Darksiders II - $14.99 PS3 and XBox 360 @ Best Buy.com

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Because there's already another thread for this sale, even if it's abbreviated as DS2 in the title.[/QUOTE]
How could that abbreviation possibly get lost in a thread about sales on 3DS games?

Gamers are weird.

[quote name='simmias']How could that abbreviation possibly get lost in a thread about sales on 3DS games?[/QUOTE]

I have to agree, totally threw me off. I don't own a 3DS, so I had no reason to read that thread.

[quote name='Teujip']There is a "limited" edition with the first DLC in (argul's tomb). Not sure if those are still around, and whether they are the same price.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I went ahead and ordered a copy for in-store pickup so we'll see.

[quote name='tukai']Never played any of the DS series. I watched the IGN review and they said the game is very buggy. Did the game ever get patched?[/QUOTE]

The IGN review compared the game a lot to Zelda I felt for some reason. The game has dungeons I guess. I finished Darksiders 2, and found no bugs in it. I'm sure there are some, since the game is HUGE. Took me 20+ hours to beat the first time. Story is kind of slow, but pick up greatly near then end. THis of this game like you would think of Fallout, it might have some bugs/glitches, but its such a big games with so many mechanics, you gotta accept that with it. No game breaking bugs however, there was supposedly one during the first week, but it was patched a long time ago.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Didn't this game have some bonus DLC in the first printing or something like that? Are those copies still around?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the first copies were the Limited Edition. Don't know if the current ones are still "Limited" or just standard copies. I've never seen a Darksiders 2 standard copy however, they've all been the "Limited" one.

Might as well buy it at this price, if it ever went on sale at Gamefly it would only be about a $5 difference so might as well buy it new. Thanks OP.

[quote name='simmias']How could that abbreviation possibly get lost in a thread about sales on 3DS games?

Gamers are weird.[/QUOTE]

It's also the same abbreviation used for Dead Space 2, to add to the confusion.

Anyone order for in-store pick and not receive a confirmation email? I swear I submitted the order earlier but I've yet to receive one. Need to know if this is a known issue before submitting a new order.

[quote name='DjDonFrancisco']Anyone order for in-store pick and not receive a confirmation email? I swear I submitted the order earlier but I've yet to receive one. Need to know if this is a known issue before submitting a new order.[/QUOTE]

I got my confirmation email almost immediately and a pick up notice a few minutes later for the two orders I've placed.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It's also the same abbreviation used for Dead Space 2, to add to the confusion.[/QUOTE]
Good point. And I want to make it clear I wasn't calling you weird, but I think you knew that already.

Unless you one-starred this thread, in which case you're weird ;)

I would caution people against waiting on this. The developer is gone. The publisher is gone. Once stores run out of stock of this, it'll be gone for good. Legit digital versions might also vanish someday if the rights to the series, existing games, brand and publishing get divided up amongst different companies.

I haven't play DarkSider 1 yet. Will I miss anything if I go to Darksider 2 directly?
I wonder if they would re-price Darksider 1 cheaper than $15?

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']I would caution people against waiting on this. The developer is gone. The publisher is gone. Once stores run out of stock of this, it'll be gone for good. Legit digital versions might also vanish someday if the rights to the series, existing games, brand and publishing get divided up amongst different companies.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, that's why I grabbed it.

[quote name='cagfansub']I haven't play DarkSider 1 yet. Will I miss anything if I go to Darksider 2 directly?
I wonder if they would re-price Darksider 1 cheaper than $15?[/QUOTE]While browsing, I noticed that Best Buy had Darksiders 1 used for $5 on Xbox 360. I don't know how good BB used copies are, but hey, $5 might be worth a shot

Picked up a copy for 360 but of course nothing was priced correctly on the shelf tags.. I did notice though that the regular LE version without the hologram slip cover is regular $19.99 there....

[quote name='simmias']Good point. And I want to make it clear I wasn't calling you weird, but I think you knew that already.

Unless you one-starred this thread, in which case you're weird ;)[/QUOTE]

Yup, I figured that.

I do generally 1-star reposts, but I didn't this time because that Best Buy sale is rather large. In fact, one could make the argument that Pokemon White/Black 2 for $15 deserves it's own thread as well, since it's not in the title of this thread or that one. Either that or the main thread needs to be re-titled and re-organized.

In for 1. Did the In-Store pick up to make sure it was held, I'll check the shelves to see if the sleeved version is there and check to see if that is the one they pulled for me.

[quote name='cagfansub']I haven't play DarkSider 1 yet. Will I miss anything if I go to Darksider 2 directly?[/QUOTE]

I've played about 5 hours of each, and other than the protagonists being brothers (Death & War) and the storylines linking together, it really feels like two completely different games. They pretty much fill you in right away on anything you need to know.

The only time I had a true "oh, I remember this" feeling was when I saw Vulgrim the Demon Salesman in DS2.

[quote name='$hady']Loved 1 but don't see myself being able to play this anytime soon. Going to pass and pick it up later down the line.[/QUOTE]

Like some have suggested this might end up being a title that once it is sold out there will not be a restock due to its orphan status.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Am I the only one who got the limited edition with the hologram cover for $15?[/QUOTE]
im running to the store in a bit to see if I can snag a ps3 copy. Last I checked the nearest stores had 4+ copies

I'm straight up boycotting best buy because i got a out of the blue "excessive return" denial on a return i had. but... i may just break it for this deal.

Snagged one! Been waiting for this!

On a bummer of a note... 238 RZ points randomly expired on me because of the annual expiration rule. I'm guessing they make you use your newest points first... which is stupid because I've been using RZ points all year at BB to make purchases...

[quote name='knees_n_elbows']man, i really dont need to buy this right now... but i just did. thanks for the post.[/QUOTE]

Same here!!!
I don't need more games right now but that is a good price.
I m... m... must resist!!!

[quote name='FerDK']Same here!!!
I don't need more games right now but that is a good price.
I m... m... must resist!!![/QUOTE]

Just give in... Like some have said, I wouldn't take the risk of the price of this game skyrocketing once all the new copies are gone.

Due to the online pass in this game needed to get the platinum, and my worries of the servers being taken down with THQ going bankrupt, a good price like this was all I needed to pull the trigger. Waiting on confirmation they have it held for me and I will head to the store to get it.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='GamingGator']Due to the online pass in this game needed to get the platinum, and my worries of the servers being taken down with THQ going bankrupt, a good price like this was all I needed to pull the trigger. Waiting on confirmation they have it held for me and I will head to the store to get it.

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Man, 127 platinums? Where do you find the time?!? Now that I think of it I'd be hard pressed to find 127 PS3 games I'd be interested in playing...

gf bought me fifa street for valentines day, and although it was a good effort on her part I told her that I just didn't like the demo. Now I have something to exchange it for! woo hoo!

so would this be the same price in stores? or would they price match the website if not? I would rather pick it up tonight rather than wait to get home and talk it over with my gf to just do a store pick up thing (seems like a lot more work that just going in and buying it).

[quote name='roedaniel19']Just give in... Like some have said, I wouldn't take the risk of the price of this game skyrocketing once all the new copies are gone.[/QUOTE]

This, and thanks OP.

bread's done
Back