Complete list of PSP/minis/PSone games playable on Vita

Announced on the PS Blogcast, these are being added to the Vita's PS Store next week:

PSP
Final Fantasy III

PS1 Classics
Centipede
Missile Command
Pong
Virtual Pool

Did some changes to the PSOne Classics section, including adding the purple hue to the removed games and adding the little mermaid II and turnabout. And some compatibility updates.

Nevermind, apparently people decide to go at their own pace here. ¬¬

Last edited by a moderator:
how do these titles work on the Vita? Do any of the psp titles use the extra features of hte Vita, such as both joysticks?

Some do. For instance, in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, the camera was relegated to the D pad on PSP. The Vita allows the D pad to be mapped to the right analog stick. :)

On another note, what are this week's updates for the Vita in terms of PSP and PSOne games? :whistle2:D

[quote name='gkargreen']how do these titles work on the Vita? Do any of the psp titles use the extra features of hte Vita, such as both joysticks?[/QUOTE]
You can remap all sorts of camera or other control options to the right stick that should cover almost every PSP game that would get use out of it. You can even map up to four buttons to corners of the screen for touch controls if you think it would be useful.

Great list! Thanks so much for putting this together. I'm considering getting a Vita, and this list is invaluable, because most of the games I want to play are PSP, at this time, due to small Vita library.

I hope that there are some new list updates with the new Vita system update today. I hope someone at Konami and the other companies see this thread and realize how much the fans want to play their PSP titles on the Vita's awesome screen.

Does PS3 PS+ content (Minis & PS1 Classics) work on the Vita, or is the content only licensed for use on PS3?

I'm a new Vita owner, so apologies if this question has already been addressed (and I'm sure it has). TIA!

Does anyone know how to get size matters on to the vita if you haven't purchased it yet? I tried to order it from GameStop, but my order got canceled because they are out of the PSN promo codes. I just got a vita on amazon, and now I'm looking for a way to get size matters on it, thanks for the help

You would have to first download the game using your account on a PS3. you can log into your PSN account on a friend's console if you don't have one.

Once it's downloaded you need to plug your Vita into the PS3 and use the Content Manager app on the Vita to install the game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You can remap all sorts of camera or other control options to the right stick that should cover almost every PSP game that would get use out of it. You can even map up to four buttons to corners of the screen for touch controls if you think it would be useful.[/QUOTE]

Anyone try mapping the camera controls in the PSP version of Peace Walker to the Vita's right analog yet? I'd love some impressions, especially since I imagine it would make the game infinitely more enjoyable.

Shame there's no way to make use of the right stick for total camera control in LCS and VCS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I so hope to see import PSP games on the North America PSN!

I so want these import friendly PSP games:
TwinBee Portable
Parodius Portable
Salamander Portable
Star Solider
Tales of Eternia
Breath of Fire III (This one seems to be the only one accessible via Amazon for me.)
Playstation Network Collection Power Pack (Yeah, I doubt these will happen since they're bundles of PSN games. I would just like to have a UMD copy.)
Playstation Network Collection Puzzle Pack (Same as Power Pack. Shame that you can't use U.S. Amazon gift cards outside the U.S. for like Amazon UK, even with a currency converter.)

Has anyone in North America tried MGS Portable Ops yet? Wondering if maybe it works, as of recently.

OK I need to ask this question. How do you know if you have download the game to your PS3 first then to your vita. Thanks.

[quote name='SANSHORYU']And is Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow better with the right stick functionality? :)[/QUOTE]

Yes. it'll need some tweaking but the game has a lot of options

haha, this thread + PSN deals thread are godsend. tagged.

(also, I just realized I hadn't redeemed the PSP games Sony gave away after the PSN debacle)!!!! Feels like winning the lottery. Except it doesn't.

\\:D/

Hi!

I'm not really an active member here. I'm from /r/Vita on Reddit. A lot of people still post this list when people ask about compatibility.

Anyway I went through today and found these:

PSOne
Centipede

[quote name='StarFireLiz']Hi!

I'm not really an active member here. I'm from /r/Vita on Reddit. A lot of people still post this list when people ask about compatibility.

Anyway I went through today and found these:

PSOne
Centipede

[quote name='AwRy108']Anyone try mapping the camera controls in the PSP version of Peace Walker to the Vita's right analog yet? I'd love some impressions, especially since I imagine it would make the game infinitely more enjoyable.

Shame there's no way to make use of the right stick for total camera control in LCS and VCS.[/QUOTE]

It's fantastic. Feels like it was made for it.

Argh! Was gonna get Hero Of Sparta because it's $0.99, but I can't find any YouTube vids of the Vita playing it and I don't see it in the Vita store. I've checked through the PSP games/Minis and did a search. Why is it in green in the OP? I'd figure there'd be, at least, a vid or 10 on it, by now...

I'll do some Googling. Maybe I can get it on my Vita from my PS3.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Argh! Was gonna get Hero Of Sparta because it's $0.99, but I can't find any YouTube vids of the Vita playing it and I don't see it in the Vita store. I've checked through the PSP games/Minis and did a search. Why is it in green in the OP? I'd figure there'd be, at least, a vid or 10 on it, by now...

I'll do some Googling. Maybe I can get it on my Vita from my PS3.[/QUOTE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdh7ATVnkEw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I saw the PSP vids, but no Vita vids. I bought it, anyway, and tried to transfer it from my PS3. No go.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Download it from your download list on the Vita.

[quote name='lewchief']Did it work?[/QUOTE]

I tested it on my Vita before I told them. One thing to note however is that the game must be purchased on a PS3/PSP since it's not available on the Vita PSN store.

bread's done
Back