Costco Wii Bundle Information *UPDATED* B&M

[quote name='tinypoem']Sorry, i think you are wrong. At least you are for the pacific northwest where Costco is headquartered.
Confirmed again tonite that they will have the Wii's in Oregon on Friday. They may have only 48 or so but are ready for Sunday per the manager today.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I'm not wrong. Wish I was :(

[quote name='tinypoem']Would you be willing to share this memo since you are so sure?[/quote]

Though I've not seen a memo, probably due to the fact that management kinda hates me at my werehouse, I can confirm that no werehouses in the northwest currently show any on order. That was yesterday anyway; so things may have changed since then but I doubt it.

I just got this email from costco.com

Dear Costco Member,
You requested to be notified when the new Nintendo Wii Bundle is available for purchase at Costco Wholesale. This item will be available for purchase on costco.com on Sunday, November 19, 2006 at approximately 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time. The item will be prominently displayed on the homepage of costco.com until it is sold out.
Due to the extremely limited supply, we can accept orders from current Costco members only on a first come, first served basis, with a limit of one unit per household. Selected Costco warehouses will also have a very limited supply on Sunday, November 19, 2006.
Orders for the Nintendo Wii Bundle will be shipped via UPS by Tuesday, November 21, 2006. Tracking information will be available on costco.com.
We hope to receive additional quantities in our warehouses and on costco.com prior to Christmas, but we do not have an estimated arrival date, or approximate quantity at this time. We apologize in advance if you are unable to purchase this item from Costco Wholesale.

[quote name='tinypoem']I just got this email from costco.com

Dear Costco Member,
You requested to be notified when the new Nintendo Wii Bundle is available for purchase at Costco Wholesale. This item will be available for purchase on costco.com on Sunday, November 19, 2006 at approximately 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time. The item will be prominently displayed on the homepage of costco.com until it is sold out.
Due to the extremely limited supply, we can accept orders from current Costco members only on a first come, first served basis, with a limit of one unit per household. Selected Costco warehouses will also have a very limited supply on Sunday, November 19, 2006.
Orders for the Nintendo Wii Bundle will be shipped via UPS by Tuesday, November 21, 2006. Tracking information will be available on costco.com.
We hope to receive additional quantities in our warehouses and on costco.com prior to Christmas, but we do not have an estimated arrival date, or approximate quantity at this time. We apologize in advance if you are unable to purchase this item from Costco Wholesale. [/quote]

Just got this email too. Just hope it doesn't leak out everywhere and end up making getting it impossible. If it does, Costco's servers are really going to be on their knees.

[quote name='thesmallelder']Just got this email too. Just hope it doesn't leak out everywhere and end up making getting it impossible. If it does, Costco's servers are really going to be on their knees.[/quote]

Theres a very good chance this is everywhere in about 30 min since this is the internet. Im sure I we werent the only ones that subscribed. It does say for current members only.

[quote name='tinypoem']Theres a very good chance this is everywhere in about 30 min since this is the internet. Im sure I we werent the only ones that subscribed. It does say for current members only.[/quote]
I think by current members it means, only members will be able to purchase it. Normally you can purchase items from Costco.com without a membership, but you have to pay an additional 5% fee. I'm sure there will be people becoming a member within the next few days, just to order the Wii.

The sucky thing about the costco.com sale is that is goes online 8:00 AM PST. 8 PST is 4:00 AM for people on the east coast.

[quote name='Uturnaroun']The sucky thing about the costco.com sale is that is goes online 8:00 AM PST. 8 PST is 4:00 AM for people on the east coast.[/QUOTE]

well it's bad for east coast people, good for us on the west.

[quote name='Uturnaroun']The sucky thing about the costco.com sale is that is goes online 8:00 AM PST. 8 PST is 4:00 AM for people on the east coast.[/QUOTE]

It's great for the Easties: if you don't get one camping, you've got another shot online.

The question still stands .... Will some COSTCO's still sell their units... Called again. They said the shipment was supposed to arrive two days ago... 24 enroute but no arrival yet

[quote name='tinypoem']Oregon mgr confirmed arrival for tomorrow. Whatever happened to that so called memo?[/quote]

I think sonderiaom is full of it, he keeps changing his story. I wouldn't believe a word he says. Just because you are a stock boy at Costco doesn't mean you have inside info.:roll:

[quote name='jdinseattle']I think sonderiaom is full of it, he keeps changing his story. I wouldn't believe a word he says. Just because you are a stock boy at Costco doesn't mean you have inside info.:roll:[/quote]
I don't change my story. I update with information as it comes. No one at my Costco has said anything about the memo and I only get information from the computer which any Costco employee can get.

Frankly, I don't care if you believe me or not, this is information that I debate with myself whether I should tell anyone as it would make things harder for myself but as I wanted to help people out instead of being a douche, I told everyone here.

As well, I'm not a stocker anymore. I'm in Member Service and will actually be in Electronics from next week on. You can shove it where the sun don't shine.

Although it may not be the best source ever according to IGN
"Costco Avoids Launch Lines
No systems expected in stores, leaving online orders as the only option."

http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746424p1.html

They go on to speculate that it's possible that the recent violence at the PS3 Japanese launch influence Costco's decision. They also seem to believe that there will be multiple bundles available. Personally I'd be stoked if it was at midnight, then I could try attempt to get a bundle, and if I didn't like it, or they ran out, I'd still have time to search in the morning, but no such luck. Again it's alll speculation, but if launch violence was reason for the move, it would explain alot about the confusion between various stores.

[quote name='sonderiaom']I don't change my story. I update with information as it comes. No one at my Costco has said anything about the memo and I only get information from the computer which any Costco employee can get.

Frankly, I don't care if you believe me or not, this is information that I debate with myself whether I should tell anyone as it would make things harder for myself but as I wanted to help people out instead of being a douche, I told everyone here.

As well, I'm not a stocker anymore. I'm actually going to be in Electronics from next week on. You can shove it where the sun don't shine.[/QUOTE]
Hey Sonderiaom, I personally think you've been as helpful as could be. It's not your fault Costco's been so secretive and it sounds like them not getting them instore could have been a last minute decision. So don't listen to those naysayers, if find out about any inside deals keep posting. Oh, and having worked in the backroom of a shopko back in the day, I can personally say that the stockers are better informed then the managers about whats coming in and when more often then not.

In reference to the article, you also have to remember that in most stores....there are about 3 PS3's in stock starting Friday, and VERY FEW over the next few weeks. Nintendo has their shit together. There are like 10x as many Wii's as PS3's. For instance most costcos will be getting 24 Wii's on Sunday - IN STORE. Online ordering will just start at a certain time so everybody sitting on ther butts back at home has a fair chance.

You gotta realize man that the Info we are getting is helpful man it all check out.. As far as the secretiveness from COSTCO's end its just you know to avoid problems and shit. They don't want people lining up a week ahead. THey are not down with that sort of crap. Besides the info provided was not for ALL the stores was it ?? YOu Gotta realize most people on this post at from Different places. Seems like most of you guys on this thing are from North West, Presumably Oregeon, Washington, Maybe Parts of Arizona, Neveda and so forth. I love in So Cal so I take the info by stride and confirm with my store. Which is waht most of your guys shouldd've been doing in the first place.

[quote name='Uturnaroun']The sucky thing about the costco.com sale is that is goes online 8:00 AM PST. 8 PST is 4:00 AM for people on the east coast.[/QUOTE]sucky for you, good for me![quote name='jdinseattle']I think sonderiaom is full of it, he keeps changing his story. I wouldn't believe a word he says. Just because you are a stock boy at Costco doesn't mean you have inside info.:roll:[/QUOTE]
And what have you contributed to this thread, or this site, for that matter? Show sonderiam some respect, noob.

[quote name='madmofo']Hey Sonderiaom, I personally think you've been as helpful as could be. It's not your fault Costco's been so secretive and it sounds like them not getting them instore could have been a last minute decision. So don't listen to those naysayers, if find out about any inside deals keep posting. Oh, and having worked in the backroom of a shopko back in the day, I can personally say that the stockers are better informed then the managers about whats coming in and when more often then not.[/quote]

Yes I agree. Thanks for providing the info to us as I know you didnt have to. I for one appreciate it.

1163750503.jpg
blah

[quote name='Uturnaroun']The sucky thing about the costco.com sale is that is goes online 8:00 AM PST. 8 PST is 4:00 AM for people on the east coast.[/quote]

You've got it back wards and wrong. At 8PST, it's 11EST. At 4PST, it's 7EST.

any truth to ign's costco article?

its also weird that i did not receive the email from costco.com, i am a member and signed up to receive wii updates. i wonder if they are only sending the email to a select # of people...

i remember waiting for the 360 at costco, there were only about 6 people on line until about 2 hours before they opened, then it swelled to 50+ people. luckily mgmt was smart and took a list of people's names in the order that we had arrived in. then they opened the store about 30min early to let us purchase the bundle and leave. that was on LI, now that i have moved to NoVa, i hope to have the same experience.

as an aside, i tried calling the fairfax VA costco only to get hung up on when i asked about the wii. guess they are getting sick of so many people calling...

judging from how costco.com was this morning for the ps3. chances are close to nil for the wii.

around 743amish pst, it went up. the site was hammered. I couldn't even check out. numerous time outs. I ended up giving up.

site is still down some 3 hours later.

the site being down is something new that has happened in the last few hours. prior noon today it was working fine.

[quote name='herkulease']judging from how costco.com was this morning for the ps3. chances are close to nil for the wii.

around 743amish pst, it went up. the site was hammered. I couldn't even check out. numerous time outs. I ended up giving up.

site is still down some 3 hours later.[/quote]

I just called the Wilsonville, Oregon Costco and was told that they would be expecting theirs on Monday or Tuesday. That's good enough for me since I want to wait for my component cables to show up anyway. I was thinking about ordering from Amazon, but the appeal of being able to return the console to Costco if it breaks is very appealing. I'm in no rush, I just need to be more vigilant at shielding myself from all things Zelda:TP so it doesn't get spoiled.

Apparently one of the stores in my area is getting 24 as well on Sunday. I plan on getting there at 8:30-9:00AM and checking out the scene (opens at 10AM). If there's more than 24 in the line, I'll just head back home and take my chances online.

I just dropped by my Costco and asked, they said they were not getting any this Sunday, and have no idea when they are, gonna call another Costco close by and ask. This was Palm Desert, CA Costco.

Ok, Ive just called a few local stores and it seems as if they are coming in on Tuesday. 24 per store is what I was quoted. Im in the Chicagoland area, in Hellinois.

Costco in plano, TX said they are getting them tomorrow morning and will be available in store.

i think that will be my choice this weekend.

Superior, CO Costco says it's "on order" and they're not doing anything special. I'm assuming that since she didn't know what a Wii was that not many people have called about it. Looks like an early Sunday morning for me.

Nice and Sunny here in Los Angeles... Looks like a nice night in store for the wii... My costco is getting htem as well for Sunday. Good luck

I talked to a store mgr here in Seattle-where costco is based out of-they say the wii has 2 games could be excite truck, super monkey ball or TP plus a wiimote/nunchuck for 339.00 They open at 10AM and each store will initially get 24 for launch more to come as the days go on. So good luck boys-but if you dont get it tomorrow keep trying for costco-Nintendo and Costco headquarters are only a few miles from eachother around here so they will hook up costco for sure. Plus if you experience any launch glitches costco will replace it IMMEDIATELY with another-no turn aways to the manufacturer. WIIIiiiiiii!!!!!:bouncy:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Three things. I't probably notm Zelda. Probably some other two launch titles. They rarely do the most popular games. Watch it be omething like Rayman and Super Monkey Ball. :p

Secondly, I wonder if only gold members will get a shot. I say that because don't they get to enter a few hours earlier into the store? I just have normal membership.

Three, this doesn't seem like a whole lot of savings. Not unless they throw somethign extra in. When the 360 bundle came out at launch it actually was less expensive then it's parts sold separately.[/QUOTE]

A Gold membership IS the normal membership.

[quote name='antihero27e']Nice and Sunny here in Los Angeles... Looks like a nice night in store for the wii... My costco is getting htem as well for Sunday. Good luck[/QUOTE]

I have called my local CostCo (Los Feliz) a ridiculous number of times. They said there will not be any Wii in the store on Sunday. I am in Los Angeles too, so I am wondering which CostCo you got this info from. I know it will easy to get a Wii, because my local Toy's R Us is going to have 100 on Sunday. But I prefer the CostCo bundle. Particularly if it comes with Zelda and Excite Truck, as previously reported here.

Ohh see I am in LA but I am not going to my local Costco or Target in my vacinity... I am driving out... Not too far though. But as far as I know they told me they sell onsunday. I called but. But I will be in the area today and I will go in there and ask personally with the manager. Grill that sucker.

Double check your Costco's and have back up plans. I have called mine a few times over the past couple weeks and they have told me they will have some for sale on Sunday. Just got off the phone with them tonight to make sure and the guy now told me none will be available in store tomorrow. Grrrr.

Boys, I just spoke to three admin staff and mgrs. All say no wii's in store tomorrow-but on monday 24 in each store-costco online only. I said "Are you just saying this to keep campers away?" They said maybe but we have a memo that tells us not to sell until monday. They said to call early sunday morning and see if they were going to sell sunday-they have a crew in early at 3am and would answer the phone-some said to press 1 for the admin line to talk with someone before the store opens-so I will call-if not avail-Ill try online then go monday morning if I have to:roll:

[quote name='marctina']Hate to break the bad news to you, but Costco will not get their shipments until Monday or Tuesday next week. Almost all stores will get at least one pallet of 24, and if your an employee you will have to go outside and walk in like everyone else. This means you will not get to "reserve" your system :)

They are asking the warehouse manager to put the Wii's on the floor and open the door's. There will be a limit of 1 per membership/household, with a manager present to enforce this.[/QUOTE]

Did you guys not see my earlier post about this? There is no way to tell when a store will get them either, it could be in the afternoon, and then they will just put them out. Looks like every single Costco nationwide will have at least 24 and maybe 48. There isn't a shortage on the Wii like there was with the PS3.

Now the question is if they put them out Monday or Tuesday will they be letting all members in or just business members in when they first open at 10AM?

i dont believe it! Its just over 12 hours to launch and there isnt a soul outside of my costco....if i had the money I would be there right now.

[quote name='PrinceEJB']i dont believe it! Its just over 12 hours to launch and there isnt a soul outside of my costco....if i had the money I would be there right now.[/QUOTE]

You really shouldnt need to camp out for a Wii .... Like I said before, my local ToysRus is supposed to have 100 when the open tomorrow, and I'm sure the Best Buy next door will have ample supply as well. The CostCo bundle and return policy is pretty great, but not worth stressing over. If you want one you will have one. Period.

[quote name='coop']You really shouldnt need to camp out for a Wii .... Like I said before, my local ToysRus is supposed to have 100 when the open tomorrow, and I'm sure the Best Buy next door will have ample supply as well. The CostCo bundle and return policy is pretty great, but not worth stressing over. If you want one you will have one. Period.[/QUOTE]

As if midnight:

70 people outside the local Target.

30 people outside the closest Game Stop.

I'm guessing lots of people are sad they missed out on PS3s.

bread's done
Back