Club nintendo super smash bros 200 coins until 9/16 & limited edition kirby medal 600

[quote name='Romeo'] Nope.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I haven't received Club Nintendo emails in awhile anyhow. Just looked on my account, apparently my notifications from Nintendo were turned off. Turned them back on.

I just hope I get one, because I ordered maybe an hour before they were gone. Guess we'll see.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Oh, I haven't received Club Nintendo emails in awhile anyhow. Just looked on my account, apparently my notifications from Nintendo were turned off. Turned them back on.

I just hope I get one, because I ordered maybe an hour before they were gone. Guess we'll see.[/QUOTE]

Same here, they never email me.

[quote name='KingofGames']I had a feeling this would sell out. Glad I caved and bought the remaining Club Nintendo codes I needed.[/QUOTE]

Bought them? From who? I've given hundreds of codes to members here the past few months.

On Ebay. I was 150 points short, but I had 4 surveys to complete. I think I have some unused codes lying around, but I was at work and wanted to secure the medal before it sold out. I think I ordered just a few minutes before others claimed it was out of stock. Assuming my order goes through, I was incredibly fortunate.

[quote name='KingofGames']On Ebay. I was 150 points short, but I had 4 surveys to complete. I think I have some unused codes lying around, but I was at work and wanted to secure the medal before it sold out. I think I ordered just a few minutes before others claimed it was out of stock. Assuming my order goes through, I was incredibly fortunate.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the codes?

[quote name='KingofGames']I had a feeling this would sell out.[/QUOTE]Me, too. Hope Nintendo sticks to their guns on the "limit of 1,000" line. That's why I jumped on it instead of saving my points for game tokens.

[quote name='hashiriya1']This much is true. Club Nintendo USA is more generous with the points.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? Only now is Nintendo finally letting *some* 3rd party games ship with serials. In Japan, every single game, regardless of publisher, gets a code. The point values are roughly the same for games, and their prizes tend to cost way fewer coins. (i.e. half the coins for hanafuda cards. Compare here: http://club.nintendo.jp/member/exec/entranceNaviPrivilege)

I used to get Platinum status in Japan every year without batting an eyelash. After moving back to the U.S., until recently, I calculated everything very carefully for my U.S. account.

[quote name='Romeo']So I take it I must live here and on CN hitting F5 everyday all day in hopes to get anything new.

Right. There's a reason why updates are done all at once. And it wouldn't anger me as much if it said sold out right away instead of playing some child's game of "neener neener".[/QUOTE]

That's not the point. It's ok to miss out on deals and stuff without crying about it. It happens. Grow up.

[quote name='confoosious']That's not the point. It's ok to miss out on deals and stuff without crying about it. It happens. Grow up.[/QUOTE]

Really? Did you not read the part where I said I was venting? Let it go.

Did you get in on the pin? I noticed CN states there's going to be a ton of Kirby stuff this month.

Now I feel bad for getting the medal when I really did not give a crap about it. Only grabbed it because it was a limited run. Dunno if it'll be worth anything, but I'd totally be willing to trade it away to somebody that really has to have it (when it arrives of course).

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']My Kirby medal order shows as backordered in my order history. Does everyone else show the same thing?[/QUOTE]

I actually pulled over to make sure I got the medal when I saw it on CAG. I hope they didn't oversell.

bummer, was busy all day and just got a chance to try this and it was sold out. would've loved it, but it's not the first exclusive club nintendo thing i've missed out on and won't be the last. enjoy them, those that got them :)

I was intrigued until I saw that the medal was 1x1 inch. I mean, seriously? If it wasn't "limited" that would be fine. But for a "limited" medal, 1 inch is just ridiculous. Not sad I missed out on it at all now.

[quote name='xenozfan2']I would trade you for nba elite 11:twisted:[/QUOTE]

Gah! *grabs game, hides in cave, sits and rocks back and fourth*

I've had such bad luck timing-wise with the recent limited CN rewards. By the time I finished all my post-plays to get to 900, the gold nunchuk is gone. Don't check CAG for a day, Kirby medal pops up. Really hope this shows up under currently backordered with the nunchuk and hanafuda cards tomorrow instead of just vanishing from the Rewards page. Only rewards that have ever interested me since I started CN were the 3DS case, nunchuk, and this medal. 1/3 so far

edit: It just popped up under "Currently Unavailable." So a little bit of hope left for anyone else who missed out!

It's good to be unemployed (or a stay-at-home spouse, or retired.) Why the f*** do these things always have to be released during work hours, so that I miss them?

Missed it... oh well. Not a huge Kriby fan... plus I assume a really awesome 25th Anniversary thing will happen... right? (looks at Mario... Zelda... hmm) lol.

[quote name='confoosious']I actually pulled over to make sure I got the medal when I saw it on CAG. I hope they didn't oversell.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're not driving while reading this

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']My Kirby medal order shows as backordered in my order history. Does everyone else show the same thing?[/QUOTE]It says that because they won't be shipped until Nov.

Still not sure if I want to get SSB. Had tons of fun as a kid, but I think I still have my physical copy and I think I'd rather get Melee once the Wii U's out since it'll have GCN downloads on its Virtual Console or whatever it'll be called this time.

[quote name='Zonic505']It says that because they won't be shipped until Nov.

Still not sure if I want to get SSB. Had tons of fun as a kid, but I think I still have my physical copy and I think I'd rather get Melee once the Wii U's out since it'll have GCN downloads on its Virtual Console or whatever it'll be called this time.[/QUOTE]

If you still have your physical copy, I'd hold off. I'm in the same situation.

For anyone who hasn't played the first two Smash games, I'd recommend just waiting for/getting Melee. It's a much better game all-around. Only reason I pop in the first game every now and then is to wreck the other characters with Pikachu, Kirby, and Ness. They're god-like in the first game.

[quote name='masshuum']I was intrigued until I saw that the medal was 1x1 inch. I mean, seriously? If it wasn't "limited" that would be fine. But for a "limited" medal, 1 inch is just ridiculous. Not sad I missed out on it at all now.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't 1X1 make it a cube? :)

I get nintendo club coins because I like to play games, and I trade them in for games exclusively.

I value my free download of Mario Tennis 64 waaaaay more than any physical reward that I'm going to "have" rather than "enjoy".

[quote name='eataburger']Wouldn't 1X1 make it a cube? :)

I get nintendo club coins because I like to play games, and I trade them in for games exclusively. With age and experience, I realize what a bad deal collecting is in the long run.

I value my free download of Mario Tennis 64 waaaaay more than a limited edition dust collector. I've gotten hours of enjoyment out of a game that I otherwise overlooked, vs "Hey this is great! Now up on the shelf you go..."[/QUOTE]

...and I was about to say, "and that's what makes America great you get to choose." But then I saw your location as Toronto...good luck with the bagged milk.
just kidding

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']...and I was about to say, "and that's what makes America great you get to choose." But then I saw your location as Toronto...good luck with the bagged milk.
just kidding
[/QUOTE]

Haha! I was shocked when I realized that the rest of the world thought that our bagged milk was wierd... then I really thought about it and realized, yeah. It is wierd!

I realize my post came off as more "high and mighty" than I intended (even though I was sincere). I think I wanted to make people who missed out feel better. I'll edit now to soften it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eataburger']Wouldn't 1X1 make it a cube? :)[/QUOTE]
No, 1x1 makes it a square. 1x1x1 would make it a cube ^_^

Ordered it yesterday. Not really interested in keeping it. Hopefully the price appreciates so that I can find someone who might be interested in exchanging it with the 2010 platinum reward.

[quote name='eataburger']Haha! I was shocked when I realized that the rest of the world thought that our bagged milk was wierd... then I really thought about it and realized, yeah. It is wierd![/QUOTE]

I don't see what the fuss about bagged milk is about. It is quite possible that more milk is sold in bags than in cartons around the world. (Considering it is the favoured packaging in India and regions of China).

CRAP it's out already :(
Oh well, I wouldn't do anything with it anyways, I mean what COULD you do with a 1" coin (Or is it a cube? Wouldn't it be a 1" radius? Surely the thickness isn't 1"?)
Still, it wouldn't sting so bad if they'd restock the gold nunchucks.... I've got like 1000 coins just sitting there going to waste....

Last edited:
[quote name='rcerboss']CRAP it's out already :(
Oh well, I wouldn't do anything with it anyways, I mean what COULD you do with a 1" coin (Or is it a cube? Wouldn't it be a 1" radius? Surely the thickness isn't 1"?)
Still, it wouldn't sting so bad if they'd restock the gold nunchucks.... I've got like 1000 coins just sitting there going to waste....[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they meant that the diameter is 1" in length, not the radius. Otherwise, they would have said 2"...

had enough points for this but I'm saving them to see if the gold nunchuk comes back, a coin's pretty useless, the Pokemon & Mario Galaxy ones I have are just stored away collecting dust

[quote name='Darshminder']I'm pretty sure they meant that the diameter is 1" in length, not the radius. Otherwise, they would have said 2"...[/QUOTE]
Yeah that was a typo on my part, I meant Diameter.

[quote name='whatsinaname']Ordered it yesterday. Not really interested in keeping it. Hopefully the price appreciates so that I can find someone who might be interested in exchanging it with the 2010 platinum reward.[/QUOTE]

After reading all of the "crap I missed out" posts, including my venting rant, why in the hell did you order the coin if you didn't want it?!

[quote name='Romeo']After reading all of the "crap I missed out" posts, including my venting rant, why in the hell did you order the coin if you didn't want it?![/QUOTE]

This pissed me off too. So mad I missed it, especially to a jackass who doesn't even want it

[quote name='Romeo']After reading all of the "crap I missed out" posts, including my venting rant, why in the hell did you order the coin if you didn't want it?![/QUOTE]
While I certainly agree with you that he shouldn't have ordered it if he was just going to resell it.... it's a coin. It has no use outside of telling other collectors you own it, I'm having a hard time even figuring out how I could display the damn thing had I gotten it.

I suppose you could carry it around like Two-Face.....

What Nintendo should have done was just make 100 or so available at different times throughout the week. That would be a lot more fair than just putting all 1000 out at once and screwing anyone over who happened to be busy the one hour it was available....

Cool Nintendo is offering more stuff...NOT cool that it's so limited. I wouldn't have gotten one anyway (unlike the douches who order it and don't want it...or order it just to sell) but if it was something I wanted I'd be pissed. I mean it's literally like "oh what, you don't check Club Nintendo MULTIPLE TIMES EVERY SINGLE DAY?!?!?" Well, tough then!

You guys don't have to check club Nintendo everyday.

I found out early enough from just being active on these forums.

I will say it did go really fast. Just based on it being limited to 1,000 I knew it was going to be gone within 24 hours. I think it lasted more like 8 hours.

What was also nice is the amount of coins they charged for this. IMO this is the best noa CN reward i've seen next to 2010 platinum reward.

They probably could have asked 1,000 coins for this and it would still be 200 less then the game and watch ball.

So in that sense I can see it being easy to miss unless you have access to the internet 24/7.

Id still rather them put limited rewards like this though then having stuff like shoelaces and folders,posters.

Rather then seeing CN offer more amounts of a reward Id rather see better rewards frequently.

[quote name='soonersfan60']I'm surprised that the run was so low... only 1000, Nintendo? Really?[/QUOTE]

Only 1000 for Club Nintendo of America, but Japan's Club Nintendo also has this, and it's not limited at all.

I'm still hoping, probably in vain, that we'll see some of Japan's music CDs at some point.

Just a heads up to anyone who is wondering on NA Club Nintendo rewards in the future, they usually don't post any new rewards until 6-9 AM in Hawaii time (the last part of North America time zone wise) on the day they decide to make the reward available. The same goes for the downloadable games, I usually don't see NA CN post them until about 10-11AM my time (in AZ), so there is no need to constantly be on the website to check for the rewards, simply check for the few hours in your time zone that relates to 6-9AM in Hawaii (confusing, huh?).

Also, I have yet to see them introduce any big rewards on the weekends, only the weekdays, so take this in mind if you are hounding for the limited rewards available in the future.

[quote name='needler420']You guys don't have to check club Nintendo everyday.

I will say it did go really fast. Just based on it being limited to 1,000 I knew it was going to be gone within 24 hours. I think it lasted more like 8 hours.

What was also nice is the amount of coins they charged for this. IMO this is the best noa CN reward i've seen next to 2010 platinum reward.

They probably could have asked 1,000 coins for this and it would still be 200 less then the game and watch ball.

So in that sense I can see it being easy to miss unless you have access to the internet 24/7.

Id still rather them put limited rewards like this though then having stuff like shoelaces and folders,posters.

Rather then seeing CN offer more amounts of a reward Id rather see better rewards frequently.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to figure out if this is a poem or just really odd formatting.

[quote name='needler420']You guys don't have to check club Nintendo everyday.

Rather then seeing CN offer more amounts of a reward Id rather see better rewards frequently.[/QUOTE]

If I hadn't happened to see this thread I still wouldn't have any idea that this coin existed. I consider myself active here, but that doesn't mean I can get on every hour, let alone every day (or even every week). I wasn't emailed and I didn't see it covered by the major news outlets (I even get IGN sent directly to my inbox, nothing there). Checking Club Nintendo everyday for that 1 in a 1000 chance something like this will pop up simply isn't going to happen. I get that they couldn't announce it ahead of time without crashing their site and selling out in a manner of minutes instead of hours, but it's not reasonable to expect fans to keep an eye on CN at all times either. Frankly I wouldn't have given the coin away like this; why not give the option to get it to everyone who registers the upcoming Kirby Collection on CN in the first week? Or choose 1000 people who registered the Kirby collection at random, and just give it to them? That way you are helping boost sales of what is honestly a very overpriced, incomplete compilation, and still making sure that the coins are going to fans as opposed to someone who's just going to turn around and throw it on Ebay.

Well it's still just a worthless coin, I'm much more annoyed at having missed the Golden Nunchuck. They say more are coming, but the fact that it's taking so long to get more in is absolutely ridiculous, it's a nunchuck painted gold.....

Last edited:
[quote name='rcerboss']If I hadn't happened to see this thread I still wouldn't have any idea that this coin existed. I consider myself active here, but that doesn't mean I can get on every hour, let alone every day (or even every week). I wasn't emailed and I didn't see it covered by the major news outlets (I even get IGN sent directly to my inbox, nothing there). Checking Club Nintendo everyday for that 1 in a 1000 chance something like this will pop up simply isn't going to happen. I get that they couldn't announce it ahead of time without crashing their site and selling out in a manner of minutes instead of hours, but it's not reasonable to expect fans to keep an eye on CN at all times either. Frankly I wouldn't have given the coin away like this; why not give the option to get it to everyone who registers the upcoming Kirby Collection on CN in the first week? Or choose 1000 people who registered the Kirby collection at random, and just give it to them? That way you are helping boost sales of what is honestly a very overpriced, incomplete compilation, and still making sure that the coins are going to fans as opposed to someone who's just going to turn around and throw it on Ebay.

Well it's still just a worthless coin, I'm much more annoyed at having missed the Golden Nunchuck. They say more are coming, but the fact that it's taking so long to get more in is absolutely ridiculous, it's a nunchuck painted gold.....[/QUOTE]

A lot of things in life are things that you just happen to be a part of. I also happened to see this. And I happened to have 600 coins handy.

When it comes to limited edition stuff, someone is always going to miss out and someone is always going to be unhappy. (Original portal guns come to mind.)

So in the end, it doesn't matter what you do. Announce it, don't announce, random draw, first come first served. Doesn't matter. If there was a perfect solution, someone would have thought of it already. Your suggestions don't really help the randomness do they? And is more work to implement. So there you go.

[quote name='rcerboss']If I hadn't happened to see this thread I still wouldn't have any idea that this coin existed. I consider myself active here, but that doesn't mean I can get on every hour, let alone every day (or even every week). I wasn't emailed and I didn't see it covered by the major news outlets (I even get IGN sent directly to my inbox, nothing there). Checking Club Nintendo everyday for that 1 in a 1000 chance something like this will pop up simply isn't going to happen. I get that they couldn't announce it ahead of time without crashing their site and selling out in a manner of minutes instead of hours, but it's not reasonable to expect fans to keep an eye on CN at all times either. Frankly I wouldn't have given the coin away like this; why not give the option to get it to everyone who registers the upcoming Kirby Collection on CN in the first week? Or choose 1000 people who registered the Kirby collection at random, and just give it to them? That way you are helping boost sales of what is honestly a very overpriced, incomplete compilation, and still making sure that the coins are going to fans as opposed to someone who's just going to turn around and throw it on Ebay.

Well it's still just a worthless coin, I'm much more annoyed at having missed the Golden Nunchuck. They say more are coming, but the fact that it's taking so long to get more in is absolutely ridiculous, it's a nunchuck painted gold.....[/QUOTE]

As Confoosious said, things are all luck based. Right after I ordered mine, I quickly posted it on JustPushStart and slapped it on N4G. However I can tell you that no one seemed to care. While I don't care to look up the sites number, it took nearly 18 hours (well past it being dead) to be approved on N4G and even then it only hit 30 degrees. In the end it's just luck and impossible to say when, if or what will happen.

As far as the restocking, remember that Nintendo doesn't have to do ANYTHING for Club Nintendo. So they don't spend a lot of money getting it done super fast. I mean even with all the questionable elements with the Gold / Platinum prizes, it still takes them 6 months to actually ship the product. Even the Kirby coin isn't shipping till November. Club Nintendo is not about speed, just neat items to thank you for the support.

bread's done
Back