Currently Playing / General Gaming Talk Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to see if I can cut my wanted list for the rest of this year down, but I can't do it. I think I need to get rid of more of my back catalog of games. I know I still have a couple more PS2 RPGs that I may never ever get around to playing, let alone completing (FFXII I'm looking at you). I do have a couple 360 games I'd like to dump as well (DDRU and PSU).

just condense... If you aren't a collector, let go of some games you have for the least reasons. I clean my shit out every few months to keep a very minimal amount of games, plus whatever I get rid of turns into a whole new batch of games. I don't buy and toss quickly though... it's usually about 6 months before I get rid of a title.

[quote name='gunm']I've been trying to see if I can cut my wanted list for the rest of this year down, but I can't do it. I think I need to get rid of more of my back catalog of games. I know I still have a couple more PS2 RPGs that I may never ever get around to playing, let alone completing (FFXII I'm looking at you). I do have a couple 360 games I'd like to dump as well (DDRU and PSU).[/quote]It's not as if games you cut from a buy list this fall will disappear... you can always buy them when you need a game to play, whether you still buy at full price or they've had a price drop by that time.

Other than Soul Nomad, which I keep forgetting, (and Persona 3, which I've decided not to bother with) I don't think any game coming out this fall/winter will be remotely difficult to find later on. That doesn't mean I am tending to find myself in the same situation. I would have passed on Metroid were I not able to snag it for $30. I will hopefully be able to put off Fire Emblem: GoD until I've gotten through the GBA iterations, but my resolve will probably weaken.

[quote name='gunm']I've been trying to see if I can cut my wanted list for the rest of this year down, but I can't do it. I think I need to get rid of more of my back catalog of games. I know I still have a couple more PS2 RPGs that I may never ever get around to playing, let alone completing (FFXII I'm looking at you). I do have a couple 360 games I'd like to dump as well (DDRU and PSU).[/QUOTE]

start selling them on amazon. I really think that's the easiest, as long as you aren't trying to maximize your earnings to the full potential for each game. just don't list a lot in the first two weeks, keep it under $300. if you sell too much, they'll hold on to your money for up to another 45 days (after an initial 2 week eval period.)

other than that, it takes a minute to list a game. set it to the lowest price and it'll usually be gone in a day or 2.

just started playing god of war 2 on my ps3, I am really impressed with how great this game is, graphics are crazy coming from a ps2.

[quote name='botticus']It's not as if games you cut from a buy list this fall will disappear... you can always buy them when you need a game to play, whether you still buy at full price or they've had a price drop by that time.

Other than Soul Nomad, which I keep forgetting, (and Persona 3, which I've decided not to bother with) I don't think any game coming out this fall/winter will be remotely difficult to find later on. That doesn't mean I am tending to find myself in the same situation. I would have passed on Metroid were I not able to snag it for $30. I will hopefully be able to put off Fire Emblem: GoD until I've gotten through the GBA iterations, but my resolve will probably weaken.[/QUOTE]Growlanser: Heritage of War will be hard to find later, since there's only going to be one print, in limited quantities.

Anyway, this was my gaming today.

On PS3, played a little Resistance online and did terrible. Not too long ago, played Calling All Cars for an hour. Had a few headset issues at once point, but otherwise, it was great.

On PSP, just played some PaRappa. I'd play more, but was limited on time.

On 360, I downloaded Bioshock demo, but didn't play. I forced myself to play the entire Blue Dragon demo, and now I think I may like it now (originally I was extremely disappointed in it). I'll get it, but not until the price drops ($40 is the magic price).

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I know the money for it is a little steep, that is really the only thing that is holding me back. I just want to make sure it's worth that much before I buy it. What do you think Chacrana you usually know a lot about good TV's.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....6&type=product[/QUOTE]

I think it's a little hard to evaluate a TV that I can't see ;)

At least, the link isn't working for me. Anyone buying a TV in say the next 6 months though that can spend oodles of cash, the Bravia XBR5 is going to be it. Or the XBR4. I dunno exactly when they're coming out, but they seem to be leaps and bounds better than the current high end, the XBR3.

They're both available now and I'm so thinking about getting one!(but probably won't, I'd rather buy a T6 arcade board....)

[quote name='MarkMan']They're both available now and I'm so thinking about getting one!(but probably won't, I'd rather buy a T6 arcade board....)[/QUOTE]

Any idea how much they are? Not that I'm in the market. I've got a really good HT setup, but I'm still a college student so I can't exactly afford to buy the latest and greatest all the time.

But I want to...

Oh yeah, I'm going to try out the Bioshock demo tonight. I started dl'ing late last night, and it didn't finish until I woke up in the morning.

And thanks for the advice, all...

I got Deus Ex on PS2 for $5 today. I never got past the 2nd or 3rd "level" in the game.. and I realized..

There are enough games I haven't played and would like to play again to keep me busy for the next 5-10 years.

And thus did my lust for the HD generation disappear. See you at $100, 360.

Halfway through FFX and loving it just as if it was 2002. I'm also extremely Jazzed about having Cave Story on my PSP.

[quote name='Chacrana']I think it's a little hard to evaluate a TV that I can't see ;)

At least, the link isn't working for me. Anyone buying a TV in say the next 6 months though that can spend oodles of cash, the Bravia XBR5 is going to be it. Or the XBR4. I dunno exactly when they're coming out, but they seem to be leaps and bounds better than the current high end, the XBR3.[/QUOTE]

Here is the link again:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1180743802276&type=product

No idea why the other one stopped working? :whistle2:s

[quote name='whoknows']Looks nice. $200 more than I spent on mine :hot:

Just a thing to keep in mind, 32 inches starts to seem small after awhile. I'd go for bigger if I were you :p[/QUOTE]

I know that is how big my sharp is and I agree it does seem small after awhile for some strange reason. :whistle2:s I really don't know if I can spend much more then that though, I mean that price is really pushing it for me. I just want to make sure it's worth that and if I read the specs right 720p is the max. I just really want to upgrade to a Sony since you get what you pay for.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I know that is how big my sharp is and I agree it does seem small after awhile for some strange reason. :whistle2:s I really don't know if I can spend much more then that though, I mean that price is really pushing it for me. I just want to make sure it's worth that and if I read the specs right 720p is the max. I just really want to upgrade to a Sony since you get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]
Very true about Sony's, but still. I'd search for something bigger if I were you, you'd probably be happier in the long run.

Even if you decide to just go with the Sony it's still a damn nice TV. You win either way ;)

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, that's a nice TV. My friend's got that model in a bigger size and it's definitely more than sufficient. Though really, I can't imagine not stepping up to the XBR2 instead of that regular, non-XBR Bravia. Though really, try going here: http://www.butterflyphoto.com/shop/...abber-_-Sony-_-LCTV - 32 37 Inch-_-KDLV32XBR2

it ends up being $999.99 shipped for the XBR2, which is a better TV. It's the same size and everything.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks man I'll check it out, and thanks to everyone for your suggestions. :) If it's the same TV but a better one for the same price how can you refuse that you know? How many HDMI ports does it have I didn't see that anywhere. I just really want a nice Sony TV that is worth the money I am spending on it. I mean the 32 I have now is okay and I would prefer a bigger size so maybe I'll save up a little more for a bigger size. Like a 37 or something? Although then it is really going to go up in price.

Huh, since we're already OTT OTT, I'll throw in my one cent and say that I wouldn't even bother getting an XBR less than 46". The reasoning is that XBR is the top o' the line with the highest resolution and having those extra pixels won't really kick in unless you have the screen real estate.

I'm pretty set on a 46" Bravia V-series (the latest 3000 model that just came out). Probably the best price to value ratio for me personally.

And back OT, I finally played the Bioshock demo. Cool and creepy, but I have to admit, I'm having second thoughts on buying the game day one now. Sacrellege I know, but I want to play Mass Effect too, and something's gotta give.

Anyway, I also replayed the Ace Combat 6 demo, and I still like it. Photorealistic graphics really go a long way with this title for me.

So here's what I'm currently looking at as far as "rest of the year" game purchases (in no particular order):

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]Halo3 Legendary (360)
Stranglehold LE (PS3)
Ace Combat 6 (360)
Eternal Sonata (360)
Mass Effect (360)
Rock Band Special Edition (360)
Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
Bioshock LE (360)
Zelda Phantom Hourglass (DS)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)
Zack and Wiki (Wii)

And maybe Guitar Hero III (360)

Not counting Halo3 console upgrade and Slim PSP Daxter pack. :p

I wonder if I left anything out?
[/FONT]

I feel you gunm, that's why I got a 46 inch XBR TV... 40 was just too small...

I was thinking about 52 but that's way too large/costs way more too...

[quote name='whoknows']Looks nice. $200 more than I spent on mine :hot:

Just a thing to keep in mind, 32 inches starts to seem small after awhile. I'd go for bigger if I were you :p[/QUOTE]32" still seems big to me, but that's because I've been going with a 20" and 13" most of my life, in my bedroom. In my new apartment, I'm putting the 32" in my living room, so we'll see how that works. :) I wouldn't want to get too big because I wouldn't want to carry it. :p

[quote name='The Mana Knight']32" still seems big to me, but that's because I've been going with a 20" and 13" most of my life, in my bedroom. In my new apartment, I'm putting the 32" in my living room, so we'll see how that works. :) I wouldn't want to get too big because I wouldn't want to carry it. :p[/QUOTE]

Exactly I don't want something huge and I don't want something too small either. I am going to go with what Chacrana suggested since it's a better Sony TV then the one I originally wanted for the same price. I'm not exactly rich either as a grand to me is a lot to spend on a TV. Maybe I'll just save up a little more to get a bigger size, like a 37 would be my max since anything else is just too big for me. Also since there isn't anything wrong with my current HDTV really no rush, I just want to upgrade to a better one. Any way thanks everyone for your suggestions I'll be sure to let you know what I end up going with.

I finished up Beyond Good & Evil Saturday morning, and now I'm playing Rogue Galaxy. I usually gauge if I'm going to like a game or not by the first hour, and I can tell that I'm in it for the long-run with RG.

Wow Godhand is kicking my ass, I don't know what's worse, the camera or when normal enemies turn into super hardcore demons. Game is fun though.

[quote name='Blackout542']Wow Godhand is kicking my ass, I don't know what's worse, the camera or when normal enemies turn into super hardcore demons. Game is fun though.[/QUOTE]
What I thought was worse than the camera was fighting more than 1 enemy at once. The game just wasn't made for that yet your forced to fight 4-5 at once and it's very frustrating.

I really wanted to like that game though, I bought it on 2 different occasions.

[quote name='whoknows']What I thought was worse than the camera was fighting more than 1 enemy at once. The game just wasn't made for that yet your forced to fight 4-5 at once and it's very frustrating.

I really wanted to like that game though, I bought it on 2 different occasions.[/QUOTE]

t was built for multi-enemies... like any beat-em-up you have to manage who you are attacking... L1 (turn 180) saves your ass in this game... use it.

The demon transformations suck when you have low life... >_

For some odd reason, I felt like playing the Folklore demo on PS3, so I did and beat it again. I just really like that demo, can't explain why.

I played the Bioshock demo today. Graphics are very impressive and the production qualities are high. I'm not a big fan of its combat style though. I'm more of a Blue Dragon/Eternal Sonota fan, so I'll probably pass on the game. I definitely liked it more than I thought.

I bought MGS Portable Ops today (rented once before), but haven't started playing it yet.

I went a little old-school today, playing FFIV and Secret of Mana. Two of my favorite games of all time. :)

It's nice when I can beat a game I paid $17.99 for in under 2 hours and not feel like I wasted my money. TMNT for the GBA is an excellent throwback to the arcade game. Definitely keeping that one on my shelf.

Now I remember why I quit playing The Suffering: Ties That Bind the first time. You're playing, everything is good, and then suddenly it gets RIDICULOUSLY hard. I should have started the game on easy.

Ah well, I'll make it through somehow

anyone else not looking forward to college starting back up (at least from my gaming prespective). Going to be hard this sememster with all these good games coming out :(

[quote name='ighosty']anyone else not looking forward to college starting back up (at least from my gaming prespective). Going to be hard this sememster with all these good games coming out :([/QUOTE]
I know what you mean. I'm taking one less class this semester just to be safe since too much gaming will screw up my grades :lol:

its really going to be hard on launch days. Getting that game you have been waiting months to play, but oh...u have a term paper due..sucks

I started up Otogi on a whim. I bought it soon after it came out and never got more than a few levels in. Playing it now, I have no idea why, because it's awesome. Every level is more creative and impressive than the last, and I've only just finished the 6th. It has that serene Japanese beauty about it, despite the fact that you're tearing through almost everything in sight. The combat feels a bit shallow, and you really only need a few combos, but the style and vibe more than makes up for it.

I also popped in Metroid Prime 2 recently, because I never got around to it. Thus far, it's pretty much what I expected after MP1, which means is very good. No surprises- good or bad.

Not to mention playing obscene amounts of Picross DS whenever I can spare a few minutes. Or hours. :)

ahhh FFX and Deus Ex on PS2. Very competent port on the second one. Trying to get System Shock 2 to run on XP also.

Screw your bioshocks I'm going old school

if I could buy one DS game tomorrow, what should it be? (recommend anything but FF3, EBA, Phoenix Wright, or Castlevania.)

I'm leaning heavily towards Planet Puzzle League...

Batman.

Oh wait, there is no game of the greatest superhero on the DS. What a shitty system.

Then again...the games are usually shitty anyways. Now I don't know what to think :hot:

Hmm...the game that got the most play out of my DS was Pokemon Pearl.

Followed by Castlevania: DoS and Pheonix Wright 1.

[quote name='whoknows']Batman.

Oh wait, there is no game of the greatest superhero on the DS. What a shitty system.

Then again...the games are usually shitty anyways. Now I don't know what to think :hot:[/QUOTE]

Batman Returns on the SNES was quality

[quote name='Apossum']Batman Returns on the SNES was quality[/QUOTE]
If only I had a SNES.

The NES one was good I suppose and I did like The Adventures of Batman and Robin even though it was so frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back