Darksiders II - $14.99 PS3 and XBox 360 @ Best Buy.com

[quote name='YBX87']i saw it on the bby forum, it varies depending on individual case. It goes from 30-90 days, or beyond[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone buy a bunch of stuff and return 30% or more of it? That seems really crazy, I can understand why they have to limit someone from doing that.

[quote name='teknobeavr']more shenanigans from BB lately they have been doing this alot posting a recent game at a unbelievably low price and then when get to the site its sold out online and not avail for store pickup.

its like there just trying to sucker people into visiting the website so they can get some cheap "visits" for their statistics or marketing dept or whatever[/QUOTE]

It's still available at all my stores. You must be in a high CAG density area. :)

Was able to get the LE but no sleeve cover. I remember seeing it before with a comic...did I imagine it because the LE just comes with code for DLC.

The Best Buy Limited edition has a Big Yellow Best Buy sticker on the front and a cardboard lenticular cover. They are fairly easy to tell the difference between the two.

Good thing i cancelled my online order. Got to my bb and was bummed that they had two full stacks of ds2 but the front were the regular edition. Looking behind them were the hologram LEs. Rang up 16 and change after tax. Score

[quote name='shopsmarts']Was able to get the LE but no sleeve cover. I remember seeing it before with a comic...did I imagine it because the LE just comes with code for DLC.[/QUOTE]

You're thinking of the BB Limited Edition. The one you got is the regular LE w/ no comic and Angel of Death DLC.

[quote name='Indiana']Well I was going to pass on this one but I changed my mind and ordered for pickup. Another game in backlog. Is it worth it to find a darksiders 1?[/QUOTE]

darksiders 1 is all over bestbuy under their 19.99 value game bin. so i doubt it would be hard to find

[quote name='strait edge follower']got my copy of darksiders. guys get this game now as it looks awsome and its probibly not going be re printed[/QUOTE]

Picked one up for this reason. Dont see it going lower when everyone bites at 15.

[quote name='YBX87']darksiders 1 is all over bestbuy under their 19.99 value game bin. so i doubt it would be hard to find[/QUOTE]

true but however that game got reprinted before thq was getting into serious trouble. imo this will be hard to find new pretty soon. i might buy an extra copy and keep it sealed to see what it could be worth lol

Haven't even opened Darksiders yet... but for $15? Had to bite. Damn. $15 games are going to be the death of me. Hear that game industry? Sell your game for $15 and I'll buy it... no matter what. Ugh!

[quote name='strait edge follower']i might buy an extra copy and keep it sealed to se what it could be worth lol[/QUOTE]
That seems like a bit of a reach. :lol:

[quote name='strait edge follower']i hope bestbuy puts darksiders 1 on sale for 4.99 soon. heck id like an @gamer coupon for it for 15$ off :)[/QUOTE]

they put it on sale for $9.99 before, LOL i doubt you will see lower than that.

[quote name='Ghemy']Where's the best (cheapest) place to get the first one? I'd like to play it before this one.[/QUOTE]

if you can find a used copy at bestbuy, it is $4.99 xbox 360 only tho

[quote name='Ghemy']Where's the best (cheapest) place to get the first one? I'd like to play it before this one.[/QUOTE]

i think newegg, go hastings or gamefly has it for 10. the birthday coupon/pur gamestop combo can be good to if you have credit to spare

Thanks OP. I ordered the PS3 version w/ FS no problem. I was going to go pick it up at the local store but why bother, I won't get to this for months. Still, $16.28 w/ tax was too good to pass up.

And this is why I don't buy games when they release, it's been what, 6-8 months? I know THQ went under but this isn't the only game to drop so far so fast. Though I did just spend $40 for Lego LotR yesterday, it came w/ the first film on blu-ray and it's my wife's favorite. Best Valentin'es Day gift I ever purchased ;-)

I think the original Darksiders is still free for PS+ members.

[quote name='KemperJones']I think the original Darksiders is still free for PS+ members.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's still available for free.

Weird, best buy wasn't letting me see this at all this morning where it was nearby, unfortunately didn't have time before leaving for work to order Kid Icarus uprising. The Best Buy near my office didn't have either Uprising or Darksiders II...and then when I got home it was available for shipping, even.

Might be tough to get new cheaper (and with the "online pass" thing new matters) now that thq is kaput...and still had some best buy credit after the trade-in bonus, so I picked it up.

Shame I missed Uprising though.

First console game I've bought all year. Too busy to pick it up, though, so I'll probably miss out on the LE glory...but whatever. Enjoyed the first one a lot and been waiting for a sub-$20 price. Just glad it wasn't OOS yet (or again).

The girlfriend couldn't find the LE at the Best Buy near her work, so I had her just pick up a vanilla copy. Even if I can't find one at my local Best Buy tomorrow, I'll just settle for this one and get the DLC separately. I'm sure it'll go on sale long before I actually get around to the game anyway.

Got an LE with the shiny cover.

Weird thing was, the employee gave me a super hard time about not having the email printout. Asked for my full name and phone number, and acted like the order wasn't in the system, this big runaround before he finally acknowledged it was there. Same guy who didn't even look at the printout and told me I didn't need it two weeks ago when I came in to pick up a uDraw. :p

thanks op picked one up for $10 after using a cert. They had the 360 version ready for me when I bought the ps3 one, I am just glad they still had the ps3 version in stock. The people in front of me also had their order messed up.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Now I just need to find someone selling a cheap copy of the strategy guide.[/QUOTE]
The strategy guide has signatures of everyone on the development team, its definitely worth picking it up. I got mines for 50% off last month at GameStop.

On another note, I tried getting the copy I picked up last month with the comic book, lenticular cover price matched but apparently the sku is different. I got it for $25 after that spend $100 save $50 coupon so I kept it for collecting.

I went to pick up my copy and it was the non-LE so I just grabbed the last LE off the shelf and swapped it with it. The employee didn't scan it or anything. I could've snagged the BB exclusive and would've gotten away with it, but I didn't want to be dishonest.

The damn Best buy near me didn't let me get away with it so easily. I tried to be the honest one and get the LE the RIGHT way, but apparently, they have different barcodes than the regular version. I'm not complaining, but I'm just wondering how everyone here got the LE copy...

[quote name='SINNED']Ok just got back from BB and bought the LE version for $15. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

How'd you get the LE edition? Only the standard edition is on sale

There are 3 versions of darksiders II @ Best Buy.

1. Darksiders II standard
  2. Darksiders II Limited Edition with holographic cover
  3. Darksiders II Limited Edition BB Exclusive with lenticular cover
It is the 3rd one that is not part of the sale.

[quote name='htz']There are 3 versions of darksiders II @ Best Buy.

It is the 3rd one that is not part of the sale.[/QUOTE]

The third one is NOT included in the sale. I tried. :cry:

[quote name='htz']There are 3 versions of darksiders II @ Best Buy.

It is the 3rd one that is not part of the sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FlyingAce39']The third one is NOT included in the sale. I tried. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Why did you capitalize "NOT"? htz didn't say was included.

How many "game expanding" DLC does this thing have? Will they release a GotY or Ultimate or Complete edition some time in the future? With the backlog I have, I don't think I'll get to this game anytime soon... actually, I own but haven't played the first one yet.

[quote name='Asgardian']Will they release a GotY or Ultimate or Complete edition some time in the future?[/QUOTE]
The developer and publisher are out of business and nobody else even wants to buy the IP, so no.

[quote name='TooPoor']Why did you capitalize "NOT"? htz didn't say was included.[/QUOTE]

I read it wrong. My mistake.

I was putting emphasis on "not" because I thought he was asking, not stating. Again, my mistake. :roll:

bread's done
Back