CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='thamaster24']This may have been going on for a while, but in the past 3 or 4 days I've seen a ton of RPG users. Many of them on the same team and firing at the same time. I played against a team tonite that had 5 people start off every match in a line and fire at the same time. The killcam was hilarious. With danger close on that thing is hell to deal with.[/QUOTE]

Actually I have too but they did it the whole game. Not sure what the deal is with the RPG Gangbang but I just ended up continuing to flank them and noob tube/grenade the hell out of them for some nice multi kills :lol:.

[quote name='naiku']^
no. killcam will always show you. a nice little glitch not sure people know about is when you die, during a kill cam press start. The map will show the location of the enemy team. Even if they have cold blooded on, since u are seeing THEIR team map, all enemies are shown. Good and obvious example is estate. If your team is locked out of the house, and you die, press start and you will see all the green arrows inside the house and probably 1 dork running around trying to flank ya. Sorta helpful i guess...

I find it most helpful for those worthless precision airstrikes since no one on my team ever has a UAV when i get one. I just hold on to the airstrike until i die, see where they are, see where they are moving a bit towards and drop an airstrike.[/QUOTE]

NICE. That's some good info right there. BTW, that "dork" is me cause I'm gonna flank ya, then shank ya :lol:!

I keep getting into games where a guy and his buddy use tactical insertion to rack up killstreaks. It's getting really annoying.

Ive been wanting to level up so ive been trying different guns(mostly asault rifles) and i stumbled upon the f2000(? second last AR to be unlocked), i found that it wasnt all that good until i put a silencer on it, i havent taken it off and i have finished top on my team(sometimes both teams) in team death match ever since. And the m93 rafika akimbo is a lot of fun too.

FFA and Ground War are where the boosters live. I haven't seen a legit nuke in like a month it feels like. Every time I see a early harrier, I look at the scores. The problem is now they are getting better at hiding the fact they are boosting, I see a lot more people getting 2 friends boosting so it isn't as obvious. Real easy to spot someone 1-15, not so much when 2 people are 1-7

Wow, that was just insane. Actually got the nuke legitimately three times in a row tonight in the Ground War playlist. One game 67/5, the next 50/3, not while camping either. Doubt it'll happen again.

I love my main class. Silenced TAR/G18 with Scavenger, Cold-Blooded and Ninja.

[quote name='naiku']^
no. killcam will always show you. a nice little glitch not sure people know about is when you die, during a kill cam press start. The map will show the location of the enemy team. Even if they have cold blooded on, since u are seeing THEIR team map, all enemies are shown. Good and obvious example is estate. If your team is locked out of the house, and you die, press start and you will see all the green arrows inside the house and probably 1 dork running around trying to flank ya. Sorta helpful i guess...

I find it most helpful for those worthless precision airstrikes since no one on my team ever has a UAV when i get one. I just hold on to the airstrike until i die, see where they are, see where they are moving a bit towards and drop an airstrike.[/QUOTE]
That map glitch just ruined the game for me. Stupid for IW to leave that in. Was that possible in CoD4:MW? First I'm hearing of it.

Great... now I'm sitting on 4000 Microsoft Points to be used for the map-packs, but not anymore. This is the only multiplayer title left in my library so now I got to finish up Shadow Complex and then go on a gaming hiatus until the glitch gets fixed or a Battlefield title gets 32 players on X360.

I played several games where the host lobby was modded-movement speed was insanely fast for one lobby and another was very fast (but not as fast so it was manageable to play in that one).

the first lobby the host got a nuke up easily so I left. no one could touch this guy at all, and everyone else wasn't really getting many kills.

the other lobby I thought the guy that placed first was host but then he left after two games. it turns out the host as one of these two kids that were almost 2nd prestige (one of their friends left early who wasn't good still a green arrow). after a while I just brought out that AA-12 and got kills like crazy (though my spread wasn't that good, ranging from -2 to +7 over several games). at least that helped me level up some perks a tad bit. also all were Domination (or w/e cap points are)

I decided to check the global leader boards to see how others are doing compared to some of my friends. all categories are filled with shit load of glitchers/modders with most having ads in their bio (most dummy gts too) to sell accounts or glitch 10th prestige. and I thought Gears of War 2 was bad (my first online shooter and it took 9+ months and several title updates for people to start glitching and modding [the leaderboards].

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Hardcore... I like knowing my ammo count thank you very much/not dieing so easy/having an unglitchable killcam to improve my situation awareness.[/QUOTE]

:cry: Sorry. Just a suggestion.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Came across my first booster today. It took me 15.5 days to find one.[/QUOTE]

What games modes do you play? I play groundwar and find at least one per 4 hours played....

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I played several games where the host lobby was modded-movement speed was insanely fast for one lobby and another was very fast (but not as fast so it was manageable to play in that one).

the first lobby the host got a nuke up easily so I left. no one could touch this guy at all, and everyone else wasn't really getting many kills.

the other lobby I thought the guy that placed first was host but then he left after two games. it turns out the host as one of these two kids that were almost 2nd prestige (one of their friends left early who wasn't good still a green arrow). after a while I just brought out that AA-12 and got kills like crazy (though my spread wasn't that good, ranging from -2 to +7 over several games). at least that helped me level up some perks a tad bit. also all were Domination (or w/e cap points are)

I decided to check the global leader boards to see how others are doing compared to some of my friends. all categories are filled with shit load of glitchers/modders with most having ads in their bio (most dummy gts too) to sell accounts or glitch 10th prestige. and I thought Gears of War 2 was bad (my first online shooter and it took 9+ months and several title updates for people to start glitching and modding [the leaderboards].[/QUOTE]

Every leader board ever is glitched/cheated. The top guys in Gears were people who manipulated host.

im just at 6 days played. I never seen a nukebooster in TDM or Merc TDM...the few times i played GroundWar im with a full team so yeah...I did see one in FFA but I only played that mode probably 4 times.
I guess I dont get the appeal of a nuke. I had been over 25 kills many times...just ending a game seems lame if you are doing well, i guess if you are losing it makes sense but I rather stick to my Carepackage, Harrier, AC130 combo since im still trying to get that golden cross.

@Shrapnellistic I really didn't think that killcam glitch ruins the game. maybe its because I play modes where respawn is instant and u normally just run and get revenge on the person that killed you. I just thought it was helpful w/ the guessing game that occurs anytimes u get a precision airstrike.

Is it just me, or is the ACOG less accurate than red dot sight or holographic sight? As much as I try using ACOG I am not as accurate with it and I really don't see the advantage of it.

I think that's just you.

-----

Another glitch I experienced: The kills from my turrent from my Emergency Airdrop counted towards my next killstreak (CG). I can't confirm if this was just a 1 time thing, or if it's exclusive to the Turret.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Is it just me, or is the ACOG less accurate than red dot sight or holographic sight? As much as I try using ACOG I am not as accurate with it and I really don't see the advantage of it.[/QUOTE]

ACOG's are useless.

Uh Oh Another Glitch............:cry:

UPDATE PER IW: Another #MW2 playlist update to prevent the spread of the "ice skating" / speed hack.
Will prevent matchmaking into modded games.

[youtube]1Ork1StU-po[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkNessBear']:cry: Sorry. Just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, was still pissed at this obvious glitch they missed.

I'll give hardcore a shot, I always have scavenger (Pro) on so I don't think I actually need to worry about ammo.

My brain almost melted when you guys said that. The ACOG scope is awesome. Thermal is a piece of crap unless you like hiding in a corner and camping the entire game on Wasteland (worst map ever by the way).

Had this happen a lot last night. MW2 hack thats spreading. Hope they patch it soon. http://$$$$$$$$$$$$/y9xg3fq

I could get a game w/o this hack being enabled for over an hour. I opted not to stay and play on the ice mess.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Is it just me, or is the ACOG less accurate than red dot sight or holographic sight? As much as I try using ACOG I am not as accurate with it and I really don't see the advantage of it.[/QUOTE]
Yea, I tend to find that it has much more kick back when I use an ACOG. Not sure if that is true though.

okay, I have a question what is the difference between the red dot sight and the holographic sight besides the obvious cosmetics. It seems to me that they are bot the same thing except one is a laser type dot, and the other (holographic) seems to be a dot on some sort of "film" type plane.

[quote name='clumsychu']okay, I have a question what is the difference between the red dot sight and the holographic sight besides the obvious cosmetics. It seems to me that they are bot the same thing except one is a laser type dot, and the other (holographic) seems to be a dot on some sort of "film" type plane.[/QUOTE]

Nothing except some guns have better accuracy with one or the other(ex. M16 is more accurate with the holographic). And I believe the holo has a small amount of zoom to it.

[quote name='LordKefka06']I think that's just you.

-----

Another glitch I experienced: The kills from my turrent from my Emergency Airdrop counted towards my next killstreak (CG). I can't confirm if this was just a 1 time thing, or if it's exclusive to the Turret.[/QUOTE]

Pavelow from a care package usually counts too. I have had a lot of times where it counted, but a lot of times when it didn't.

I actually came to this conclusion over the last few days. I always went for the ACOG as soon as I unlocked it for each gun, but I noticed I was doing a lot better with the red dot. No zoom, but it seems a lot more accurate. Maybe this varies from gun to gun, but with the SCAR-H I really love the red dot.

I just used the F2000 and I must say, I think I hate that gun the most out of the assault rifles. I find it to be unbelievably inaccurate. Does anyone actually use this? I don't believe I've ever gotten killed by it.

[quote name='tcrash247']I just used the F2000 and I must say, I think I hate that gun the most out of the assault rifles. I find it to be unbelievably inaccurate. Does anyone actually use this? I don't believe I've ever gotten killed by it.[/QUOTE]

Put a silencer on it and you have a very, very poor mans acr.

I hate the acog, been trying to unlock all attachments for the Intervention (first sniper I'll start with) for a while. the acog for the Tar is alright, but I find the Holo much better (rds is second).

I was using the F2000 until I prestiged last night. I even unlocked all the attachments for it. To me it felt like th ACR with a little more power to it. But that might have been because I switched to Stopping Power when I started using it.

[quote name='Ziv']I was using the F2000 until I prestiged last night. I even unlocked all the attachments for it. To me it felt like th ACR with a little more power to it. But that might have been because I switched to Stopping Power when I started using it.[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. might consider that, ive unlocked all but the sights so far.

[quote name='Ziv']I was using the F2000 until I prestiged last night. I even unlocked all the attachments for it. To me it felt like th ACR with a little more power to it. But that might have been because I switched to Stopping Power when I started using it.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with you on that, the ACR has a whole lot more accuracy than the F2000. F2000 is good close range, with its high fire rate, but its hit rate drops pretty quickly with distance.

[quote name='RobMinhas']ACOG only seems good with the FAl, IMO. Anyone tryed the thumper? Pros, cons thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Meh. I'm not much of fan of it myself. A fairly decent last resort with Danger Close classes but suffers from a zombie slow start up complimented by an even slower reload time. You could think of it as a poor man's RPG. In order to be effective you'll have to UAV creep while anticipating your prey's movements because whatever you don't kill will hand your ass back to you on a sliver platter.

[quote name='Link927']I have to disagree with you on that, the ACR has a whole lot more accuracy than the F2000. F2000 is good close range, with its high fire rate, but its hit rate drops pretty quickly with distance.[/QUOTE]

Amen. IMO, the F2000 with Stopping Power is what the Vector should have been at close and mid-range from the start.

im having a blast(no pun intended) with Scav, Danger Close, Ninja. ACR w/ Noobtube, Javelin, Frag. Its awesome on scrapyard then i swap the Javelin for the AT4 or RPG once i get 67/68 again for Wastelands, its destroys people in the tunnels. They normally get pissed and just stay out of them...thats when u switch classes. BOOM! class is definitely gonna be a keeper.

Hell of a good time.

[quote name='naiku']im having a blast(no pun intended) with Scav, Danger Close, Ninja. ACR w/ Noobtube, Javelin, Frag. Its awesome on scrapyard then i swap the Javelin for the AT4 or RPG once i get 67/68 again for Wastelands, its destroys people in the tunnels. They normally get pissed and just stay out of them...thats when u switch classes. BOOM! class is definitely gonna be a keeper.

Hell of a good time.[/QUOTE]

I have one of these classes too but I use the Thumper and Sleight of Hand instead. I only use this set when I'm doing extremely bad or someone else is noobtubing. It is a whole lot of fun though, getting kills from clear across the map. I just HATE it when my grenades don't blow up. Its like if the Mini-Uzi misfired at point blank range.

Played through most of Spec-ops last night with a friend. I really enjoyed it, to a point where I think the experience was better than the campaign.

The level design seeemed really well thought out for the most part.

[quote name='RobMinhas']ACOG only seems good with the FAl, IMO. Anyone tryed the thumper? Pros, cons thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Thumper has a huge delay from the time you pull the trigger until it actually shoots. It's terrible compared to the AR mounted noob tube. It also reloads slower than the toob.

It could be useful in certain situations, but it's very hard to hit a moving target with it. You have to lead them enough to make up for the firing delay. Essentially you shoot where you think they will be in 1-2 seconds.

Go with the noob tube as it's better in every way. If you want more grenades to shoot, use scav to refill your ammo.

I don't know why everyone shits on the thumper. It's as good as the rifle mounted grenade launcher. It seems to reload in the same amount of time to me. As long as you aim with the left trigger and then shoot, there's no delay. I use it as my secondary on my danger close class unless I'm rocking one man army with it.

I even kind of like it more than RPGs because it's more accurate and you won't kill yourself as often close range.

anybody down to get some gaming in sometime this week? i'm thinking thursday evening so just drop your gamertag if you want to join. or if anyone has a game going and need extras let me know.

GT: Golden Child48

[quote name='Shippuden']anybody down to get some gaming in sometime this week? i'm thinking thursday evening so just drop your gamertag if you want to join. or if anyone has a game going and need extras let me know.

GT: Golden Child48[/QUOTE]

I play pretty much every night so feel free to hit me up if you want to play. I do notice a lot of other CAG's playing either on my friends list or the CAG MW2 friends list as well so I'm sure we could get a group going if you wanted almost any night.

I hate how my knifing class embarrasses my serious classes with its kill/death ratio in the 3:1 arena.

Is there a CAG Night for this game? Would be funny to see themed matches; like riot shields only or akimbos only.

I made a F2000 class,
F2000, thermal sight and silencer/heartbeat sensor
M93 Raficka akimbo
Bling
Stopping power
steady aim pro

I just went 22-0, 21-1 and 24-0 on the last three free for all matches with this class.

[quote name='RobMinhas']I made a F2000 class,
F2000, thermal sight and silencer/heartbeat sensor
M93 Raficka akimbo
Bling
Stopping power
steady aim pro

I just went 22-0, 21-1 and 24-0 on the last three free for all matches with this class.[/QUOTE]

How are you fitting 3 different gun mods? Or do you just mean you switch off between the silencer and HBS?

bread's done
Back