Costco Wii Bundle Information *UPDATED* B&M

I remember the days when Costco console bundles used to save me around $30... Now it's only $10 off?

I was planning to buy at Costco just for the return policy but I'll have to hear what the two games are first. I wish it was an extra controller and Zelda instead but things never go the way I plan...

I should also point out that if Costco really does have Wii units on launch day, that'd be a Sunday. Everyone's let in at the same time on weekends regardless of membership level.

[quote name='lawdood']I can assure you that lifetime warranties exist for Costco. I have a few friends who have taken items back with no receipt, years after buying them and after Costco checks in their system that you have actually purchased the item there, they give full cash refunds, no questions asked. Tis true.

Oh and if they do the launch like they did with the 360, don't worry about which membership you have, they'll let everyone in at the same time.[/QUOTE]

better return it within a year or you might get an anal membership clerk, they'll question you and make you feel uncomfortable and cheap while they call for a supervisor to come over and then there will be more questions and finally you'll get you money back.. no thanks.. i rather feel better about myself then be embarrassed like that.

[quote name='JaysonR']Do you guys think the Wii will be in high demand around Christmas time? Or will Nintendo produce enough to make sure that everyone will have a chance to buy one?

I would be able to get my hands on one but I would rather sell it on ebay and try to make a profit. Whaddya think???[/quote]

You won't make much, so don't bother.

unless Nintendo purposely creates a shortage, to generate alot of hype. But I don't think that will happen? Everyone should be able to get one.:)

The Wii will be as hard to find around launch as the DS Lite was here in America; not that hard. However, the closer to Christmas it will be impossible. Since Sony is producing little to no PS3's every kid is gonna get either a 360 or a Wii.

[quote name='heavy liquid']I don't think it has an extra controller.

Costco's bundles generally equal out to the same price or less than if you bought the items individually. The Xbox 360 bundle originally saved you $50 as opposed to if you purchased everything separately, and it looks like the Wii bundle will save you $20 (given that the games are $50 MSRP each).[/QUOTE]
I've actually started to wonder about what the bundle may include. Although it says two games, maybe Costco's actually counting Wii Sports and the price includes an extra controller. Although there are some games I wouldn't mind, all I really want at launch is the Wii with Wii sports, an extra controller, and Zelda, and with the Wiimote/Nunchuck costing more then a game, then that would be an awesome price for the bundle.

[quote name='gizmogc']Since Sony is producing little to no PS3's every kid is gonna get either a 360 or a Wii.[/QUOTE]

And when there's a Honda Shortage everyone is going to go out and buy a Kia, amirite?

[quote name='Zoglog']And when there's a Honda Shortage everyone is going to go out and buy a Kia, amirite?[/QUOTE]

Poor analogy. You can't really equate a $20,000 - $30,000 car to a $250 - $600 videogame system that parents can give their children as a holiday gift.

[quote name='Zoglog']And when there's a Honda Shortage everyone is going to go out and buy a Kia, amirite?[/quote]If you "needed" a new car, and Hondas were going to be sold out for pretty much the next 3-6 months... then yes, yes you would. But thanks for playing.

[quote name='heavy liquid']Poor analogy. You can't really equate a $20,000 - $30,000 car to a $250 - $600 videogame system that parents can give their children as a holiday gift.[/QUOTE]

sure you can. It's not like they're the entire market anyway.

Probably getting mine at Costco because of the warranty. I like the warranty because you never know whats gonna happen to the the remote (ie faulty, you break it). So, if the remote it is broken can you return the entire unit for refund/exchange?

[quote name='Zoglog']sure you can. It's not like they're the entire market anyway.[/QUOTE]

Now that I think about it, you and botticus are right. If I needed a new car and all Hondas were sold out for an indefinite period of time, I would buy a Kia (or a different car). :)

Question for sonderiaom or anyone else who works at Costco...

The "warranty" aka return period at Costco, is that standard across all Costcos? I called the one local to me in Portland, and they say that their return period on all electronics, including game consoles, is only 30 days - with receipt.

I would preferentially buy from Costco just to get the "warranty", if it was true. How does it work?

I understand with the price of the bundle and having 2 games with it, it seems unlikely that the bundle would include an extra controller but when was the last time you saw a costco bundle without one? The 360 and PS2 bundles both come with an extra one and if i'm not mistaken I believe the GC bundle did too. My one worry is that costco that i work at doesn't put much effort into organizing any lines or anything so people will be shoving eachother out of the way to get in first. Maybe i'll use the back entrance...

It would seem to me that the "2 games" part of the description refers to Wii Sports, and another bundled game (I would guess Excite Truck, as that would be like Costco bundling PGR3 with the 360 last year). Then the bundle would include an extra Remote and Nunchuk. This would raise the savings on the bundle to $20, over the theorized $10. Maybe then Costco would put in a Wii Points Card (or something else cheap) to make the savings even more inline with the savings that there were originally on the 360 bundle.

[quote name='Jack Ryan']It would seem to me that the "2 games" part of the description refers to Wii Sports, and another bundled game (I would guess Excite Truck, as that would be like Costco bundling PGR3 with the 360 last year). Then the bundle would include an extra Remote and Nunchuk. This would raise the savings on the bundle to $20, over the theorized $10. Maybe then Costco would put in a Wii Points Card (or something else cheap) to make the savings even more inline with the savings that there were originally on the 360 bundle.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same thing, although I still think Zelda is a more likely pack in then excite truck. When the 360 came out it lacked any killer app, so no game would sell the bundle by itself. Zelda though seems like the perfect game to include.

[quote name='sonderiaom']It depends actually, if you're convincing enough, you can ask them to just exchange the individual part without bringing in the entire bundle and components but I doubt it. Usually you'll have to bring every single little damn thing in.

Funny story, my aunt tried to return a giant 42' TV but they wouldn't let her do it because it didn't have the power cord. I told her to go over to best buy and buy the cord and come back with the TV and say that they found the cord in the car :lol:. The return people returned it with the cord while glaring at me the whole time.[/quote]

If your aunt was only returning it to "upgrade", you can thank people like her for raising prices and giving the consumer the shaft by "only" saving $10 instead of $30 on video game bundles.

[quote name='madmofo']I was thinking the same thing, although I still think Zelda is a more likely pack in then excite truck. When the 360 came out it lacked any killer app, so no game would sell the bundle by itself. Zelda though seems like the perfect game to include.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, except Zelda is rated Teen. I would think Costco would prefer to pack in an E rated title.

But still, you might be right.

[quote name='sonderiaom']That is the theory. It didn't say that there were any on order but with the release date in part of the description and the amount of money they'd make, it'll be that way.

As well though, it STILL says nothing about the ps3 system in the computer.

The warranty in my store is 2 years max. At other stores, there has been reports of "lifetime" though I sincerely doubt it. In any case, it's free; so besides the $50 membership fee with the 2 year warranty on everything, it's not that bad. Besides, almost all video games are cheaper there new than most other places.[/QUOTE]

It's not 2 years on everything. The computer warranty is now 6months at costco.

[quote name='sonderiaom']As I am one of the people at the doors currently, I make absolutely no difference between business, "gold star" and executive members. Each person can come in when I open the door. [/quote]

at all of the stores i have seen, the executive membership gets you in at 9am, gold members cannot enter until 10am.

That being said though, I doubt that the werehouses themselves will be setting up lines, as everyone is always just in a mob outside the doors when I open. Go figure, every single day we have a mob of people who just can't wait to get in.
that is hilarious. is it mostly older retired people-? i mean who else is available to shop at 10am

One thing I thought of today. I know this is probably wasted speculation since we will hopefully know very soon what will be in the wii package but rather than package an extra wii-mote, they could package in a classic controller which i would definetely appreciate, although i still would need another wii-mote. i noticed costco took zelda off costco.com and added a bunch of other games. i wonder if they got enough preorders that they decided to pull it. I'm not so worried about getting a console opening day, but i hope my costco carries some games and accessories on day 1. i know we didn't get 360 controllers and accessories in until it'd been out a while. maybe a wii-mote nunchuck package for $50? that'd be nice.

[quote name='heavy liquid']Now that I think about it, you and botticus are right. If I needed a new car and all Hondas were sold out for an indefinite period of time, I would buy a Kia (or a different car). :)[/quote]The key word is NEED. If you're wanting a ps3 and can't find one, you're not going to buy something else for the sake of buying. You wait.

For the parents who for some reason feel their children must be pacified by the $600 console of their choice, they might be persuaded to go with the Wii when they see the interactives in the stores.

Then again, maybe not. People do odd things.

[quote name='dracula']that is hilarious. is it mostly older retired people-? i mean who else is available to shop at 10am[/quote]
I couldn't speak for Costco, but at the Sam's Clubs around here, they open at 7am for the sole purpose of being available to small-business owners who needd to pick up supplies before getting to their place of work.

[quote name='sonderiaom']I'm curious on that fact as we're not supposed to open till 10 on weekdays, and then the gold members are supposed to be able to enter at 11. In any case, none of my coworkers follow that rule at all and we just let EVERYONE in.

It's usually a mix. On the weekends it's a lot more varied, but usually it is just old people. The worst is when we start coupons and then the middle-age women with nothing better to do tries to get all the good deals first, even though we'll have the coupons going for several weeks.[/QUOTE]

Wow, letting gold star members in before 11, what would Uncle Jim think? Seriously, if your GM got wind of that, or if cashiers told supervisors that they are doing a lot of gold star before 11, the people at the door could be written up for that, I've seen it happen. Because if they are letting everybody in, there is no benefit for those members who come in earlier because it's less busy and have the right too.

Also, take that item # and do an IA1 search on Condor, that should pull up all the order quantities for that item in the NW region. If you want to look in other regions, just change the region field, but it automatically pulls up your current region. I'd do it today, but I'm in school and no worky until tomorrow.

But if you're at the door, I pity you. I hated that post more than any other in the store, I'd seriously rather fold clothes. :)

[quote name='sonderiaom']*shrugs* Honestly there are so many things that are wrong at my werehouse; I would be surprised if they actually wrote us up. And again, I agree, there isn't really any benefit for the Executive peoples, but I when I had asked about that rule, I was told by my supervisor to not worry about it.

I've done IAI for a long while and not seen it on the orderering side. I will however do an IA1 tonight when I'm at work and see what that says.

When I first started it, I really hated it. I was in majors before and loved it, but after I kept on applying for majors again and again, they wouldn't give it to me. So I tried to transfer and I was blocked there, so I'm kinda stuck in my options. However, all of my coworkers are great and we look out for each other; more or less.[/QUOTE]

That's a shame about you being blocked there, I've really had relatively no probelm transferring (I'm at my third warehouse). You just really need to sell yourself to the new warehouse. Going down, talking to them, guilt-tripping them if need be, and it will get results.

Oh, I just realize I read that wrong :) Yes, inter-warehouse politics can be a pain, especially when people not as qualified but prettier get positions because some supervisors like them.

It could always be worse, you could work in either home office or the Issaquah warehouse, which from what I hear through the warehouse grapevine, occassionally reek of politics.

[quote name='sonderiaom']
The warranty in my store is 2 years max. At other stores, there has been reports of "lifetime" though I sincerely doubt it. In any case, it's free; so besides the $50 membership fee with the 2 year warranty on everything, it's not that bad. Besides, almost all video games are cheaper there new than most other places.[/quote]
Is there any chance it's different for each store? I know not all Costco's carry the same merchandise. I would think that a return policy would be uniform though.

I only ask because my cousin told me about his coworker who had a 1st or 2nd generation iPod bought from Costco and sometime this year it broke. His coworker was able to return it for a refund. I'm not sure how old those 1st gen iPods are but for sure they're older than 2 years.

[quote name='Archgarth']Wow, letting gold star members in before 11, what would Uncle Jim think? Seriously, if your GM got wind of that, or if cashiers told supervisors that they are doing a lot of gold star before 11, the people at the door could be written up for that, I've seen it happen. Because if they are letting everybody in, there is no benefit for those members who come in earlier because it's less busy and have the right too.
[/quote] One time I went to Costco early to have my tires rotated and it was before the doors opened so I was just sitting outside. When the doors opened, I saw a group of about 3 or 4 people get turned away. I guess at the Costco I go to, they do enforce the entry time for membership levels.

Ultimately it didn't matter though. They waited a few minutes and then walked in as if they were with someone else.....

Yeah, our Costcos enforce the schedule. But the schedule only applies Monday - Friday, not on weekends (which is when the Wii will be released).

Hmm, I just noticed something odd, Costco's website no longer has Zelda. I wonder if it has anything to do with them saving the Zelda copies for bundles?

I ran an IA1 and it said what I had figured, nothing. It wasn't showing any orders for the whole northwest region. I'm sure they just aren't showing what they're ordering yet or they haven't worked out who gets how many. I was reading news that best buy will have games up to two days before the wii comes out... can anyone confirm this or prove this news false cuz that sounds like the biggest load of sh!t i've ever heard. why release games with no console to play them on?

[quote name='darkrath']I ran an IA1 and it said what I had figured, nothing. It wasn't showing any orders for the whole northwest region. I'm sure they just aren't showing what they're ordering yet or they haven't worked out who gets how many. I was reading news that best buy will have games up to two days before the wii comes out... can anyone confirm this or prove this news false cuz that sounds like the biggest load of sh!t i've ever heard. why release games with no console to play them on?[/QUOTE]
That always happens, every console launch...

well about a week ago, I asked the guy with the invintory computer what came with the wii and he said exite truck, and zelda. I dont know if this is true, but i did see it in the computer. I dont know why Sonderiaom hasent gotten this info yet. Its possible that thats what was going to be bundled, and the system changed and now it doesent say. I may go back and ask and see if this is still the case and if they know how many the store is getting. At the time, they dident know the amount of units.

can anyone give info on what happend on the 360 launch. Someone said they gave out tickets, another person said that people line up anyway and charge the store when the gates open. I dont know if i like that idea....

[quote name='sonderiaom']
As for the 360 launch, it seems that it varied by individual store. Might do well to ask the Manager at your store to find out how it'll play for you.[/quote]
they say first come first serve. What does this mean? Well i know what it means, but they wouldent give any more details other then first come first serve. Does this mean tickets? They were really tight liped about it other then "first come first serve" It was like it was a key word or they were told to say that, but they themselves dont know how it will actualy work.

ug everyone for themselves then....:twoguns: my girlfriands is showing up too, so i guess we both can rush them. and hopefully one of us is able to pry it from the compititions cold dead lifeless corps. I do hope that they will be getting them on launch day, as the numbers of units and when they will get them are not in the system, even though the launch day is in the system... I have other options it if comes to that.

bread's done
Back