they printed out on what looked like a standard color copier. :lol: But, everyone on the team signed it. I still have that somewhere.

[quote name='wjhard63']My wife just called me and put my 2 year old up to the phone to tell me there was a surprise from Nintendo that UPS just dropped off! :)[/QUOTE]

Congrats wjhard!

I hope it is for total production registrated, as I got a bunch of GBA and gamecube games and never got anything for them

I got a package today too. I have been registering games since the Gamecube. I have been Platinum each year, but just got the status this week when I registered my 3DS.

Anyone know the value of the Dominoes gift card??

I don't even see how it is possible to get 2450 coins when you haven't been saving them up. I buy a TON of Nintendo stuff and I would barely have that many total across 3 years if I went ahead and registered everything I had and did all the surveys right now.

[quote name='Blade']Because not all of us buy every Nintendo game in existence, dude. It only takes 600 coins to be a Platinum member. I created an account for my girlfriend where I dumped the remaining 700 coins worth of codes we had saved up between my family and hers so we could have two Platinum rewards. Also, I have Wii Party registered too, so that's great.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. My wife and I both have accounts. I always thought it would be better to get 2 platinum rewards, especially since they've had choices of 2 prizes at least once.

[quote name='tinskat']I got a package today too. I have been registering games since the Gamecube. I have been Platinum each year, but just got the status this week when I registered my 3DS.
[/QUOTE]

More importantly than how long you've been doing it, is how many points you've had on your account in total and how many you've spent. Please let us know those figures ;).

i heard you must have used or spent 4000 sometime or another.

ordered another canvas bag for the ds for my lowball, glad i did as i see they are sold out

[quote name='cheapbastard']To those who have gotten the mystery package, have u reached Platinum this year?? Mayb thats the key[/QUOTE]

I had.

[quote name='adriley313']i heard you must have used or spent 4000 sometime or another.

ordered another canvas bag for the ds for my lowball, glad i did as i see they are sold out[/QUOTE]

Can't be used/spent 4000. As I said in my post, I have barely went over 2000 total coins.

I hit platinum on Day One, this year and last year (and very within the first week in the first year). 4,000+ coins - all spent (well, all but the 160 I just earned on my 3DS). Been a member since MyNintendo launched, with over 300+ items registered, including multiple GameCubes, GBAs, GBASPs, GBms, Wiis, each version of the DS (including two DSis). All items registered from my own codes/serial numbers (none bought/sold/traded).

Nothing. :(

[quote name='UncleBob']I hit platinum on Day One, this year and last year (and very within the first week in the first year). 4,000+ coins - all spent (well, all but the 160 I just earned on my 3DS). Been a member since MyNintendo launched, with over 300+ items registered, including multiple GameCubes, GBAs, GBASPs, GBms, Wiis, each version of the DS (including two DSis). All items registered from my own codes/serial numbers (none bought/sold/traded).

Nothing. :([/QUOTE]

It might be possible that they sent it to the wrong address. I've been registering my games since the Gamecube days, and I've pretty much register almost every game with the exception of a few pokemon and GameCube games.

Possible, but unlikely. They've got my right address on file as all my Club Nintendo awards have arrived safely and I order some kind of random parts from them every few months (in fact, just ordered some stuff a few days ago for my 3DS...)

Wow that gift thing is pretty awesome of Nintendo. I can't believe the new limits on registering/survey things now, My 3DS registration survey was going to expire on the 6th this month so just did it now, I over shot my Platinum by 120 points :( Aw well, maybe I'll be eligible for this random gift lol

I ordered my 3DS on Tuesday, and it didn't ship until Thursday night. I already received it yesterday (Friday). This is with Free Super Saver Shipping too! Amazing!!

Unfortunately, my game and screen protector (they arei n the same order) have not arrived yet. I am scared to use my 3DS before the screen protector comes (I am only using one for the touch screen). I will wait a few more days I guess.... ugh...

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I ordered my 3DS on Tuesday, and it didn't ship until Thursday night. I already received it yesterday (Friday). This is with Free Super Saver Shipping too! Amazing!!

Unfortunately, my game and screen protector (they arei n the same order) have not arrived yet. I am scared to use my 3DS before the screen protector comes (I am only using one for the touch screen). I will wait a few more days I guess.... ugh...[/QUOTE]

If you are inclined to do so, you can use the Hori screen protectors for the DS Lite. The touch screens are almost the same size (if not identical). You can remove it later, if you choose to do so.

I tried waiting for the Hori protectors for the 3ds, but they appear to be back-ordered (before they ever arrived) for at least two weeks everywhere I checked.

I also put a Dsi XL protector on the top screen.:) Maybe not ideal, but again without a Hori protector around, I didn't want to leave it uncovered. They're both clear, so I can't tell the difference with the system on.

I ordered my 3DS on Tuesday, and it didn't ship until Thursday night. I already received it yesterday (Friday). This is with Free Super Saver Shipping too! Amazing!!

Unfortunately, my game and screen protector (they arei n the same order) have not arrived yet. I am scared to use my 3DS before the screen protector comes (I am only using one for the touch screen). I will wait a few more days I guess.... ugh...

[quote name='dragonjud']If you are inclined to do so, you can use the Hori screen protectors for the DS Lite. The touch screens are almost the same size (if not identical). You can remove it later, if you choose to do so.

I tried waiting for the Hori protectors for the 3ds, but they appear to be back-ordered (before they ever arrived) for at least two weeks everywhere I checked.

I also put a Dsi XL protector on the top screen.:) Maybe not ideal, but again without a Hori protector around, I didn't want to leave it uncovered. They're both clear, so I can't tell the difference with the system on.[/QUOTE]

haha, I meant to post that on the 3DS thread- but I appreciate the quick response!

I think I may just wait the few days until my Pilotwings + screen protector arrive. I have a fear of dust getting under the protector, so I need to figure out a dust free location to apply the screen protector.

I love everyone trying to figure out some mathematical equation for getting the mystery package. Is it Platinum? Did you register 10k points? Did you sign up on a Thursday... in October? :lol:

Chances are the Club pulled x number of names out of a hat. Totally random. Simple as that.

Congrats to all. I'm jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back