Darksiders II - $14.99 PS3 and XBox 360 @ Best Buy.com

[quote name='Asgardian']How many "game expanding" DLC does this thing have? Will they release a GotY or Ultimate or Complete edition some time in the future? With the backlog I have, I don't think I'll get to this game anytime soon... actually, I own but haven't played the first one yet.[/QUOTE]

Considering how well THQ is doing... it's not a near future ;)

Anyway picked up a copy and as soon as I turned around someone grabbed the last 4 so I guess I was just in time. Also got the best buy le since that was the only version left

[quote name='Asgardian']Will they release a GotY or Ultimate or Complete edition some time in the future?[/QUOTE]
Sarcasm?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The developer and publisher are out of business and nobody else even wants to buy the IP, so no.[/QUOTE]

I would buy the IP if I could afford it. I really like Darksiders 1. Just ordered the sequel.

[quote name='zeldaking']I would buy the IP if I could afford it. I really like Darksiders 1. Just ordered the sequel.[/QUOTE]

There will be a second auction coming up for the IP's that didn't sell. Get your lawyer to Deleware and bid on it. Considering it was considered a failure it's unlikely anyone will want it. You can probably pick up the uDraw IP for a dollar too.

FYI: THQ is no longer a business. What's left of it is considered an "estate" which creditors are going to fight over.

[quote name='gotdott']Considering how well THQ is doing... it's not a near future ;)

Anyway picked up a copy and as soon as I turned around someone grabbed the last 4 so I guess I was just in time. Also got the best buy le since that was the only version left[/QUOTE]

How???

[quote name='rpg']Is this deal good till Saturday?[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have any inclination how long Darksiders 2 will be $14.99?

I have a $5 rewardzone coupon coming in tomorrow after I do the next facebook poll. I also have some games to go trade in case the 100% tiv bonus is over on sunday.

Just got home with my normal limited edition that I ordered with in store pickup at work today during break. Got to love smartphones. :) I looked on the shelves and didn't see anymore ps3 copies so glad I ordered it earlier and I got darksiders 1 downloaded back when it first went free on PS plus. Can't see myself getting to this anytime soon tho considering I got the whole god of war saga sitting in my backlog with many other games as well. Lol Does the dlc code expire anytime soon or can I keep it sealed?

Just got a limited edition Xbox version and there were plenty of stock left for both systems. Made me think this will drop further but not worth the time to wait since I want to play it now.
I didn't realize there were different limited editions. I got the one with the BB exclusives. They did an over-ride; but they had them all grouped together in the aisle which they did check.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Does anyone have any inclination how long Darksiders 2 will be $14.99?[/QUOTE]

Until Monday at least

[quote name='aaf']this game has perm price drop to $10 in EU PSN . so we should have the same .[/QUOTE]

30 days of going to best buys Facebook page = $15 RZ bucks = free game. No thanks to paying $10 cash when BB gave me 15 in RZ bucks for nothing.

Mine's at the store, didn't get a chance to pick it up tonight, spending time with the fiancee. Going vehicle shopping tomorrow thought so I'll probably swing by and pick it up.

^Get a fuel efficient one, great for hunting deals :D
Your wedding will probably eat up a large chunk of your money, save while you can!

I just checked my copy of Darksiders II I bought this morning (store pick-up) and it's limited edition. I wasn't even aware there was a limited edition for this.

[quote name='Blaster man']30 days of going to best buys Facebook page = $15 RZ bucks = free game. No thanks to paying $10 cash when BB gave me 15 in RZ bucks for nothing.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a couple different people mention this and am wondering how you do it? I don't seen anything concerning EZ points on their facebook page.

[quote name='Blaster man']30 days of going to best buys Facebook page = $15 RZ bucks = free game. No thanks to paying $10 cash when BB gave me 15 in RZ bucks for nothing.[/QUOTE]

How does that work?

[quote name='TooPoor']If you are not getting this already, you are doing it wrong.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. My only problem was that I was using $15 RZ bux for something that was 14.99 so I needed a filler item. I threw in Epic Mickey 2 and will immediately resell it on eBay. New looks like it's going for between $15 and $22 which is enough for me to at least break even on the filler item which is all I want.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Am I the only one who got the limited edition with the hologram cover for $15?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I did to! Would anyone want to trade a PS3 BB exclusive version for this Xbox 360 BB exclusive version?

Tried to grab the last BB LE, got shot down. It was even in the same slot as the vanilla version tagged $14.99.

Haven't opened it yet, but why does it have a slip cover outside the case underneath the shrink wrap? I can see the "BLUS" number on the spine for each. The one inside the case says 30829 while the one outside says 30829F.

On a side note, my store's manager marked down all the clearance games to $4.99 or less. All the good stuff I remembered was gone except I found a Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D for 3DS at $4.99. Required a manager's over ride, rang up as $39.99. YMMV.

Is Darksiders 2 on sale all weekend for $14.99 or just today(Friday)
I am trying to decide if I can pick this up tomorrow or do I have to do a online order before the end of the night?
Thanks

[quote name='mikepeluso']Is Darksiders 2 on sale all weekend for $14.99 or just today(Friday)
I am trying to decide if I can pick this up tomorrow or do I have to do a online order before the end of the night?
Thanks[/QUOTE]
it lasts till monday, but with that said bestbuy reserves the right to change it, or remove whenever they want. my advice is if you want it get it now.

Got the last Xbox LE at my store, was all they had left. Thought I might have to walk out empty handed, but it rang up at $16.xx. Good stuff.

Arghhh, $10 is usually more my price but all this talk about bankrupt THQ and out of print made me nervous, plus I had Facebook reward certificates burning a hole in my pocket. I'm gonna feel pretty silly when the March issue of @Gamer has a coupon for Darksiders 2, Best Buy probably has a million unsold copies of this game in their warehouse...

[quote name='phoenixlau']Arghhh, $10 is usually more my price but all this talk about bankrupt THQ and out of print made me nervous, plus I had Facebook reward certificates burning a hole in my pocket. I'm gonna feel pretty silly when the March issue of @Gamer has a coupon for Darksiders 2, Best Buy probably has a million unsold copies of this game in their warehouse...[/QUOTE]
By the time March rolls around you'll have more free RZ bucks anyway. At the rate this is going, we're all going to be getting a free 10-15 dollar game every month from BB.

[quote name='Blaster man']Agreed. My only problem was that I was using $15 RZ bux for something that was 14.99 so I needed a filler item. I threw in Epic Mickey 2 and will immediately resell it on eBay. New looks like it's going for between $15 and $22 which is enough for me to at least break even on the filler item which is all I want.[/QUOTE]

Completely off topic of Darksiders but slightly relevant... I used 4 $5 Reward Zone coupons I earned from doing the surveys on $20 to PSN.

I picked up a PS3 one today. Opened it up later at night. There was no game disc inside!! Brand new sealed game with no disc. This should be interesting telling them this when I return it tomorrow afternoon.

[quote name='hawkfan2311']I picked up a PS3 one today. Opened it up later at night. There was no game disc inside!! Brand new sealed game with no disc. This should be interesting telling them this when I return it tomorrow afternoon.[/QUOTE]

reminds me of a fun story at gamestop once well then it was EB games. bought the gamecube at launch and tony hawk 3 didnt have a disc in the case. that was a fun but i got the game after a few minutes in part because they werent a-holes and we got along alright enough.

so yes it does happen!

I bought the game with in store pickup yesterday morning, hoping that would give me a chance to get the LE for the same price. I was very to happy to see that when I went to pick up the game after work that they had pulled a LE copy for me :D. I also bought Pokemon white 2 for my wife and used $20 worth of certs I've been hoarding from the daily Bestbuy polls on Facebook so both games only cost us $10 and tax. Got $4 back on epic Mickey too when i bought it for $15 a few weeks ago.

le wrang up as 44.99 - had to run back and get the vanilla for $14.99 (still a pretty good deal) if i got all the dlc it would still be cheaper than $59.99 when it came out.

i'll probably sell it once i beat it.

[quote name='NINJA V']le wrang up as 44.99 - had to run back and get the vanilla for $14.99 (still a pretty good deal) if i got all the dlc it would still be cheaper than $59.99 when it came out.

i'll probably sell it once i beat it.[/QUOTE]

That's what happened to me! I just want to know what the hell these guys are doing to get the LE! Are you guys getting the BB LE or some kind of regular LE?

[quote name='Alien Spider']I bought the game with in store pickup yesterday morning, hoping that would give me a chance to get the LE for the same price. I was very to happy to see that when I went to pick up the game after work that they had pulled a LE copy for me :D. I also bought Pokemon white 2 for my wife and used $20 worth of certs I've been hoarding from the daily Bestbuy polls on Facebook so both games only cost us $10 and tax. Got $4 back on epic Mickey too when i bought it for $15 a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

I called the John Handcock BB and put Darksiders II and Pokemon Black 2 on hold. I got the Darksiders II LE too. This Limited Edition probably not all that limited. :bouncy:

[quote name='Indiana']Why would anyone buy a bunch of stuff and return 30% or more of it? That seems really crazy, I can understand why they have to limit someone from doing that.[/QUOTE]

if you buy alot of items out of compulsion bacause they are on sale you are going to either spend a lot of money unwisely or have alot of returns.

i do a little of both.

bread's done
Back