DCAU fans unite! Justice League Doom (possible spoilers) out now!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Now that is awesome. :applause:

Her character became one of my favorites after Starcrossed. She ended up being one of the more complex characters. She and GL were more interesting to follow than Batman and Wonder Woman imo. I guess that is because Bats and WW kind of skirted around their feelings, but Shayera and John wore their emotions on their sleeves.

I haven't collected any figures yet. I have seen some at a comic shop about 50 miles away though.[/QUOTE]

yea, true.

However.........

The local Targets SHOULD still carry the JLU line in 3 packs and single packs. The 10 inch line is cool, but hard to find all the main 7 these days. I do have a spare hawkgirl if you need a start :)

check these links
http://batmanytb.com/actionfiguresanddolls/actionfigures/animated/jludcsh/index.php
http://batmanytb.com/actionfiguresanddolls/actionfigures/animated/jludcsh/upcoming/

and start collecting.

:)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']JLU season 2 and Batman Beyond season 3 out today! Go get 'em! :D

I'm getting them after work at Wal-Mart if they have any left.[/QUOTE]

target has them for with a 5 dollar gift card :p

[quote name='ITDEFX']target has them for with a 5 dollar gift card :p[/QUOTE]

No they don't, it's only the ones Speedy marked with a ****

[quote name='Roufuss']No they don't, it's only the ones Speedy marked with a ****[/QUOTE]

sorry my bad on the confusion :(

Thinking of getting these... is JLU Season 2 the last season they did? I noticed it's only 14 episodes, compared to Season 1's 24 or so.

[quote name='Roufuss']Thinking of getting these... is JLU Season 2 the last season they did? I noticed it's only 14 episodes, compared to Season 1's 24 or so.[/QUOTE]

word is that Cartoon network joined what would have been two seasons into season 1. Honestly it would have been nice if they just released a 6 disc pack of the entire JLU complete series. The camnus arc was amazing and I am glad we didn't have to wait for a stand alone season 2 set.

Sometimes I wish I was still using my multi disc player..just sit back and hit play all (but unforuntily it wouldn't skip to the next disc when the disc was done :( )

sit back and enjoy.

Yeah Roufuss, what is in stores as JLU Season 2 is the last season. 13 episodes.

I watched the first 9 episodes of it last night. I would have watched it all, but I was tired.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah Roufuss, what is in stores as JLU Season 2 is the last season. 13 episodes.

I watched the first 9 episodes of it last night. I would have watched it all, but I was tired.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

It's also worth noting that I think Best Buy has previous seasons of Justice League and JLU for only $24.99 this week.

I may skip this new release (isn't the MSRP $19.99 anyways?) and just grab the first JLU set that I missed when it came out.

WB was so kind on us this time around. When they released Batman and superman cartoons, it took them what 2 - 3 years to complete it. Thankfully it only took us a year to complete the JL/JLU set :)

[quote name='ITDEFX']WB was so kind on us this time around. When they released Batman and superman cartoons, it took them what 2 - 3 years to complete it. Thankfully it only took us a year to complete the JL/JLU set :)[/quote]

Yep.

The only thing I wish is that they would have even more commentary or special features in the JLU sets.

I had no idea Batman Beyond ended with such a whimper, suddenly those Justice League eps dealing with him make a lot more sense.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yep.

The only thing I wish is that they would have even more commentary or special features in the JLU sets.[/QUOTE]

yep we got the shaft, again. I skimmed through the camnus feature... it was like 22 minutes of unidirectional material with moving camera and pip. I got so bored I just skipped it to the end.

To be honest, it would have been really, really nice if they did a seprete release of JUST the camnus arc, perhaps like a full length feature, edited properly so we don't get a lot of commercial break and stuff.

[quote name='coolsteel']I had no idea Batman Beyond ended with such a whimper, suddenly those Justice League eps dealing with him make a lot more sense.[/QUOTE]

yep, unmasked was a bad way to end the series. Thankfully Epilogue completed the series the right way.

I probably mentioned this already, but....

Although not officially a part of the DCAU, Superman: Doomsday will be released September 18th, using a slightly modiffied Bruce TImm artstyle. Apparently this is an official screen from the release...

Looks pretty close to the style we all know and love.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_Doomsday

A different Justice League and Teen Titans release will follow after....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League:_The_New_Frontier

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teen_Titans:_The_Judas_Contract

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I probably mentioned this already, but....

Although not officially a part of the DCAU, Superman: Doomsday will be released September 18th, using a slightly modiffied Bruce TImm artstyle. Apparently this is an official screen from the release...

Looks pretty close to the style we all know and love.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_Doomsday

A different Justice League and Teen Titans release will follow after....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League:_The_New_Frontier

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teen_Titans:_The_Judas_Contract[/QUOTE]

yep can't wait... September is going to be a good month!!

[quote name='ITDEFX']yep can't wait... September is going to be a good month!![/quote]

Yep. I just wish they used the same voice actors as JLU, but I guess they have their reasons for not doing it.

BTW, here is the trailer for Superman:Doomsday...

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3keuiWzY-Q[/MEDIA]

I'm diggin the animation!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yep. I just wish they used the same voice actors as JLU, but I guess they have their reasons for not doing it.[/QUOTE]

whatever you do, just AVOID buying or renting Superman: Brainiac Attacks!! I saw bits of it on Boomerang a few months back and I was so ashamed that it had the superman title in it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']whatever you do, just AVOID buying or renting Superman: Brainiac Attacks!! I saw bits of it on Boomerang a few months back and I was so ashamed that it had the superman title in it.[/quote]

I saw it on Cartoon Network. It was awful. I'll get it one day just for completions sake, but I'm in no rush.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I picked it up (JLU Season 1) last night. Man, it's great to hear that opening theme again. :D

It really is amazing how much better the show looks on DVD compared with a cable broadcast.

I also want Batman Beyond Season 2 but I'll have to wait a bit on that.

---------------

I guess I'll try making this into a DCAU toon topic now and see how it goes...[/quote]

a complete batman beyond collection would be awesome to have especially if you could get the unedited version of the batman beyond movie. though im still pissed they never brought in nightwing or ever fully explained the whole falling out he had with batman over barbara. I was dying to see a terry mcginnis batman vs nightwing fight.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I saw it on Cartoon Network. It was awful. I'll get it one day just for completions sake, but I'm in no rush.[/quote]

It wasn't as bad as the fandom makes it out to be but its def. not that good. it feels like an average 2 parter episode or something like that.

but yeah I won't get it until its $5.50.

[quote name='CouRageouS']The new Lois in Superman/Doomsday is hot and shapely. I like that he also comes back complete with the Jesus hair.[/QUOTE]

sounds about right.. i mean he is a god right?

The cheekbones remind me of how Superman looked on the first season of Justice League. But they ended up getting rid of that look for the following seasons. In my opinion, I'd just get rid of the cheekbones again. It makes him look old.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']The cheekbones remind me of how Superman looked on the first season of Justice League. But they ended up getting rid of that look for the following seasons. In my opinion, I'd just get rid of the cheekbones again. It makes him look old.[/quote]

I agree.

Wouldn't it be great if they did an animated version of The Dark Knight Returns? I was absolutely blown away by the "Legends of the Dark Knight" episode from Batman: TAS. Visually it was so dark and gritty, and it made me wish that the entire episode revolved around TDKR. I was almost certain that it would be one of the stories that DC was going to adapt into an animated feature. Hopefully some time down the road they'll do it.

I remember reading an interview where Bruce Timm said that Baldwin's voice was the kind they originally wanted to have for Superman since the beginning, and that this movie finally gave them the opportunity to make it happen. I'm willing to give it a fair chance. But I was kind of weary of the decision when I first heard about it, since I thought Tim Daly did a good job voicing Supes. And I also have my questions about Anne Heche as Lois as well.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Do you have any of the DVDs?[/QUOTE]

yea I do, but it's like spike and Star trek.. I have TNG and DS9 dvd's but still watch some of the great episodes on TV..

Man, Superman gets around in voice talent. Kyle MacLachlan is doing him for New Frontier.

[quote name='jmcc']Man, Superman gets around in voice talent. Kyle MacLachlan is doing him for New Frontier.[/QUOTE]

where is this information coming from!??!?!

Well it was obvious that after doing an animated Superman movie, that the same would be done with Wonder Woman and Batman. And now, it's pretty much official.

Check out the link for preview images and concept art:
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=123595

Wonder Woman

On the mystical island of Themyscria, a proud and fierce warrior race of Amazons have raised a daughter of untold beauty, grace and strength – Princess Diana. When and army fighter pilot, Steve Trevor crash-lands on the island, the rebellious and headstrong Diana defies Amazonian law by accompanying Trevor back to civilization. Meanwhile, Ares (the god of War) has escaped his imprisonment at the hands of the Amazonians and has decided to exact his revenge using the mystical “Hand of Rage,” an ancient artifact with the power to raise armies from the dead and infuse them with a thirst for blood. Ares intends to start a world war that will not only last for centuries – but will wipe out every lving being on the planet, starting with the Amazons! It is up to Princess Diana to save her people and the world – by using her gifts and becoming the ultimate Wonder Woman!

Target: Males 18+, women 18+, and girls 9-17.

Proposed rating: PG-13

DVD street date: Q4 2008/Q1 2009

Batman Anime

Targeted Audience:
Dual: Core fans and tween boys
Rating: PG-13 (anticipated)

Release:
2-4 weeks in advance of The Dark Knight film release.

Overview:

Set in the period between BATMAN BEGINS and THE DARK KNIGHT, this brand new adventure follows BATMAN as he unravels a mystery over six original stories done in the style of Japanese Anime. Each of the six original stories has been written by a highly respected screenwriter or comic book creator. The talent includes Academy Award nominee Josh Olsen (The History of Violence), screenwriter of the Blade films and Batman Begins David Goyer, and famed comic book writer Brian Azzarello, among others.

The Batman Anime DVD is viewed as a perfect companion piece to BATMAN BEGINS and THE DARK KNIGHT. The original stories introduce a number of classic characters from the DC Comics BATMAN universe as well as following up on characters and storylines that were introduced in BATMAN BEGINS.

[quote name='whoknows']BATMAN ANIME?!?

Oh for the love of God...[/quote]

Big O was about Roger Smith who was about as close to Bruce Wayne as you could get. This could work really well (provided none of the Brainiac Attacks shenanigans is gong on).

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dla5omgPoiA[/MEDIA] ;)

Hot stuff about Batman and Wonder Woman. Thanks for the heads up!

just bought this today...

holy hell Doomsday goes on a killing rampage, almost kills that little kid, flying blood, superman's clone performs laser surgery on his skull (off screen, darn!) and nearly kills Luthor. I don't like the new designs. those added cheek lines make Superman look old and stressed. Luthor looks to hard edged.
Still over all a good movie.
I'll pick up the soundtrack in October :)

[quote name='wubb']Redbox decided not to stock this and I don't want to see it enough to actually buy. Oh well. :whistle2:([/quote]
If you have digital cable, check to if it's on demand. That's how I caught it last night. Definitely not something that is marketed towards kids. More blood in it than all DC cartoons for the past 15 years. For some reason, I loved it
when the clone grabbed Toyman, flew up and dropped him on to a car, killing him.
It's something that if you liked when Justice League got mature, you should try to watch it. I doubt Cartoon Network will air with all the killing in it(especially in Doomsday's rampage) .

[quote name='wubb']Redbox decided not to stock this and I don't want to see it enough to actually buy. Oh well. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

xbox live video marketplace maybe?

[quote name='tangytangerine']If you have digital cable, check to if it's on demand. That's how I caught it last night. Definitely not something that is marketed towards kids. More blood in it than all DC cartoons for the past 15 years. For some reason, I loved it
when the clone grabbed Toyman, flew up and dropped him on to a car, killing him.
It's something that if you liked when Justice League got mature, you should try to watch it. I doubt Cartoon Network will air with all the killing in it(especially in Doomsday's rampage) .[/QUOTE]

agreed, no way in hell that CN is going to air this without doing a RoTJ edit on it...and I bet you there is one available.

bread's done
Back