CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Likely one of the people using a JTag'd 360. Any time I see someone in a lobby with either a colored and obviously fake GT or the spinning 10th prestige emblem (which is not available to unlock) I leave the room and file a complaint. If you ever see someone with a GT like that, just view their gamercard to get their real GT from it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I checked quickly, but it didn't appear that any of them were using a masked ID or anything like that. If they were doing it, they were being subtle as hell - no nukes, etc...just multiple AC-130's and Chopper Gunners and such. I also think they were somehow circumventing Cold-Blooded, but I could be wrong on that.

Or, perhaps they were just that lucky and good, and somewhere on another forum, the guys are like "these guys accused us of cheating last night...". But I still find it difficult to believe you can get 2 AC-130's, Chopper Gunner, Pave Low, 2 Harriers, and a Predator missile in 16 total kills spread across 1 team, all in a span of 30 seconds...and then annihilate my entire team immediately with those, while we're all running cold blooded.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Likely one of the people using a JTag'd 360. Any time I see someone in a lobby with either a colored and obviously fake GT or the spinning 10th prestige emblem (which is not available to unlock) I leave the room and file a complaint. If you ever see someone with a GT like that, just view their gamercard to get their real GT from it.[/QUOTE]

According to fourzertwo, the spinning icon is unlockable. He might just be saying that to weed out the hackers though.

eh, this used to be a great game, until you play it online with all the cheaters, hackers, and "noob" tubes.

plus the 1200 points for recycled maps is insane

[quote name='Trufatty']eh, this used to be a great game, until you play it online with all the cheaters, hackers, and "noob" tubes.

plus the 1200 points for recycled maps is insane[/QUOTE]
Thanks for letting us know...

Bad News: Double XP on #MW2 ends today, so get it while its good! Good News: When we update the playlist, we're bringing Team Tactical back!

Finally.

Saw something really weird today. I was playing Mercenary TDM and a guy on the other team was literally invisible the entire game. It had to be something with lag, but I never had a connection interrupted or any lag issue at all during the game.

On at least 2 occasions he ran straight for me, I watched the deathcam and should've seen him 3 or 4 seconds before he killed me, and knifed me. I would've put my mic on to ask the other players if they had the same thing happen but no one else on my team had a mic.

I don't know if this was a freak thing or not, but I hope to fuck this is not a hack or something along those lines.

[quote name='Trakan'] Good News: When we update the playlist, we're bringing Team Tactical back!

Finally.[/QUOTE]

Its about time...that was pretty much all I played on COD4 after a while

^
can you explain what team tactical is since i never played mw1.

This weekend was good, easter ham was awesome & finally got 10th prestige on saturday. Was 45/9th prestige on Tuesday..so big thanks to double xp...had a ton of games in a row where 15-26k was the normal. Stupid fast xp.
Time to rank up those guns & set up some fun classes.

Anyone else find Salvage to be an unbalanced map? Depending on the game mode, 1 team has the better side. Most of the other maps both sides have a decent balance.

HOLY SHIT! This one dude today, on rust called in a tactical nuke in 3 minutes and some odd seconds. He calls in a stealth bomber, and has danger close pro on, kills everyone. Hides uses chopper gunner, kills a shit ton more people calls in a nuke right after. WOW! FFA master right there.

[quote name='zewone']4v4 in mosh pit style matchmaking.

You can still do it now, but it's in shitty 3rd person.[/QUOTE]

Team tactical was 3v3 in COD4, they made it 4v4 in WAW...im hoping for 3v3

[quote name='BL00DW0LF']Team tactical was 3v3 in COD4, they made it 4v4 in WAW...im hoping for 3v3[/QUOTE]

Its going to be 4v4 First Person Team Tactical. (Confirmed!)

[quote name='RobMinhas']HOLY SHIT! This one dude today, on rust called in a tactical nuke in 3 minutes and some odd seconds. He calls in a stealth bomber, and has danger close pro on, kills everyone. Hides uses chopper gunner, kills a shit ton more people calls in a nuke right after. WOW! FFA master right there.[/QUOTE]

Well, on Rust you are bound to get a ton of kills with anything at all really. Especially because the Stealth Bomber can cover the entire field, AND has Danger Close. The Chopper Gunner can also just be sprayed blindly and hit everything.

[quote name='thamaster24']Saw something really weird today. I was playing Mercenary TDM and a guy on the other team was literally invisible the entire game. It had to be something with lag, but I never had a connection interrupted or any lag issue at all during the game.

On at least 2 occasions he ran straight for me, I watched the deathcam and should've seen him 3 or 4 seconds before he killed me, and knifed me. I would've put my mic on to ask the other players if they had the same thing happen but no one else on my team had a mic.

I don't know if this was a freak thing or not, but I hope to fuck this is not a hack or something along those lines.[/QUOTE]

Its a hack, I believe you need a JTag Xbox to do it as well. The player is completely invisible, and while he will show up on radar you can never see him.

[quote name='tcrash247']This is an opinion forum, in case you didn't know.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for letting us know....

I will remember that for when I play a game for a short time that I end up not liking then go into each forum on CAG and state how I hate said game for whatever reason and add nothing to conversation.

State opinions all you want but at least try to make it helpful to the other people in the forum, ex instead of just saying MP sucks say how you think they could make the game better.

;)

I ran into one guy doing the invisible thing on a Free-For-All late last night. I dashboarded that shit after the 4th death. This disc is going in it's case and on my shelf for a while...I've had it with this shit. These hacking assholes are sucking the fun out of this game...

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Anyone else find Salvage to be an unbalanced map? Depending on the game mode, 1 team has the better side. Most of the other maps both sides have a decent balance.[/QUOTE]

ITS A SHIT MAP FULL OF CAMPERS AROUND EVERY fuckING CORNER

End.

I love Salvage because I still can't snipe to save my life (constant work in progress) and I loathe camping with a passion so I appreciate how enclosed it is. All pure Marathon TAR, SPAS or silenced SMG & MP action here unless I'm going for challenges, a nuke attempt or screwing around with Danger Close so it's rare for me to go negative on that map regardless of how campy the opposition is. Silenced Vector & Hardline = Win.

Bailout on the other hand is a pain in the ass to maneuver through regardless of what class I'm using. It's going to be a while before I can get my bearings straight on that map. I wish Storm would pop up more often as well. A little bland but I dig it.

[quote name='Trakan']According to fourzertwo, the spinning icon is unlockable. He might just be saying that to weed out the hackers though.[/QUOTE]

Yep, fourzerotwo stated on twitter that the spinning 10th Prestige symbol is attainable and there are people out there with legit ones.

[quote name='Ronin317'] But I still find it difficult to believe you can get 2 AC-130's, Chopper Gunner, Pave Low, 2 Harriers, and a Predator missile in 16 total kills spread across 1 team, all in a span of 30 seconds...and then annihilate my entire team immediately with those, while we're all running cold blooded.[/QUOTE]

You know that cold-blooded doesn't prevent you from dying from random firing in the Chopper Gunner or AC-130. Also, certain maps have common spawn points when all or most of the team is dead. For instance, on Sub Base one time some guy kept spawn killing us with an AC-130 because when the whole team is dead you keep respawning at about 2 key points when the team is not in the area. He just kept firing down on these 2 points.

[quote name='woodcan']You know that cold-blooded doesn't prevent you from dying from random firing in the Chopper Gunner or AC-130. Also, certain maps have common spawn points when all or most of the team is dead. For instance, on Sub Base one time some guy kept spawn killing us with an AC-130 because when the whole team is dead you keep respawning at about 2 key points when the team is not in the area. He just kept firing down on these 2 points.[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't prevent you from dying, and of course I know that - wasn't my point...

Ran into another invisible asshole tonight, other than that it seems the stimulus is much easier to get kills than the regular modes. Anyone else feel this way?

I would say my average game is about 14-9 but on the stimulus I rarely have less than 25 kills and no more than 10 deaths.

I find it to be the opposite. Everyone in Stimulus, at least during the double XP, was using tubes/RPGs and silenced UMPs.

Mosh Pit has the occasional asshole, but they aren't as prevalent.

[quote name='Trakan']I find it to be the opposite. Everyone in Stimulus, at least during the double XP, was using tubes/RPGs and silenced UMPs.

Mosh Pit has the occasional asshole, but they aren't as prevalent.[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree about the weapon choices in stimulus, I need to start playing mosh pit.

Hopefully mosh pit will have the same effect for me as I think what helps my K/D is the gametypes switching every match.

how interesting that when i face a clan of 6 they are lag glitching/hacking to were it takes me a whole clip to kill them and them nothing to kill me, AND yet in the previous match i was killinh in 2 BULLETS with the same gun

[quote name='Trakan']I find it to be the opposite. Everyone in Stimulus, at least during the double XP, was using tubes/RPGs and silenced UMPs.

Mosh Pit has the occasional asshole, but they aren't as prevalent.[/QUOTE]

Are silenced UMPs in the same boat as tubes and rpgs? I had no idea I was being such an asshole. :D

I just caved in and bought the stimulus map pack... I shouldve bought when they had the double xp... shame on me.

[quote name='kevlar51']Are silenced UMPs in the same boat as tubes and rpgs? I had no idea I was being such an asshole. :D[/QUOTE]

Eh, it's not exactly the same because the tubes take absolutely zero skill to use, but a full team full of people using the broken UMP really makes the game unfun to play.

[quote name='kevlar51']Are silenced UMPs in the same boat as tubes and rpgs? I had no idea I was being such an asshole. :D[/QUOTE]

It's not. UMP isn't really that different from the other SMGs unless it's combined with stopping power. I almost exclusively use SMGs and haven't noticed much difference between my performance when I switch between them (but I never use stopping power).

If you're having trouble against SMGs you can either use flash/stun around corners and always have a shotgun when going through tight spaces or try to stay at medium/long distance. SMGs are much easier to counter than tubes and rpgs.

[quote name='zewone']Internet, eh?[/QUOTE]

you should have seen it it was bs. i was on that level with that room thats a rectangle and red lighted. the guy runs in and i start blasting him with bullets. he blasts me. i go into final stand and catch him off guard and fire MORE bullets into his chest. then he just finishes me of. and in the killkam his "screen was red for the whole ordeal

not to mention these guy where camping corners and doing the peek nading/shooting to no end

me and my 2 guys that i was partied with won 9 in a row! and i was averaging 19 kills until these guys came along.

it probably was internet.

oh and i want to mention this. in the next match with them my 2 guys left and during the match i killed there top player 4 times in a row. and somehow the match "lagged out" (my team was in lead by 2 kills)

IMO, w/ SP? Close... but not that bad.

IMO, w/o SP? Not so much...

I will admit it usually takes me 2 - 5 hits at almost any range with a silenced UMP backed with SP to kill someone, but I'm not a fan of its fire rate + my reaction time isn't up to snuff yet so any huge kill streaks with it is out of the question. I rarely touch it outside of random urges or need of challenge exp. The Vector however when silenced for now has properly compensated in almost every possible situation and I don't bother with SP as I burn up close to the same amount of ammo per kill regardless. Hardline Pro + Ninja Pro + silenced PP = me going positive in double digits so I can't complain.

i now have a strat. for owning clan knifers. they owned me the previous match but you know that vietnam bunker outdoor level.. well i harrier'd them, stealth bomb them and did countless claymore attacks on them. i also used the heartbeat to find them, it didn't help against commando but it help me prepare for their attacks. (i made three of them quit)

im happy as hell right now because they beat us by 100 the previous match and with my friend we handled them in this one

Finally got that 8-bit Price emblem. That was a PITA.

I have a decent internet connection, but I seemed to be getting killed by lag a lot. I mean, I'll shoot a player several times, but they kill me with 1 or 2 shots. Then in their Killcam, I'm not shooting at all. And they see me way before I see them (even though I shoot immediately).

Frustrating.

Kotaku has a good detailed review on the break-up/lawsuit happening over at AV/IW.

-----

More Infinity Ward Members Depart

After the departures of Jason West and Vince Zampella last month comes even more departures. Lead software engineer Francesco Gigliotti and the Multiplayer lead Todd Alderman have both left the studio. They have both worked at the studio for 7 and 8 years and have been key in the Multiplayer and single player aspects of Infinity Ward's games. Only time will tell if more staff decide to departure from the company, however it is believe that they would lose their rights to unpaid royalties.

Thanks for that Kefka. Who in the flying fuck would want to work for Kotick anyway? Just based on his public statements you can tell he's a imperialist dickwad. I'm sticking with the talent - COD4 and MW2 were some of my favorite games ever...I'm still going back and playing COD4 multiplayer. Wherever the IW boys go, I'll be buying their next game on day 1.

letsa hope they join up with the guys from the closed radical if youa know what i mean
<

played with my guys today and was "living" got so many challenges done like 20 last kills and i even got chopper gunner last kill. was a fun night besides a couple matches where a team decided to roof noob tube (and win) i think i only went negative once in the whole 3 hour party

It's made so much money. You would have to figure MW3 would be right around the corner. I would like to see them do a future war (a la Battlefield 2142). If they do WW1 ot 2 or Vietnam, I would pass on it.

bread's done
Back