Conference watch: Nintendo JPN Fall 2007 Conference (DS DEMO CHANNEL, SONIC IN SMASH)

[quote name='evilmax17']FF:CC Wii Ware game:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/littleking/

03.jpg

Looks like it will be 1,500 Wii points. There's a screenshot on the website, looks like FF:CC for the cube.

15yvvys.jpg
[/quote]
With visuals like that the Wii is going to need some kind of external storage.

Woweeping up with the Japanese blog until now. This is some pretty amazing stuff here, and is really going to help cement Nintendo's lead in Japan.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Though I'm not a big Viewtiful Joe fan, he would be a perfect fit in Brawl.[/QUOTE]
Yup after playing Red Hot Rumble I can totally see him fit in.

And IIRC, with the Mario Kart bike announcement, didn't Toad or someone have a pseudo-tricycle/bike thing on the DS? I'm too lazy to look.

MY HEAD ASPLODE.

Finally some evidence Nintendo hasn't completely lost touch with gaming.

EDIT: I would have been surprised if Sonic wasn't in Brawl, but Monster Hunter 3?!?! Holy shit.

[quote name='Strell']Is this shit real?

I don't think this shit is real.

fuck you guys for fucking with me.

I'm going to go play Metroid, and when I get back, this shit had better not be here.[/QUOTE]

Oh god dammit.

This shit is still here.

SONIC EVEN HAS CHEESY GUITAR MUSIC.

Awwww fuck.

Oh god he even goes Super Saiyain Vegeta Sonic.

I will admit this:

I totally have to give it up for including original Genesis sound effects.

That is something everyone can enjoy.

I really, really hope they use Sonic to his full advantage as far as recapturing the magic of yesteryear/nostalgia. I want his stage to be something old school, not out of a recent stage. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't cop out with Green Hill Zone although it wouldn't be too horrible if they did.

[quote name='evilmax17']Conference over.

Supposedly there's a NA conference tomorrow/today.[/QUOTE]
Hope so, the WiiWare games make me glad I have some points in my account, since I was wondering what I'd do with them. Definitely gonna add my leftover points I have since I'll use them sooner or later.

What the hell? You go to bed and when you wake up..crazy things happen!

This is some great news. Wow. Though Motorcycles in Mario Kart? Hmm. Well, I guess it's worth a shot, :lol:

FINALLY A DS DEMO CHANNEL :applause:

So what's the actual point of the Pokemon Farm? If it's just uploading your Pokemon onto TV..and feeding them carrots and shit..this better be free.

[quote name='lilboo']
So what's the actual point of the Pokemon Farm? If it's just uploading your Pokemon onto TV..and feeding them carrots and shit..this better be free.[/QUOTE]

This actually made me LOL :lol:

I'm hoping for a few Sonic stages in Brawl now. Green Hill Zone is a shoo-in, but something like Chemical Plant Zone or, dare I say it, HILLTOP ZONE could be incredible. (Hilltop Zone has the best music in any Sonic game EVER)

[quote name='Gameboy415']This actually made me LOL :lol:

I'm hoping for a few Sonic stages in Brawl now. Green Hill Zone is a shoo-in, but something like Chemical Plant Zone or, dare I say it, HILLTOP ZONE could be incredible. (Hilltop Zone has the best music in any Sonic game EVER)[/QUOTE]

LOL, but I hate when they say things & don't give some details about it. I have Pearl, so this channel does interest me. However, if it costs points and it's only to put your Pokemon on your TV just to do Harvest Moon things to it..like groom, feed, play, etc..then.. feh. But potentially, this could be an awesome channel done right. Plus I wonder if it'll be DS graphics, OR if it'll use Pokemon Battle revolution graphics.. hmm.

I'm SURE there will be at least 1 Sonic stage in brawl. Most likely only 1, but still. Makes me wonder if other Sonic characters will at least make appearances in the backround, OR as some kind of interference in the stage? Maybe even some as assist trophies?

SSBB no doubt will be delayed in the U.S. also. Nintendo will get a pass if they say it is to add online play or make it better as requested by gamers.

Great news. I can't wait for the DS demo channel. That'll be great. There's also an update for the Wii today.

This is kinda mind-boggling. Is this the one instance of people dampening their expectations for a Nintendo conference, only to be blown away? Reading the GoNintendo post, I thought most of it was made up.

Fire Emblem DS
Mario Baseball Wii
Dr. Mario: Wii Ware
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Little King and the Promise Country (online play?): Wii Ware
DS DEMO DOWNLOAD CHANNEL
Wii "recommendation" channel: vote on games, and search by user reviews
Mario Kart Wii: Spring 2008 - has motorcycles - steering wheel attachment packed in
SSBB online co-op
Hudson Wii Ware: Star Soldier R / SHT / Spring 2008
Hudson Wii Ware: Bomberman / ACT / Spring 2008
All awesome shit.

Wow some sweet news there.

Its funny to see Brawl retail used at like $40 or more at Gamestop still after all these years. Looking forward to a few things...

[quote name='lilboo']So what's the actual point of the Pokemon Farm? If it's just uploading your Pokemon onto TV..and feeding them carrots and shit..this better be free.[/QUOTE]
pokemonfarm.jpg

Well no real info, except it looks like shit. N64 Pokemon models look nicer. At least we know it uses your Mii. And a clock.

I can understand how it looks very N64..but look at the Pokemon. They don't look BAD, they are made to have that .. Mii.. look. I can't explain it, but I think you know what I mean.

If anything, this is probably like Pokemon Box meets Mii Plaza

So I wonder how big the Wii Ware games are going to be. I have little doubt that Crystal Chronicles is going to basically require additional storage, because I'm sure it'll take up the better part of the 512 megs of built-in memory.

[quote name='botticus']Does anyone happen to know when the US conference is going on?

Pic of the WiiWare FFCC
wws03.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So how many blocks will THAT BE?!?
.......And the 512 is supposed to be enough?!

Dear GOD I hope they let us expand with SD cards. P P P P P PLLLEASE!!

I smell HDD support.

The Wii dev units have harddrives inside don't they?
And the shell is the same as the retail units.

wiis10_cart.jpg

It's like PGR4, haha.

Here's some more screens of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Little King and the Promised Land (LONGEST fuckING NAME EVER):
e0jk2.jpg

5jc4.jpg
6fag.jpg

gea6.jpg
20n58.jpg

Mario Kart look terrible in that screenshot.

Max weight is 300lbs for Wii Fit.
How many of you out of the running? ;)

If the SSB series were being dismantled the way MK appears to be with the Wii release, this space wouldn't hear the end of it. Motorcycles in MK takes the "kart" right out of it. The rumored exclusion of GC control and the recent updates (motorcyclin' and stunt jumpin') suggests that MK purists are in for a bumpy ride.

Otherwise an awesome update from Nintendo. Still can't get over Sonic in SSBB. Now that it's been announced, I can't imagine how I ever suspected he wouldn't be included, even though yesterday I'd have gladly offered 2:1 odds on Sonic's appearance. Happy nobody took me up on that or I'd be broke.

I'm interested in more details on the Wii Ware FFCC thing. If it requires a bunch of additional local hardware like the GC version for co-op, to hell with it. If it allows online co-op, that will be the balls.

Yeah, Mario Kart is looking more and more like a game I'll pass on. Possible delay on smash bros is sucky as well, as it's the only other 2007 game (after Mario Galaxy) that's a day one purchase for me.

Odds of selling my Wii after beating Mario and seeing prices on Craig's List jump up for the holidays are rapidly increasing.

[quote name='dothog']If the SSB series were being dismantled the way MK appears to be with the Wii release, this space wouldn't hear the end of it. Motorcycles in MK takes the "kart" right out of it. The rumored exclusion of GC control and the recent updates (motorcyclin' and stunt jumpin') suggests that MK purists are in for a bumpy ride..[/quote]GOOD.

Series has been stale for a while.

Guess I'm not sure what the big deal is about motorcycles. It's a lot closer to a "kart" than Wario's sedan or the baby strollers from Double Dash.

[quote name='botticus']Guess I'm not sure what the big deal is about motorcycles. It's a lot closer to a "kart" than Wario's sedan or the baby strollers from Double Dash.[/QUOTE]
2 Wheels vs. 4 Wheels. Granted there were some that broke the mold in DS but they were so-called extras.

I understand people think the game is "stale," but then so is fighting in Smash Bros. and jumping in Super Mario. I propose arm wrestling for the former and goomba slapping for the latter.

Believe it or not there's a community of karters who admire the controls of the recent versions, MKDD especially, and feel they extend the game beyond multiplayer races and make time trialing a rewarding pasttime. The ill-advised second racer in MKDD thankfully didn't jeopardize that control--my concern is that the game control won't be preserved in MK Wii with all the new stuff tossed in (cycles, stunts, and most importantly motion control).

I guess there's always KartRider, though it doesn't control nearly as well as MKDD.

bread's done
Back