Dallas CAGs, do you exist?!

You can still guarantee a copy... by camping out now!! Make sure you don't accidentally camp somewhere that requires you to buy a bunch of crap with it.

[quote name='banpeikun']You can still guarantee a copy... by camping out now!! Make sure you don't accidentally camp somewhere that requires you to buy a bunch of crap with it.[/QUOTE]
God damn, you do have all the answers. You know, I think I may just do that. While I'm at it, do you want me to get you one?

[quote name='Santurio']God damn, you do have all the answers. You know, I think I may just do that. While I'm at it, do you want me to get you one?[/QUOTE]Sounds good, but a lot of times they limit it to one per person. Maybe you can get an unsuspecting friend (uninterested in xbox 360) or significant other to camp out with you. Hehe.

I'll buy anything they have that you don't want for yourself...

PS: does anyone here have a Gamestop GI sub? I want to get something but want the 10% discount...

[quote name='DocRamon']anything from KB you guys are looking for specifically?[/QUOTE]Okay here's what I'd want (really want in bold):

$1
Advance Wars 2

$5
Altered Beast
Atari Anniversary Collection
Breath Of Fire
Breath Of Fire II
Donkey Kong Country
Dungeons & Dragons: Eye Of The Beholder
Harvest Moon: Friends Of Mineral Town
Harvest Moon: More Friends Of Mineral Town
Ice Climber
Kirby & The Magic Mirror
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong
R-Type 3

$10
Boktai
Donkey Kong Country 2
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (Maybe just Fire Emblem)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Pokemon Fire Red
Pokemon Leaf Green
Super Dodgeball
Sword Of Mana
Tactics Ogre
Zelda: Minish Cap

GCN

$10
Donkey Konga (With Bongos)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (No Bongos)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (With Bongos)
Mario Party 5
NBA Street V3
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
Star Fox: Assault
Zelda: Four Swords

PS2:

$5
Final Fantasy X

$10
DDR Extreme
Gran Turismo 4
Lego Star Wars
Tekken 5

XBOX
$5
Panzer Dragoon Orta

Much obliged if you could go. Thanks!

Well I ended up going anyway, and they didn't have anything except Donkey Kong Country 2 for $10. Meh. Be sure to read about the $20 gift card in the deals forum too, that will be going on at Grapevine Mills.

Wow, so many people who love Trader's Village! I was already planning to go there next weekend, but I didn't know they had games. What games do they have? Are they all NES and stuff or can you find anything more recent (PS1 onwards)?

Was going past Hillsboro today and passed a place called FX games exchange or something. Anyways, they have lots of legacy system games like NES SNES N64 DC etc. They had FFIII and Secret of Mana for like $45 and $40 respectively. Would have gotten Secret of Mana if it wasnt cart only. They offered me $20 for Suikoden IV, wish I had brought all my extra copies with me.

[quote name='banpeikun']Was going past Hillsboro today and passed a place called FX games exchange or something. Anyways, they have lots of legacy system games like NES SNES N64 DC etc. They had FFIII and Secret of Mana for like $45 and $40 respectively. Would have gotten Secret of Mana if it wasnt cart only. They offered me $20 for Suikoden IV, wish I had brought all my extra copies with me.[/QUOTE]

I've been there; it's pretty great. I got Faxanadu, Duck Tales, Zoda's Revenge, and ActRaiser for about $20 total. And the guy also gave me all the black NES sleeves he could find, about 12, for free. Really nice guys.

It's too far away unless you're on your way to or from Austin though.

[quote name='spamfree2']Just wanted to drop by and say Howdy to the DFW crowd.[/QUOTE]Go change your profile so it shows you're from Dallas!

moving back to dallas!!!!111shift+1! ...I sold most of my things on fleabay, but still have a dreamcast, so I'll still be gaming on that for a while.

glad to be out of dayton.

[quote name='gsr']Dallas is a great place to live, imo..I'm stuck in Dayton right now, but hope the situation changes in a couple months and I can get back to the metroplex.

From a gamer/movie watcher's perspective --

1) Fry's Electronics
2) Gamerush/Gamestop/EB all over
3) Netflix/BB have a distribution center for their online rental service IN Dallas. BB's HQ is Dallas.
4) Major over the air networks owned and operated by the networks themselves(except ABC), so you get the best possible HDTV PQ without multicasting.

I'm sure there are more things I can list...[/QUOTE]

I think the Movie Trading Company has some good deals occasionally. Don't know what the deal is with their random pricing, though. Managed to get a copy of Astro Boy: Omega Factor for $5.99 new, so I was quite happy. :)

[quote name='499deal']Has anyone checked out the Kb Toys in the Vista Ridge mall yet?[/QUOTE]

Is it open? According to the KB Website, the only KB anywhere near here is in Grapevine. Anyways, if there was one there I'm sure all the crazy clearance items are long gone by now.

[quote name='Backlash']Is it open? According to the KB Website, the only KB anywhere near here is in Grapevine. Anyways, if there was one there I'm sure all the crazy clearance items are long gone by now.[/QUOTE]

Hmm..you're probably right. I haven't been there in a year or so, but I can at least say there used to be one there. Ahh well, thanks for the update.

I'm glad this forum exists. I live in Clarksville, Tn for the time being, going to college, but I was born and raised in good ol' Fort Worth. I love the DFW area and can't wait to get back.

so, who's getting a 360 on launch day? I just want to know what stores you guys plan on going to and what time you plan on showing up to get in line.

There is still a KB at Northeast Mall; at least this summer there was....hahahaha. I envy you guys with so many choices to steak out for launch of the 360. I'm getting mine free through the every10minutes, but I'm helping out a family friend and waiting in line at midnight. The only benefit of being here in Tennessee is less people. I will probably be camping out anywhere from 2 - 4 hours. Good luck to you all who plan on getting a system at launch and maybe I'll see yall around come Christmas time; I'll be the weird guy hoarding the games as you walk into the electronics department...hahahahaha... just kidding.

Forgot to ask in my previous post, but where are some good places for cheap games? When I am town I hit almost every Target in the DFW area; Colleyville being the best. Also I look around Virgin and Half Price books. Anywhere else besides the mall areas, GS, EB, Toys R Us, Movie Trading Company and Fry's?

What kind of stuff are you looking for? Gamerush has 25% off everything used right now. EB and GS had the B2G1F a couple weekends ago so they may be somewhat bare.

I live in Wichita Falls, but since my family lives in the DFW area (Crowley), I'm down there almost every weekend.

We should have a DFW CAG meetup somewhere. That could be pretty fun, what do you guys think?

anyone gonna be hittin up the local TRUs for the clearance? I would go but I never seem to find anything at the TRUs near me (plano/frisco). Plus, my backlog is kinda big so I am holding off on buying games at the moment.

I will probably check it out. Only thing I may pick up though is Conker for $10. Missed the $20 drop at Fry's so this is the perfect chance.

I might try for RE4 for GCN. $10 is a great price, but my backlog is so big that I fell kinda bad cause I know I wouldn't play it for several months. That's assuming they even have one at the Frisco TRU.

I plan on hittin a couple. If there is anything in particular someone wants me to keep an eye out for just let me know.

All I really want from the list is:
Area 51(XBX)
Close Combat: FIrst to Fight(XBX)
Fatal Frame 2(XBX)!!!
Karaoke Revolution(XBX)
Killer 7 (GC??) or (PS2)

I went to the frisco tru and the employee told me some one cleared them out as soon as they opened. I went to the lewisville toys r us and got the last: fight night round 2 (gc), and romance of the three kingdoms X (ps2). They did have some dbz sagas for ps2 left though which are like $6 I believe.

[quote name='toocool17']I went to the frisco tru and the employee told me some one cleared them out as soon as they opened. I went to the lewisville toys r us and got the last: fight night round 2 (gc), and romance of the three kingdoms X (ps2). They did have some dbz sagas for ps2 left though which are like $6 I believe.[/QUOTE]I got a couple games from that Frisco store the day before the sale. They still had a RE4 and some Pikmin 2s as far as GC stuff.

[quote name='toocool17']I went to the frisco tru and the employee told me some one cleared them out as soon as they opened. I went to the lewisville toys r us and got the last: fight night round 2 (gc), and romance of the three kingdoms X (ps2). They did have some dbz sagas for ps2 left though which are like $6 I believe.[/QUOTE]
That would be the asian kid ahead of me when I went first thing. They didn't have RE4 though at all. All they had that I wanted was Haunting Grounds, Viewtifull Joe 2, and Mr Driller Drill Spirits. He picked up over 12 games though.

So I'm up in the Dallas area visiting some people for the holidays. I'm wondering if there are any independent game shops left in the greater metroxplex area?

Hey all, I'm up in Richardson at UTD during school. There's a nice Gamerush and Gamestop within ten minutes from here, and a Target with a decent clearance aisle too. Can't find a nearby Toyrsrus though, I'll just have to hit up this mad 10 dollar clearance while I'm at home down in Victoria.

Hey there I grew up in Victoria myself. Live in Plano now. There is a TRU off of Parker and Central not far from you. I have to admit though it's pretty picked over :) There are still a few copy of Geist (GC) there as of yesterday and I believe some Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC) as well as some Blood Rayne 2's (PS2). Maybe a few more titles but not alot.

There is another off Preston by the Stonebriar mall in Frisco - it too is pretty well picked over. Same with the one off Central and Walnut Hill in Dallas.

Good luck.

PS. if you are talking about the Target at Parker in Plano, where the hell is the clearance isle? I never have found it.

I work in Richardson myself very near UTD (off of George Bush/Parker) but haven't hit the other Targets.

As for independent game shops there used to be plenty but I can't say I know of any anymore. Just about every chain you can think of but no independents. There is a store in Stonebriar mall accross from Sam Goodies that MIGHT be an Indy - but its more than likely just a case of me not remembering the name and/or chain. I do remember it isn't one of the usual suspects (EB, Gamestop, Game Rush, Game Crazy, etc.)

Wait, check that. There was talk I think it was on this board of a shop down at the big Trader's Village flea market in Grand Prairie. But hells bells that's 50 miles from me these days and I'm lazy! :) Haven't been to that place since I lived in GP over 10 years ago. I wasn't too impressed if memory serves me right.

[quote name='topplehat']Hey all, I'm up in Richardson at UTD during school. There's a nice Gamerush and Gamestop within ten minutes from here, and a Target with a decent clearance aisle too. Can't find a nearby Toyrsrus though, I'll just have to hit up this mad 10 dollar clearance while I'm at home down in Victoria.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TexTuna']
As for independent game shops there used to be plenty but I can't say I know of any anymore. Just about every chain you can think of but no independents. There is a store in Stonebriar mall accross from Sam Goodies that MIGHT be an Indy - but its more than likely just a case of me not remembering the name and/or chain. I do remember it isn't one of the usual suspects (EB, Gamestop, Game Rush, Game Crazy, etc.)
[/QUOTE]

I know the store you're talking about, but I forget the name. However, their prices kind of suck. I have found a couple of old Nintendo games there I wanted since they do have some used games, but overall it's not a great store.

Yep I'd agree. Alot of old stuff but the prices aren't very good. I think its a 3 letter name but don't remember what. One thing I do like, they have a machine that resurfaces the discs so nothing you ever buy there has a scratch on it.

[quote name='Backlash']I know the store you're talking about, but I forget the name. However, their prices kind of suck. I have found a couple of old Nintendo games there I wanted since they do have some used games, but overall it's not a great store.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back