Darksiders (PS3, 360) $9.99 + Free shipping at Best Buy

[quote name='MiraiLink']Bleh, got an email saying it's backordered.[/QUOTE]

I ordered one Ps3 copy yesterday and I got the same email this morning, hope it ships.

I had no idea people liked this game I rented it when it came out and thought it wasn't very good. As it just seemed as a game with a identity crysis since the core mechanics where just ripping off other games like Gow,Zelda, and even portal

[quote name='Murderstorm']I had no idea people liked this game I rented it when it came out and thought it wasn't very good. As it just seemed as a game with a identity crysis since the core mechanics where just ripping off other games like Gow,Zelda, and even portal[/QUOTE]

I think all the recent previews of Darksiders II have piqued interest in the original. To be honest, I don't remember much advertisement for the first game so it slipped completely under my radar.

Already played and beat this, for $10 I'll add to my collection. I only hope it has the foil cover like the original release.

the copy I ordered some 3 weeks ago for $5.50 NEW is in the process of being fulfilled it says (under my Order Status). It use to say Backordered on that page.

[quote name='AteBit']Already played and beat this, for $10 I'll add to my collection. I only hope it has the foil cover like the original release.[/QUOTE]
Swung by my local BB yesterday and it wasn't :(. They had two little display cases with about 10 games each but all but one xbox360 were left and it was the non foil Ed.

[quote name='nypickle']the copy I ordered some 3 weeks ago for $5.50 NEW is in the process of being fulfilled it says (under my Order Status). It use to say Backordered on that page.[/QUOTE]

Same here, so I hope that's a good sign!

[quote name='confoosious']Where's my $5.50 copy?[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering that too , however I looked at my credit card statement and I noticed that best buy charged my card last week so I hope to see my copy in the mail soon.

I decided to play it on hard... don't.
From what I've read that's why I'm not enjoying it.
The hard mode just makes it annoying.

[quote name='fadersdream']I decided to play it on hard... don't.
The hard mode just makes it annoying.[/QUOTE]

You would say it's more difficult than God of War III on hard?

[quote name='FerDK']You would say it's more difficult than God of War III on hard?[/QUOTE]

Wow if Darksiders is harder than God of War 3 I'm fucked

Thanks for the tip.

Ordered one for pickup. I wasn't hugely interested, but for 10 bucks it's hard to pass up on what looks like a solid play.

[quote name='sirdudeoi']For that that did the $5 "Pre order" I just got a shipping confirmation.

Edit: beaten to the punch.[/QUOTE]

just checked my email and sure enough there is the shipping email for the $5.50 order as mentioned. :applause:

lol,cheap ass bestbuy!In for 1!:applause:
CqAGq

Got my shipping confirmation for my $5 order of Darksiders 360 from awhile back, but the PS3 version I ordered last night is on backorder now. Lol :roll:

My 5.50$ "Pre-Order" also has now shipped. Score. However, it is no where on my credit card statement. Not pending, nothing.

[quote name='scottman']My $5.50 order just shipped. Yay for Bestbuy![/QUOTE]

[quote name='sirdudeoi']For that that did the $5 "Pre order" I just got a shipping confirmation.

Edit: beaten to the punch.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nypickle']just checked my email and sure enough there is the shipping email for the $5.50 order as mentioned. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Just echoing the above statements.

I really thought there was zero chance this would ship, which just further proves to always place an order even if you think it's a mistake (I know most already live by those words, but just sayin').

[quote name='don_juan_darko']Inbox (4:37am): Your item is backordered
Inbox (2:01pm): Your order has shipped

Wow, that was fast.[/QUOTE]

Same here! woohoo !!!

[quote name='FerDK']You would say it's more difficult than God of War III on hard?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Namerson']Wow if Darksiders is harder than God of War 3 I'm fucked[/QUOTE]
I tried to play Darksiders on hard. I played this a long time ago so I can't be 100% sure but I dont think it is as hard as God of War. But the camera annoyed the fuck out of me, so I got tired of the game, quit, and got rid of it.

Wish I knew about the $5 offer from whenever that was, oh well.

I was able to pick mine up today, they had to bring one from another store just for me. :D

I wonder why my $5.50 order is still back ordered then. But at least you guys have given me hope with the confirmation that yours have shipped

this thread should be closed this is already been covered in the sunday video games deal wrapup and bestbuy ..thread i mean come on admin do your job fairly YOU closed almost all the threads relating to target witcher 2 49.99 ad . see its just another example of the rampant favortism and the "selecting: of which rules they want to follow and which ones they dont

[quote name='teknobeavr']this thread should be closed this is already been covered in the sunday video games deal wrapup and bestbuy ..thread i mean come on admin do your job fairly YOU closed almost all the threads relating to target witcher 2 49.99 ad . see its just another example of the rampant favortism and the "selecting: of which rules they want to follow and which ones they dont[/QUOTE]

get over it. Your Witcher thread got closed, go outside and play.

[quote name='teknobeavr']this thread should be closed this is already been covered in the sunday video games deal wrapup and bestbuy ..thread i mean come on admin do your job fairly YOU closed almost all the threads relating to target witcher 2 49.99 ad . see its just another example of the rampant favortism and the "selecting: of which rules they want to follow and which ones they dont[/QUOTE]Quit pouting like a baby.

I am someone who won't play a game on hard if it's too frustrating or if a game is programmed to "cheat." For example, I refuse to play on Veteran difficulty on Treyarch's Call of Duty games because of the precision grenade spams, infinite spawns, enemies spawning behind you, aimbots, etc.

That said, I had no problems with Darksiders on hard. I would suggest maybe starting off on normal difficulty first, to enjoy it. Some of the puzzles are pretty challenging. Then if you feel like it, go back and do a playthrough on hard.

It's a fun and recommended game, nonetheless.

I'm sure others had this happen to them, but I thought it was funny.

This morning: E-mail saying item is backordered for 1-2 weeks

This evening: E-mail saying item has shipped

Now, work did feel like it took forever today, but I didn't think I was gone any 1 or 2 weeks. :lol:

Every time a BB special deal like this comes up.....
Not available for shipping.
Not available at a store in my area.

This... is no different.
And This... is why I don't usually bother with the BB (or even the Target) special deal threads.

But congrats to everyone who was able to get in on this.
I hear it is very underrated. :bouncy:

[quote name='WonkyToad']Every time a BB special deal like this comes up.....

This... is no different.
And This... is why I don't usually bother with the BB (or even the Target) special deal threads.

I hear it is very underrated. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

You can take the physical ad to target and get a price match. Sears will call BB to make sure it's in stock prior to the match (because they give an additional discount of 10% the difference). I've never had target call like that.

My $5 order shipped as well. I was beginning to think BB would cancel it at some point, but what a pleasant surprise :)

[quote name='WonkyToad']Every time a BB special deal like this comes up.....

This... is no different.

I hear it is very underrated. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

This went live at the BB website 24 hours ago and my order already shipped.
In the lasts months I've scored some (brand new sealed) games like: Crysis 2 ($10), AC Brotherhood ($10), Brink ($10) and Vanquish ($5), thanks to this kind of threads. Probably you should start bothering about this threads and be more quick ;)

Got my shipping confirmation for my 360 $5.50 "preorder." If anyone wants it, let me know. $10 shipped. I don't need it anymore after picking up a PS3 copy from a BBV closing down near me.

Well my local BB has it on stock so I'll pick it up later today, but if not. Than I'll order it online. Thanks for the free shipping info OP.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Still waiting on my 5.50 pre order :([/QUOTE]

Me too. I keep reading that people got shipping notices but mine still says backordered. I hope it does not get cancelled.

Got mine in the mail, thanks OP! But noticed its a plain cover not the other cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pend']Got mine in the mail, thanks OP! But noticed its a plain cover not the other cover.[/QUOTE]

got mine today as well. what do you mean by plain cover?

bread's done
Back