DCAU fans unite! Justice League Doom (possible spoilers) out now!

Steve getting drunk and trying to get Diana wasted was also funny... I was like "dude...your not gonna get her drunk!"

[quote name='JolietJake']Oh man, when they get the lasso on steve and start asking him questions, i haven't laughed that hard in a while.[/quote]

I know man, I know. :lol:

I just finished watching this literally two minutes ago. The film is FANTASTIC! It has levity, action, drama, and innuendo. Just a very fun movie to watch IMO. Out of all the post-JLU movies to come out, this is IMO by far the best.

I thought it was strange that they didn't know what
crap
meant, but apparently knew what he meant by
rack

[quote name='JolietJake']I thought it was strange that they didn't know what
crap
meant, but apparently knew what he meant by
rack
.[/quote]

Let's face it...
with no men around those racks were probably looking good to each other. It's only natural. :lol:

That ending with Cheetah made me long for a second movie, hopefully with Giganta! :bouncy:

One thing that sticks in my mind though, they didn't explain where the hell the invisible jet came from. Here is a society still using swords and bows, but they just have an invisible plane laying around?

[quote name='JolietJake']One thing that sticks in my mind though, they didn't explain where the hell the invisible jet came from. Here is a society still using swords and bows, but they just have an invisible plane laying around?[/quote]

I would guess that they still had swords and bows because that is all they needed while hidden from man's world but, maybe they made the jet in a magical fashion with a combination of magic and knowledge of jet technology learned from man's world since
Alexa was all about books

When did they make her able to fly anyway? I remember watching justice league and being confused by that at first. I wasn't sure if they'd have her flying or the jet in this.

BTW, I loved the moment when
Wonder Woman showed the little girl how to swordfight in the park and told her to show the boys hell.
That was classic. :lol:

I really would have loved to know where the hell the invisible jet came from but other then that I loved this movie. I didn't think I would like it as much as did because Wonder Woman isn't as flushed out as she can be in the comics.
I thought it was alot of fun with the hole Steve and Diana dynamic. And it seems that the fight scenes were actually thought about for once and it wasn't a lot of throwing.

Can't wait for the Green Lantern movie.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8125

[quote name='kongfunk']I really would have loved to know where the hell the invisible jet came from but other then that I loved this movie. I didn't think I would like it as much as did because Wonder Woman isn't as flushed out as she can be in the comics.
I thought it was alot of fun with the hole Steve and Diana dynamic. And it seems that the fight scenes were actually thought about for once and it wasn't a lot of throwing.

Can't wait for the Green Lantern movie.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8125[/quote]

Yea I thought that too... At first I thought the Amazon's repaired Steve's fighter, but then I was like how the fuck did amazon's fix "Man's" technology?!?! and even more how the hell did they cloak it?!?! Later two other things were brought up... 1 how did Diana learn to fly it and 2 I realize that it wasn't steve's fighter when he fired the missile but didn't realize it was a cloaked missile. So it can't be his fighter.

Overall I enjoyed the film. Has the potential to be a spin off series, which it should be!

Had a good story, animation was good and humor was on the spot!

I hope we get a directors cut or the first episode if they make a series should be "All about Wonder Womans Invisible Jet"
Just thank god that she wasn't in a seated postion in the sky, that they made everything invisible.
I love how a stupid jet is the only thing that I can pick out that I had a problem with.

Yeah i'm looking forward to Green Lantern. Although, i don't really see why they need to do his entire origin in it. They just had that justice league: new frontier movie which told his origin.

[quote name='JolietJake']Yeah i'm looking forward to Green Lantern. Although, i don't really see why they need to do his entire origin in it. They just had that justice league: new frontier movie which told his origin.[/quote]

Origins and the initial use of powers are cheap filler material.

I can't tell you how boring Batman's origin is because I've seen his parents shot several times. It is almost as tedious as Psylocke's constant explanation of her Psychic dagger back in the early 90s.

[quote name='JolietJake']Yeah i'm looking forward to Green Lantern. Although, i don't really see why they need to do his entire origin in it. They just had that justice league: new frontier movie which told his origin.[/quote]

That's because these are all self-contained stories that aren't related in anyway.

This isn't JLU/STAS/BTAS where things build upon each other, and past episodes are referenced.

True, but i'm sure the origin in the GL movie will be basically the same as in new frontier. Close enough that it doesn't really need to be done all over again.

I will say this though, it's nice to see Hal Jordan finally get some attention. Aside from new frontier, they've basically ignored him in all the other animated shows/movies.

[quote name='JolietJake']Thats another good point, how did she know how to fly the thing without lessons?[/quote]

Well,
she was born of dirt, blood, and magic. Flying a plane isn't as far fetched as that.

All I know is that I am SO re-watching this when I get home from work.

[quote name='JolietJake']True, but i'm sure the origin in the GL movie will be basically the same as in new frontier. Close enough that it doesn't really need to be done all over again.

I will say this though, it's nice to see Hal Jordan finally get some attention. Aside from new frontier, they've basically ignored him in all the other animated shows/movies.[/quote]

The origin in New Frontier and the current one are very similar, but I think this going to be more about his training and his realtionship with Sinestro. I'm more worried about this getting overused when the movie comes out. That would be the third time we would see his origin.
I love GL but I would really liked to see some Barry Allen Flash props with a movie.

Great movie. I am not very familiar with the Wonder Woman comics. Whats the explanation of the invisible jet in the comics? The only problem I had with the movie was the invisible jet (where did it come from, etc), Diana made a reference to inches, and that the humans don't seem that frightened by all these greek warriors.

I forgot one other complaint, i hated the design of Hades. I had hoped they'd use the warrior design from that episode of JLU.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I finally got around to watching "Mystery Of The Batwoman" last night. It was very interesting how
Barbara Gordon was all up in Batman's grill. She just had one scene where she was on the phone with Bruce, but there was like this whole hot subtext to it. Tim Drake even called attention to it and joked about it (saying "that was a close one, huh?" or something along those lines). Almost like Barbara was getting clingy and Batman was trying to dodge the issue.

In Batman Beyond they seemed to reference some romantic fling that led to a falling out between the two of them... I assumed that all happened sometime between the JLU and Batman Beyond eras, so it was interesting to see evidence of it in the Gotham Knights time period.

Not sure if the spoiler tags were necessary, but since I was so intrigued I figured I'd ensure that others could have the same pleasure in discovering it!

I really liked Mystery of the Batwoman, I only saw it for the first time last year and it was basically a "lost episode" of TAS. Much better then the Sub Zero movie.

[quote name='BustaUppa']So I finally got around to watching "Mystery Of The Batwoman" last night. It was very interesting how
Barbara Gordon was all up in Batman's grill. She just had one scene where she was on the phone with Bruce, but there was like this whole hot subtext to it. Tim Drake even called attention to it and joked about it (saying "that was a close one, huh?" or something along those lines). Almost like Barbara was getting clingy and Batman was trying to dodge the issue.

In Batman Beyond they seemed to reference some romantic fling that led to a falling out between the two of them... I assumed that all happened sometime between the JLU and Batman Beyond eras, so it was interesting to see evidence of it in the Gotham Knights time period.

Not sure if the spoiler tags were necessary, but since I was so intrigued I figured I'd ensure that others could have the same pleasure in discovering it!
[/quote]

Yeah that was definitely interesting.

Mystery of the Batwoman was most excellent. I was diggin' the "Chase Me" short too.

I forgot to bump this when Green Lantern released last week. Please use spoiler tags when necessary for the movie.

I haven't seen it yet as I haven't had the time, but I hope to watch my DVD tonight.

Also, I am definitely looking forward to the Public Enemies film. Looks very interesting.

heck yeah bring on World's Finest.

oh yeah and I saw maybe 15 minutes of GL:FF and while the first appearance of HJ suited up makes him look like he's wearing plastic armor if that's the worst offense then consider me one happy customer.

News and image from the next DC animated project after Public Enemies:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/09/15/another-crisis-is-coming/

JL+Lex2.jpg

That looks sweet.

And I personally think Green Lantern is the best one so far followed by Wonder Woman, New Frontier, and then the rest.

Obviously 'On Two Earths'. I read some of them a while back, I noticed this is an original story, but they have been pretty interesting stories so far.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Obviously 'On Two Earths'. I read some of them a while back, I noticed this is an original story, but they have been pretty interesting stories so far.[/QUOTE]

No, not 'obviously'.

Saying 'Crisis' in reference to DC history primarily refers to Crisis on Infinite Earths.

This movie looks to be based inspired by Morrison's "Earth 2" story going by the Owlman design, which itself was re-imagined story from the 60's "Crisis on Earth-3"

So a friend of mine got an advanced copy of public enemies from the video store he works at, hope it's a good as it seems.

bread's done
Back