[Dead] Bayonetta (360/PS3) $9.98 with free shipping at Amazon

[quote name='Heavyd814life']360 or PS3?[/QUOTE]

360 is the one in my cart. Someone was saying that the deal price for PS3 was still active yesterday, not sure about today.

[quote name='aheineken']How hard is this game? I'm generally pretty bad at beat 'em type action games, and I'm trying to decide what difficulty level I should play this on.[/QUOTE]

The first two difficulty levels essentially "play" the game for you. You just press buttons, and it automatically performs the most useful combos. Do yourself a favor and do NOT play on those difficulty levels. You'll never understand how rewarding the real game can be.

Checkpoints are generous, and you can buy all sorts of helpful items to make it through a level, so try the third difficulty level first. If it ever gets to a point where you just HAVE to lower it, you can always do so.

Some how I got to chapter 5 on Normal without really understanding what I'm doing.

The checkpoints in the game makes it really not so bad. I really should learn how to play the game vs just shooting things with guns and button mashing, with the random dodge in there.

But am I the only person who experience lag during this game?

Yeah I guess it is still live. I dont think Ive ever seen that maybe Prime eligible sellers on on item.

Its still $10 through Amazon. The 14.77 is through Hubbagames.

[quote name='Abeja']Yeah I guess it is still live. I dont think Ive ever seen that maybe Prime eligible sellers on on item.

Its still $10 through Amazon. The 14.77 is through Hubbagames.[/QUOTE]

Th $10 through Amazon is shipping in 1-2 months. The $14.77 through Hubbagames is prime eligible and ships immediately. I am willing to wait a month in order to save $5.

Got an email about Bayonetta just now. When I first ordered the estimated delivery was between 1-2 months, but now they're shipping it and estimated delivery is January 3rd.

I was going to get this game, but then i saw someone play and decided i probably wouldn't enjoy it too much or play more than a couple hours. Even something you get cheap is a waste of money if you're never going to use it. Fighting in this game looks difficult and totally chaotic. I prefer the more slow and methodical fighting of demon's souls compared to bayonetta's crazy reflex based combat that seems to focus heavily on combos and special attacks.

Also, I'm being very critical of games lately...

[quote name='Uracat']I was going to get this game, but then i saw someone play and decided i probably wouldn't enjoy it too much or play more than a couple hours. Even something you get cheap is a waste of money if you're never going to use it. Fighting in this game looks difficult and totally chaotic. I prefer the more slow and methodical fighting of demon's souls compared to bayonetta's crazy reflex based combat that seems to focus heavily on combos and special attacks.

Also, I'm being very critical of games lately...[/QUOTE]

There are so many defensive moves tho. Three types of dodge/blocks. Its so awesome cause if you miss the first window, there is still a chance for the second dodge (which makes her explode into bats, which is awesome everytime it happens.

So is the month estimate because every person that knows about this deal on every forum that has promoted this deal ordered this for ten bucks and the demand is so high?

[quote name='Uracat']I was going to get this game, but then i saw someone play and decided i probably wouldn't enjoy it too much or play more than a couple hours. Even something you get cheap is a waste of money if you're never going to use it. Fighting in this game looks difficult and totally chaotic.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just play the free demo to decide for yourself? That's what hooked me into picking this up for 39.99 months ago. No regrets, btw. Awesome game.

[quote name='Uracat']I was going to get this game, but then i saw someone play and decided i probably wouldn't enjoy it too much or play more than a couple hours. Even something you get cheap is a waste of money if you're never going to use it. Fighting in this game looks difficult and totally chaotic. I prefer the more slow and methodical fighting of demon's souls compared to bayonetta's crazy reflex based combat that seems to focus heavily on combos and special attacks.

Also, I'm being very critical of games lately...[/QUOTE]

And you're comparing an RPG to an action shooter.

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']Why don't you just play the free demo to decide for yourself? That's what hooked me into picking this up for 39.99 months ago. No regrets, btw. Awesome game.[/QUOTE]

I agree somewhat but some games as i played in demo form i hated then i bought them cheap later on and loved them alot. It helps but this game demo felt like i played this type of game way to much and felt like same old same old. But i keep hearing it rocks and fun. So i am always on the fence. The $9.99 price got me to come in here and of course i would buy it for that but wasted my time since it is $14 plus tax for me now. Deal is dead and $15 is common price for this over the months i seen new. Hell i seen this used often for around 8-12 range for awhile now.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I agree somewhat but some games as i played in demo form i hated then i bought them cheap later on and loved them alot. It helps but this game demo felt like i played this type of game way to much and felt like same old same old. But i keep hearing it rocks and fun. So i am always on the fence. The $9.99 price got me to come in here and of course i would buy it for that but wasted my time since it is $14 plus tax for me now. Deal is dead and $15 is common price for this over the months i seen new. Hell i seen this used often for around 8-12 range for awhile now.[/QUOTE]

Look under "More Buying Choices" on the right-hand side of the page and you'll see that it's still being sold by Amazon for $9.98.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I agree somewhat but some games as i played in demo form i hated then i bought them cheap later on and loved them alot. It helps but this game demo felt like i played this type of game way to much and felt like same old same old. But i keep hearing it rocks and fun. So i am always on the fence. The $9.99 price got me to come in here and of course i would buy it for that but wasted my time since it is $14 plus tax for me now. Deal is dead and $15 is common price for this over the months i seen new. Hell i seen this used often for around 8-12 range for awhile now.[/QUOTE]

I understand that - hated Burnout Paradise demo, but bought the game for full price and played for over 80 hours :lol:.

Pretty sure my eyes were failing me but in my local target clearance I saw Bayonetta for the Low Low Price of 41 dollars i think. I really wanna go recheck because that is amazingly awful just like the 4 douchers singing the national anthem at the Falcons Packers game

[quote name='MAC METAL FACE']Still hasn't shipped for me but i see the deal is officially over.[/QUOTE]

You might want to give them a call.

[quote name='merchie89']Pretty sure my eyes were failing me but in my local target clearance I saw Bayonetta for the Low Low Price of 41 dollars i think. I really wanna go recheck because that is amazingly awful just like the 4 douchers singing the national anthem at the Falcons Packers game[/QUOTE]

You're definitely right on this point. They kept the msrp at $60, are are now discounting from that level. Even when it hits 75% off, it will still be $15 lol

Well, looks like the party's over. I've waited for a month for them to ship and I just got an email yesterday that due to availability my order was cancelled. This was a gift! I already had to ship the first one back to them because they shipped me the wrong version, that was money out of my pocket!!

[quote name='AwakenedCloud']Well, looks like the party's over. I've waited for a month for them to ship and I just got an email yesterday that due to availability my order was cancelled. This was a gift! I already had to ship the first one back to them because they shipped me the wrong version, that was money out of my pocket!![/QUOTE]
If they shipped you the wrong version why didn't you use the free label you can print so you don't have to spend a dime?

I don't understand how them shipping the wrong item cost you anything

[quote name='Jaysonguy']If they shipped you the wrong version why didn't you use the free label you can print so you don't have to spend a dime?

I don't understand how them shipping the wrong item cost you anything[/QUOTE]

Shipping was $5. Here's an excerpt from the refund email.
This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Bayonetta
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B001YI0Z2U
Reason for refund: Customer return

Here's a the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: $9.98
Item Promotion Deduction*: ($0.01)
Return Shipping Fee Refund Deduction: ($4.98)

[quote name='AwakenedCloud']Shipping was $5. Here's an excerpt from the refund email.[/QUOTE]
I'm even more confused

Why is it just "customer return" When you return something you can tell them why it's happening and if it's not your fault (which being shipped the wrong item is not your fault) you don't pay shipping.

I would call them and explain to get your money back. Just say you didn't fill out the return form accurately and then say your situation.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I'm even more confused

Why is it just "customer return" When you return something you can tell them why it's happening and if it's not your fault (which being shipped the wrong item is not your fault) you don't pay shipping.

I would call them and explain to get your money back. Just say you didn't fill out the return form accurately and then say your situation.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I'll give that a shot.

Edit: Just got off the phone and they're going to refund me the $4.98 through Amazon credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just started playing this game and its quite a bit of fun. It handles much better than it appears to. The action is chaotic and bizarre to watch, but its all just extra flourishes. The combat is very methodical and easily controlled. The story is just plain awful, the button mashing is satisfying.

Totally thought this was a new deal. Had been wanting to get this, but the current price of $15 is too much! Stop reviving old threads and getting my hopes up! :D

[quote name='AwakenedCloud']Thanks man, I'll give that a shot.

Edit: Just got off the phone and they're going to refund me the $4.98 through Amazon credit.[/QUOTE]
Awesome, glad everything worked out

bread's done
Back