Complete list of PSP/minis/PSone games playable on Vita

It was announced on the PS Blogcast that these games will be added to the Vita's PS Store next Tuesday:

PSP
Beaterator
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Minis
Canabalt
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrim
Velocity

These games have been added to the Vita's PS Store:

PSP
Beaterator
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Resistance: Retribution

Minis
Canabalt
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims
Velocity

Still a no for me on Phantasy Star Portable 2, Fat Princess, Twisted Metal Head On, Motorstorm Arctic, and ModNation Racers PSP. If others are truly able to play PSP2, I'm going to change to color to match if nobody has already.

EDIT: Well, maybe not. I guess we don't have the "Works for some" color anymore.

I can add that Wizorb and Ape Quest's demo/starter pack work via transfer. I'd guess that if you bought the game packs for Ape Quest, they'd also work with it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']These games have been added to the Vita's PS Store:

PSP
Resistance: Retribution
[/QUOTE]

Finally! But there's a note on the store that says that multiplayer is not included, which would explain why it took so long to come out after being in the Euro store the whole time.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I can add that Wizorb and Ape Quest's demo/starter pack work via transfer. I'd guess that if you bought the game packs for Ape Quest, they'd also work with it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the update I really wanted this one for the Vita but Tuesday I logged in to the PSN store on my Vita and could not get it. I read your post and went on the PSN store on PS3 but it is down for maintenance. Is something trying to make me not buy this. It looks great for a portable game.

They announced on the new PS Blogcast that these games will be added to the Vita's PS Store this week:

PSP
Gungnir
Manhunt 2
Unchained Blades

They also mentioned that Growlanger: Wayfarer of Time should be playable via PS3 transfer.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They announced on the new PS Blogcast that these games will be added to the Vita's PS Store this week:

PSP
Gungnir
Manhunt 2
Unchained Blades

They also mentioned that Growlanger: Wayfarer of Time should be playable via PS3 transfer.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I've been wanting to replay Manhunt 2! :D

[quote name='jeremybristol1959']"And seeing that Phantasy Star Portable 2 works"

Okay, so how is it done? It doesnt work on mine.[/QUOTE]
That's because it's been disabled from being visible by CMA. I doubt it's any more complex than a simple I/O switch that Sony can use to cut us off from being able to play certain games in the same regard that Android developers can go into their dev. console and disable certain phones from being able to access certain software.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQG__C4fUI0

As it is, the only way to play Phantasy Star Portable 2 on a Vita is to go back in time... and grab it off the European PSN.

About a month after having multiple people confirm the EU version was transfer-able, it was removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably not a real big priority but I wish they would get Pac-Man Championship Edition (Mini) running on the Vita. Has anyone tried it more recently?

So then it's either a licensing issue (Sega's releasing PSO2 next year and wants us to play that version rather than this hacked version that they pulled from the online store months before the vita was released, which I'm okay with, I just wish someone would say so) or it's an exploit issue (like with other hacked games like Motorstorm Arctic, it won't come out until the exploits are fixed). I've repeatedly brought this issue up with the people at Sony's tech site, and not one of them will admit why it hasn't come out, and for months have said precisely the same thing (we're sorry about your frustration, we are constantly bringing out new games, blah blah blah). Anyway, that explains why some have been able to play it. Thanks.

Seriously, now, where's the PS1 Vita update?

EDIT: It was just announced that it's coming 8/28!

Last edited by a moderator:
They announced on the last PS Blogcast that these games are being added to the Vita's PS Store this week:

PSP
MLB 2K12
Susume Tactics

Minis
Kaleidoscope

[quote name='Bullwinkle']Seriously, now, where's the PS1 Vita update?

EDIT: It was just announced that it's coming 8/28![/QUOTE]

Only a few games to begin with...

[quote name='SANSHORYU']Only a few games to begin with...[/QUOTE]

Ill probably end up buying whatever games i don't have and are playable out of the gate, Such as Tomb Raider. For shame...

I've heard conflicting reports on whether the firmware update will allow only 10 games or every game, with IGN sure that every game will be available and most everyone else saying we'll only get the ten. Personally, considering how long we've waited for it, it ought to be all of them at once.

[quote name='jeremybristol1959']I've heard conflicting reports on whether the firmware update will allow only 10 games or every game, with IGN sure that every game will be available and most everyone else saying we'll only get the ten. Personally, considering how long we've waited for it, it ought to be all of them at once.[/QUOTE]

Final fantasy 7-9, FTW. If those three don't make it, oh the Sony nerd rage the internet will endure. Might have to take a break from the.internet and listen to something more sensible, like politicians.

Well, in the last couple of days, the gaming news sites are saying "more than 100," which I guess is a confirmation that all of them will be made available.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']Also anyone know the best star wars Battlefront on the PSP?[/QUOTE]

I liked the 2nd one, Renegade Squadron, the best because of the mix of Solo story and simplified controls that made the game more fun to play. Unfortunately, this one doesn't work on the Vita, at least not yet. The other two are fun as well, but you'll need to do a PS3 transfer to install them.

Battlefront II is ugly and old-looking, but the dual-stick layout really works on the Vita, making it a whole new game IMHO. There's no internet multiplayer but otherwise, this is very similar to the version released on PS2.

Elite Squadron is more geared towards the PSP, including a different (from Renegade) set of simplified controls, and I like the way you can fly from space to the surface and back again. The missions are less varied and the controls don't map as well to the dual sticks as SWBFII did. Internet multiplayer still works.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/27/ps-vita-system-software-update-v1-80-take-the-tour-2/

Walkthrough video of 1.80 and some details on PS1 support:
As most of you know we are releasing a pretty hefty System Software Update (v1.80) for PlayStation Vita (PS Vita), which will enhance your experience and also allow you to play PSone Classics on your device.

Before the update becomes available, I wanted to take the opportunity to walk you through some of the highlighted changes and give you a sneak preview of what you can expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPJyUta3RRA

PSone Classics

We are working hard to ensure that all of your favorite PS one Classics titles will be available for download directly on your PS Vita via PlayStation Store (PS Store) as soon as possible.

Here is a list of PSone Classics titles that will be available for download on 8/28:

Arc the Lad
Cool Boarders 2
FINAL FANTASY VII
Hot Shots Golf 2
Jet Moto
Syphon Filter
Tomb Raider
Twisted Metal 2
Wild Arms

For those of you who have already purchased these titles, you will be able to re-download those games directly from your PS Store account or transfer them to your PS Vita directly from your PS3 at no extra charge.

I hope you enjoyed the video; for any additional information on PS Vita System Software Update v1.80, please visit this page when the update goes live.

As always, we appreciate and look forward to your feedback and questions below.
They're doing phased rollouts of PS1 games every week.

With the PSone titles now going the phased rollout mode just like the PSP/minis, do you guys think it'll be best if we modify the list to reflect the status of PSone titles also or should we make a separate thread for that instead?

EDIT: Looking at my download list, it looks like I can't download the games I bought from that list of available PSone titles just yet. However, I can download Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness. I just need to get a bigger memory card before I can start checking out my PSone collection against this firmware.

I can confirm at the moment that these are transferrable to Vita from a PS3:

Castlevania Chronicles
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Destruction Derby
Money Idol Exchanger

Not working at the moment:

Crash Bandicoot 2
CTR: Crash Team Racing

Spyro 1 ,2 ,3 do not work
Crash 1,2,3, racing do not work

Um Jammer lammy works from PS3
Hot shots golf 2 works From PS3

Arcade Hits: Shienryu
Arc the Lad 1
Blockids
Breath of Fire IV
Cyberbots
Destruction Derby
Dezaemon Kids!
Dezaemon Plus
Dino Crisis
Front Mission 3
Gaiaseed
Galaxy Fight M
Hot shots golf 2
King of the Fighters ‘99
Mega Man 1, 2, and 3
Metal Gear Solid
Money Idol Exchanger
Parasite Eve
Rayman
Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3
Shienryu
Silent Hill
Sonic Wings Special
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Tall Unlimited
Um Jammer lammy
Vagrant Story
Vanguard Bandits
Xenogears

All work via transfer from PS3

Cho Aniki was confirmed working by Joystiq. I'm still in the process of downloading all of my PSone games so I'll have my results soon. In the meantime, I'll try to update the list with Jetup's findings.

BTW, if I haven't said this before, a big thank you to everyone who's been updating the thread with their results, especially FriskyTanuki who's been pretty much the caretaker of this thread. All I wanted from this was to have a thread that would be as helpful to people as SynGamer's Xbox 360 HDD install thread and I'm glad that it's doing its job so far.

Chrono Cross and Legend of Mana do *NOT* work either way
Getting conflicted reports about Chrono Trigger

My PS3 is in hock right now, so right now I can only re-download using the download list. I can get Mega Man 1-4 and Castlevania Chronicles. It's probably too early to panic about this, since the store hasn't been updated yet (won't until Tuesday afternoon), but I thought we were done with this waiting business. Another phased roll-out? What the hell?

Edit: The PS3 transfer list includes some of the great RPGs I've been waiting for (no word on FFVI?), so as soon as I get my PS3 out of hock, I'll be ready to wait a month or two for some of the other games.

"BTW, if I haven't said this before, a big thank you to everyone who's been updating the thread with their results, especially FriskyTanuki who's been pretty much the caretaker of this thread."

Here, here.

[quote name='jeremybristol1959']My PS3 is in hock right now, so right now I can only re-download using the download list. I can get Mega Man 1-4 and Castlevania Chronicles. It's probably too early to panic about this, since the store hasn't been updated yet (won't until Tuesday afternoon), but I thought we were done with this waiting business. Another phased roll-out? What the hell?

Edit: The PS3 transfer list includes some of the great RPGs I've been waiting for (no word on FFVI?), so as soon as I get my PS3 out of hock, I'll be ready to wait a month or two for some of the other games.[/QUOTE]

Colored even more games, FF8, RE2, RE3. FF6 is on my to-check list.

PSP games on PSN store don't have online functionality. I wish I knew this before buying.I hope devs start publishing their games as PS Vita games instead of PSP.

I just transferred over all of my PSOne classic games from my PS3 and I can confirm that all of these games work!

-Dino Crisis
-Dino Crisis 2
-Final Fantasy Tactics
-Final Fantasy Origins
-Final Fantasy VI
-Final Fantasy VII
-Final Fantasy VIII
-Final Fantasy IX
-Metal Gear Solid
-Parasite Eve
-Parasite Eve 2
-Resident Evil: Director's Cut
-Resident Evil 2
-Street Fighter Alpha 3

The only game that I wasn't able to transfer over was Final Fantasy V. :(

[quote name='Thaster']I just transferred over all of my PSOne classic games from my PS3 and I can confirm that all of these games work!

-Dino Crisis
-Dino Crisis 2
-Final Fantasy Tactics
-Final Fantasy Origins
-Final Fantasy VI
-Final Fantasy VII
-Final Fantasy VIII
-Final Fantasy IX
-Metal Gear Solid
-Parasite Eve
-Parasite Eve 2
-Resident Evil: Director's Cut
-Resident Evil 2
-Street Fighter Alpha 3

The only game that I wasn't able to transfer over was Final Fantasy V. :([/QUOTE]

Blued your games. ALso marked Final Fantasy V as red.

Just finished downloading my PSone collection to my Vita now that I got another 32GB card specifically for this purpose. The master list will be updated in a few minutes with the following unreported titles:

RED
-Arcade Hits: Magical Drop
-Bloody Roar 2
-Bloody Roar
-Disney's Lilo & Stitch
-Grandia
-Legend of Mana
-Medal of Honor
-Medal of Honor Underground

BLUE
-Alundra
-Jumping Flash! 2