Darksiders II - $14.99 PS3 and XBox 360 @ Best Buy.com

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']The LE that is selling for $15 does NOT have a Best Buy Exclusive sticker on it.
It's the LE that was available at all retailers at launch, it also does not have a slip cover on it, just a holographic game label

And the SKUs are different[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChaosLaw']lol. that's what the one i found looks like, but it had the BBY sticker and rang up as 50. i'm just trying to get a picture so i can call other stores tomorrow and describe it to them before i waste more time driving around the country trying to find it. i guess i could ask them to ring it up for me.

does the DLC on it even matter? does it add to the story? add achievements?[/QUOTE]

This is the one you DON'T want to buy, it rings up as $49.99.

[quote name='Jayrcee']This is the one you DON'T want to buy, it rings up as $49.99.

[/QUOTE]

I know what the one I don't want looks like; I don't know what the one I WANT looks like. Apparently they look nearly identical, just without the sticker. I doubt I'll be successful in explaining this to BBY, though, lol. I need to be in an area with a BBY so I guess I'll check it out for the hell of it.

Thanks to everyone who explained the covers.I went to one in the morning and all they had was the Best Buy one.Then after reading the posts I called a different Best Buy and explained the covers and situation to her and she said she would check and she said they had one left of the regular LE and she would hold it.I then went over and she was right and I got it for $14.99.

Just to recap the blatant slap in the face to real gamers who actually want to play the games. Looking at the numbers, the person prob bought every copy they had left in the store. The auction was for 56 but it seems they went back to the store or hit another location for another 10 games.
[quote name='YBX87']unfortunately, we are on "cheapass" gamer. Alot of ppl still think it would drop lower than $15, before bestbuy is sold out. This just confirmed my fear http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-56-F...0550?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4ac17f1316.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='htz']:shock:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='strait edge follower']is this a joke ? this must be a phycho slick dealer who did that smh. before taxes he spent 840$ on all of that. hes prob not going to profit as much as hes hoping he will and thats before the ebay fees[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TommyLove']Adding this to my watch list so I can see the outcome. 66 x 15 = $990.
The tax, fees and shipping may take some fees from him, but I'm sure he earned some nice reward points as well.[/QUOTE]
the :censored: an1mal13
66 games for $999.00

"Clearing out the shop, so take this deal while you can. Good luck and happy bidding!
On Feb-16-13 at 23:41:22 PST, seller added the following information:

THERE HAVE BEEN 10 GAMES ADDED TO THIS LOT BRINGING IT TO A TOTAL OF 66 GAMES INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:

15 copies of Darksiders 2 for PS3.
12 copies of Darksiders 2 for Xbox 360.
28 copies of Pokemon: White version 2.
11 copies of Pokemon: Black Version 2.

66 is the total games for this lot, not 56! Thank you."

I debated on getting on the PS3 or 360, but since I own the 1st on the 360 I went with that. I tried to do instore pickup, but it denied me to ship to store but offered free ship to the house.

Only reason I purchased the game is I had a rewards card expiring and $10 was my pricepoint.

why would any1 get ps3 over xbox when ps3 disc always spins and xbox you install it and it just spins for a little when you start it up
unless you want trophies or only play xbox exclusives on xbox

[quote name='boris1']why would any1 get ps3 over xbox when ps3 disc always spins and xbox you install it and it just spins for a little when you start it up
unless you want trophies or only play xbox exclusives on xbox[/QUOTE]
Exclusive?

Today's my lucky day, ladies!

I went to the local BB where I got my vanilla copy to pick up Bulletstorm and I decided to take Darksiders II (which has been unopened at this point) in case they had a limited edition (non-BB). And they had one left for Xbox! I was able to simply exchange my vanilla copy for the LE copy. No strings attached.

[quote name='Diad']Just to recap the blatant slap in the face to real gamers who actually want to play the games. Looking at the numbers, the person prob bought every copy they had left in the store. The auction was for 56 but it seems they went back to the store or hit another location for another 10 games.

the :censored: an1mal13
66 games for $999.00

"Clearing out the shop, so take this deal while you can. Good luck and happy bidding!
On Feb-16-13 at 23:41:22 PST, seller added the following information:

THERE HAVE BEEN 10 GAMES ADDED TO THIS LOT BRINGING IT TO A TOTAL OF 66 GAMES INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:

15 copies of Darksiders 2 for PS3.
12 copies of Darksiders 2 for Xbox 360.
28 copies of Pokemon: White version 2.
11 copies of Pokemon: Black Version 2.

66 is the total games for this lot, not 56! Thank you."[/QUOTE]

I doubt he will make his money back on these . . . unless they're stolen to begin with, in which case he'll certainly do fine. But 66*15 = 990, add taxes, listing fees, and PayPal fees, and he'll need to clear a fair amount to make a profit.

Just wodering does tis game get any more exciting lol. been playing it since friday and these large expansive areas are kinda dead,,, fighting is fun but theres not always lots of it... just seem to be walking alot with nothing going on.

lets see, darksiders 2 from what ive played so far has

.interesting story line
.prince of persia type platforming
.zelda dungeon crawling
.not to complicated but badass combat like god of war
.rpg elements with upgrades and leveling up
.awsome looking visuals and art style

yea im in love with this game !!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='strait edge follower']lets see, darksiders 2 from what ive played so far has

.interesting story line
.prince of persia type platforming
.zelda dungeon crawling
.not to complicated but badass combat like god of war
.rpg elements with upgrades and leveling up
.awsome looking visuals and art style

yea im in love with this game !!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

... and then you get to the ending ... WTF? Sad since we'll never see DS3.

[quote name='Jayrcee']This is the one you DON'T want to buy, it rings up as $49.99.

[/QUOTE]

Just to reiterate for everyone still confused...

The ones that ARE $14.99
6410941.jpg
3905186.jpg

Was able to pick up the Limited Edition today. I see the difference between the exclusive and the regular LE. Stoked I was able to get.

Submitted my order online and hope to get some version of the limited edition. But even if I don't, it was worth ordering online to save the time & gas. I read the dlc dungeon that comes in the LE is just ok and the BB exclusive dlc is just an armor set

[quote name='boris1']why would any1 get ps3 over xbox when ps3 disc always spins and xbox you install it and it just spins for a little when you start it up
unless you want trophies or only play xbox exclusives on xbox[/QUOTE]

That's always the most important thing I consider when I buy a game, how long it spins while I'm playing.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That's always the most important thing I consider when I buy a game, how long it spins while I'm playing.[/QUOTE]

and whether it comes with twinkies you cant forget that too. thats almost as important

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That's always the most important thing I consider when I buy a game, how long it spins while I'm playing.[/QUOTE] haha nice. done people like to change discs mid game ... weidos if you ask me

I have a code for Limited Edition on 360 that I don't plan to use. I'll trade it for about anything just to help a CAG out. PM me.

[quote name='jsivley']Submitted my order online and hope to get some version of the limited edition. But even if I don't, it was worth ordering online to save the time & gas. I read the dlc dungeon that comes in the LE is just ok and the BB exclusive dlc is just an armor set[/QUOTE]

The BB "exclusive" DLC can be downloaded on the XBL Marketplace. LOL.

The dungeon, as well.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That's always the most important thing I consider when I buy a game, how long it spins while I'm playing.[/QUOTE]
While it's hardly a reason to chose Xbox over PS3, it is really nice...

[quote name='Blaster man']While it's hardly a reason to chose Xbox over PS3, it is really nice...[/QUOTE]

thats a really good reason do you want your console really loud for hundreds of hours (for like call of duty or gta) making the disc spinning sound or a couple minutes

[quote name='boris1']thats a really good reason do you want your console really loud for hundreds of hours (for like call of duty or gta) making the disc spinning sound or a couple minutes[/QUOTE]

I like your sense of humor man :applause:

Lol...when did this turn into the first world problems thread? "I can afford a $300 game console and $60 games and apparently have hundreds of hours of free time to play call of duty and gta, but man, that somewhat audible disc reading noise is intolerable! I won't stand for it!"

[quote name='boris1']thats a really good reason do you want your console really loud for hundreds of hours (for like call of duty or gta) making the disc spinning sound or a couple minutes[/QUOTE]

too funny +1

[quote name='coopscohen']Just got my :ps3: copy via expedited shipping. Pleasantly surprised it was the LE.[/QUOTE]

Awesome I was hoping for some news like this - lets hope some x360s shipped as LEs as well.

what the hells going on? I picked a copy up today in store for $15 and wanted to order one for the PS3 online to hope i got the limited edition and see its back up to $50... did they just randomly kill this deal? I thought it was good through the week

[quote name='Kenshindono']what the hells going on? I picked a copy up today in store for $15 and wanted to order one for the PS3 online to hope i got the limited edition and see its back up to $50... did they just randomly kill this deal? I thought it was good through the week[/QUOTE]

it was part of their President's Day sale, started on Friday ended on Monday.

[quote name='Kenshindono']what the hells going on? I picked a copy up today in store for $15 and wanted to order one for the PS3 online to hope i got the limited edition and see its back up to $50... did they just randomly kill this deal? I thought it was good through the week[/QUOTE]
it is not a weekly deal, but a presidents day sale.

I called my local BB about the vanilla and limited edition copies of Darksiders II. Employee rang up both and the vanilla was on sale for $14.99 and limited edition still rung up $49.99. Thought I could pull off a switch of the price to get the limited edition. Went to the store to check myself and the tags were accurate. Personally scanned both of them and she was right. Oh well, got the limited edition stuff for free anyways a while back.

Picked this up over the weekend, great price for a great game! Thanks for the tip!!

bread's done
Back