DBM's New and Improved List, now with less stuff! Have: A perpetually out of date list

[quote name='OldSchool77']From what I've seen of online gaming lately I have a feeling that almost everyone would try to hinder their fellow players:roll:. As long as it has single player I'll check it out, it looks cool and I hear that a sequel is coming out.[/QUOTE]

You haven't seen anything until you've played Call of Duty on a 360 online. The screaming 12 year olds cussing at you, the campers, everything about the online community makes you lose faith in humanity.
And yes, they did announce a sequel to Demon's Souls, coming out next year I think.
Also, I vaguely remember you having a computer on your tradelist last time I looked at it, still got it? If so, what are the specs/condition and how much were you looking for? Thanks to some recent ebay sales I've got some extra cash sitting in paypal, so I was thinking about upgrading my computer.

[quote name='deadbodyman11']You haven't seen anything until you've played Call of Duty on a 360 online. The screaming 12 year olds cussing at you, the campers, everything about the online community makes you lose faith in humanity.
And yes, they did announce a sequel to Demon's Souls, coming out next year I think.
Also, I vaguely remember you having a computer on your tradelist last time I looked at it, still got it? If so, what are the specs/condition and how much were you looking for? Thanks to some recent ebay sales I've got some extra cash sitting in paypal, so I was thinking about upgrading my computer.[/QUOTE]

I actually played COD: MW2 online on the PC and those same problems are there too so I guess it's not specific to any platform:cry: I ended up deleting the multiplayer component of the game since it was a separate shortcut on Steam. I still have the PC but I have a PM from Funions asking me about it so I'll let you know. If Funions doesn't buy it and you still want it I'll reinstall the 1Gb Hard drive and leave on some extras for you;) Here's the specs:

Dell Inspiron 530
Vista 32 bit home premium
Core2 Quad Q6600 (2.4 Ghz)
2GB DDR2 RAM & 500GB HDD
ATI HD 4550
DVD-RW Drive & Front media reader w/ Audio & USB ports
Keyboard, Mouse, and Dell mousepad

price depends on who pays shipping since it's fairly heavy but I'm thinking around $200.

[quote name='OldSchool77']I actually played COD: MW2 online on the PC and those same problems are there too so I guess it's not specific to any platform:cry: I ended up deleting the multiplayer component of the game since it was a separate shortcut on Steam. I still have the PC but I have a PM from Funions asking me about it so I'll let you know. If Funions doesn't buy it and you still want it I'll reinstall the 1Gb Hard drive and leave on some extras for you;) Here's the specs:

Dell Inspiron 530
Vista 32 bit home premium
Core2 Quad Q6600 (2.4 Ghz)
2GB DDR2 RAM & 500GB HDD
ATI HD 4550
DVD-RW Drive & Front media reader w/ Audio & USB ports
Keyboard, Mouse, and Dell mousepad

price depends on who pays shipping since it's fairly heavy but I'm thinking around $200.[/QUOTE]

Let me know if Funions doesn't come through, cause I'd love to buy it. Of course I'd cover shipping, (Through UPS Collect) and I could probably do around $200, I'm assuming theres no problems with it, right?
And let me just ask, but how does Vista compare to XP? I've used XP pretty much since it released, and I've heard a lot of bad stuff about Vista, so just wondering what your opinion of it is.

thanks alot for the gameshare link, bud. i've been without the ability to surf the net for so long, i feel like i'm lost most of the time, lol. may be me getting old, too, lol.

i used my wii & ps3 for internet access for 2 years almost (& it's very limited what those systems can view). i got an old laptop in a lowball late last year for 50$ shipped from maine to texas, so i can surf the web now( but it's got a whole 30gb hdd with about 32mb of ram, so i can browse in 1 window at a time, or it just about freezes up). i hope to upgrade when i get a job.

just felt like i needed to explain why i didn't think of google or using the search function, lol. thanks again, i really appreciate it.

EDIT: dang man, i thought i was gonna give you a bump. didn't count since you did yourself, lol. i'll give you a bump when you need one in the future.

bump

hey bud, i see you used to have wii registration codes on your list. if you happen to come across any before May this year, please let me know. i'd be interesting in trading/buying as many as possible to get platinum status.

these are the games i already have (abbreviated) - Wii Fit, SMG, SMG2, NSMB, Metroid:Other M, Super Paper Mario, DKCR, Sin&Punishment:SS & Kirby's Epic Yarn

thanks again, man. take care.

EDIT:same time post AGAIN, lol. i'll get you a meaningful bump eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
bump...

You guys just happen to be online around the same time, and I'm usually not :whistle2:( I replied to Funions PM the other day and I haven't heard anything back yet so looks like he thought it was too much. The PC is in good shape but if you want to upgrade the graphics card it needs a more powerful power supply.

I stuck with XP pro for a long time since I had heard bad stuff about Vista too but I didn't really have any problems with it. The only problems I had with the OS was that three older games of mine wouldn't run and I liked the classic interface better since the new and "improved" version made things hard to find. It's still on the classic desktop and I could leave it that way if you want.

[quote name='twztid13']bump

hey bud, i see you used to have wii registration codes on your list. if you happen to come across any before May this year, please let me know. i'd be interesting in trading/buying as many as possible to get platinum status.

these are the games i already have (abbreviated) - Wii Fit, SMG, SMG2, NSMB, Metroid:Other M, Super Paper Mario, DKCR, Sin&Punishment:SS & Kirby's Epic Yarn

thanks again, man. take care.

EDIT:same time post AGAIN, lol. i'll get you a meaningful bump eventually.[/QUOTE]

I should get some more by then, I'll let you know if I come across any.

[quote name='OldSchool77']bump...

You guys just happen to be online around the same time, and I'm usually not :whistle2:( I replied to Funions PM the other day and I haven't heard anything back yet so looks like he thought it was too much. The PC is in good shape but if you want to upgrade the graphics card it needs a more powerful power supply.

I stuck with XP pro for a long time since I had heard bad stuff about Vista too but I didn't really have any problems with it. The only problems I had with the OS was that three older games of mine wouldn't run and I liked the classic interface better since the new and "improved" version made things hard to find. It's still on the classic desktop and I could leave it that way if you want.[/QUOTE]

When are you online anyways? I never really see you, like ever.

I'm sure the graphics card should be fine, does it have any trouble running lower end games? (Say flash based games or Minecraft)
Odds are I'd prefer if you'd leave it with the classic desktop, I'm assuming I'll like it better.
But if Funions isn't interested then let me know, I've got the money sitting in paypal now so I can send it over whenever, and I'd like to get it as soon as I can.

Bump...

If you look at my Steam profile you'll see where I spend all my time online :p . Look to see how much game time I have for killing floor and alien swarm. It's not that old of a system, I'm sure it wouldn't have any problem playing flash based games. I was actually able to play Crysis and a few of the newer games. I asked Funion again but he still hasn't responded, I'll give him until Monday to respond and if he doesn't then I'll tell him he's too late.

[quote name='OldSchool77']Bump...

If you look at my Steam profile you'll see where I spend all my time online :p . Look to see how much game time I have for killing floor and alien swarm. It's not that old of a system, I'm sure it wouldn't have any problem playing flash based games. I was actually able to play Crysis and a few of the newer games. I asked Funion again but he still hasn't responded, I'll give him until Monday to respond and if he doesn't then I'll tell him he's too late.[/QUOTE]

If it can run Crysis then I'm sure it'll be more than enough for me. Like I said, the money's sitting in my paypal whenever you want it, so let me know if he responds.

hey my bad just PM me a shipping quote ill get back to you
saving for the Pokemon Black DSi bundle then im good to buy again

[quote name='adriley313']hey my bad just PM me a shipping quote ill get back to you
saving for the Pokemon Black DSi bundle then im good to buy again[/QUOTE]

Bump, pming you now.

[quote name='deadbodyman11']If it can run Crysis then I'm sure it'll be more than enough for me. Like I said, the money's sitting in my paypal whenever you want it, so let me know if he responds.[/QUOTE]

OMG we're actually on at the same time :whee:, I'll let you know Monday night if Funions has responded or not. I noticed that you have Tron for the PS3 in your tradelist, did you also buy one to play? I was just wondering if it was any good.

[quote name='OldSchool77']OMG we're actually on at the same time :whee:, I'll let you know Monday night if Funions has responded or not. I noticed that you have Tron for the PS3 in your tradelist, did you also buy one to play? I was just wondering if it was any good.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I think it's the first time in the existence of the universe that it's happened. :lol:

I actually didn't even buy the copy that I have, I won it from coke rewards back in november. (Just got it in the mail Friday :roll:)
Anyway, my fiancee opened it and tried it and said it was pretty awful. I really had no interest in it as I've never seen either Tron movie and have just never really been interested in the series in general.

[quote name='deadbodyman11']Yep, I think it's the first time in the existence of the universe that it's happened. :lol:

I actually didn't even buy the copy that I have, I won it from coke rewards back in november. (Just got it in the mail Friday :roll:)
Anyway, my fiancee opened it and tried it and said it was pretty awful. I really had no interest in it as I've never seen either Tron movie and have just never really been interested in the series in general.[/QUOTE]

I thought maybe some sort of intergalactic cosmic alignment must have happened or else time froze:lol:

Aw man, That really sucks I had such high hopes for another decent Tron game:lol: I really liked Tron 2.0 for the PC, I actually played it twice... once when I first bought it and again when I bought a new graphics card.

[quote name='OldSchool77']I thought maybe some sort of intergalactic cosmic alignment must have happened or else time froze:lol:

Aw man, That really sucks I had such high hopes for another decent Tron game:lol: I really liked Tron 2.0 for the PC, I actually played it twice... once when I first bought it and again when I bought a new graphics card.[/QUOTE]

Like an eclipse or a meteor shower, we'll only see it once or twice in our lifetimes and we can tell our kids of the magical time in which we were both using the internet at the same time. :lol:

Wasn't there a Tron game for the nintendo that was decent? I may just be inebriated (Which I am) but I'm thinking there was a NES Tron game that I heard was good.

[quote name='deadbodyman11']Like an eclipse or a meteor shower, we'll only see it once or twice in our lifetimes and we can tell our kids of the magical time in which we were both using the internet at the same time. :lol:

Wasn't there a Tron game for the nintendo that was decent? I may just be inebriated (Which I am) but I'm thinking there was a NES Tron game that I heard was good.[/QUOTE]

Nah, the chances of us being online at the same time is more like the frequency of a full moon:lol: It just seems rare since I'm usually on Steam or checking my email. I don't remember a Tron NES game but I remember playing a Tron arcade game that was pretty good. I know it might not be reliable but I found a wiki for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_(video_game)

[quote name='OldSchool77']Nah, the chances of us being online at the same time is more like the frequency of a full moon:lol: It just seems rare since I'm usually on Steam or checking my email. I don't remember a Tron NES game but I remember playing a Tron arcade game that was pretty good. I know it might not be reliable but I found a wiki for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_(video_game)[/QUOTE]

Hopefully once I get the computer I'll be able to join you on steam occasionally. :D
Speaking of which, got any good recommendations for games to check out once I am able to use steam?
That must be what I was remembering then, I knew there was some old Tron game.

[quote name='deadbodyman11']Hopefully once I get the computer I'll be able to join you on steam occasionally. :D
Speaking of which, got any good recommendations for games to check out once I am able to use steam?
That must be what I was remembering then, I knew there was some old Tron game.[/QUOTE]

First of all, get all the free games of course:lol: Let me know what types of games you're looking for and then I'll let you know. Steam has a huge library of games so it's hard to pick and choose. Just take a look at my game library and make sure to get a few of the same multiplayer games that I have;) Yeah It's hard to remember since Tron has been around for a while.

[quote name='thereefernander']Wow, that pixel are is incredible! Somunds like a hobby I'd like to get into! May come back to this post for some games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, always great to hear. :D

[quote name='OldSchool77']First of all, get all the free games of course:lol: Let me know what types of games you're looking for and then I'll let you know. Steam has a huge library of games so it's hard to pick and choose. Just take a look at my game library and make sure to get a few of the same multiplayer games that I have;) Yeah It's hard to remember since Tron has been around for a while.[/QUOTE]

Well, I play just about anything. RPG's are by far my favorite, probably followed by FPS games or just good shooter games in general. I'll play anything as long as it's good though.
I've also been playing a lot of co-op zombie related games recently. (Been on a zombie kick)
Also, one caveat, I refuse to pay for any PC game download unless it's some ridiculous sale or a game I absolutely MUST have. So I'd prefer to stick to free stuff. I actually already own a few physical PC Games, I'll have to check to see what I still have though.

Returning the bump....check with my buddy again and he couldnt get the slime you were looking for. They ended up having anonther preorder and had to give it out. Sorry....

[quote name='deadbodyman11']Well, I play just about anything. RPG's are by far my favorite, probably followed by FPS games or just good shooter games in general. I'll play anything as long as it's good though.
I've also been playing a lot of co-op zombie related games recently. (Been on a zombie kick)
Also, one caveat, I refuse to pay for any PC game download unless it's some ridiculous sale or a game I absolutely MUST have. So I'd prefer to stick to free stuff. I actually already own a few physical PC Games, I'll have to check to see what I still have though.[/QUOTE]

Check your PM's;) If you're into zombie FPS games then definitely get killing floor. It took a while to rank up but now it's one of my favorite online co-op games. If you're only going to buy PC games on Steam when they're ridiculously cheap then prepare to go broke at least twice a year:lol: Do you like flying games?, if so I can give you Dogfighter via Steam to get you started.

[quote name='jcmeadows']Returning the bump....check with my buddy again and he couldnt get the slime you were looking for. They ended up having anonther preorder and had to give it out. Sorry....[/QUOTE]

:cry:

[quote name='paynus']PM sent for me2[/QUOTE]

Pm'd back

[quote name='OldSchool77']Check your PM's;) If you're into zombie FPS games then definitely get killing floor. It took a while to rank up but now it's one of my favorite online co-op games. If you're only going to buy PC games on Steam when they're ridiculously cheap then prepare to go broke at least twice a year:lol: Do you like flying games?, if so I can give you Dogfighter via Steam to get you started.[/QUOTE]

Killing Floor is a FPS Zombie game? Is it story/mission based or is it more of a "survive as long as you can" type of gameplay?
I'm broke all year anyway, so I can afford to be super broke twice a year. :lol:
I've heard a lot of good stuff about Steam's sales though, particularly their holiday/black friday sales, although I've never actually bothered to see what the prices were like. Glad to know that I'll finally be able to check out their sales. Also random question that you may or may not be able to answer, but can you buy games on steam with paypal or does it have to be a credit card?
The Last flight game I played was one of the star wars flight games from the 90's. :lol:
At the time, it was awesome, so if you've got an extra copy of a random flight game then I'll give it a shot.

[quote name='jcmeadows']If you have steam on you PC let me know. I think I got a extra Half Life 2 for ya![/QUOTE]

I'll have steam in about 10 days, once I get my new pc from Oldschool. :D
Once I get it in, I'd love to take the extra copy of HL2 off your hands. Maybe it'll finally give me an excuse to play the damned thing. (No, I've never once played Half-Life 2 or Half Life 1)

free bump.

i still need to finish half life2. i used to love hale life1 & it's expansions, but was like 9 years later when i played HL2. i started to buy oldschool's pc, but couldn't come up with the dough. i envy you, lol.

[quote name='deadbodyman11']:cry:
Killing Floor is a FPS Zombie game? Is it story/mission based or is it more of a "survive as long as you can" type of gameplay?
I'm broke all year anyway, so I can afford to be super broke twice a year. :lol:
I've heard a lot of good stuff about Steam's sales though, particularly their holiday/black friday sales, although I've never actually bothered to see what the prices were like. Glad to know that I'll finally be able to check out their sales. Also random question that you may or may not be able to answer, but can you buy games on steam with paypal or does it have to be a credit card?
The Last flight game I played was one of the star wars flight games from the 90's. :lol:
At the time, it was awesome, so if you've got an extra copy of a random flight game then I'll give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

It's survive as long as you can but with a squad of human player's helping you to stay alive. I've only ever used PayPal to buy games on Steam, You can buy games for extremely cheap during the two big sales. I don't like to give out my CC info to any company no matter how secure they say their site is:roll: Okay I'll send Dogfighter to you this weekend then, don't forget to look at my game list to get some of the multiplayer games I have. You never played Half-Life 1 or 2?! If you had let me know I would have thrown in a copy for you before I sealed the box your PC is in, I bought a bunch of the jewel case versions for $1 years ago.

Loving the beaded pixel art! I do a bit of pixel art myself on the computer, though I'm yet to turn it into anything that cool. I mostly do demaking, old-school renditions of modern stuff, like this boomer:
8_bit_boomer_by_aptanor-d2zhnzt.png

Free bump.

Jesus, so many bumps to respond to. I feel so important. :D

[quote name='twztid13']free bump.

i still need to finish half life2. i used to love hale life1 & it's expansions, but was like 9 years later when i played HL2. i started to buy oldschool's pc, but couldn't come up with the dough. i envy you, lol.[/QUOTE]

I think you're the first person I've ever met in my life who has envied me for anything, ever. :lol:

[quote name='handsome_rakshas']bump[/QUOTE]

Hey, your alive!! I kinda just assumed you died after your last lowball half finished. Good to see your not a corpse though. :D

[quote name='OldSchool77']It's survive as long as you can but with a squad of human player's helping you to stay alive. I've only ever used PayPal to buy games on Steam, You can buy games for extremely cheap during the two big sales. I don't like to give out my CC info to any company no matter how secure they say their site is:roll: Okay I'll send Dogfighter to you this weekend then, don't forget to look at my game list to get some of the multiplayer games I have. You never played Half-Life 1 or 2?! If you had let me know I would have thrown in a copy for you before I sealed the box your PC is in, I bought a bunch of the jewel case versions for $1 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Sounds cool, is it free though? If it is, it'll be the first thing I download on steam.

Awesome to hear that Steam takes paypal, it'll make me so much poorer.

I'll check out your game list once I get the new PC, right now steam slows my computer down to a crawl. :roll:

Also, this is the other PC games I have, just for reference:
Age of Wonders
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout Trilogy
Magic the Gathering Discs from 5th and 8th edition
Majesty & the expansion
Nibiru - Not even sure where I got this or what it is.
Plants Vs. Zombies LE
Two Worlds
Ultimate Doom
World Of Warcraft - Got this free from Amazon.
And for the most part, I've never played games on the PC. I've only played about half of the games listed above, and I've played some flash games on kongregate, but other than that I really haven't ever used my PC for gaming. So all of the "classic" PC games, like HL2, I've never played.

[quote name='aptanor']Loving the beaded pixel art! I do a bit of pixel art myself on the computer, though I'm yet to turn it into anything that cool. I mostly do demaking, old-school renditions of modern stuff, like this boomer:
8_bit_boomer_by_aptanor-d2zhnzt.png

Free bump.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment, always love hearing it. :D

[quote name='OldSchool77']bump...

I sent you a PM with the tracking number for the PC and I sent you Dogfighter through Steam ;)[/QUOTE]

Got Dogfighter, though I'm going to wait to mess with steam until I get the new PC. I'm assuming the link you sent won't expire or anything will it?

Also, to answer the question in your pm, yes we can still leave feedback for each other, and although it won't increase our itrader feedback rating, it will still increase our positive feedback rating on the feedback page.

[quote name='Squarehard']bump for some dead guy with a body[/QUOTE]

Bump all you like, I still hate you and your slimes.

[quote name='handsome_rakshas']I like you so you should come bid more in my lowball.[/QUOTE]

Done.

Bump...

Unfortunately, Killing Floor isn't free but it's usually on sale twice a year. The links don't expire unless you never claim it and I accidentally resend it:roll: You shouldn't have any problem running any of those games in your list. Nibiru sounds familiar I think it was a point and click adventure game. Now that you have a decent PC you have a lot of catching up to do:cool:

Bump, I'm back, thanks for bumping my thread in my absence guys, much appreciated.

Also, HOLY SHIT MY COMPUTER IS GETTING HERE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good timing cause i think i just broke my keyboard with my intense enthusiasm :lol:

Computer got here yesterday Oldschool, I'm starting to get it set-up now and go through everything, not to mention moving my files from my old PC over to the new one, So much shit to do. Loving the new PC so far though, only problem is my printer can't connect to the new PC (Printer uses a massive fucking cable that the PC doesn't have a port for)
I'm sure I'll have more to post once I have the energy to really start working on it. I'll just say thanks in advance though for whatever you left on there, I only got to go through a little so far but it seemed like you put quite a bit of nice stuff on there.

bread's done
Back