Darksiders II - $14.99 PS3 and XBox 360 @ Best Buy.com

[quote name='roedaniel19']Man, 127 platinums? Where do you find the time?!? Now that I think of it I'd be hard pressed to find 127 PS3 games I'd be interested in playing...[/QUOTE]

My totals really jumped due to playing some easy games for trophy competitions on a PS3 website. In fact, in the middle of one now. Otherwise, I would not be playing Eyepet :)

Still, I have a lot of good games I have played, and I dont own a 360.

[quote name='GamingGator']My totals really jumped due to playing some easy games for trophy competitions on a PS3 website. In fact, in the middle of one now. Otherwise, I would not be playing Eyepet :)

Still, I have a lot of good games I have played, and I dont own a 360.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I only play PS3 as well. With my lack of free time, I decided owning just a PS3 was the best decision for me as I like it's exclusives better. Anyways, that many plats is impressive. :cool:

[quote name='cancerman1120']Considering Darksiders is only one word calling it DS in the first place is a little "weird"[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Ha,
Thats an excellent point.
Maybe those guys should've been one starring the other thread instead of this one.

I'll admit, it sometimes gets annoying seeing multiple threads on the same item, but it this case, that does not apply. Many people would've missed this deal had it not been for this thread.

[quote name='tukai']Never played any of the DS series. I watched the IGN review and they said the game is very buggy. Did the game ever get patched?[/QUOTE]
I played DS1 all the way through and never experienced any bugs. That's after 24 hours in the game. Great game, by the way.

[quote name='jaimefbh']Are the LE ringing up the same price?[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm wondering, too. If so, I'm gonna bring back the SE I just got home with.

[quote name='TooPoor']Mine just shipped. Have to be in a work today so couldn't make it to the store to grab the LE. Sad.[/QUOTE]

Me as well. Who knows, maybe we'll still get lucky.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Just give in... Like some have said, I wouldn't take the risk of the price of this game skyrocketing once all the new copies are gone.[/QUOTE]

What the heck I finally bit. I love Best Buy $10-$15 games sales.
I have Darksiders 1 "free" thanks to PS+ so I need to get to that one first.
Thanks for the head up OP.

Cen FL Cags, Millenia Best Buy doesn't have any XBox LEs in stock. Plenty of reg editions though. Picked up mine. Thanks OP!

[quote name='KemperJones']That's what I'm wondering, too. If so, I'm gonna bring back the SE I just got home with.[/QUOTE]

Yep, picked one up today and confirmed the skus are the same.

Edit: my apologies for the false info, didn't realize there was a bby exclusive also called the 'limited edition'. listen to everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NINJA V']I'm straight up boycotting best buy because i got a out of the blue "excessive return" denial on a return i had. but... i may just break it for this deal.[/QUOTE]

Whoa never seen that. You must return a ton of shit.

[quote name='handsomepete']Yep, picked one up today and confirmed the skus are the same.[/QUOTE]

The BB exclusive that comes witb the purple Angel of Death sticker is a different SKU and should ring up as $50 in-store.

[quote name='blazers29']Is the Limited Edition copy same price as the regular copy?[/QUOTE]

The launch Limited Edition with the same UPC/SKU as vanilla copies, yes. For the BB exclusive Limited Edition with the lenticular slipcover, no. That one has a different UPC/SKU and will ring up at $50.

^No.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Anyone have any thoughts on the DLC? Good or bad?[/QUOTE]

Don't know anything about the DLC besides that they didn't include trophies/achievements, which is kinda lame.

My nearest BB is 30 min. away; wanted the LE and was able to PM at my local Wal-Mart with no problem. However, the discount is such that a manager is required to override, so the whole process took a bit of time. (Of course, buying any game at WM usually takes a bit of time, regardless!)

Was going to grab it last week with my $20 in RZ certs but decided to grab a $20 PSN card instead. Not headed near my Best Buy today but will probably swing by it after work tomorrow to grab a copy. $15 ain't too shabby.

[quote name='tylerh1701']^No.

Don't know anything about the DLC besides that they didn't include trophies/achievements, which is kinda lame.[/QUOTE]

That's... rather odd. I mean it wouldn't stop me for buying them if they're good, but I don't recall a game that had trophies that didn't have any for a single-player add-on.

[quote name='SINNED']Does a in store store-pick up require a credit card? I wanna buy this with my paypal money.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it does, every time I've used in-store pickup I've had to show the credit card used for the purchase.

[quote name='roedaniel19']That's... rather odd. I mean it wouldn't stop me for buying them if they're good, but I don't recall a game that had trophies that didn't have any for a single-player add-on.[/QUOTE]

I obviously have not played them but I've heard they aren't very good. Some of them are just weapons/armor, but I've heard the actual story DLCs are short, boring, and glitchy.

[quote name='roedaniel19']I'm pretty sure it does, every time I've used in-store pickup I've had to show the credit card used for the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Darn, ok thanks.

Those of you that are getting the LE's do you just take it up front and it rings up as 14.99 or is there some hassle? I ordered online but the BB near me had a ton of LE's left last time I was there a few weeks ago. I'd be willing to cancel my online order if I have a chance at snagging the LE at this price but something tells me it won't be so easy. Here is so cal nothing is ever that easy when it comes to VG purchasing.

[quote name='SINNED']Does a in store store-pick up require a credit card? I wanna buy this with my paypal money.[/QUOTE]

I used paypal. Shouldnt be a problem. Just make sure and bring your ID.

[quote name='Nogib']The launch Limited Edition with the same UPC/SKU as vanilla copies, yes. For the BB exclusive Limited Edition with the lenticular slipcover, no. That one has a different UPC/SKU and will ring up at $50.[/QUOTE]

i am confused by what you said, the only limited edition i found at my bestbuy was the one with angel of death dlc on the outside cover

[quote name='Darkfire']Those of you that are getting the LE's do you just take it up front and it rings up as 14.99 or is there some hassle? I ordered online but the BB near me had a ton of LE's left last time I was there a few weeks ago. I'd be willing to cancel my online order if I have a chance at snagging the LE at this price but something tells me it won't be so easy. Here is so cal nothing is ever that easy when it comes to VG purchasing.[/QUOTE]

The barcode on the LE is the same as the vanilla and will therefore ring up at the sale price.

So what does the LE look like (not the BB exclusive). Going to go back and see if I can get the LE. I think the BB exclusive has a sticker on it that says BB exclusive, correct?

[quote name='Donut2922']Whoa never seen that. You must return a ton of shit.[/QUOTE]

with sales going on i have been very compulsive and never worried about it since as long as it was new sealed, never got a warning about "excessive returns".

i was able to maintain a silver so i have bought atleast $2000 in the last year, perhaps $3500 but with a $1000 return average - probably a 30% return rate on items...

apparently their 3rd party data people did not like that.

[quote name='notung']The barcode on the LE is the same as the vanilla and will therefore ring up at the sale price.[/QUOTE]

I ran into this confusion while picking up a copy. The LE versions that the BestBuy closest to my work had were the BB Exclusive LE versions. They sent me to a BB a few miles down the road in Allen Park, MI. They had vanilla and non-BB Limited Ed. versions. Both $14.99.

The non-BestBuy Exclusive LE version is printed on metallic paper.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I obviously have not played them but I've heard they aren't very good. Some of them are just weapons/armor, but I've heard the actual story DLCs are short, boring, and glitchy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, what I've read all seems to say the same thing. Tons of glitches and can be completed in like 45 minutes, with weak story. May just play the main game and be done with it.

[quote name='roedaniel19']That's... rather odd. I mean it wouldn't stop me for buying them if they're good, but I don't recall a game that had trophies that didn't have any for a single-player add-on.[/QUOTE]
Final Fantasy XIII-2 comes to mind.

Could someone post the SKU for the non-BB Limited Edition?

(What's the difference between the two LEs? I'm getting the impression the non-BB is the better?)

I believe this is how it goes

Vanilla/no "limited edition" printed in the cover - Its part of a second batch of Darksiders 2 -NO DLC ($15)

Limited Edition/Not Exclusive - It has "limited edition" printed in the cover - Argul's Tomb DLC($15)

Limited Edition/BB Exclusive - It comes with a paper slip cover - Comes with Argul's Tomb and Angel of Death DLC ($50)

[quote name='NINJA V']with sales going on i have been very compulsive and never worried about it since as long as it was new sealed, never got a warning about "excessive returns".

i was able to maintain a silver so i have bought atleast $2000 in the last year, perhaps $3500 but with a $1000 return average - probably a 30% return rate on items...

apparently their 3rd party data people did not like that.[/QUOTE]

30% is pretty high imo. Is the return ban permanent?

[quote name='Donut2922']30% is pretty high imo. Is the return ban permanent?[/QUOTE]

i read/saw it somewhere on the bby forum, it varies depending on individual case. It goes from 30-90 days, or beyond

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I was going to pass on this one but I changed my mind and ordered for pickup. Another game in backlog. Is it worth it to find a darksiders 1?

bread's done
Back