Contest (CAG Foreplay #25): Win Capcom Swag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo-ho-ho pack: Zack & Wiki is the best game released this decade.

Objection! pack: Who doesn't love Phoenix Wright?

In order:

Xbox pack: 1600 LIVE point card

I should win the Xbox pack because I gave away all my point cards as gifts or sold them to fellow cags, and now still haven't purchased a single arcade game yet :(

Zombies! pack: Revive, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition game guide

I should win the Zombie pack because I haven't seen that Revive energy drink in any stores around me. And it says it's made by the Umbrella corp. Which is frickin' awesome.

Awesome! pack: Monster Hunter "My Pet Poogie" WATERMELON PIG plushie, Lost Planet Collector's laser matte print w/ certificate of authenticity

I should win the Awesome pack because I have a place on my wall itching for that plaque.

I should win all these packs because I actually took the time to write out reasons for all of them, instead of being cheap like the other CAGs and using just one reason for all of them.

Yo-ho-ho! pack: Stickers, holographic puzzle, and stress squishy treasure chest
Objection! pack: Phoenix Wright keychain plushie, Mega Man buster pen
Awesome! pack: Monster Hunter "My Pet Poogie" WATERMELON PIG plushie, Lost Planet Collector's laser matte print w/ certificate of authenticity

I'd like to win the Wii RE quide because I bought MYSELF that game for Christmas. lol Gotta share the wealth ya know...even if it's with yourself. ;)

Zombies! pack
Xbox Pack
Awesome! pack
Yo-ho-ho! pack
Objection! pack

I want the RE4 pack the most because I don't know what the hell the Revive canister is, and if it's an energy drink... I'll drink it.

Xbox pack: 1600 LIVE point card - I would like this to buy some of the new Xbox arcade greatest hits. 1600 points now would go a long way on the arcade!

Zombies! pack: Revive, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition game guide: I am going to pick up Resident Evil 4 Wii once it drops in price. The original was awesome and I would love to check out the guide to unlock all the bonus content

Yo-ho-ho! pack: Stickers, holographic puzzle, and stress squishy treasure chest - I would put the stickers on my video tape cabinet that has a million other game stickers and I would give the squishy treasure chest to my dog to eat.

Objection! pack: Phoenix Wright keychain plushie, Mega Man buster pen- I would really like the Mega Man buster pen. I have been a Mega Man fan since mega man 3 and the pen would just solidify my geekiness

Awesome! pack: Monster Hunter "My Pet Poogie" WATERMELON PIG plushie, Lost Planet Collector's laser matte print w/ certificate of authenticity - I would put the pushie on my desk at work and probably display the Lost Planet matte print with my other game collection downstairs in the dungeon.

1. [FONT=&quot]Xbox pack: 1600 LIVE point card[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Zombies! pack: Revive, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition game guide[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Objection! pack: Phoenix Wright keychain plushie, Mega Man buster pen[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Yo-ho-ho! pack: Stickers, holographic puzzle, and stress squishy treasure chest[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]Awesome! pack: Monster Hunter "My Pet Poogie" WATERMELON PIG plushie, Lost Planet Collector's laser matte print w/ certificate of authenticity[/FONT]
I want the points, because to me it's the best value. Then I rest of the order is because I couldn't think of anything else.

Thanks Justme8800 and the Shipwrecks!

Objection!
Awesome!
Zombies!
Yo-ho-ho!
Xbox (where's the explanation point?)

Must... Have... Plushie... !!

EDIT (to meet Justme's qualifications):

Objection! My answer is enough as it is! But just in case...

Objection! - Having Mr. Wright on my backpack and Rockman as the utensil of my studies would be yet another confirmation that I'm a nerd :mrgreen:

Awesome! - Who could possibly reject a squishy watermelon/pig AND the shiny goodness of Lost Planet? The second confirmation that I am a nerd (like anybody hadn't seen that one coming though, lol).

Zombies! - Always loved the series, but... wha? I HAVE NO RE MERCHANDISE?! This would certainly be a good start!

Yo-ho-ho! - Okay, let's be honest, I haven't played Zach & Wiki yet... But I assure you I will! And besides, what better incentive to play the game when you have stickers over everything you own?!

Xbox - Honesty, okay, let's stick with that. If I win this... Well, I thank you, but I don't need it... Please pass it on to the next person.

1. Zombies! pack - Just finished RE4 and am looking at playing it again, so the guide would help finding everything.

2. Yo-ho-ho! pack - Bought the game, but haven't played it much. Maybe this will help.

3. Objection! pack - Because I missed out :whistle2:(

1)Xbox Pack - Can never have enough points
2)Zombies! Pack - Who doesn't love zombies?
3)Awesome! Pack - Looks awesome!
4)Objection! Pack
5)Yo ho ho! Pack

Xbox Pack (Becuase my roommate needs some points!)
Phoenix Wright (Because we need more games that involve sexy, undead lawyers)

I just want to remind some people to put reasons for each of the packs they want to win. It can be anything as simple as "because it looks cool" or as elaborate as you like. But just posting an order without any reason doesn't quite cut it. It's not too late to edit your posts, and that's fine, just do it before the contest is over. For example:

[quote name='b0r9k1n9']Xbox pack
Objection! pack
Awesome! pack
Zombies! pack
Yo-ho-ho! pack

Better lucky than good![/quote] Huh? This doesn't really count.

[quote name='coolpapa']Xbox pack
Objection! pack
Awesome! pack
Zombies! pack
Yo-ho-ho! pack

^ Order of preference. Xbox pack gets my top vote because I want to pick up an arcade hit or two in the near future[/quote] He gave a reason for the Xbox pack, so he's entered in that, but no reasons for the rest...

[quote name='eau']Zombies! pack
Awesome! pack
Objection! pack
Xbox pack

I need some Capcom love...[/quote] This just barely counts, since all the prizes are Capcom related (they were given to me by Capcom), but you can do better than that.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Xbox Pack - Halo Map Pack coming! Must also buy David Bowie songs!
Yo-ho-ho Pack - Because a squishy treasure chest would help me chill out at work
Zombies
Objection
Awesome[/quote] This guy gets entered into the Xbox and Yohoho packs, but he sorta forgot to finish his post?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Xbox pack
Zombies! pack[/quote] OK, really now.

Anyways, you get the idea. For some examples of how to do it right, see these:

[quote name='Hibikitour']Awesome! pack Because it is awesome!
Xbox pack Points are always useful.
Zombies! pack Zombies ate my guide.
Yo-ho-ho! pack I already have a bottle of rum.
Objection! pack Over ruled!

Please and thank you![/quote] XD at eating zombies! Thanks, that cracked me up.

[quote name='die138']I want the street fighter shirt. I'm a huge street fighter fan (awaiting the HD remake) and I would love the shirt!!! Even though it's not in the contest, I had to try...it looks awesome.:pray:

-top of my list. huge fans of both games. the pen's great and my Gamestop "ran out" of plushies. they "runout" of preorder bonus all the time:bomb:

-just got rock band and all that DLC is expensive or new halo maps...damn microtransactions:bomb:

-i mainly just want the drink, it's just cool. strategy guide? are you saying i suck at games:bomb:

Yo-ho-ho! pack: Stickers, holographic puzzle, and stress squishy treasure chest
-i just got a wii for Z&W as well as mario and i had to make the horrible choice of picking one over the other. Z&W lost but i'll pick it up later. damn mario galaxy hype:bomb:

Awesome! pack: Monster Hunter "My Pet Poogie" WATERMELON PIG plushie,
Lost Planet Collector's laser matte print w/ certificate of authenticity
-i hate monster hunter and lost planet...the fuss about those 2 titles confuses me. on the other hand, i know someone who's a fan of monster hunter, and he LOVES (i'm not kidding) lost planet. so he'll be the one who gets this stuff. i'm kinda embarassed that he's such a big fan of mediocrity. oh yeah, the person with the horrible taste in games is my brother:bomb:

p.s. i'm still eyeballing that shirt.:shock::drool:[/quote]
Excellent post, good sir. So excellent, in fact, that you win the secret contest! Well, the secret one I came up with just now soley for you to win because of an awesome post. The reason the shirt wasn't up for grabs is that I've already worn it a couple times, but if you don't mind that, I'll send it to you (it's washed and all). All you have to do is read this post and PM me!

I wonder if I've got any more secret contests? Maybe...

[quote name='wolfwood2x']* Objection pack
* yo-ho-ho pack
* Awesome pack

I want to win these because I have a stressful thankless job and I have never won anything. The last 3 years my company has had a raffle for prizes like a wii and a 360 and I was 1 number off winning both. Close but no cigar. Take pity on a Sys Admin / Software engineer and hook me up with some loot.[/quote]
Interesting story, thanks for sharing! The reason doesn't necessarily have to do directly with the prize (though that helps), just with why you want to win it.

[quote name='Robjus']
Yo ho ho! Pack-because my little boy loves to watch me play the Zak and Wiki game and like all children he loves to put stickers in places they don't belong

or

The Xbox pack because points are always handy, even if none of the arcade games have been good lately.

Thanks Shipwrecks

[/quote]
Yeah, kids would love these stickers! Thanks, Shipwrecks! :whistle2:|

[quote name='PyroGamer']In order:

I should win the Xbox pack because I gave away all my point cards as gifts or sold them to fellow cags, and now still haven't purchased a single arcade game yet :(

I should win the Zombie pack because I haven't seen that Revive energy drink in any stores around me. And it says it's made by the Umbrella corp. Which is frickin' awesome.

I should win the Awesome pack because I have a place on my wall itching for that plaque.

I should win all these packs because I actually took the time to write out reasons for all of them, instead of being cheap like the other CAGs and using just one reason for all of them.[/quote]

Nice post, I agree, you should win! We'll see if the random number generator agrees with us. >.>

To everyone who said thanks, you're welcome! I don't have much money, so I'm glad I got this chance to share the love. Merry Xmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year, and/or Happy Birthday. Happy Holidays in general, you get my point!

Good luck,
~Justme8800

I'd like the Objection! Pack, because I was denied pre-order swag by GS once again. (I never got the stylus for pre-ordering PWAA:JFA, either.) Phoenix Wright is also my newest Capcom fave; Mega Man is my oldest.

Thanks for the opportunity, Justme! Oh, and to continue where you left off, Happy Kwanzaa! :)

Xbox pack -because I want Sensible World of Soccer when it comes out and I am broke
Zombies pack
Awesome! pack
Objection pack
Yo-ho-ho! pack

Xbox Pack - Because I spent alot of time playing Puzzle Quest on PSP, and I really wanna play against competition online, and if I won this pack I would definitely do it
Awesome Pack - Uhm. It's awesome. Isn't that sorta self explanatory?
Yo ho ho Pack - Whenever I get frustrated playing Zack and Wiki, I would be able to look at my squishy treasure chest and it would motivate me to keep trying. Wiimote accident averted.
Objection Pack - You can't go wrong with Phoenix Wright
Zombies Pack - ZAMN I love zombies

[quote name='Phoenix Audubon']Thanks for the opportunity, Justme! Oh, and to continue where you left off, Happy Kwanzaa! :)[/quote]
Yes, Happy Kwanzaa too! I knew I forgot something.

[quote name='darbyjones']Xbox pack -because I want Sensible World of Soccer when it comes out and I am broke
Zombies pack
Awesome! pack
Objection pack
Yo-ho-ho! pack[/quote]
#-o

~Justme8800

Xbox pack because who couldn't use more points?

Objection! pack because phoenix wright is awesome and who doesn't need another reason to yell objection at people?

Awesome! pack because I actually liked lost planet and it would be cool to have laser print of it

Yo-ho-ho! pack because I could always use more stickers

The Yo Ho Ho! pack because you can never have enough Zack and Wiki swag!

The Objection! pack also for the awesome Megaman pen and Pheonix wright

Xbox Pack
because I'm new to xbox live and need to become more addicted to the achievement system

Yo ho ho Pack
because pirates

Objection Pack
because you can't go wrong with mega man

Awesome Pack
becaues my mom loves piggies

Justme8800, you rock! Not that I don't love me the Shipwrecks.

As for the prizes, I'd love to get the Microsoft points card so that I can get Arkadian Warriors and Omega 5 when they come out.

Xbox pack
Yo-ho-ho! pack
Awesome! pack
Zombies! pack
Objection! pack

1.) Xbox pack
2.) Objection! pack
3.) Yo-ho-ho! pack
4.) Zombies! pack
5.) Awesome! pack

I'd like to win the Xbox pack in particular because I can't afford several of the XBLA games that I want at the moment. Thanks for the contest! :)

1) Objection! pack - because I'm a Phoenix Wright & Megaman fan and I dont have that plush

2) Yo-ho-ho! pack - I have the Z&W Puzzle, but not the stickers or the plush

3) Zombies! pack - I needs that can of Revive for the RE collection

4) Awesome! pack - Not my first choice, but I could always use more collectible items

5) XBOX pack - I'll take it if its the only thing left >_>

Woo-hoo.

I'd like the Xbox pack, and the Zombies Pack.

Why? Because I have a Wii stashed in my basement for the wife and I to open on Christmas morning, and a copy of RE4 to go with it - the zombies pack would go nicely with that, and the xbox pack will go towards more Rock Band songs for family band practice that has become the stock Sunday activity at Jonman Towers.

I need to win

Xbox pack
Yo-ho-ho! pack
Awesome! pack
Zombies! pack
Objection! pack

because I need to win SOMETHING from these damn contests....

Objection Pack

My brother once said "I am used to dissapointment, I'm a Megaman fan." He has just about every Megaman game known to man and If I win the Buster pen, it's going straight to him.

Xbox pack - I'll be buying a 360 soon and will need the points!
Awesome! pack - The watermellon pig is awesome! Plus the book looks nice.
Zombies! pack - RE4 is one of my favorite games, and I could use a guide.
Yo-ho-ho! pack - I love pirate stuff. I have Zack and Wiki (the game) too, so this would go along with it.
Objection! pack - I didn't pre-order PR, so I didn't get the keychain. Looks cool.

Thanks for the contest, Shipwrecks.

Xbox pack - My top pick, I'm running low on points because of Rock Band and could always use some extra points for it!

Zombies! pack - I haven't gone through my copy of RE4 Wii yet, so the guide would be nice if I ever get stuck.

Yo-ho-ho! pack - Zack And Wiki is one of my favorite Wii games. The squishy treasure chest would come in handy for stress and the puzzle looks cool.

Awesome! pack - The watermelon pig would be funny to show friends and the Lost Planet book looks pretty good.

1. Zombies! Pack - Because I love RE series
2. Yo-ho-ho! Pack - Zack and Wiki is the best arguement for Wii control to-date
3. Xbox pack - How can you turn down points

Xbox Pack - Just bought a 360, I need some XBLA games.
Zombie Pack - Because RE rocks!
Objection Pack - Plushies are fun!

Thanks for the great show. As a newer listener, I'm amazed at how much fun listening to you talk about bad games can be.

Zombies! Pack (To protect my sweet, sweet brains!)
Awesome! Pack (I like pretty much anything involving lasers)
Yo-ho-ho! pack (I'm an idiot, so that puzzle should keep me busy for at least a month)
Objection! Pack (Plead the 5th)
Xbox Pack (I can trade it to my rich room-mate for some sweet, sweet brains candy)

Yo ho ho! Pack - come on, its Pirates and Capcom. I cant resist a combination like that (also, lu v Zack and Wiki - finally got me to play my wii again)

Objection! Pack - I am a diehard mega man fan, so i have to try to get anything that has his trademark on it, and Phoenix Wright aint a push over himself, so i'd be cool to have some Phoenix swag'

Zombies! Pack - I need to drink my REVIVE to get my health back up for finals

Awesome! Pack - Pig with watermelon butt + eggnog = Youtube video

Xbox Pack - Wish i had my buddies on Puzzle Fighter, figure i'll play DL santa Claus and give it to a buddy so we can battle.

I would really like the Zack and Wiki pack. I have Zack and Wiki on the sole reasons because of this website's praise for it and enjoy it very much.

I also would like the Zombies pack because I am a huge Resident Evil fan. I have played every Resident Evil game there is and they are my favorites. I can't wait for Umbrella Chronicles, too.

1. Zombies! pack: Revive, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition game guide

2. Xbox pack: 1600 LIVE point card

3. Objection! pack: Phoenix Wright keychain plushie, Mega Man buster pen

4. Awesome! pack: Monster Hunter "My Pet Poogie" WATERMELON PIG plushie, Lost Planet Collector's laser matte print w/ certificate of authenticity

5. Yo-ho-ho! pack: Stickers, holographic puzzle, and stress squishy treasure chest

I would like the Zombies! pack the most because I would love to read through the strategy guide and see everything there is to know about the game, in and out.

Because I am a huge fan of Mega man and Phoenix wright is cool

Awesome Pack - cause that would make a great christmas present
Zombie Pack - it's frickin zombies, SOLD!
Objection Pack - cause I need more toys on my key chain than actual keys

Zombie's pack - cause I need all the help I can get with RE... and that REVIVE is just too freakin cool!
Objection pack - cause it involves Phoenix Wright plushie cuteness...
Awesome pack - cause it's awesome?
Yo-ho-ho pack - cause Zack and Wiki is neato

Thanks to the Shipwrecks for the great contests and to Justme8800 for donating the swag - awesome thing to do :)

1)Xbox Pack
I would like to win the Xbox pack because Rock Band song packs could be quite expensive...
Thank you

2) Objection Pack
I would like to win the Objection Pack because I'm sorry that I missed the reservation offer at Gamestop.

Thank you:)

Awsome pack - what could be a better keychain than a plushie that has a watermelon lookin butt! I would bring it wherever i go and love it

OK,

1) Xbox pack

Because MS had a glitch back when I entered my Xbox Live name (and that of my son) and it came out lowercase online (in leaderboards and such) even though I entered it properly on the system (and it is correct on the box itself). I've contacted support and all they do is forward the info that "if I want to change my gamertag I can do it for just 800 MS points!". Wonderful, as I don't want to change it but just want to make it what I originally entered it as! Anyway, this would cover both my ID and my son's so it is perfect. Yeah, it isn't so bad for mine, but my son's is a multi-word name and it looks horrible all in lower case.

2) Yo-ho-ho!

Because I'm about to start Zack & Wiki and my Gamecrazy never got the puzzle in as a preorder bonus as promised. (Plus the treasure chest is way cool).

3) Zombies pack
4) Awesome pack
5) Objection pack

Order of preference:

Xbox pack
Zombies pack
Yo-Ho-Ho pack
Awesome pack
Objection pack

You guys are awesome, thanks!

Zombies! pack: I am a huge Resident Evil Fan, and bought Wii version of 4 even though I had it still on Cube.

Yo-ho-ho! pack: My daughter would love the Zak and Wiki stuff.

Xbox pack: More Arcade games for my wife to play with me.

Thanks, and keep up the great show.
Disposable

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back