Darksiders (360) 42.99 + Free Shipping Newegg

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I think a contributing factor to me enjoying the game was playing it just after beating Bayonetta. Now that games dodging has to be exact so you get to slow down time and they work in much the same way so it was an easy transition. I actually enjoyed the game overall more than Bayonetta, but I think Bayonetta was more entertaining because it was non-stop action. Darksiders was more of an explore the game when you want (just like Zelda, duh) so it broke up the action parts.[/QUOTE]

I find myself in a similar situation. I just beat Bayonetta last night and while I have a ton of unfinished games I was thinking about opening either this or AC2 next.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Nice deal, I want this, but it'll be cheaper by the time I'd get around to playing it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this.

I've got about 5 games I def want to play before I'd even touch this. That list is only going to go up as Jan finishes and Feb starts ...

[quote name='paz9x']well its sold out, that makes my decision much easier.[/QUOTE]

Ha, yeah. I was sitting here contemplating whether or not I should buy it (I really want to play it) but as soon as I saw it was sold out, I was bummed but kind of relieved. I hope Amazon does price match it, I'll jump on it then.

I rented this game since I can't afford the purchase at the moment but I did not put it down until I beat it when it came out.

This game is totally worth 40$ and I am probably alone when I say this but this game is way better than Bayonetta.

Bayonetta is only about 8 hours long and yes it does have high replay value but I felt that a majority of the game was just straight up frustrating even on normal. I had my index finger hurting from constantly dodging to get Witch Time.

And yes it's much more like Zelda because the four chosen bosses have nothing but huge dungeons + puzzles.

I bought this game last week and it is a must-have. It's been a reaaaaaaaally long time since I've played a video game this much. F'n love it!

[quote name='SativaSam']I rented this game since I can't afford the purchase at the moment but I did not put it down until I beat it when it came out.

This game is totally worth 40$ and I am probably alone when I say this but this game is way better than Bayonetta.

Bayonetta is only about 8 hours long and yes it does have high replay value but I felt that a majority of the game was just straight up frustrating even on normal. I had my index finger hurting from constantly dodging to get Witch Time.

And yes it's much more like Zelda because the four chosen bosses have nothing but huge dungeons + puzzles.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you ALMOST 100%. As I said in an earlier post Bayonetta is much more fun in short bursts or for just some non-stop really fun action, the dodging is insane, but it actually helped me a lot for Darksiders on Apocalyptic difficulty which is what I played first to get some trophies. It is a great homage to Zelda and my ONLY TWO issues with the game is getting souls is a bit annoying when you need to farm for them and the game is too short, I wish it were longer. I got through it on the hardest difficulty and got all the trophies in 4 days (around 24-25 hours).

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']The videos of this game made me think me of more action-oriented Fable.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't be more wrong IMO. I decided to finally play Fable 2 a few months back and while I don't regret owning it, it was no where near as good as I hopped it would have been.

just my luck, i wait most of the day trying not to buy and then I finally bite and THEN it goes out of stock, thanks everyone, more money being spent by me :(

[quote name='sherisdoppel']How?[/QUOTE]

How do Darksiders, Bayonetta and Dante's Inferno all have some Christian faith influences in them? Darksiders has War battling both angels and demons, Bayonetta takes on angels and as for Dante's Inferno, well...come on, he's going to hell. ;)

[quote name='NegativeZero']just my luck, i wait most of the day trying not to buy and then I finally bite and THEN it goes out of stock, thanks everyone, more money being spent by me :([/QUOTE]

Ha! Zero, didn't you suggest to me to skip this purchase? Guess you couldn't resist a good deal, eh? :rofl:

fuck I waited too long. I was going to do a little of my final then go purchase it then when I clicked the page it was OOS.

All well, just now know that $40 is my buy point.

i really want it but my backlog is at least 40 games full not to mention old console games... lol but if you have time sounds like a great deal

[quote name='Full Metal XL']How do Darksiders, Bayonetta and Dante's Inferno all have some Christian faith influences in them? Darksiders has War battling both angels and demons, Bayonetta takes on angels and as for Dante's Inferno, well...come on, he's going to hell. ;)
[/QUOTE]

I think you answered your own question.

This game is must have. I would say much better than bayonetta. I played the demo for dantes inferno but until Feb 9th i wont be able to say for sure a final judgment between the two. Darksiders isnt perfect but its worth $60. At $40 it's a steal. Buy it even if you miss the deal. It's one of those titles i want to see kick some A** in sales.

Darksiders is a steal for $40. Would have been in my top 5 if it came out in 09 and will probably be at least top 10 for 2010.

[quote name='dino88']I think you answered your own question.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I was answering sherisdoppel's question...they had asked me how all three games had to do with a Christianity flavored theme. :cool:

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Actually, I was answering sherisdoppel's question...they had asked me how all three games had to do with a Christianity flavored theme. :cool:[/QUOTE]

You answered sherisdoppel's question with a question and then went on to answer your own question.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Actually, I was answering sherisdoppel's question...they had asked me how all three games had to do with a Christianity flavored theme. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Well, technically you answered sherisdoppel's question with a question and then went on to answer your own question. ;)

[quote name='dino88']Well, technically you answered sherisdoppel's question with a question and then went on to answer your own question. ;)[/QUOTE]

No his question was rhetorical, he wasn't trying to find out how all three games have christian influences, he was stating: They do, as a response to sherisdoppel's "how?".

Waiting for the eventual amazon price match since it's oos here:)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dino88']Well, technically you answered sherisdoppel's question with a question and then went on to answer your own question. ;)[/QUOTE]

No his question was rhetorical, he wasn't trying to find the answer, he was giving his own answer in response to sherisdoppel's "how?".

Waiting for the eventual amazon price match since it's oos here:)

[quote name='Full Metal XL']How do Darksiders, Bayonetta and Dante's Inferno all have some Christian faith influences in them? Darksiders has War battling both angels and demons, Bayonetta takes on angels and as for Dante's Inferno, well...come on, he's going to hell. ;)
[/QUOTE]

I figure that's quite interesting now.
OMG something's gonna happen!

I know Amazon's gonna price-match this.
It happened a lot in the past and they never missed one.

[quote name='Warn3rv3']This game is must have. I would say much better than bayonetta. I played the demo for dantes inferno but until Feb 9th i wont be able to say for sure a final judgment between the two. Darksiders isnt perfect but its worth $60. At $40 it's a steal. Buy it even if you miss the deal. It's one of those titles i want to see kick some A** in sales.[/QUOTE]

Having played both to completion, I'd have to agree. I had way more fun with Darksiders. I'm going to have to buy it if Amazon decided to price-match. I really, really wish I didn't cancel my initial pre-order of the game.

I honestly was expecting nothing, but I ended up absoltuely loving the game.

couldn't stand playing this game. the story and lore was great, but the gameplay mechanics were god-awful and downright boring after 3 hrs. I have no idea how anyone can recommend this over bayonetta. its almost like the entire infamous vs prototype fiasco. Bayonetta being infamous; and just on an entire different level of superiority.

Does the game progress further? I've been very judgmental on the first few hours of the game. I just cant stand it.

What part did you stop at? Because the combat can be frustrating early on when you just have the sword and a few basic moves. It gets much better as you unlock more, get used to the dodging, and figure out how to attack enemies.

For example, the fat guys on fire are incredibly easy when you stand right next to them since they mostly just swipe at you which you can easy block.

i got quite a bit further after Samuel, my frustration came with dodging and the x combo with the inferior scythe attacks. i got tired of doing the same combo and getting hit trying to dash out (dodge) of combat. i don't exactly like the dodging. i havn't died so far, its a simple game, but i hate repetition; and my god, there is a lot of it to boot.

i have no other option. when i buy a game, i tend to go through with it even if i hate it. i just hope the game picks up, because im suffering from buyers remorse at the moment. on the other hand, ive already flew through my 3rd play though of bayonetta. i really dig that game; it keeps reminding me of god hand in its humor.

It's more enjoyable after the first dungeon when you have souls to buy more combos. You can also use the Crossblade which basically incapacitates an enemy for awhile allowing you to focus on others or lay into them.

Well I suppose that's your problem for buying it and then not just stopping your playthrough to sell it or something...?

Darksiders is a good game. Gamers and reviewers agree, but to think anything will get 100% praise is ridiculous. The camera frustrates me a little bit and after the bayonetta demo(though now I've played most of that game as well, but DS was first) the dodging feels a bit archaic too. Actually I'd have less problems with both if the block wasn't so awkward. Hold the dodge button without holding a direction? Really? I guess I'm just not good at stopping on a dime to block, so I rely on dodges.

ANYWAY, other than that I've had a great time with the game. I stopped like 3/4 into it to play some bayonetta after again getting annoyed with a camera angle/dodge(and no hit recovery time, instantly lost 6 bars of health from one attack =P). Honestly it doesn't come up that often, it's just reallllly annoying when it does.

The game wears its inspiration on its sleeve but proudly shows it off because I think it handled most of the elements very well.

And instead of attacking other peoples tastes and talking down to everyone that did like it:

[quote name='mythus'] I have no idea how anyone can recommend this over bayonetta. [/QUOTE]

maybe you could try just discussing why it didn't meet your expectations since there are plenty of people who would argue with you about how you could recommend bayonetta over darksiders.

Before I played them(well demo on bayo), I thought I would like DS more. After playing, I've flipped to bayonetta, but both were well deserved purchases and you could do much worse(rogue warrior).

[quote name='mythus'] its almost like the entire infamous vs prototype fiasco.[/QUOTE]

Oh and you're right, it's just like this because two games came out at the same time some people are INCAPABLE of talking about one without bringing up the other.

Ha! Zero, didn't you suggest to me to skip this purchase? Guess you couldn't resist a good deal, eh? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, I tried and tried but I then called a friend to alert him of the deal and he's be raving about it and suggested to buy it so I did :argue:
Another thing signing on 15 times a day doesnt help , seeing this deal over and over.

Were you as weak as me?

[quote name='NegativeZero']Yeah man, I tried and tried but I then called a friend to alert him of the deal and he's be raving about it and suggested to buy it so I did :argue:
Another thing signing on 15 times a day doesnt help , seeing this deal over and over.

Were you as weak as me?[/QUOTE]

Heh...true, signing on multiple times doesn't exactly give one the resolve they need to resist jumping on a deal they keep seeing on the front page like it's mocking them. :razz:That's how it almost got me, but I barely held out on this deal for two reasons:

1) I did the math & figured I should wait for the next Gamestop or Go Hasting B2G1F sale and pick up a barely used copy of Darksiders plus Bayonetta and probably by then Dante's Inferno for what breaks down to around $34 a piece...\\:D/

2) I wound up spending the $40 that I would've used on this game getting Tekken 6 for my PSP for $19.99 with Amazon's Gold Box and the Capcom Classics Remixed & Reloaded PSP games for $8.99 each at NewEgg. Whoops...#-o

So I sort of did good, and well...sort of not. :mrgreen:

[quote name='Vortextk'] Actually I'd have less problems with both if the block wasn't so awkward. Hold the dodge button without holding a direction? Really? I guess I'm just not good at stopping on a dime to block, so I rely on dodges.[/QUOTE]

Even though I had a completely different problem with the block (namely, it seems War cannot block instantly after doing the spinning saw blade move) I came to the same solution early on which is to attack a couple times, dodge out, slide back in and attack some more. If anything the combat itself is somewhat basic (considering War's arsenal, I'd like to have seen actual combos involving different weapons) but not terribly so.

[quote name='graf1k']Even though I had a completely different problem with the block (namely, it seems War cannot block instantly after doing the spinning saw blade move) I came to the same solution early on which is to attack a couple times, dodge out, slide back in and attack some more. If anything the combat itself is somewhat basic (considering War's arsenal, I'd like to have seen actual combos involving different weapons) but not terribly so.[/QUOTE]

I like the game, but I have the same issue with the blocking. What really throws me off is that most of the mid-size characters you fight early on have zero display of animation when you hit them. Without a way to gauge how much HP they've got left, and due to the lack of animation when hit, it's a pain in the ass to judge when they'll die.

[quote name='Bayshun']Oh Amazon, why won't you price match? :cry:[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, Amazon never matches online deals. Especially when the place is Newegg. I doubt they are much competition.

I pulled the trigger because I root for the (relative) underdog. Oh, and because I'm hopeless when it comes to this site and my little 'problem.'

But that's it! After this one, no more impulse buys in 2010!!

(Cue clip of slumped-shouldered Milhouse.)

[quote name='dino88']AFAIK, Amazon never matches online deals. Especially when the place is Newegg. I doubt they are much competition.[/QUOTE]

Unless Newegg has been price matching other places Amazon almost always price matches them. Rather quickly, too.

bread's done
Back