Darksiders (PS3, 360) $9.99 + Free shipping at Best Buy

the original darksiders cover is lenticular.

so I ordered two copies and one weighs half an hour less than the other.

i wonder if it's missing the disc.

Sweet a store near me got more copies back in stock. In store pick up here I come!

Now to just add it to the backlog and play it next year.

[quote name='confoosious']the original darksiders cover is lenticular.

so I ordered two copies and one weighs half an hour less than the other.

i wonder if it's missing the disc.[/QUOTE]

We can weigh time now? I mean, time is relative, but...

On a serious note, I've seen shipping weights fluctuate greatly with very similar items. These being new copies, I'd expect that you'll be fine. I think the only difference from the early copies to the later ones is that it removes that small slip of paper with the code for the "free" art disk and red faction game, which has long since expired anyways.

[quote name='Lexxon']We can weigh time now? I mean, time is relative, but...

On a serious note, I've seen shipping weights fluctuate greatly with very similar items. These being new copies, I'd expect that you'll be fine. I think the only difference from the early copies to the later ones is that it removes that small slip of paper with the code for the "free" art disk and red faction game, which has long since expired anyways.[/QUOTE]

Time weighs heavily on everyone....

I meant ounce... have no idea why i typed hour. :lol:

So I opened the lighter copy and it was fine. Just had the eco case so that's probably why it's lighter. Didn't want to give a gift missing the disc.

I picked up my copy at Sears by price matching Best Buy so mine was one from the first run with a lenticular. I brought the physical ad from Best Buy. They call to make sure of the price and verify it's in stock. It took a while for them to do that but it was worth it. Not only do they price match but they then subtract from that price match 10% of the difference between the prices. My store had it on clearance for 23.98 so I got another $1.40 off. LOL

Just got one for PS3. Went to Best Buy on 5th ave (NYC) this morning I was told they didn't have any even though they were showing in stock. There were 2 for the 360 and one left for PS3. So have them check because these came in probably yesterday and they neglected to put them out. I just hate the guy wouldn't check the computer saying to me "We haven't have those in a while and I'm sure we are not getting anymore"... Just check your inventory LOL

Looks like they managed to get more stock in the stores. A of bunch of stores around me now have stock. I ordered a X360 copy for in-store pickup and will grab it after work. Been meaning to get this game for a while, and now will finally have it. Just got to make sure it doesn't stay in my backlog forever. ;)

site's stock indicator says unavailable for me but i saw several for both consoles in a special cardboard standee display case on top of the glass case where they keep extra stock of new releases.

Just finished Darksiders. It was collecting dust on my bookshelf for months.

Great game; the take on the Book of Revelations and Christian mythology reminds me of how God of War treated Greek mythology. The gameplay was awesome too.

I'm interested to see how Darksiders 2 plays. It looks like its going to lean more towards the RPG side of things, which isn't bad at all just a bit different.

Anyway, if anyone is on the fence about getting Darksiders, you should just bite the bullet. You won't regret it. And thanks to the OP for sharing this with us. :)

[quote name='oneneo']Just finished Darksiders. It was collecting dust on my bookshelf for months.

Great game; the take on the Book of Revelations and Christian mythology reminds me of how God of War treated Greek mythology. The gameplay was awesome too.

I'm interested to see how Darksiders 2 plays. It looks like its going to lean more towards the RPG side of things, which isn't bad at all just a bit different.

Anyway, if anyone is on the fence about getting Darksiders, you should just bite the bullet. You won't regret it. And thanks to the OP for sharing this with us. :)[/QUOTE]

Cool, that sounds good. Mine is sitting in my mailbox now so I'll try it out whenever I get a chance.

Wtf? I got an email today saying not only is my copy still back ordered ($5.50 preorder), but my order is going to be cancelled soon.

Yup just got a cancellation notice. Wtf they sent out online orders before the cheaper preorder ... pretty sheisty if you ask me

can someone explain the difference between the original cover (both 360 and ps3 I presume). I'm guessing it is a glossy or some raised image 'bump'

Just got me $5 order in today. It's obviously not a first-run copy, since to cover isn't lenticular, nor does it come with that bonus CD. I can't complain, though - $5 for this game is a damn good deal.

[quote name='keine']Just got me $5 order in today. It's obviously not a first-run copy, since to cover isn't lenticular, nor does it come with that bonus CD. I can't complain, though - $5 for this game is a damn good deal.[/QUOTE]

so all of the first prints come with a CD?

[quote name='rufusjenkins']Anybody know why it won't allow me to have it shipped? It says I can only pick up at store[/QUOTE]

I am assuming it is out of stock at the fullfillment center. Check your store if it is in stock and the store is close go pick it up ;).

[quote name='Gamer SDP']so all of the first prints come with a CD?[/QUOTE]

From what I vaguely remember ,yes. It could be just a digital download, tho.

1316618987-00.jpg

[quote name='Gamer SDP']so all of the first prints come with a CD?[/QUOTE]

I bought a first run copy. It doesn't come with a CD. It comes with a code that you can enter on THQ's site and get a bunch of stuff (including a free copy of Red Faction Guerrilla). Sadly the code expired a long time ago.

[quote name='keine']From what I vaguely remember ,yes. It could be just a digital download, tho.

1316618987-00.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Must have been PC only. I got a first run copy for 360.

Well hot damn. My 5.50 preorder just changed from backordered to in process cannot cancel. I just extended my backorder last night. There might still be hope for those of ud that preorded last month

Doesn't make sense that they would cancel the remaining $5.50 preorders now unless they just decided to stop honoring that price, although it seems they might be reversing and still shipping. But if they did cancel, you might end up better off than everyone else, since they would probably give you a $5.50 GC for the cancellation, in which case you could buy this week's sale for $4.50.

I called customer service today and had my $5.50 back order changed to in store pickup. They did it fairly painlessly and it's now ready for pickup. I would have much rather had it shipped, but at least I'm guaranteed to get it now. Just an option for those of you that don't want to take any chances

[quote name='H4Y4TO']Going to check my BB tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

In which case the price will be back up to $19.99. Sale ends today.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Just got a notice that my $5.50 pre order shipped. Hope you guys who have been waiting also get one![/QUOTE]

Mine shipped today too

I ordered this game on 4/16, is it usual for me to still not receive my game? This is my first time to buy something in bestbuy. I am confused about my item is lost....th website said standard shipping is 8 days....moreover, I can't track my item in the code that bb give me

[quote name='scottman']Bestbuy uses the really slow streamlite shipping, so it could easily still be en route.[/QUOTE]

But my item is already shipped last Monday.....

[quote name='solarnoise']Deal is dead? on PS3 anyway?[/QUOTE]

Yes it's dead, it was in the Sunday paper advertisement for the last week. The PS3 version was included in the deal.

Anyone ever have a case from Best Buy like this? Only time ever had a problem so far

Shipped to me, arrived in my home state of PA, about two hours away. Then the next day it somehow says that it is now in GA?

What is the estimate date of delivy? I waited for 14 days. I still can't get my item but the website said my order is shipped....is my item lost? I check the website is standard shipping around 8 days.l..

Well I tried to buy it from you BB but it wasn't available for shipping and it wasn't available in the store near me (even though it initially said it was). So instead I bought it used from Gohastings for about the same price.

Help..
What is the estimate date of delivy? I waited for 14 days. I still can't get my item but the website said my order is shipped....is my item lost? I check the website is standard shipping around 8 days.l..thank you

[quote name='ckc4043']Help..
What is the estimate date of delivy? I waited for 14 days. I still can't get my item but the website said my order is shipped....is my item lost? I check the website is standard shipping around 8 days.l..thank you[/QUOTE]

do you have a tracking number?

Just to give some of you guys hope, around a week before Christmas I ordered a game from Best Buy that I thought must be lost(going by tracking) and it show up weeks later in January.All my orders recently in which they use streamlite shipping from Best Buy have been horribly slow and the tracking has been confusing to say the least.

[quote name='Drclaw411']do you have a tracking number?[/QUOTE]

I have the tracking number, but I can.t track it because the ups tells me the tracking number is wrong....

bread's done
Back