DC Universe Online Thread *Lightning Strikes DLC 12/6/11* Free to play

[quote name='praxus07']Can't really get over how fast my sinestro char type has leveled. I remade the char last night before I went to sleep, only played through the starting ship before logging off. Played for just a few hours tonight and am already level 12.

The loot though ticks me off. I got all the parts for the greco-roman outfit, except the shoulders and belt. The belt you can only get at level 30, and the shoulders are a drop in the vault. Why do they make getting a full set so difficult?[/QUOTE]

yeah it seems like they do level up very fast i hit 20 yesterday and ive only been using him maybe a day or 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
And yeah, Sinestro/Lantern characters level ridiculously fast. Just made mine last night and played about 2 hours and it was already level 11. Probally gonna catch up and beat my Mental to level 30 (Currently 25)

My problem now is with the chat panes. On my tv everything always extends past the edges of the screen (GTA4 especially I could never see half of the cell phone), and that chat panel is right up on the edge so the players names get cut off and I can't see who's saying what. Plus the text around the screen edges is amazingly blurry.

Also in groups I never get any loot drops since I have no idea how to claim an item. I've done the scarecrow halloween run 3 times now and never gotten any loot from going in there.

Did notice my sinestro guy has started leveling much slower now, played all morning and only got to level 18.

[quote name='praxus07']My problem now is with the chat panes. On my tv everything always extends past the edges of the screen (GTA4 especially I could never see half of the cell phone), and that chat panel is right up on the edge so the players names get cut off and I can't see who's saying what. Plus the text around the screen edges is amazingly blurry.

Also in groups I never get any loot drops since I have no idea how to claim an item. I've done the scarecrow halloween run 3 times now and never gotten any loot from going in there.

Did notice my sinestro guy has started leveling much slower now, played all morning and only got to level 18.[/QUOTE]
Can't you fix the TV issue within the settings? Seems like you need to change to native or 16:9 or adjust edge masking if available or something. Unless your playing on sd

[quote name='praxus07']My problem now is with the chat panes. On my tv everything always extends past the edges of the screen (GTA4 especially I could never see half of the cell phone), and that chat panel is right up on the edge so the players names get cut off and I can't see who's saying what. Plus the text around the screen edges is amazingly blurry.

Did notice my sinestro guy has started leveling much slower now, played all morning and only got to level 18.[/QUOTE]

try doing some of the tougher campaigns. seems like light players have a 2 to 4 level advantage to others if you know how to mix things up. the
claw weapon as well as the whip
work well to stun enemies so you can get in alot of hits and keep them still.

and when you get the
helicopter ring skill
holy shit its game over that thing does massive damage to multiple enemies.

im able to beat people 3 to 5 levels higher than me in skill but i also chose a long range weapon to use as well. now im off to find out how to beat
dr fate
. that bastard is hard to take out.

[quote name='lokizz']
im able to beat people 3 to 5 levels higher than me in skill but i also chose a long range weapon to use as well. now im off to find out how to beat
dr fate
. that bastard is hard to take out.[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to beat him in mission or just in world?

[quote name='shadowkast']Can't you fix the TV issue within the settings? Seems like you need to change to native or 16:9 or adjust edge masking if available or something. Unless your playing on sd[/QUOTE]

I have a Sanyo first gen tube HDtv from 2006 (I think), and it's always been this way. There's really no settings to adjust other than color, the only screen size settings are standard (4:3), full (16:9), zoom1/2. There's no edge masking or anything in the tv settings. When I hit the 4:3 setting it still cuts off the picture so about 1/2 inch of the game picture is gone around the edges. I keep it in 16:9 mode since it's a widescreen set.

I did go into the game setting menu and tried adjusting some things in there, but the only real fix is to enlarge the text font, and to really make that readable is to make it so large one sentence fills in the chat panel. It's fine when I click the full window button ingame and the chat pane fills the entire screen, but who wants to do that constantly.

As far as looting with groups, it's just that I have no idea how the controls work, what to hit on the controller, and what that huge icon that pops up is for that looks like a safe with an explosion behind it. So grouping while fun nets me nothing...LOL. My character was the higest scoring damage dealer in the scarecrow group twice in a row, and got zilch for my troubles....

[quote name='4thHorseman']Are you trying to beat him in mission or just in world?[/QUOTE]

in the world i believe i already did the mission to beat him but hes one of those bounty deals. i beat
bizzaro
the other day and ill probably take a crack at
hawkman & hawkwoman
if the
fate
thing desn work this next time.

[quote name='lokizz']in the world i believe i already did the mission to beat him but hes one of those bounty deals. i beat
bizzaro
the other day and ill probably take a crack at
hawkman & hawkwoman
if the
fate
thing desn work this next time.[/QUOTE]

Of the ones below level 20, he is without a doubt the hardest. I don't know if it's a glitch or what, but during the fight he tends to "reset" causing full health for him again. The others you mentioned aren't that bad, but I have never been able to beat him without some help.

Still haven't tried going against
Powergirl or Steel
yet.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Of the ones below level 20, he is without a doubt the hardest. I don't know if it's a glitch or what, but during the fight he tends to "reset" causing full health for him again. The others you mentioned aren't that bad, but I have never been able to beat him without some help.

Still haven't tried going against
Powergirl or Steel
yet.[/QUOTE]

i beat both of them indoors easily enough can you fight them outdoors too ? i just found a new bounty for
killowog
so i cant wait to go after him.

[quote name='lokizz']i beat both of them indoors easily enough can you fight them outdoors too ? i just found a new bounty for
killowog
so i cant wait to go after him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are outdoors too:

Powergirl is a Level 29 Bounty if I remember correctly, but never got around to fighting her. There are others just in the world you can fight like Steel is who is hanging out in Steelworks near the entrance. There are two columns or something that are connected by a walkway near the top and he is hanging out between them. He's not there all the time, but I've never seen anyone actually try and fight him either.

There are others too like Superman and Green Lantern in Metropolis that I don't think are for bounties, but show up in random areas that you can fight. I tried fighting GL one time...took all of 5 seconds for me to be killed. I think the ones without bounties that are in the main world are always level 30.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Yeah, they are outdoors too:

Powergirl is a Level 29 Bounty if I remember correctly, but never got around to fighting her. There are others just in the world you can fight like Steel is who is hanging out in Steelworks near the entrance. There are two columns or something that are connected by a walkway near the top and he is hanging out between them. He's not there all the time, but I've never seen anyone actually try and fight him either.

There are others too like Superman and Green Lantern in Metropolis that I don't think are for bounties, but show up in random areas that you can fight. I tried fighting GL one time...took all of 5 seconds for me to be killed. I think the ones without bounties that are in the main world are always level 30.
[/QUOTE]

Actually those other encounters are for a feat. There's one for finding all the heroes and another for villains.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']I'm glad you guys are having fun but it's annoying waiting for the mass amount of people to catch up to do raids and such.[/QUOTE]

i cant wait to do some of those gl events but im waiting till i hit 30 and can get the best gear possible. should be there by the end of the week hopefully.

Have you guys been reading the official forums over there for the game? Seems like the people who pay for Legendary access are not fond of anyone that's free to play, or even premuim for that matter. Lots of talk about people free to play/premiums ninjaing loot, not wanting to invite anyone to raids or whatever without thoroughly checking that the people they play with are already geared up, everyone must have mics to raid, etc...Not a very welcoming vibe.

Def going to be hard to get good loots for me when I don't own a mic either...

its not surprising theres always been eletism in gaming on one level or another. its just nerds looking down on other nerds which is funny as shit. dr. seus said it best with the sneeches on the beaches.

If anyone wants to hit me up (villain - Nova Pain) for alerts or whatever, feel free. im a level 30, so im mainly concerned w better gear. So if u need better stuff, il do my best to help out.

[quote name='lokizz']i cant wait to do some of those gl events but im waiting till i hit 30 and can get the best gear possible. should be there by the end of the week hopefully.[/QUOTE]

Best of luck I would say since those new alerts are definitely a challenge if you're under geared. Even with T 2.5/3 I still had some slight problems but if you have a good team you'll breeze on through.

[quote name='praxus07']Have you guys been reading the official forums over there for the game? Seems like the people who pay for Legendary access are not fond of anyone that's free to play, or even premuim for that matter. Lots of talk about people free to play/premiums ninjaing loot, not wanting to invite anyone to raids or whatever without thoroughly checking that the people they play with are already geared up, everyone must have mics to raid, etc...Not a very welcoming vibe.

Def going to be hard to get good loots for me when I don't own a mic either...[/QUOTE]

I don't blame them for hating on the free/premiums. Heck, even I can say I have an elitism attitude as well.

Any time new players come in they always seem to ninja loot even if rules were set down already. Happens too often since days long past that you grow jagged ready to chew that players face off.

Now the checking of Gear for raids and such is understandable. I wouldn't want to carry any player on through who's sporting greens & blues since they haven't gone through the struggle of duos/hmas to obtain a few pieces of T1. If you find a league that will help you cool but, often times don't PUG for you'll always get inspected. Plus if its one of the later Raids i.e. BC3, or any of the FOS ones you'll be inspected off the back.

So yeah, of course there's no love for the new people. You just gotta work your way up the ladder to a respectable level.

Then again maybe there should be a CAG League/Legion to help some of ya progress through.

I'm still low-level, but enjoying it pretty well. Playing as a hero named Tarnation on PvE. Currently rocking around Gotham.

My character is still in his late teen levels but I got curious and switched to the PVP server. The game has become so much more exciting (so far) when any villain you see can go after you. I managed to barely take down a level 26 last night, I'm sure I was just lucky but he went after me first.

Makes the PVP missions much easier to do as well since you don't have to get permission to battle with a villain. I was stalking some from the roof tops and jumping down on them unexpectedly :lol:

My character is Fire 0pal (the o is a zero) if anyone wants to help me out sometime.

Free to play...

You get 2 character slots, 28 inventory slots, 0 auction slots, 12 bank slots, cannot do any item/money trades, are allowed 1500 cash, 6 text chat messages per 30 seconds, one vault ticket per week, and can join a guild.

The premiums (spend $5 on the game. I already spent $25 on two dlc's and some wearable items) get 6 character slots, 42 inventory slots,
5 auction slots, 24 bank slots, can trade items, are allowed 2000 cash, proximity voice chat and 6 text chat messages per 30 seconds, one vault ticket every 3 days, and can join a guild.

Loving this game. Was really annoying dl/ing it, but it's been so worth it. Are trophies retroactive? If I eventually pay for the top-tier access, will I unlock all of the trophies I've earned so far?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Too bad I missed the $19.99 DC Universe Online CE at BB or I'd probably hop onto this game.;) But no way in hell am I gonna DL 19gb's of shit.:razz:[/QUOTE]

You'd still download about 19 GB anyway for all the different updates.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']You'd still download about 19 GB anyway for all the different updates.[/QUOTE]

I've been downloading for 5 hours and 39 minutes and I am only 48% done. The download speeds are much slower then I would have thought. Still have 7,742 MB left.

I hope this game is good. I haven't played any MMO's since I quit WoW a few years ago.

Started this up tonight already lvl 10 guessing the next 20 will be pretty long. put down 15.00 for legendary so I can get my trophies.

I just finally bought Lightning strikes DLC. Just got done with FOS 2 about two hours ago. I'm surprised that a good amount still play. Not sure about anyone from here though.

Been playing this for a bit, but barely reached lvl 4 and bro is on lvl 12. We're thinking go just staying as 'free' to play for now but we'll be upgraded to Premium since we each want to buy a dlc pack each. Sucks that you can't share the content on the same ps3. Can we both play together online at the same time? Each of us using separate psn id's of course along with different characters.

The new On Duty tab is a little annoying. It's great that you can now queue multiple alerts and then just enter whichever one pops up first, but sometimes, the wait times are beyond insane...

I just started playing but IDK if i will too much longer.  3 of the 5 quests ive done have been "hold Circle on 20 objects" and half of the time it doesnt even count it.   On one of the evil missions where you're supposed to summon 20 demons, I summoned around 35 of them and the ticker only went up when other players (who I was not in parties with) summoned demons.

Think my account glitched out, says I have legendary on PS4 but Premium on PS3. I know I have no active subscription, and can access all the DLC. Bought the game when it originally came out and bought the first DLC.

bread's done
Back