Darksiders II - $14.99 PS3 and XBox 360 @ Best Buy.com

[quote name='chelosera91']I got my PS3 copy but is the regular edition :([/QUOTE]

Same. Would have been a nice little extra to have the LE, but not too big a deal for me. Just happy I got in on the game at this price.

Got a :ps3: regular edition. I am going to sue BestBuy. And destroy everybody who got the LE. Then demand for 1 miiiiiiiiiillion dollars *pinky to lip*.

[quote name='TooPoor']Got a :ps3: regular edition. I am going to sue BestBuy. And destroy everybody who got the LE. Then demand for 1 miiiiiiiiiillion dollars *pinky to lip*.[/QUOTE]

Oh man! All of you that got the LE are in for it! I hear TooPoor has sharks with laser beams attached to their heads!

Got regular version. Not that big of a deal though. I doubt the extra content is necessary considering the game is supposed to have shitloads of optional content already.

[quote name='georgebot84']did anyone else's come in shady looking shrinkwrap? Mine looks different than my other ps3 games.[/QUOTE]
Mine too.

[quote name='georgebot84']did anyone else's come in shady looking shrinkwrap? Mine looks different than my other ps3 games.[/QUOTE]

It's because it has an extra cover/insert. When you take off the shrink wrap, there is a cover insert with English and another language wrapped around the case, take that off and you have the actual sealed game with the regular plastic wrapping and a plain English cover

[quote name='TooPoor']Got a :ps3: regular edition. I am going to sue BestBuy. And destroy everybody who got the LE. Then demand for 1 miiiiiiiiiillion dollars *pinky to lip*.[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! :lol: Too funny...

[quote name='zeldaking']I got the standard edition as well, plus it was reshrink-wrapped.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TooPoor']Mine too.[/QUOTE]

Did it come in the stretchy type of Reynolds plastic wrap? Not the manufacturer's wrap with the Y-folds on the top and bottom of the case?

That sucks...I got the regular version, but it at least came with the Y-folds. Most games that are new come with Y-folds...the other version usually means it was used and re-sealed. Just take it back to a local BB that has some in stock still.

I've had multiple PS3 games come in non-folded shrink-wrap in the past. I got this game for Xbox (on which every new game I've bought has had folds in the wrap) so I can't remark about this case in particular. But I wouldn't wouldn't worry near as much if it happened to me on a PS3 game since it's happened in the past

one of the 360 preorders I had was like that. I believe it was a packaging error that was suppose to be the BestBuy exclusive version as it had the comic (not sure about BB dlc) and no venticular slipcover. if you check the back of the case, there should be a sticker barcode which is the UPC for the "Limited Edition" ie BestBuy version. All first print LEs (non BestBuy exclusive) have the same UPC as non LE verions of the game.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Both games showed today and both are LE

me teh lucky[/QUOTE]

Great score! I got one 360 LE (non-BB), and one PS3 regular, both in store. Great price for this game!

[quote name='Stry-ker']Picked mine up today. Got the LImited Edition, yay!![/QUOTE]

My PS3 version arrived yesterday, and it was the LE as well! Cool beans.

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']It's because it has an extra cover/insert. When you take off the shrink wrap, there is a cover insert with English and another language wrapped around the case, take that off and you have the actual sealed game with the regular plastic wrapping and a plain English cover[/QUOTE]

just saw this, you are right - it was sealed twice

[quote name='matrix9280']If the game packaging wasn't so goddamn confusing maybe the company wouldn't have gone out of business.[/QUOTE]

Lawl :applause:

"Well we could have stayed in business but we had to buy so many of these damned shrink wrapping machines"

[quote name='zeldaking']just saw this, you are right - it was sealed twice[/QUOTE]

Yeah, looks the same on mine. Probably gonna give mine to a buddy so I did not open it.

P.S. I doubt the DLC is anything to worry about. The armor and weapons become useless as you eventually get far better ones.

[quote name='Donken']Lawl :applause:

"Well we could have stayed in business but we had to buy so many of these damned shrink wrapping machines"[/QUOTE]

Now you ain't gonna see no Darksiders 3 Limited Edition. Or Regular Edition.

[quote name='Donken']Lawl :applause:

"Well we could have stayed in business but we had to buy so many of these damned shrink wrapping machines"[/QUOTE]

that last part made me laugh

What is the difference between LE and the BB LE? Sorry if it's been asked before. I just don't feel like scrolling through all the pages.

I got the BB LE and it wasn't wrapped like the other games I buy.

[quote name='Koopa22']What is the difference between LE and the BB LE? Sorry if it's been asked before. I just don't feel like scrolling through all the pages.

I got the BB LE and it wasn't wrapped like the other games I buy.[/QUOTE]

I need this answered as well. If the contents of the LE represent something significant in the game, I'll seek out an LE copy, but if it's just an armor or something that provides an early stat boost but becomes irrelevant later (Like Fallout: NV preorder bonuses) then I won't bother.

[quote name='JoshTX']I need this answered as well. If the contents of the LE represent something significant in the game, I'll seek out an LE copy, but if it's just an armor or something that provides an early stat boost but becomes irrelevant later (Like Fallout: NV preorder bonuses) then I won't bother.[/QUOTE]

PS3 version (assuming 360 is same) is Argul's Tomb, which is a "whole new dungeon to explore, further extending the Darksiders II experience".

Definitely more than just armor or and early stat boost.

[quote name='dickybeans']PS3 version (assuming 360 is same) is Argul's Tomb, which is a "whole new dungeon to explore, further extending the Darksiders II experience".

Definitely more than just armor or and early stat boost.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I had a 20% off used coupon for GS and was just going to nab a used copy since this BB sale is over, but since the limited content sounds significant, I'll go ahead and look for an LE copy when I can find one on the cheap.

[quote name='JoshTX']Thanks. I had a 20% off used coupon for GS and was just going to nab a used copy since this BB sale is over, but since the limited content sounds significant, I'll go ahead and look for an LE copy when I can find one on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

The non-BB exclusive LE (basically all first run copies of the game) included Argul's Tomb. Argul's Tomb wasn't a BB exclusive (it is also included in the BB version, though). The Best Buy exclusive adds the Angel of Death pack DLC, which, IMO, isn't really a big deal. It's exactly what you mentioned earlier - an early stat boost.

The Best Buy exclusive also includes a mini comic book (included full size in the Darksider II graphic novel) and a lenticular slip cover (which is the coolest part of the BB exclusive).

[quote name='BrandonJF']The non-BB exclusive LE (basically all first run copies of the game) included Argul's Tomb. Argul's Tomb wasn't a BB exclusive (it is also included in the BB version, though). The Best Buy exclusive adds the Angel of Death pack DLC, which, IMO, isn't really a big deal. It's exactly what you mentioned earlier - an early stat boost.

The Best Buy exclusive also includes a mini comic book (included full size in the Darksider II graphic novel) and a lenticular slip cover (which is the coolest part of the BB exclusive).[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the info

I have some limited editions xbox version left. $25 a piece if anyone interested. Not sure if I'm suppose to post forsale on here or not. Someone let me know if I am going against rules. I'm new here.

Mine is vanilla too :(

[quote name='zeldaking']I got the standard edition as well, plus it was reshrink-wrapped.[/QUOTE]

How do I find out if its re-wrapped?

[quote name='asif105878']Mine is vanilla too :(

How do I find out if its re-wrapped?[/QUOTE]
If it's not a Y fold then it might be rewrapped.

I cancelled my copy over the phone with best buy and still got one. I got an email saying I'd see the credit, does this mean I got a free one because it was an oversight? I've never had this happen before.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Did anyone notice what happened with this auction? Listing for 66 games ($990 before tax, PayPal fees, Ebay fees) ended at $1225. Check the seller's feedback, he reneged on the auction and got a nasty negative from the buyer. LOL, what a moron![/QUOTE]
what a frickin jerk

[quote name='chimpmeister']Did anyone notice what happened with this auction? Listing for 66 games ($990 before tax, PayPal fees, Ebay fees) ended at $1225. Check the seller's feedback, he reneged on the auction and got a nasty negative from the buyer. LOL, what a moron![/QUOTE]

Good to know he's getting what he deserves. :applause:

bread's done
Back