(DEAD) Best Buy Avengers Blu-ray 3D Exclusive Set $19.99 - In Store Only

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
fo_105212.gif

$19.99 The Avengers Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack Exclusive set includes 3D version of the movie, character guide, and lithograph card. In store only.

[quote name='ssjmichael']He's part of the New Avengers with Spider-man, Wolverine, and others.[/QUOTE]
Damn. Thank for the clarification. I been away from the industry for a while, so my knowledge is definitely not up to date. Sorry detective Conan.

I guess the hardcore fan has a valid argument Saix. But I for one am not complaining because I picked up the last one in the Noho store. Union Square is out as well. Hope this helps the NYC CAGs.

Doing my own little bit of research, mind you I am not huge into Avengers....

The Thing joined The New Avengers in June 2010 with the start of Volume 2.

This book was published September 2010. So a mere 2-3 months after that bit of info. Perhaps Marvel did not notify the people making the book this occurred, perhaps they did, but there was not enough time because the book was already being printed. Or perhaps it was an oversight. Either way I don't see that being a reason for anyone to pass on this.

For $20 you get a 4 disc set, a great display box, and a $10 hardcover book. Deduct the cost of the book and that stuff for $10 is a no-brainer if you ask me.

Picked up 2 of these this morning... They had a bunch left. I asked an employee if they had less beat-up boxes in the back.. And they did, so I'm assuming there's plenty available. This was the Fair lakes store in VA

I picked up the set, and it is very impressive for $20. There's a lot of weight to the book.

There were 4 more sets at the Geneva, IL BB on a rack toward the back of the movie/music section. FWIW

I picked it up yesterday and sold my Opened but never watched 3d Avengers Blu Ray on Amazon for $23. I only paid $14.99 for it originally, so I made a few bucks selling it. Great deal, thanks OP!

[quote name='X-Factor611']is there a limit?[/QUOTE]

It is a normal sale item, so I guess whatever the normal rules are. Probably YMMV.

Well it appears the codes can't stack and with everything on the Sideshow site that you can use this on besides cheapy toys being in the hundreds of dollars...I see no benefit to the code overall.

Bought my set the other day just for the book and box since I already have Avengers on Blu-Ray. I got Black Widow on the gift card and someone is sending me the Captain America card. If you don't want your card (don't care about the code, it's pointless), PM me!

I haven't seen this movie, but am feeling reluctant to open this for some reason.

Thinking of grabbing another one. If not for me, then as a gift. I know some friends that would definitely appreciate this one!

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Well it appears the codes can't stack and with everything on the Sideshow site that you can use this on besides cheapy toys being in the hundreds of dollars...I see no benefit to the code overall.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I'm disappointed it's only on select items but thankfully I hadn't factored it into my decision to get this set.

[quote name='menotknow']Just picked up 2, my best buy in West Kendall, FL had about 6 left.[/QUOTE]

dang, I go away for a weekend and this is what happens. Hopefully I can snag any left with my Hobbit pick up tomorrow.

If you find a bestbuy that has one in NY let me know. I checked the union square and 23rd street BB both of them didnt have it...

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I haven't seen this movie, but am feeling reluctant to open this for some reason.

Thinking of grabbing another one. If not for me, then as a gift. I know some friends that would definitely appreciate this one![/QUOTE]

I opened this last night and was also very impressed by the high quality/durable feel of everything included.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Well it appears the codes can't stack and with everything on the Sideshow site that you can use this on besides cheapy toys being in the hundreds of dollars...I see no benefit to the code overall.[/QUOTE]

Saix, you're right- the code cannot be stacked, and I too was initially disappointed that it appears you can only use it on cheap toys or super expensive figures when I initially went to the webpage listed on the gift card. However, you actually have several more options than what is listed if you go to the webpage listed on the gift card.

If you look on the left side of the Sideshow page, it shows two current filters for search results: "Gift Card Eligible" and "Marvel." If you get rid of the "Marvel" filter, you'll see that the amount of items eligible for your gift card goes up from 25 to 107. Maybe you already knew about this, but I was pleasantly surprised when I realized this and then saw this figure as eligible: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901809&ref=learnmore_901809

I think the pictures of it on Sideshow make it look like absolute garbage, so I Googled it to read some reviews and see some other pictures of it, and it looked MUCH nicer than Sideshow's pictures on EVERY other site I found, and the reviews I read were very favorable. It's still a little pricey even after applying the gift card to its price (it came to $43.42 total for me after applying the gift card but adding over $13 for shipping), but I was glad to find something to use the gift card on that wasn't cheap Lego's or $300 collectibles.

Plus, I love the irony of spending an Avengers-marked gift card on a Batman figure! :)

Thanks for the heads up on a great deal, OP!! still a couple available in North Austin as of last night...

Called a BB somewhat close to me and they said they had 3 copies in stock and would hold one for me till tomorrow when I can pick it up...fingers crossed.

Picked one up along with the BOGO free deal along with the get 500 pts for a $10 puchase. Paid $10+ since I used the free cert from the free points I gathered from the FB polls. So when the 500 pts come, I got 3 movies free. Awesome.

[quote name='paintballers']If you find a bestbuy that has one in NY let me know. I checked the union square and 23rd street BB both of them didnt have it...[/QUOTE]
If I find one I will buy it for you.

Safer this way.

If you can find one that would be great but it seems like its OOS in NYC.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']If I find one I will buy it for you.

Safer this way.[/QUOTE]

Got one today. They have 2 more in Greensboro, NC. One guy saw me pick up one, and looked at the price in shock before he grabbed one too lol. Awesome deal on this.

If anyone has a sideshow code they don't want, I'll trade a $12 e-movie cash cert from the General Mills promo for it.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Got one today. They have 2 more in Greensboro, NC. One guy saw me pick up one, and looked at the price in shock before he grabbed one too lol. Awesome deal on this.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to check that store out but figured they would be all gone. The one in Burlington was out from the get go. I'd like to have it, but don't feel like driving 45 minutes to get one.

Checked the Bryant Park, Flushing, and Rego Park stores today, and no dice.

Hope this saves some NYC CAGs some time in their search.

Shocker. I checked SD to see what they were saying about this and one idiot is talking about driving around Milwaukee and buying 18 of them. No wonder they are wiped out around here.

Hit up two stores last night and they were all gone. When I asked if they have any... The CS told me that someone that works at BB bought them all!!!

[quote name='gossamer']Shocker. I checked SD to see what they were saying about this and one idiot is talking about driving around Milwaukee and buying 18 of them. No wonder they are wiped out around here.[/QUOTE]
That is why I haven't bothered to look at that site for over 2 years now.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']No luck at the northern blvd best buy in queens. Dang!

Any fellow CAGers willing to pick me up a copy and ship?[/QUOTE]
I was waiting for you to check in on this one!

I was going to text you to ask if you can check that store... nevermind now!

got the last one in springfield, va. box is beat to hell but the movie in new, trading it to Amazon for 17.xx. Trading up my old 3d copy for 3 bucks.

They had about 15 of these in the West Madison, WI store tonight. Just couldn't bring myself to pick it up. Already have the original 3D edition and don't really need any of the extras.

[quote name='cbulas1']I opened this last night and was also very impressed by the high quality/durable feel of everything included.

Saix, you're right- the code cannot be stacked, and I too was initially disappointed that it appears you can only use it on cheap toys or super expensive figures when I initially went to the webpage listed on the gift card. However, you actually have several more options than what is listed if you go to the webpage listed on the gift card.

If you look on the left side of the Sideshow page, it shows two current filters for search results: "Gift Card Eligible" and "Marvel." If you get rid of the "Marvel" filter, you'll see that the amount of items eligible for your gift card goes up from 25 to 107. Maybe you already knew about this, but I was pleasantly surprised when I realized this and then saw this figure as eligible: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901809&ref=learnmore_901809

I think the pictures of it on Sideshow make it look like absolute garbage, so I Googled it to read some reviews and see some other pictures of it, and it looked MUCH nicer than Sideshow's pictures on EVERY other site I found, and the reviews I read were very favorable. It's still a little pricey even after applying the gift card to its price (it came to $43.42 total for me after applying the gift card but adding over $13 for shipping), but I was glad to find something to use the gift card on that wasn't cheap Lego's or $300 collectibles.

Plus, I love the irony of spending an Avengers-marked gift card on a Batman figure! :)[/QUOTE]

Nice post on that batman. That looks sick, but is there any real pictures in 360? Also, so from reading it sounds like you cant apply two ($30) promo codes in your account? Is that correct?

Does anyone know how amazon trade in works? Like when it says ,new, like new, good. Does new and like new mean the item most be sealed to get full trade in?

[quote name='The Punisher']Nice post on that batman. That looks sick, but is there any real pictures in 360? Also, so from reading it sounds like you cant apply two ($30) promo codes in your account? Is that correct?

Does anyone know how amazon trade in works? Like when it says ,new, like new, good. Does new and like new mean the item most be sealed to get full trade in?[/QUOTE]

When I was doing my trade-in of the regular Blu-Ray combo earlier I read the "new" description as it must be sealed with original packaging. I submitted mine as like new instead since I've watched the movie a couple times. Going to see how the set I pick up from BB looks tomorrow since I'm really only interested in the extras.

[quote name='GamerDude316']When I was doing my trade-in of the regular Blu-Ray combo earlier I read the "new" description as it must be sealed with original packaging. I submitted mine as like new instead since I've watched the movie a couple times. Going to see how the set I pick up from BB looks tomorrow since I'm really only interested in the extras.[/QUOTE]

If yours is the one with the yellow cover, then its the same inside the box.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I was waiting for you to check in on this one!

I was going to text you to ask if you can check that store... nevermind now![/QUOTE]

Ha yeah man, zilch! Supposedly best buys in Brooklyn had stock. Called them and nothing available. Looks like NYC area is sold out. Dang!

[quote name='psunami']They had about 15 of these in the West Madison, WI store tonight. Just couldn't bring myself to pick it up. Already have the original 3D edition and don't really need any of the extras.[/QUOTE]

Should pick me up a copy :) if you're willing send me a pm and let me know.

[quote name='The Punisher']If yours is the one with the yellow cover, then its the same inside the box.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just noticed that. I bought the regular Blu-Ray combo at release from the Disney Store for their lithos/gift card.

bread's done
Back