Complete list of PSP/minis/PSone games playable on Vita

[quote name='lewchief']Did it work?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Hero Of Sparta is ok for 99¢.

N.O.V.A is worth the 99¢, but I say that as an FPS noob. Let's Golf is worth it, too. Good thing Best Buy sells $10 PSN cards!

Wow, no news for a while. I was hoping after Christmas they'd get back to working on the compatibility issue. I still can't play FFV on my Vita. Oh well.

Searching all over, I can't seem to find out a concrete answer but does anyone know for sure whether or not Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice works on the Vita by transferring over from the PS3?

Added to the Vita's PS Store:

PS1 Classics/Imports
Favorite Dear Enkan No Monogatari
First Queen IV
Mahjong Uranai Fortuna Tsuki No Megami Tachi
Motorhead High Velocity Entertainment
Oz No Mahoutsukai Another World Rungrung
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Sentimental Graffiti
Trump Shiyouyo! Fukkoku-Ban

New member here. First off, AWESOME list. Extremely helpful. Hopefully over time Sony will add more games for me/us to buy again.

I do have a question... I noticed that at least two games on the PSP list are not currently available in the Playstation store: After Burner: Black Falcon and Guilty Gear: Judgement. Neither one shows up if I log in via my Vita or my PS3. Does anyone know if they will be made available again, and if not, should the lists above also show that certain titles were available at one time, but not now.

As I'm brand new here, I don't feel comfortable making any edits to the wiki. I do see that the After Burner game is currently in grey, and the Guilty Gear one is in blue.

Thanks all, and again... totally helpful thread!

Not sure if anyone cares, but I downloaded most of the PSP demos to see if any work. So far only 3: Ape Quest, Echochrome, and Locoroco Midnight Carnival

Can any of the psp games be downloaded and played on a ps3? I really don't want to buy a vita just to play some Persona games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There was a sale on them a few months ago. It was only the second time that it's been on sale, I believe.[/QUOTE]

thanks.. not sure what RPG games to buy for the vita

thinking

breath of fire 4 or might change that up for one of the 10.00 Final fantasy games

Man really dont know what to grab LOL

Anyone know if Black Rock Shooter is playing on Vita?

[quote name='slidecage']thanks.. not sure what RPG games to buy for the vita

thinking

breath of fire 4 or might change that up for one of the 10.00 Final fantasy games

Man really dont know what to grab LOL[/QUOTE]

That recent (couple months ago) sale had most FF games at a discount. Sucks for anyone that missed it. I was hoping that FF3 wouldv'e been on sale during that time.. but nope. I'm debating whether I should buy it now at full price ($19.99) or wait til there's a sale. I've got some psp/vita backlog so waiting isn't hurting me atm.

[quote name='itzknickknac']Anyone know if Black Rock Shooter is playing on Vita?
[/QUOTE]

It does indeed work. You can purchase it through the vita shop.

Can anyone explain how to transfer, or synch up game saves from the ps3 to the vita, and vise versa. I do not understand what I should do to accomplish this. The game I'm trying to do this for is, Thomas is alone.

[quote name='bcks007']Can anyone explain how to transfer, or synch up game saves from the ps3 to the vita, and vise versa. I do not understand what I should do to accomplish this. The game I'm trying to do this for is, Thomas is alone.[/QUOTE]
Start up Thomas Was Alone on the platform that you started playing it on and click on the item at the bottom of the main menu that says something like "Cloud Sync". It'll upload the save to the cloud and then you can download the save on the other platform the same way to continue playing from where you left off. Pretty much all of the Cross Save games do it in that sort of way, where you have an additional option besides the normal save to upload it to the cloud for access on the other platform. The process is way different for any of the games that this thread is about.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Start up Thomas Was Alone on the platform that you started playing it on and click on the item at the bottom of the main menu that says something like "Cloud Sync". It'll upload the save to the cloud and then you can download the save on the other platform the same way to continue playing from where you left off. Pretty much all of the Cross Save games do it in that sort of way, where you have an additional option besides the normal save to upload it to the cloud for access on the other platform. The process is way different for any of the games that this thread is about.[/QUOTE]

I've tried that many, many times, back and forth, ps3 to vita, vita to ps3, I must have tried at least 50 times, each way, I even tried being signed out of psn when attempting this, as I read that for the game sound shapes, you had to do this.

You actually have this game on the ps3 and vita, and transfer your saves back and forth?, or are you just guessing how it should work? :(

"It'll upload the save to the cloud and then you can download the save on the other platform the same way to continue playing from where you left off."
Is the cloud different then using psn + cloud saves?, or is it a completely different cloud?
So i get you click on Cloud Sync, then it say's syncing for a brief second or 2, then it says synced. Then what? How do you "download the save" to your vita, I've tried clicking cloud sync again(doesn't work), is there a download section I'm missing? How are you doing the "download the save" part, cause that's the part nobody seems to explain.
I've also tried to manually download the save from the psn + cloud save(using the vita charge cable to the ps3), and It wouldn't show up on the vita. I've never tried uploading my vita save to the psn + cloud yet(through the charge cable), because, I'm trying to get the save to my vita, and not possibly erase the ps3 save file.

What else could it be, either I'm completely stupid and don't see the download que, this game is bugged very bad, (ive had numerous freezes on the ps3, it also has about 10+ level, that will not update your best time on), possibly internet issues with wifi vita, something not set up right, or the darn cloud sync never works, or never works good.(bad programming perhaps)

do most ps1 games look like crap on the vita. got that final fantasy 1 -2 collection and got to say if you do full screen the game is pull so far it blurs the game.... if you go normal the game is so small hits hard to read the text

think im going to stay away from ps1 games on the vita and try to just stick to psp games from now on.

Is Sony still making PSP games work on the PS Vita? I was just wondering if that's something they're still working on or if they just kind of stopped. Ditto for the PS1 games. I haven't really heard anything about new batches of games becoming available since the initial release (for PSP) and since the PS1 drop months back.

Really what I want is for Twisted Metal: Head On and Legend of Dragoon to be available on the Vita (legitimately available, not the PS3 transfer thingy, though I'd settle for that for now with Twisted Metal: Head On, and have already used it for Legend of Dragoon).

are those typos on the  psn store  are is  FF 8 and 9  really  1.5  and  1.8 gb....

cant belive these games are as big as uncharted  for the vita 

Just read somewhere that Crash Bandicoot 2 and Crash Team Racing transfer to Vita. Testing this out. Anyone else, check the Crash's and Spyro's to see if they work?

I miss my PS1 days. :oldman:    Tekken 3 with my friends was a blast. To those who loved Tekken 3:    A big  :grouphug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Command and Conquer: Red Alert and Command and Conquer: Red Alert Retaliation I have successfully downloaded to Vita via the PS3 route.

Hans

By the way, there's a formatting error somewhere in the OP. Right after Beam'em Up the formatting tags start showing up in the post instead of, y'know, formatting the text.

Hans

Hi could someone confirm if the PSP Crash Bandicoot games are Vita compatible? Someone at the US PS Forums mentioned the 2nd game is Vita compatible which I assume requires transferring from the PS3:

community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Do-the-PSP-Crash-Bandicoot-games-work-on-the-PS-Vita/m-p/39648617

Furthermore, the PSX section requires its codes to be fixed.

Finally any more PSP or PSX games were discovered to now be Vita compatible?

Slow loading times between menus but nothing game breaking. You'd be best to just get the NDS ver. of the game or the original SNES ver.

FYI, Afterburner:  Black Falcon does work if downloaded from a PS3.  So if someone wants to change it from grey to blue.....

Still no sign of Guilty Gear:  Judgement being put back in the store.  Few other titles I'd like to see that probably will never be added, like the much forgotten Bountyhounds.

Got the PM and the initial post should now be a Wiki. I swear I thought that it was already a Wiki when I started the thread but it looks like that got changed when the site went to 3.0.

If it still isn't a Wiki, please let me know and I'll try to see what's going on.

OK I updated the first post with what games are Vita compatible, now if I made a mistake somewhere you can fix it or just let me know.

There'll be a 4th list, with this one focusing on EU PSN compatible Vita games, as well as listing what games are NOT Vita compatible on EU PSN.

Corpse Party: Book of Shadow won't show up on the PS3 when you want to transfer it to the Vita, but for some reason you can download the game straight from your Vita.

bread's done
Back