DC Universe Online Thread *Lightning Strikes DLC 12/6/11* Free to play

[quote name='KingBroly']Can you swap between PVP and PVE at any time?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='adriley313']Anyone know how to join in a friends game so you can team up together.
We both got put in different worlds.

Any help would be thankful[/QUOTE]

All you have to do is head to your faction's main base. That would be the Watchtower (WT) for Heroes, and the Hall for villians. Within the home bases, there is a phase shifter. I know in the WT it is on the floor above the auction room, in the center of the complex. Look for yellow signs. Might be on the map too, or you could ask.

All you do is walk into it and activate/interact. It'll ask you if you want to change phases, then confirm your choice.

All it does it make it so you can be attacked at almost any time if you go to the PVP side.

For PVE, if you want to PVP without shifting, you can type /pvp and it'll flag you for PVP (only versus opposite faction. for same faction, you'll have to look into dueling). When you are done type /pvp again and if you don't do any PVP within 5 mins it will clear your flag.

So how good is the Green Lantern DLC? I'm thinking about picking it up, but I'm on kind of on the fence. Will I have to create an all new character to use the Lantern uniform and ring? Also, can I make any other colored Lanterns?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']So how good is the Green Lantern DLC? I'm thinking about picking it up, but I'm on kind of on the fence. Will I have to create an all new character to use the Lantern uniform and ring? Also, can I make any other colored Lanterns?[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering this as well. I'd like to make the jump to premium and this would do the trick. I'm just afraid I won't see any of the benefits of the DLC until WAY later into the game unless I make a new character with the DLC features.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']So how good is the Green Lantern DLC? I'm thinking about picking it up, but I'm on kind of on the fence. Will I have to create an all new character to use the Lantern uniform and ring? Also, can I make any other colored Lanterns?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Luriden']I've been wondering this as well. I'd like to make the jump to premium and this would do the trick. I'm just afraid I won't see any of the benefits of the DLC until WAY later into the game unless I make a new character with the DLC features.[/QUOTE]

I was looking into getting this as well. Form what I read, they drop an item in your inventory that changes your power to Light or you can just make a new character. If you're a hero, your green, villains are yellow.

The only noticeable thing the DLC adds other than that are three instances or alerts.

Joel! We should play together. Hit me up the next time you get on.

[quote name='Indignate']I was looking into getting this as well. Form what I read, they drop an item in your inventory that changes your power to Light or you can just make a new character. If you're a hero, your green, villains are yellow.

The only noticeable thing the DLC adds other than that are three instances or alerts.

Joel! We should play together. Hit me up the next time you get on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the GL content gets you new = armor, weapons, duos, alerts, FEATS (main thing you get from that is skill points). And of course the power set, which is a controller.

Now, if you want to start a new character and level up a GL I would do that. BUT I wouldn't touch the alerts or duos until 30 with gear and skill points.

If you want to just level up and swap later, I'm pretty sure you can to... Just start a CTRLr (controller) so you get an idea of what your are doing, but honestly GL plays so differently from the other to CTRLr classes.

Swear the servers on this game are ridiculous. Was playing for about 3 hours straight, talked to an NPC and my character just froze up. (Unable to move, unable to do anything except use the menu's and log out).

And now i find out the login servers have been down for atleast 30 minutes

[quote name='Indignate']
Joel! We should play together. Hit me up the next time you get on.[/QUOTE]
I'd definitely be down for that, dawg! What server are you on?

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yeah the GL content gets you new = armor, weapons, duos, alerts, FEATS (main thing you get from that is skill points). And of course the power set, which is a controller.

Now, if you want to start a new character and level up a GL I would do that. BUT I wouldn't touch the alerts or duos until 30 with gear and skill points.

If you want to just level up and swap later, I'm pretty sure you can to... Just start a CTRLr (controller) so you get an idea of what your are doing, but honestly GL plays so differently from the other to CTRLr classes.[/QUOTE]
Cool! I wish I could make a Red or Orange Lantern, but I'm more than happy with just being Green. Thanks a lot!

If anyone doesn't want their hard copy anymore I would love to get it just to throw on the shelf with the rest of the collection.

I could have spent ages creating my character but wanted to get into the game

[quote name='shadowkast']If anyone doesn't want their hard copy anymore I would love to get it just to throw on the shelf with the rest of the collection.

I could have spent ages creating my character but wanted to get into the game[/QUOTE]

Read one of the comments on PlayStation's Blog and it seems that even if you had installed using disc previously, you still have to re-download the new client and go through the whole download process.

WTF! I am trying to create a character and in the middle of the creation process it keeps sending me to the World Selection screen. I want to burn my PS3!

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Read one of the comments on PlayStation's Blog and it seems that even if you had installed using disc previously, you still have to re-download the new client and go through the whole download process.[/QUOTE]huh!? I'm not following you.

[quote name='shadowkast']maybe. I downloaded it already. But if someone has a disc copy they no longer want ( since they don't need it) i would like to add it to my wall of PS3 games

Edit: Way too many comments to read, which one were you referring to though?[/QUOTE]

Click on the link should take you directly to the comment, but in case it does not, comment 16 by user CHRISRHODE2004

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Click on the link should take you directly to the comment, but in case it does not, comment 16 by user CHRISRHODE2004[/QUOTE]
Ok? So are you saying some people won't give up their disc because some dlc is tied to it? My understanding is that when you start up the disc, it prompts you to download the new client. Thus making the old client extinct and the disc useless. That's my understanding at least and why i was hoping to get someone's game case/ disc if they're done with it. Fyi; I have no ulterior motives, just love to expand my wall of games

Edit: viewing via Mobile. Probably why i didn't understand what post you were referring to. Thanks for explaining and not being a dick

[quote name='shadowkast']Ok? So are you saying some people won't give up their disc because some dlc is tied to it? My understanding is that when you start up the disc, it prompts you to download the new client. Thus making the old client extinct and the disc useless. That's my understanding at least and why i was hoping to get someone's game case/ disc if they're done with it. Fyi; I have no ulterior motives, just love to expand my wall of games

Edit: viewing via Mobile. Probably why i didn't understand what post you were referring to. Thanks for explaining and not being a dick[/QUOTE]

You are welcome and I could have misunderstood, just the way I interpret what the person was say though. Hopefully someone can chime in on this.

And I understand you wanting it for your collection, I do want it too, but mostly the collector's edition one as it got statue and other stuffs.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'd definitely be down for that, dawg! What server are you on? [/QUOTE]

I have no clue. Where would you see that at?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I didn't have to download the new client or anything, I just had to update when I put my disc in and everything worked fine.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I guess it is only the DLC of old client that does not work with new client then. I am not sure anymore.:lol:

You guys werent kidding on these long download times, i'm almost at an hour not even close to finished.

Am I allowed to play a different game while this downloads? Or do I just leave it up

[quote name='pbnate88']You guys werent kidding on these long download times, i'm almost at an hour not even close to finished.

Am I allowed to play a different game while this downloads? Or do I just leave it up[/QUOTE] gotta leave it.

[quote name='lokizz']the only negative to this thing for me is the asshole level 30s who camp mission spots to be assholes.[/QUOTE]

Phase shift over to PVE and run this missions. Then go back to PVP and stomp then when you have higher level/gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Learned that there are no servers, but phases, and that you can phase with anybody.

So just hit me up Joel, or anybody else, whenever you want to roll together.

So are there guild-ish features to the game .. like Super Groups or something ? Downloading right now and going to start playing tonight. Wouldn't mind grouping up with some CAGs to take on the game.

i joined an league invite one day and instantly regretted it because i guess when you join up you can hear your teammates talking wherever they are. so i was treated to 20 minutes of some annoying ass kid yammering on about nothing to some older guy i hope was his dad because if not its creepy.

My PS3 DCUO DC Universe Online names are
videovac
miklonus
instrumental king
FeenaSik
Lissa Drak
The last 4 are based off of DC characters.

Bought the Green Lantern DLC. The light claws are pretty powerful. If only they'd fix the login queue. For the first time I've been place at over 10k in line. Took over 30 minutes just to get in.

Update: Wow the servers suck. After waiting all that time and waiting another 5 minutes starring at joker and super girl, I get disconnected from server.

What the hell. Do they have the server limited to a few hundred people? Over 8000 in line to login. That is unacceptable even for a FTP game.

[quote name='iRobotZombie']Shove them $5 - might get you a premium log in spot?[/QUOTE]

Does it? I might just do that then with one of my Free PSN money that I got. Waited over 30 minutes to login and then played for a whole 15 minutes before getting disconnected. The servers really do have some issues. Expescially considering half the time I can't even get to the character select screen in order to begin the login countdown. It just sticks on one of the loading screen.

Now I cant seem to do anything at all. Even when I can get to the character select screen I hit x to login and nothing happens. I hear a clicking sound but that's it. Nothing else happens. Not a good start.....

Doesn't seem to say on here, but i'm pretty sure it will have that. Google around

PREMIUM ACCESS
At the time the game is transitioned to free-to-play, all existing DCUO accounts with inactive subscriptions will be granted Premium Access. After the game is transitioned to free-to-play, Premium Access will be granted to any player that spends at least U.S. $5.00 (or the foreign equivalent) or 500 Station Cash on items in the DCUO in-game marketplace, or that purchases a DCUO DLC Pack. Premium Access does not expire.

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free/

[quote name='iRobotZombie']Doesn't seem to say on here, but i'm pretty sure it will have that. Google around

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free/[/QUOTE]

There is no login priority for the different membership levels...yet. From what I've read, supposedly Legendary users will get priority login sometime in the future, but nothing was said for Premium / Free users.

Finally finished my download of the game this morning, couldn't get on as the servers were down, and now managed to make my first character (Praxus07, villain, Circe follower) but still stuck on the loading page (the one with the big rotating circle at the right bottom) for 10 minutes now.

Also got the GL DLC, making a new hero GL type with it....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AdvOfJet']Does it? I might just do that then with one of my Free PSN money that I got. Waited over 30 minutes to login and then played for a whole 15 minutes before getting disconnected. The servers really do have some issues. Expescially considering half the time I can't even get to the character select screen in order to begin the login countdown. It just sticks on one of the loading screen.

Now I cant seem to do anything at all. Even when I can get to the character select screen I hit x to login and nothing happens. I hear a clicking sound but that's it. Nothing else happens. Not a good start.....[/QUOTE]

yeah i figure ill get the green lantern dlc.

[quote name='Dahk']so do people actually get into the game or are we supposed to just stare at Joker and the spinning circles?[/QUOTE]

i hadnt been able to get into the game for like 2 or 3 days now and i swear to you i bought the gl dlc and the next time i tried to sign in i got that same error message with the psn sign on the bottom corner but the game started up. take it for what you will but i think free players are the last to get if ever.

I've really had no issues getting ingame. There's usually a short delay, like 30 seconds, but since I got in on Tuesday it's been smooth. I did buy the DLC, and a helm, boots, and wings though, so did spend $15 already.

ring powers are amazing stuff im glad the evil ring is yellow heres to hoping the other colors are made available. id love to get a black ring.

The lantern powers are cool, but having made 6 characters I'm having trouble deciding which one I like the most and sticking with that one. This is so my new fave game.

I'm buying Legendary a bit later tonight, was considering making a CAG Villain guild (With some sort of interesting name), if anyone is interested in joining.

My current character is a Level 21 Mental (And am making a Hard Light character soon too)

I really wish my local GS stores weren't a buncha nazis about tossing out pennied shit, since it'd have been so much easier to just grab the disc version of this game and load up the first 11gb's of it from there.

It's still a 16+gb download for this game, right?:cry: I guess I'll never play this then since it'd take till June 2012 to download that much on my connection.

Oh and has anyone made an EL HOARDO character yet? If not, then someone should.:lol:

[quote name='praxus07']The lantern powers are cool, but having made 6 characters I'm having trouble deciding which one I like the most and sticking with that one. This is so my new fave game.[/QUOTE]

ive only got 2 characters so far both villans but at some point i want to make a hero gl.its crazy but gls are overpowered and i love it. im only lv 9 and ive been kicking the shit out of level 15s most of the day i can only imagine how strong youll be when you hit level 15 or 20.

and i think the dl size is 15gb just take a few hours every day to dl some of it or maybe you can find someone on cag with the cd version.

Can't really get over how fast my sinestro char type has leveled. I remade the char last night before I went to sleep, only played through the starting ship before logging off. Played for just a few hours tonight and am already level 12.

The loot though ticks me off. I got all the parts for the greco-roman outfit, except the shoulders and belt. The belt you can only get at level 30, and the shoulders are a drop in the vault. Why do they make getting a full set so difficult?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I really wish my local GS stores weren't a buncha nazis about tossing out pennied shit, since it'd have been so much easier to just grab the disc version of this game and load up the first 11gb's of it from there.

It's still a 16+gb download for this game, right?:cry: I guess I'll never play this then since it'd take till June 2012 to download that much on my connection.

Oh and has anyone made an EL HOARDO character yet? If not, then someone should.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's over 16 GB. I have 18 GB free and when I try to download it tells me to free up 2gb more.

bread's done
Back