Darksiders (PS3, 360) $9.99 + Free shipping at Best Buy

[quote name='nypickle']are you tracking it at http://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/
or if that doesn't work another option would be to use http://packagemapping.com/ and it'll auto detect the tracking number to the correct shipping company.
My order shipped back on 4/17 and was delivered on 4/19[/QUOTE]

I really can't track with my order...Here is my wroNg shipping number Good news! Your order is on its way. Hi ung, The item below shipped on April 16, 2012, via UPS Mail Innovations, and will be arriving soon. Tracking number: $ 02948705868305282230 Please allow 24 hours for tracking data to appear on the shipper's Web site. If you ordered items not shown here, you'll receive another e-mail with the status of those items. We hope you enjoy your items. Thanks for shopping at Best Buy.....is my item lost?

[quote name='ckc4043']I really can't track with my order...Here is my wroNg shipping number Good news! Your order is on its way. Hi ung, The item below shipped on April 16, 2012, via UPS Mail Innovations, and will be arriving soon. Tracking number: $ 02948705868305282230 Please allow 24 hours for tracking data to appear on the shipper's Web site. If you ordered items not shown here, you'll receive another e-mail with the status of those items. We hope you enjoy your items. Thanks for shopping at Best Buy.....is my item lost?[/QUOTE]

If you're worried about it, call bestbuy. They should be able to tell you what their tracking shows and if they see it's lost, they will probably ship you a new one. But mail innovations can take a while depending on where you live.

Ups mail innovations works like this: BB pays someone to ship it( steamlight), who pays to use the ups system( maybe they h straight to UPS now?)
who then pays the post office to deliver at a bulk rate discount, since its cheaper to have USPS do it than UPS themselves.

Cutting out the.middle men would seem to save some money and time, but a LOT of companies do this. Which is why UPS had a whole branch for it, and why the Post Office now accepts the new dual labels.

[quote name='FerDK']You would say it's more difficult than God of War III on hard?[/QUOTE]
It's not more difficult, just takes longer to do everything which makes the game feel very slow paced.

[quote name='6er']Little early to start drinking, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Bosama was responding to somebody else that was bumping the thread. I enjoyed Darksiders and am looking forward to part II now :)

[quote name='Donut2922']Bosama was responding to somebody else that was bumping the thread. I enjoyed Darksiders and am looking forward to part II now :)[/QUOTE]

Do tell. I posted on 4.28, and the next post, from today, discusses gameplay. Nothing about the deal. :p maybe you and Captian Obvious should get together and share some pointers.

[quote name='6er']Do tell. I posted on 4.28, and the next post, from today, discusses gameplay. Nothing about the deal. :p maybe you and Captian Obvious should get together and share some pointers.[/QUOTE]

huh? i dont disagree with his post and actually it saves confusion when somebody asks about the deal price since the thread was bumped.

I finally started getting into this game last night. The first 90 minutes or so are a chore to get through but once you get through to the first "dungeon" it seems to have picked up and I definitely get the Zelda comparisons now because the dungeon is a straight rip off (which is fine by me - I'm surprised more games don't try it actually). You get a map, find keys to open doors and get a brand new weapon that helps you solve puzzles to go deeper in the dungeon. So if the rest of the game is like this it will end up being a steal - you just have to get through the beginning (I almost quit).

Yeah, the first 90 min are awful. I nearly quit. But if you stick with it, it really picks up after you get out of the first dungeon. It really is a straight Zelda rip off, but I actually enjoyed it more than most Zelda games. (One of my biggest complaints with games these days is how long they take to get fun. The beginnings often are awful.)

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I hate God of War and Zelda, but for some reason loved the mix of the two in this game. I got about 18 hours out of Darksiders and still didn't get everything. It's definitely worth the $10 if anyone is on the fence. The boss battles are really fun as they aren't the typical "bullet sponge" battles, but there's a puzzle element to each and you end up wanting to play each one again. Combat is fluid and lots of fun, and the puzzles aren't too hard.

The first boss can go fuck itself. I have died 10 times now and I gave up last night. Hopefully it will click tonight when I try again.

[quote name='Camre']The bat lady thing? 10 times??[/QUOTE]

Yup. The controls in this game are horrid. I know what to do but I can't seem get out of the way of her attacks even when dashing and aiming the boomerang thing at the same time is not easy. I also don't think I'm powered up enough.

Oh come now, the controls are fine. One of the quicker 1ks I've ran through recently. From what I remember just do the side evade thing when she starts scraping her claws on the ground for the charge.

[quote name='buddynayr']Yeah, the first 90 min are awful. I nearly quit. But if you stick with it, it really picks up after you get out of the first dungeon.[/QUOTE]

QFT! I felt the exact same way when I first started playing. It picks up quite a bit after the extremely un-epic epic Armageddon level. Once you unlock a couple of powers it becomes a lot more fun.

For the most part I really enjoyed the game. There were only a few bosses that I thought were extremely irritating (specifically the stupid teleporting spider boss, wow was she a pain). The puzzles were good to, again for the most part (The Black Throne dungeon had a real doozy one that had me scratching my head for easily an hour). I thought the controls were fine, though War moves extremely slow, so getting place to place until you get the horse is a little boring.

Overall I'd give it an 8/10. A fun Zelda clone on a non-Nintendo system. :)

bread's done
Back