CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

You can still Commando with it and 90% of the abusers I've dealt with are MLC tac-knifers to begin with hence why I mentioned them. I rarely see someone with an actual assault rifle bothering to do it. If they aren't going positive within the first few minutes of the match they immediately camp for a canister.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']just faced the wrath of the new care package glitch. its basically unlimited air support. was playing domination and this guy called in a harrier,ac130,chopper gunner,pave low and attack helicopter. and kept calling them over and over again. i think he ended up 55-2.

im getting tired of these glitches. they also need to fix the run glitch with the care package marker.[/QUOTE]

Are you even able to call in that many things at once?

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']just faced the wrath of the new care package glitch. its basically unlimited air support. was playing domination and this guy called in a harrier,ac130,chopper gunner,pave low and attack helicopter. and kept calling them over and over again. i think he ended up 55-2.

im getting tired of these glitches. they also need to fix the run glitch with the care package marker.[/QUOTE]

I like how everything that happens in the game is instantly a glitch...

1) You were playing Domination... What did you expect?

2) I highly doubt that the same guy had all of those things... And even if he did, that isn't that hard. It is called care packages. I have had numerous matches where I had care packages give me multiple AC130s, CGs, Pavelows, and Harriers. Also, if he was using emergency air drop than chances are even better that he could get all of that stuff.

3) As for the "care package marker glitch"... It isn't a glitch. It is something that is just part of the game. Think about it, the smaller the gun you have in your hand the faster you run, no gun in your hand, hmmm maybe you'll run faster...
And in all honestly if you can't kill someone running around without a gun in their hand than you are absolute garbage. I can see getting killed by someone like that maybe 2-3 times, but anything more is just ridiculous. It is called adjusting to your opponent's play style no different than if you were playing against a team of snipers or a team of campers.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Are you even able to call in that many things at once?[/QUOTE]

No... I think the limit is 2 Harriers (possibly 3) and one helicopter (either Pavelow, Attack, or Chopper Gunner). I am not completely sure, but you may be able to throw a AC130 over top of that.

[quote name='mvp828']No... I think the limit is 2 Harriers (possibly 3) and one helicopter (either Pavelow, Attack, or Chopper Gunner). I am not completely sure, but you may be able to throw a AC130 over top of that.[/QUOTE]

2 Harriers, 1 Helicopter type streak, and 1 AC130 is the most that's possible in the air. Aside from UAVs and care package copters and such

I have only ever once had the game deny me from calling in a killstreak reward because the airspace was too crowded so it doesn't really happen often.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']I have only ever once had the game deny me from calling in a killstreak reward because the airspace was too crowded so it doesn't really happen often.[/QUOTE]

It happens often if you get air support a lot.

The Last Stand perk is still useless; would of been cool if they added shock paddles to the equipment section to revive teammates in last stand.

0011181.jpg

Shock paddles in Bf: Bad Company 2.

[quote name='mvp828']I like how everything that happens in the game is instantly a glitch...

1) You were playing Domination... What did you expect?

2) I highly doubt that the same guy had all of those things... And even if he did, that isn't that hard. It is called care packages. I have had numerous matches where I had care packages give me multiple AC130s, CGs, Pavelows, and Harriers. Also, if he was using emergency air drop than chances are even better that he could get all of that stuff.

3) As for the "care package marker glitch"... It isn't a glitch. It is something that is just part of the game. Think about it, the smaller the gun you have in your hand the faster you run, no gun in your hand, hmmm maybe you'll run faster...
And in all honestly if you can't kill someone running around without a gun in their hand than you are absolute garbage. I can see getting killed by someone like that maybe 2-3 times, but anything more is just ridiculous. It is called adjusting to your opponent's play style no different than if you were playing against a team of snipers or a team of campers.

[/QUOTE]

It's unlikely that he did get them from emergency air drops. What's the first thing that always happens when you call in an e-drop? Your team crowds around and trys to get everything. He was the only one calling things in. You would think that at least one of his teammates would have gotten one package and called something in. And besides this guy called in too many things for 2 emergency airdrops and he was bragging about the glitch in the lobby. It was nuts, one right after another. We would shoot something down and then there would always 2 other things in the air to replace it.

As for the running with a marker issue, I see what you are saying but you still should not be able to run that fast. If you have marathon, lightweight, and commando with a marker in your hand it's like having lightweight squared. They come at you ridiculously fast and then have an insane reach. Those people are a force to be reckoned with.

The care package run bs may not be a glitch but they need to fix that. Just because you don't have a gun in your hands, that does not give you the ability to run a mile in 3 fucking seconds.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']The Last Stand perk is still useless; would of been cool if they added shock paddles to the equipment section to revive teammates in last stand.[/QUOTE]

I hate people that use last stand. Because just when you think you killed someone and run to the next guy, he ends up shooting you because its unexpected. One guy talking during a game suggested just 1 shot from a pistol when in last stand, which i think is good. I actually got killed once by a guy in last stand with 2 shotguns in his hands. How ridiculous is that? Plus i think anyone should go into last stand if someone shoots their feet or legs. I was sniping and killed a guy by shooting his foot. Yeah thats realistic. Chest or head i could see, but legs....i think he should end up going into a last stand mode if that happened.

Riot shields seem useless. Whenever i try to use them i get stabbed from the front, even when i try to melee them first. Or people shoot me from the front, i dont even see how this is effective. Only reason i tried it was because it said when its on your back it stops bullets from hitting you from behind, and i get killed from behind a lot. But there doesnt seem to be any good guns to use with riot shield.

I really wish you would just unlock perks, not have to wait for a heli to come and drop it off. Its BS when you get something and end up dying waiting for the damn heli to drop it off or when you try to open the package. You should just get it automatically, unless its a care package or emergency drop.

Overall though, i just got back to playing this, was playing gears of war 2. But i have to say i had more fun playing GOW2. CODMW2 is pretty boring to me, still dont like the maps, and people camp too much.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']It's unlikely that he did get them from emergency air drops. What's the first thing that always happens when you call in an e-drop? Your team crowds around and trys to get everything. He was the only one calling things in. You would think that at least one of his teammates would have gotten one package and called something in. And besides this guy called in too many things for 2 emergency airdrops and he was bragging about the glitch in the lobby. It was nuts, one right after another. We would shoot something down and then there would always 2 other things in the air to replace it.

As for the running with a marker issue, I see what you are saying but you still should not be able to run that fast. If you have marathon, lightweight, and commando with a marker in your hand it's like having lightweight squared. They come at you ridiculously fast and then have an insane reach. Those people are a force to be reckoned with.[/QUOTE]

It is unlikely that it would happen, but definitely possible. I have grabbed all 4 of my packages twice in a few different matches. You have to remember because the person that calls it has a huge capture time limit advantage than it is possible... That being said, since he did brag about it, it will be interesting to hear more about it as more people use it. If it is indeed true, I would imagine it being another glitch where the modded console is the only way to do it.

My best advice for the care package marker asshats is this:

A) Famas+Grenade Launcher, Thumper, Semtex, Flash or Stun, with Scavenger, Danger Close, and Commando. They will never make it to you as long as you keep a good awareness on the map.

B) The other tactic that I use is that since those guys depend so much on the radar, take a shotgun and shoot once and step back about 4-5 steps. They will come flying around a corner and knife to soon since they are trying to get where you were... Not where you are. Myself and a bunch of other CAGs ran into about 4-5 guys in TDM that were doing it, so we just went with this tactic. You'd be amazed at the results.

C) Do it right back. I have ran into these guys and have just done the same thing right back... 9/10 time they will either leave during the match or right afterwards.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I actually got killed once by a guy in last stand with 2 shotguns in his hands. How ridiculous is that? .[/QUOTE]

That's the final stand deathstreak reward. You have to die 4 times in a row I think in order to have your regular equipment with you.

[quote name='thamaster24']That's the final stand deathstreak reward. You have to die 4 times in a row I think in order to have your regular equipment with you.[/QUOTE]

Last Stand Pro lets you have your secondary weapon as what gets pulled out when you go down so it is certainly possible for a shotgun or machine pistol without using the Final Stand deathstreak (at least that is how the perk is worded... I haven't actually tried it out).

[quote name='mvp828']
And in all honestly if you can't kill someone running around without a gun in their hand than you are absolute garbage. I can see getting killed by someone like that maybe 2-3 times, but anything more is just ridiculous. It is called adjusting to your opponent's play style no different than if you were playing against a team of snipers or a team of campers.[/QUOTE]
I'm still torn whether it's a glitch or not. I mean I believe IW said it was not a glitch but I do think it is not being used as intended and the biggest part of the problem is that it's not just that they run fast but actually teleport forward, which may be partly due to the synchronization between server and clients since they are running so fast. I've tried it once myself and I guess I'm just not that good at it since I felt like I was just moving too fast and would pass up people I was trying punch (since while holding the care package marker you punch and do not knife). On that note, since you do punch with the care package marker they should make it like the Riot Shield melee attack where it takes 2 hits rather than instant kill like the knife. I would agree that would be an appropriate compromise and balance.

[quote name='strikeratt']2 Harriers, 1 Helicopter type streak, and 1 AC130 is the most that's possible in the air. Aside from UAVs and care package copters and such[/QUOTE]
Also, both teams can have AC130s in the air since I've experienced it twice.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']I have only ever once had the game deny me from calling in a killstreak reward because the airspace was too crowded so it doesn't really happen often.[/QUOTE]
If you play with/against crappy people then I guess not.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']Last Stand Pro lets you have your secondary weapon as what gets pulled out when you go down so it is certainly possible for a shotgun or machine pistol without using the Final Stand deathstreak (at least that is how the perk is worded... I haven't actually tried it out).[/QUOTE]

I tried out the last stand perk last Prestige and I found that if you are firing a noob tube as you are put into regular Last Stand (Not the Final Stand deathstreak) you will keep you primary weapon equipped instead of a handgun.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']Last Stand Pro lets you have your secondary weapon as what gets pulled out when you go down so it is certainly possible for a shotgun or machine pistol without using the Final Stand deathstreak (at least that is how the perk is worded... I haven't actually tried it out).[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, I haven't played around with last stand enough. I just thought it was a final stand thing, now I'm going to have to do that next prestige.

[quote name='mvp828']
A) Famas+Grenade Launcher, Thumper, Semtex, Flash or Stun, with Scavenger, Danger Close, and Commando. They will never make it to you as long as you keep a good awareness on the map.

B) The other tactic that I use is that since those guys depend so much on the radar, take a shotgun and shoot once and step back about 4-5 steps. They will come flying around a corner and knife to soon since they are trying to get where you were... Not where you are. Myself and a bunch of other CAGs ran into about 4-5 guys in TDM that were doing it, so we just went with this tactic. You'd be amazed at the results.

C) Do it right back. I have ran into these guys and have just done the same thing right back... 9/10 time they will either leave during the match or right afterwards.[/QUOTE]

Good tips. might have to try these out

[quote name='The 7th Number']I hate people that use last stand. Because just when you think you killed someone and run to the next guy, he ends up shooting you because its unexpected. One guy talking during a game suggested just 1 shot from a pistol when in last stand, which i think is good. I actually got killed once by a guy in last stand with 2 shotguns in his hands. How ridiculous is that? Plus i think anyone should go into last stand if someone shoots their feet or legs. I was sniping and killed a guy by shooting his foot. Yeah thats realistic. Chest or head i could see, but legs....i think he should end up going into a last stand mode if that happened.

Riot shields seem useless. Whenever i try to use them i get stabbed from the front, even when i try to melee them first. Or people shoot me from the front, i dont even see how this is effective. Only reason i tried it was because it said when its on your back it stops bullets from hitting you from behind, and i get killed from behind a lot. But there doesnt seem to be any good guns to use with riot shield.

I really wish you would just unlock perks, not have to wait for a heli to come and drop it off. Its BS when you get something and end up dying waiting for the damn heli to drop it off or when you try to open the package. You should just get it automatically, unless its a care package or emergency drop.

Overall though, i just got back to playing this, was playing gears of war 2. But i have to say i had more fun playing GOW2. CODMW2 is pretty boring to me, still dont like the maps, and people camp too much.[/QUOTE]
It's so easy to tell if they're in last stand since you don't get your points or the victims "callsign card" until you kill them.

The only things that drop packages are the 'care package, sentry gun, and emergency air drop'.

Funny, I played CoD:MW2 before GoW2 and that bored me with its maps and don't get me started on the connection issues for a goddamn 5 on 5 game. Play Ground War if you don't want camping.

Wow. I didn't realize how powerful the striker was on objective based games/camping. Wiped out 11 people in the span of a minute or so when they came back for more. Even at mid distance It's pretty damn lethal.

Anyone out there still use the P90 a lot? I understand the SCAR is a great weapon but I'm going back to P90 for a bit since that's all I used in MW1 (and the AK).

I like the scar but don't like the small magazine for it. I know I can unlock the larger ones but I like using the scavanger perk and the red dot so I don't want to have to replace the scavanger perk with boing to get large mag with red dot.

Played GOW1 and 2 and they just doesn't have the staying power for multiplayer like MW1 and 2 have had, for me anyways.

This may have been going on for a while, but in the past 3 or 4 days I've seen a ton of RPG users. Many of them on the same team and firing at the same time. I played against a team tonite that had 5 people start off every match in a line and fire at the same time. The killcam was hilarious. With danger close on that thing is hell to deal with.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']I like the scar but don't like the small magazine for it. I know I can unlock the larger ones but I like using the scavanger perk and the red dot so I don't want to have to replace the scavanger perk with boing to get large mag with red dot.

Played GOW1 and 2 and they just doesn't have the staying power for multiplayer like MW1 and 2 have had, for me anyways.[/QUOTE]

Lol, boing.

The scar has one of the best iron sights in the game. Trust me, the extended mags are worth it.

Lately, I've noticed a lot more idiots that will run with a semtex in their hand. I think the TAR with a silencer is one of the more effective ways to kill everyone, and I think it also has one of the better iron sights in the game.

I haven't tried the TAR yet, but I just tried the ACR for the first time last night, and I love it. This is the gun I've been waiting for, and everything I hoped the SCAR would be but wasn't. My favorite gun in CoD4 was the G36C, and the ACR seems to be pretty similar to that.

Yeah, before I prestiged, I was using the ACR and I thought it was the best gun at the time. I recommend the TAR a bit higher though.

[quote name='thamaster24']This may have been going on for a while, but in the past 3 or 4 days I've seen a ton of RPG users. Many of them on the same team and firing at the same time. I played against a team tonite that had 5 people start off every match in a line and fire at the same time. The killcam was hilarious. With danger close on that thing is hell to deal with.[/QUOTE]

I roll with Scavenger and Silencer on the SCAR since I love it's iron sights and I absolutely need the extra ammo.

I've also noticed a lot of people using the TAR lately and they wreck me with it. The few times I've used it, I found the recoil to be a little too much and the damage not high enough. I just don't understand it. I guess I'll have to try it out again.

Well, the thing about the TAR is that the recoil normally goes left-right instead of up, so people use it on close maps (like Rust). It's also a 4 shot kill with a silencer, so it's not that weak.
EDIT: Or, you could try the TAR again, but just fire in 2-4 shot bursts to control the recoil

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the AK is not worth the level 70 requirment that it carries. 30 would suit it a lot better. I think it is a decent gun though.

[quote name='LordKefka06']What are your guys' take on the AK-47? recoil, accuracy, range... etc...?[/QUOTE]

Medium to short range only. Great power but due to the recoil multiple other guns do a better job.

IMO, the AK-47 is my favorite gun, but I do agree that it shouldn't be at lvl 70. I think the ACR should be @ 70 instead.

Nah, the ACR shouldn't be level 70, I think either the M16 or the FAMAS should be level 70, since both of them are basically a 1 burst kill.

[quote name='Magicking610']Nah, the ACR shouldn't be level 70, I think either the M16 or the FAMAS should be level 70, since both of them are basically a 1 burst kill.[/QUOTE]I see what your saying, but I think those guns should actually be obtained very early on. Since the :newbie:s need those easy kills.

Oh please, newbs use it because they want easy kills? Like you really think the hardcore veterans of MW2 or using crappier guns because they want a challenge? *too lazy to get the eye roll smiley*

They're just overpowered guns (much like the Models, but at least they have a requirment in the 60s) that everyone uses because it's just a cheap way to piss everyone off. There's better guns to use, and much more respectable guns to use.

[quote name='mvp828']
[/QUOTE]

Played a bit with this today. It is indeed pretty nasty.

[quote name='lordwow']Played a bit with this today. It is indeed pretty nasty.[/QUOTE]
How did you do in that round? I heard it's a good setup as long as your team is the one using it.

[quote name='LordKefka06']I see what your saying, but I think those guns should actually be obtained very early on. Since the :newbie:s need those easy kills.[/QUOTE]

I realized recently how insanely powerful the M16 is. I threw an ACOG scope on it with Stopping Power and if you are on target with a burst you will basically instakill anyone in your scope, even if they're halfway across the map. Definitely my new favorite AF over the SCAR.

[quote name='Magicking610']How did you do in that round? I heard it's a good setup as long as your team is the one using it.[/QUOTE]

The first round I used it I was pretty terrible trying to get used to the style of play, but afterwards I was going 20-10ish with some kill streaks.

Forgot to mention this early, but about 2 weeks after MW2 was launched, I came across a guy who was using heartbeat hacks. When I watched his killcam, there was red dots (about x3 bigger than the RDS) on everybody throughout the map. So he was cruising around with FMJs on and would be shooting people through walls.

This was on the PS3 version, however.

I just finished the campaign on Veteran. Definitely easier than CoD4 or 5, but extremely epic and enjoyable. My only complaint is that it was a little short. I finished the campaign in about 6 and a half hours.

AK is definitely not a lvl70 weapon, if you wanted to go by how easy or powerful the weapon is...M16 then ACR should be up there. M16 is my go to weapon if i need to boost the KDR. ACR is stupidly accurate, its a weak full auto sniper.

I do need to try out some LMG or SMGs during the later prestiges since my M16, M4, ACR, Famas are all getting close to 2500kills.

Anyone have recommendations for LMG or SMGs? I have a UMP/Mag class which has marathon, lightweight, commando just for knifing and capturing B site in domination.

[quote name='naiku']AK is definitely not a lvl70 weapon, if you wanted to go by how easy or powerful the weapon is...M16 then ACR should be up there. M16 is my go to weapon if i need to boost the KDR. ACR is stupidly accurate, its a weak full auto sniper.

I do need to try out some LMG or SMGs during the later prestiges since my M16, M4, ACR, Famas are all getting close to 2500kills.

Anyone have recommendations for LMG or SMGs? I have a UMP/Mag class which has marathon, lightweight, commando just for knifing and capturing B site in domination.[/QUOTE]

I started using the UMP recently and it's quite a solid gun. You'll definitely notice the difference between it and most of the assault rifles as its harder to snipe people at a distance but it makes up for it with the fact you can bring up your sights almost instantly and the fact you can walk fairly quickly without even having to bring your sights down.

I hear that the P90 and Aug are also very solid SMG/LMG's but I have yet to try them out.

In my experience (SMG wise) I haven't gone wrong maining UMP, P90 or Uzi. Balanced enough for MLC with more than enough power for me to get by without Stopping Power. In most cases the MP had SCAR like recoil for me to the point where sometimes I had to burst fire to compensate and don't even get me started on the Vector. After Stopping Power and FMJ in a Hardcore Death Match still required 2 - 5 hits to kill with it at any range I finally gave up on learning its mysterious ways. I can't stand that gun. At first glance its monstrous fire rate screamed HDM ownage until I played enough matches to realize I was working far too hard to compensate for its overall lack of power in every exchange (with or without Stopping Power). Then again maybe I'm just a terrible player. -_-'

^
no. killcam will always show you. a nice little glitch not sure people know about is when you die, during a kill cam press start. The map will show the location of the enemy team. Even if they have cold blooded on, since u are seeing THEIR team map, all enemies are shown. Good and obvious example is estate. If your team is locked out of the house, and you die, press start and you will see all the green arrows inside the house and probably 1 dork running around trying to flank ya. Sorta helpful i guess...

I find it most helpful for those worthless precision airstrikes since no one on my team ever has a UAV when i get one. I just hold on to the airstrike until i die, see where they are, see where they are moving a bit towards and drop an airstrike.

bread's done
Back