DC Universe free beta codes live now. (ps3/pc) 5000+ keys avail update in OP 12/17

Wow graphics on the PS3 version are really muddy ... have to assume it would look better on PC. So far ... kind of on the fence ... it's trying, I'll give it that much

Man this thing is taking forever to d/l!! I started last night at 3am but then my ps3 auto turned off after 2 hours :( still have like 4 hours to go geeeezzz

Man I was looking forward to this game until they announced it would be a monthly subscription. Either way I really wanted to try the ps3 beta out but I missed the deadline. Oh well, what can you do right?

[quote name='doreo503']Man I was looking forward to this game until they announced it would be a monthly subscription. Either way I really wanted to try the ps3 beta out but I missed the deadline. Oh well, what can you do right?[/QUOTE]

The devs have proposed monthly updates to help lessen the sting of the monthly charge. So they will be adding new story arcs (rumor is one of the 1st is revolving around Green Lantern-hero/Sinistro-villian).

Also they hinted that events in the comics might work their way into DCUO.

You can check THIS THREAD for more info, though I haven't cleaned it up in a bit.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']oh i didnt know. if you werent such a prick i would have gave you one. oh well :applause:[/QUOTE]

and you can resort to calling names. Bravo, shows that you need moms permission to play.

And to show I have no hard feeling, you would not have "gave" me one, you would have given me one. "Would have gave" is not proper English, then again maybe you did not pass.

I've been waiting for this game for a LONG time. Please hook this guy up with a free code! I will kiss a puppy in return.

I have a code I'm not going to use for ps3 because I got it through psn+, if anybody want's it post here.

DON'T PM ME
Lurkers are not welcome

Damn it, I hate working! Missed this damn thing. Don't suppose anyone has a spare, lol?
Ah well, won't be too long until the game comes out I guess.

[quote name='skiizim']I have a code I'm not going to use for ps3 because I got it through psn+, if anybody want's it post here.

DON'T PM ME
Lurkers are not welcome[/QUOTE]

Please give it to me :).

[quote name='kitsunisan']Damn it, I hate working! Missed this damn thing. Don't suppose anyone has a spare, lol?
Ah well, won't be too long until the game comes out I guess.[/QUOTE]
Look up

[quote name='skiizim']I have a code I'm not going to use for ps3 because I got it through psn+, if anybody want's it post here.

DON'T PM ME

I could give that code a good home. :D

EDIT: Another fine CAGer sent me a code. So nobody needs to worry about poor ol' Beatdown anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T PM ME

If you still have it I would love it.

[quote name='skiizim']I just gave it to Earthking, if he doesn't redeem in 15 minutes I'll give it to you. MrBeatdown.[/QUOTE]

Cool, even if he ends up using it, it's appreciated.

[quote name='skiizim']I just gave it to Earthking, if he doesn't redeem in 15 minutes I'll give it to you. MrBeatdown.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I just redeemed it. Thanx...I really appreciate your kind gesture!!!

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I've got a code. $4 PayPal and it's yours. PM me.[/QUOTE]
You may want to rethink that.

Nothing spectacular to see with this game, at least not on the PS3. All the menus are laggy so it takes you forever to cycle through things. Graphics are OK, definitely not great, but the framerate seems to drop regularly.

It's just not interesting or fun. Whoo, I run around and punch some minions and that's it. I realize that's a lot of what MMO's are and that's probably why I've never gotten really involved in one before.

And what's the deal with mics/player voices? Is it disabled on the PS3 or is no one using their mic? I encountered plenty of other players but never once heard a voice or mic.

[quote name='tcatsninfan']Nothing spectacular to see with this game, at least not on the PS3. All the menus are laggy so it takes you forever to cycle through things. Graphics are OK, definitely not great, but the framerate seems to drop regularly.

It's just not interesting or fun. Whoo, I run around and punch some minions and that's it. I realize that's a lot of what MMO's are and that's probably why I've never gotten really involved in one before.

And what's the deal with mics/player voices? Is it disabled on the PS3 or is no one using their mic? I encountered plenty of other players but never once heard a voice or mic.[/QUOTE]

So many people going into this blind lol.

The menu lag is from the beta and should improve. Just like the graphics. The PC beta got and update and it was vastly better graphic wise on my system.

And the mics... They opted for a closed mic system. So you have to be in groups or certain channels like guild channel to speak with others. This way you don't have Powergirl knock off sounding like Barry White or little kids, or both. :)

Man, can't believe I missed out on this. Doubt I'll have any luck, but if anyone has an extra PS3 code, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

[quote name='jmbreci']and you can resort to calling names. Bravo, shows that you need moms permission to play.

And to show I have no hard feeling, you would not have "gave" me one, you would have given me one. "Would have gave" is not proper English, then again maybe you did not pass.[/QUOTE]

its the internet. who gives a shit. worrying about spelling. :applause: bravo Captain Spelling!

Since i have a few codes and its christmas the first person who can guess who my favorite muscian of all time is shall get a PS3 code... here is a hint... HE'S BLIND!!!!!!!!!!

congrats to denzalo for being the first winner and guessing stevie wonder. one winner per question.

question number 2: guess my two favorite christmas movies. one movie stars dudley moore as an elf named patch. the other movie co stars the hottest 80's chick in a role that has her tell a tale of why she hates christmas so much (her dad died while attempting to come down a chimney dressed as santa claus

remember these questions are for a ps3 dcu beta code

first answer whether pm or post wins

crap! I could see Phoebe Cates in my head, but I couldn't think of the movie. The only think that popped was Fast Times...

Fun beta so far! I had never before played an MMO before and I can easily see how they can suck you in!!!

bread's done
Back