Dallas CAGs, do you exist?!

[quote name='Backlash']I know the store you're talking about, but I forget the name. However, their prices kind of suck. I have found a couple of old Nintendo games there I wanted since they do have some used games, but overall it's not a great store.[/QUOTE]After researching http://www.shopstonebriar.com/html/storedirectory.asp, I present my conclusion that the named store is: Console Game Exchange.

[quote name='TexTuna']PS. if you are talking about the Target at Parker in Plano, where the hell is the clearance isle? I never have found it.
[/QUOTE]I think he was talking about the Target on Coit between McCallum and Campbell. But the clearance endcaps for the electronics at Target at Parker and 75 are against the very back wall. Facing the video game display from the digital camera counter, the back wall of the store is to your right. The clearance endcaps face that wall about 3-4 aisles back (past the video games). There's never much there, the only video games there I've seen are GBA Ham-Taro game and GC Intellivision Lives! There's usually some DVD-Rs and useless PC software there.

I've had some luck with the Target at Richardson Square Mall (found Fire Emblem there for $14.xx and a wavebird for $7.xx). Also the Addison store on Marsh has some stuff. But recently Target has been kind of slim pickings for good clearance sales. Lots of FF1+2s still at TRUs around here.

Yeah, I was talking about the Target on Coit. Where is Richardson Square Mall? I would like to try out that target and the TRU near there.

I've had little luck with Target on Coit, most of their clearence items are non-gaming related. The only thing I've gotten was a 6 dollar Sony-brand ps2 Charcoal colored controller, and that wasn't even in the clearance section, but marked as clearance in the gaming section.

hey do you guys know of any good dog breeders? I need to get a whippet(sp?) and am finding nothing here. it doesn't have to be a pure breed(in fact id prefer it not be) any info would be great

Not sure will have to check. Another poster listed a name but the sign has 3 letters so it must be an abbreviation - one thing is sure I don't recall seeing another store with their name around.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']3 letters eh? EGX?[/QUOTE]

Sorry not for whippets, now if you were looking for a solid black German working line German Shepherd I could help you out!

[quote name='jlarlee']hey do you guys know of any good dog breeders? I need to get a whippet(sp?) and am finding nothing here. it doesn't have to be a pure breed(in fact id prefer it not be) any info would be great[/QUOTE]

Don't know if its still there but the GameCrazy off Ledbetter had a copy of Growlanser Generations a couple of days ago for $14.99.

Circuit City is running a clearance sale now - some decent games in the list (list is posted under the Video Game Deals thread). Have found alot of $4-6 games the last couple of days.

TexTuna

Best Buy in Oak Cliff (zip code 75211) has some premium Xbox 360s. In fact they have everything that other stores sell out of. Also, they have the gamer gift cards at that store and the Irving store at 183 and Belt Line.

[quote name='banpeikun']Best Buy in Oak Cliff (zip code 75211) has some premium Xbox 360s. In fact they have everything that other stores sell out of. Also, they have the gamer gift cards at that store and the Irving store at 183 and Belt Line.[/QUOTE]

What stuff are you talking about? They do have a decent selection but I haven't noticed anything hard to find there. I live pretty close to that store if you want me to check anything out just let me know.

[quote name='Santurio']What stuff are you talking about? They do have a decent selection but I haven't noticed anything hard to find there. I live pretty close to that store if you want me to check anything out just let me know.[/QUOTE]Well, they have Xboxes that don't sell out. When all the Best Buys were sold out of the red DS bundle they had them still. And earlier this week when every single Best Buy in Dallas was sold out of Animal Crossing DS, they still had them stocked. I price matched the TRU red DS with them because they were the only store around with it, Ultimate Spiderman, and the Intec Pro Gamer's Case. Anyways, it just seems they never sell out of stuff that the other Best Buys run out of.

[quote name='banpeikun']Well, they have Xboxes that don't sell out. When all the Best Buys were sold out of the red DS bundle they had them still. And earlier this week when every single Best Buy in Dallas was sold out of Animal Crossing DS, they still had them stocked. I price matched the TRU red DS with them because they were the only store around with it, Ultimate Spiderman, and the Intec Pro Gamer's Case. Anyways, it just seems they never sell out of stuff that the other Best Buys run out of.[/QUOTE]
Oh ok. I was wondering if I was missing something. They do usually keep items others can't due to its location and how new it is.

I went to the following places, all in lewisville, hope this helps anyone.

circuit city- picked up some siren's and some rouge ops for $4 each. They had a bin there, most of the cheap games were gone the had aleast 70 games.

toysrus- Picked up a galleon and and a ghost in the shell. They had a some ghost in the shell left still and some other games like geist.

compusa- they had a whole bin of games, but i didn't find anything cheap. They had about 40 games.

hey, at the East Dallas Sam's Club, Buckner and 30, they are having a GameCube & Gameboy Advance blowout with tons of titles @ $13. They have a special section near the photo processing area, and also check the regular video games area which still has tons of the $13 games.

These are the titles I remember that were $13:

GameCube:
R: Racing Evolution (w/ Pac Man Vs.)
Pac-Man World 2 (W/ Pac Man Vs.)
Metal Arms
Midway Arcade Treasures Vol. 1
007 Nightfire
007 Agent Under Fire
Wreckless
Sea World?
Power Rangers
Tak 1
Tak 2
Super Monkey Ball 1
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4

GameBoy Advance:
GT Advance 3
Pokemon Pinball ($16)
Worms
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4

Sorry, I can't remember anymore, but there were tons of titles.

Hey guys. In the main forum people seem to be finding Guitar Hero at Targets up north. Has anyone seen any recently down here ? Have a Target gift card and that would be perfect if I could find one. I have checked a couple of places with no luck. Any assistance would be great thanks.

checked by the compusa and ccity in mesquite. They have scarce selection on GCube and GBA clearance games but they still have a heavy selection of the xbox and ps2 games on clearance.

I've been unable to find Guitar Hero at the Targets I have gone too (Plano, Lewisville, Frisco) - they don't carry it nor even know what it is. Or if they do have it it is stuck in some backroom somewhere....I don't see what is so difficult about finding something that is 2 to 3 feet long and looks like a friggin guitar! :)

Ok here is a repost of the info I put over on the Target thread on the Deals board for anyone around here looking for Guitar Hero bundle. The quantities listed were as of about 8pm tonite.

Textuna

Thank you to Alleycat for posting the DCPI# for this item. I used it to locate it tonite. My son is playing it as I type this.

For those in the DFW area here is where it is at targets within 100 mile radius ($59.99):

Medallion Shoping Center - Dallas - 212 Medallion Shp Ctr - 5 copies
1122 W Centerville Rd - Garland - 5 copies (were 6! )
7845 North MacArthur Blvd - Irving - 6 copies
3333 W Airport Freeway - Irving - 1 copy
4343 Gannon Lane (Redbird) - Dallas - 6 copies
554 W IH 20 - Grand Prairie - 6 copies
2315 Colorado Blvd - Denton - 5 copies
7003 South Broadway - Tyler TX - 5 copies

For those of you looking for it, take the DPCI# 20-700-0566 to your local Target's Customer Service and they can locate on their computer which stores have it. They will print off a list of those stores for you that even has the mileage to each store along with their phone numbers.

Good luck.

If anyone here is looking for Kuon/Echo Night at Gamestop, I hit up the locations in: Allen, McKinney, Garland, Mesquite, and East Dallas (including Buckner, Caruth Haven, and Abrams). And also Valley View. Someone else hit the locations in Richardson, Plano, and North Dallas.

The big question is which GameRushes are you going to take them to so that I can go to another! :) - that is if I find any copies to trade (only looking for 2 of each, 1 to keep and 1 to trade). I followed up after the fellow in Frisco/Plano/Richardson. So far all I found was one Kuon that he had missed. Fellow that worked at the Frisco store had placed it behind the counter for himself. Unused, still had the seal on it. Still got it for $9.99. Going to keep that one to play - looks like a cool game.

All I know is I don't think I'm going to get anything from EB Games anymore. I was in the Richardson Square mall tonite (man that thing is DEAD!) to hitup the Sears (nothing there but one copy of Super Mario Advance 2 for GBA for $13 that I got). I went into the EB there and found a complete copy of Culdcept that I've had on my want list for $12.99. Had to put the artwork in another snap case though as those bozo's had no less than 5 or 6 stickers on the damn thing and they are NOT coming off...uggh...At least GS's single sticker allways comes off easy. I should have just gone another mile or two and looked at the copy at the Jupiter Rd GS as I could have used my GS card there too but I was allready at the mall.

Speaking of EB's...did you also check them out too? They'll be the same price there. Might be a good place to get a trade copy since it will have all the damn stickers on it.

[quote name='banpeikun']If anyone here is looking for Kuon/Echo Night at Gamestop, I hit up the locations in: Allen, McKinney, Garland, Mesquite, and East Dallas (including Buckner, Caruth Haven, and Abrams). And also Valley View. Someone else hit the locations in Richardson, Plano, and North Dallas.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't check the EBs at all since they don't show inventory online. I also suspect they didn't get the reprints that GS did for these (much like... cubivore and others). But I traded my copies to BBs and GRs all over the metro. I passed by a lot of them while looking for Gamestops. In the area, I traded at: Jupiter/Buckingham GR, Arapaho/Plano BB, Renner/Custer BB, 15th/Custer BB. That's it. I traded either 2x Kuon + 1x ENB or 2x ENB + 1x Kuon at each one. The mystery man traded all the Kuons to the Campbell GR, since they won't take any more.

I didn't see it on the list? Anyways I'm too lazy to drive up there.

[quote name='banpeikun']Also, Sherman TRU is one of the 87 that is closing. Might be worth a look. Anyone want to volunteer?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TexTuna']I didn't see it on the list? Anyways I'm too lazy to drive up there.[/QUOTE]Yeah it just appeared on the list yesterday. Cheapy got a complete list from someone so they're all up there. When the prices go down more it will be pretty tempting. Who knows, they probably still have a bunch of green tagged stuff up there... :drool:

I may head up there this weekend but probably not. Most likely I will keep looking for Kuon/ENB's.

I did managed to find 1 ENB tonite giving me a Kuon and ENB for my presonal collection (the games look fun, got to try them). I did make it to the Josey Lane and Frankford GS's and found a Kuon at each. That's at least enough to get me a Shadow of the Collossus at a GR or BB - likely pick that up this weekend. Unless I can think of a game I would rather have.

Both of those stores also had ENB, brand new copies for I think it was $14. I'll hold out for the $9.99 used copies.

[quote name='banpeikun']Yeah it just appeared on the list yesterday. Cheapy got a complete list from someone so they're all up there. When the prices go down more it will be pretty tempting. Who knows, they probably still have a bunch of green tagged stuff up there... :drool:[/QUOTE]

Has anyone tried the circuit city, compusa, or toys r us in plano recently? Im thinking of swinging by those stores, unless some one knows if there clean out or not on the current game sales. Thanks

I hit them all pretty frequently as I live here. The Circuit cities have a few titles left. Compusa at 75 and Colling Creek is and allways was pretty bare not much there. A few more (but not alot at the Frisco CUSA). I'd give both it and the store in Addison (tollway/Alpha) a look. I was at that store yesterday and noticed they still had some Siren and other titles. The TRU's are pretty bare a few of the more common titles (Giest, Transformers, etc.) are to be found at them. The one at 75/Parker had a few additional titles put out when I was there a few days ago. Tons of Time Splitter 2 for PS2 and PS2 Call of Duty:Finest Hour for $9.98 along with a few other titles I disremember. The COD is I think a good deal for that price if you haven't played it.

[quote name='toocool17']Has anyone tried the circuit city, compusa, or toys r us in plano recently? Im thinking of swinging by those stores, unless some one knows if there clean out or not on the current game sales. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I haven't had any luck at all with the Circuit City sale, compared to the other big sales. I still need a Xenosaga.

EDIT: And MGS:TS and POP:WW

On the CC sales I too never saw a POP:WW. I bought the only MGS:TS I ran into. I did buy Xenosaga early in the sale. Those went pretty quick. By the time I went back to get a copy for another Cag'r (might have been you banpeikun, my memory sucks) it was allready gone. Think I only saw 2 or 3 copies total of it. I did get most of the $5.96 PS2 games from that sale.

I have 2 boys that are avid Game Boy SP/DS players so picked up just about every $3.96 GBA title for them. Sure beats paying retail and gives them tons of stuff to play.
TexTuna

[quote name='banpeikun']Yeah I didn't check the EBs at all since they don't show inventory online. I also suspect they didn't get the reprints that GS did for these (much like... cubivore and others). But I traded my copies to BBs and GRs all over the metro. I passed by a lot of them while looking for Gamestops. In the area, I traded at: Jupiter/Buckingham GR, Arapaho/Plano BB, Renner/Custer BB, 15th/Custer BB. That's it. I traded either 2x Kuon + 1x ENB or 2x ENB + 1x Kuon at each one. The mystery man traded all the Kuons to the Campbell GR, since they won't take any more.[/QUOTE]

hi, have any of you ever traded the kuon/enb at the game rush at allen... i have never done it and i dont wnana go to somewhere that they have already suspect in anything. also for you who traded in multiple blockbusters, do you use the same blockbuster card or u simply open a different account at every place? thx for the quick response!

Hell I didn't even know there was a GR in Allen. I knew of one in McKinney but not there. Where is it at?

Blockbusters are the most convenient as they are everywhere and pay the same amount. Just present your Block Buster card, sign a trade agreement, and they apply the credit to your value card. Simple. Only takes a couple of minutes.

I'm going to the GR this weekend but not to trade but to use my value card balance to get some games I want (hopefully). The selection at the BB's I've been to is somewhat limited - no Shadow of the Colossus, no God of War, nothing that I'm interested in other than The Guy Game but every copy I've looked at is scratched all to hell - too many horny drunk teenagers handling game discs I guess!

[quote name='TexTuna']Hell I didn't even know there was a GR in Allen. I knew of one in McKinney but not there. Where is it at?

Blockbusters are the most convenient as they are everywhere and pay the same amount. Just present your Block Buster card, sign a trade agreement, and they apply the credit to your value card. Simple. Only takes a couple of minutes.

I'm going to the GR this weekend but not to trade but to use my value card balance to get some games I want (hopefully). The selection at the BB's I've been to is somewhat limited - no Shadow of the Colossus, no God of War, nothing that I'm interested in other than The Guy Game but every copy I've looked at is scratched all to hell - too many horny drunk teenagers handling game discs I guess![/QUOTE]

The gamerush on hebron and josey (carrollton) is usually stocked up with games. Im like the only one that trades in games, and im pretty sure they have some of the games that i traded in like God of war. You should just call them up, there are smart guys working up there. Also I have a guy game in good condition if you want it, but no manual. Lmk if your interested TexTuna. Thanks

[quote name='toadielurks']Xenosaga is $9.96 at CC at Cedar Hill, Hwy 67 - in case you wanted to know.[/QUOTE]Wow, I'm totally interested in that. Could you grab another copy if you happen by there? I'll pay for it and find some way to get it from you. I went by the CC in Lewisville today but they didn't have the Xenosaga TexTuna reported anymore.

[quote name='toocool17']The gamerush on hebron and josey (carrollton) is usually stocked up with games. Im like the only one that trades in games, and im pretty sure they have some of the games that i traded in like God of war. You should just call them up, there are smart guys working up there. Also I have a guy game in good condition if you want it, but no manual. Lmk if your interested TexTuna. Thanks[/QUOTE]Oh yeah I just went by there for the first time today. I didn't have time to look through all the PS2 games, but they definately had God of War, I think both new and used.

I picked up a Gamecube controller, 2x GBA wireless things, Meteos, complete Fire Emblem, Advance Wars DS, Lost Kingdoms, and maybe a couple other games. I left a Skies of Arcadia (no manual) and a Xenosaga (no manual). Oh yeah, I picked up Time Splitters: FP new and Megaman X collection new. But I was pretty impressed with the amount of stuff that gamerush had.

And if you're in the area, there's another GR down Josey a little south of 190 I think. Another GR that's quite stocked is the McKinney Lake something store. They were the only GR out of 6 that I checked (Campbell, Jupiter, Josey, Hebron, Eldorado, Lake something) that had DQ8 new last week.

[quote name='sweet_gorgor']hi, have any of you ever traded the kuon/enb at the game rush at allen... i have never done it and i dont wnana go to somewhere that they have already suspect in anything. also for you who traded in multiple blockbusters, do you use the same blockbuster card or u simply open a different account at every place? thx for the quick response![/QUOTE]I just use my same card and sign the trader agreement whenever I pass a BB when I have stuff to trade in with me. That way I only trade in 1-2 copies of each game per BB.

I should also mention I grabbed the Kuon and ENB from the 3040/I-35 GS in Lewisville.

Thanks, I'm probably going to hold out for a complete copy. One of the BB's I stopped at had one but I think the guy must have been reaching into the beer nuts before loading the game or something...uggh...

[quote name='toocool17']The gamerush on hebron and josey (carrollton) is usually stocked up with games. Im like the only one that trades in games, and im pretty sure they have some of the games that i traded in like God of war. You should just call them up, there are smart guys working up there. Also I have a guy game in good condition if you want it, but no manual. Lmk if your interested TexTuna. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Well saved me a trip there at least :) Did you hit the GS's on Hebron in Lewisville (Target) and Carollton?

I had planned going to them this weekend, won't bother if you hit them.

I may just go up to Sherman and see if I can do some pillaging in a non-cag environment! :)

[quote name='banpeikun']I just use my same card and sign the trader agreement whenever I pass a BB when I have stuff to trade in with me. That way I only trade in 1-2 copies of each game per BB.

I should also mention I grabbed the Kuon and ENB from the 3040/I-35 GS in Lewisville.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jlarlee']hey do you guys know of any good dog breeders? I need to get a whippet(sp?) and am finding nothing here. it doesn't have to be a pure breed(in fact id prefer it not be) any info would be great[/QUOTE]

Hey Jeremy, the wife's mom was researching Whippets a lot a couple years ago. I'll ask her if she knows of any breeders in the DFW area.

[quote name='TexTuna']Well saved me a trip there at least :) Did you hit the GS's on Hebron in Lewisville (Target) and Carollton?

I had planned going to them this weekend, won't bother if you hit them.

I may just go up to Sherman and see if I can do some pillaging in a non-cag environment! :)[/QUOTE]Yeah I think 3040 = Hebron. But I did that one in Lewisville (Target). I passed the one on Hebron in Carollton, but I thought you did that one already. I just did the one in Lewisville, so Carollton is still untouched by me. Hey, if you go up to Sherman, let me know somehow... I have a want list of some stuff.

I don't know if I'll go to Sherman or not but I might. PM me your want list and I'll keep a lookout. I'll hit that Hebron/Carollton store tonite most likely.

Earl

[quote name='banpeikun']Yeah I think 3040 = Hebron. But I did that one in Lewisville (Target). I passed the one on Hebron in Carollton, but I thought you did that one already. I just did the one in Lewisville, so Carollton is still untouched by me. Hey, if you go up to Sherman, let me know somehow... I have a want list of some stuff.[/QUOTE]

I go to the hebron (carrollton) gamestop every once in a while, they don't usually have much. I went the the gamestop off of josey today the did have an echo night beyond for $12.99. Also if your looking for any guides at the gamestops around here, i have been unable to find any.

I went to the Hebron (Carollton) store tonite. Found two Kuon's. Also managed to swap out my coupy of PTOIV (had bought a copy last week that had a few light scratches from one GS, this one had no scratches.)

Not sure where I'm going hunting tomorrow. Maybe Irving. That's alot closer than Sherman at least.

Oh yeah, Irving had like 4-5 stores that showed having Kuon and ENB. I haven't touched those. So you're probably not going to Sherman this weekend? I didn't have a chance to make a list yet, so Irving's a pretty good destination :). Unfortunately I still can't find a Gamecube Broadband Adapter. Valleyview and Firewheel showed having them in the computer, but they said they didn't on the phone. :(

Yeah I think I'm hitting Irving - that way I can run by their CC, Sears, TRU, and CUSA (haven't been to them though I'm sure they've been ravaged). Anyways its alot closer than Sherman so WTH.

I can't say I've seen a Gamecube Broadband Adapter either but then I haven't really looked. There aren't too many online GC games, what you wanting to play?

Hell I need to quit looking for games. I spend so much time doing that, internet, and by the time you throw in my addicted BF1942 clan playing - I don't hardly even play the damn video games! :) But everyone else in my family does. 4 year old has GBA, 11 year old the DS, Mom the PSP, then everyone shares the PS2 and GC. I've got GTA:LIberty Shores for when I can pry the PSP out of my wife's hands...Infected too.

TexTuna

bread's done
Back