(DEAD) DDD 20% OFF SALE IS ON now until June 17th

starman9000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
The sale is on. DVDTALK works

Info from DDD's Dave at dvdtalk:
The 20% coupon excludes preorders, but applies to all DVDs, HDDVDs, Blu-Rays, UMDs, Posters, Storage Accessories and the new Puzzles and Board Games cateogries.

Your discount will show in your shopping cart and on your order history screen as a total promotional discount amount and will not be reflected on the line item basis.

The 20% coupons do not apply to Books, CDs, Electronics or Video Games.

However, we have discounted nearly 150,000 books and 15,000 CDs an additional 20% off for this sale. Those titles are marked with a "Mega Sale" logo and the price shown on the site is the discounted price--no coupon is necessary to get the discount on the titles marked with a "Mega Sale" logo. All of these titles will appear on the site on June 1 and there will be rooms for you to sort through the Book and CD titles on sale.

www.deepdiscount.com

Also here are past codes that may work this time around too:

DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
DVDPRICESEARCH
SUMMERSALE
YAHOO
ESPN
LATIMES
XM
SOUTHSIDE
WGN
WCKG

I was hoping the Dragon Dynasty movies were going to be cheap (I've gotten hooked on these with all the Blockbuster exclusive rentals), but they're all $15. That'll prevent any impulse buying there. Still might consider The Protector or Seven Swords, though.

I can't believe how BD moves are still coming out with MSRP's of $29.99, $34.99, etc...thats just insane, even with a discount those are absurdly expensive movies...

[quote name='HeadRusch']I can't believe how BD moves are still coming out with MSRP's of $29.99, $34.99, etc...thats just insane, even with a discount those are absurdly expensive movies...[/quote]

Yeah.... those MSRPs need to come down a bit.
The reason why it's so hard to find good deals on them.

I'm at a bit of a loss...

I have some extra money right now... but I've already ordered virtually all the anime I want right now. Come the 5th, I'm getting GaoGaiGar vol. 5 and the Advent Children LE... but I can't come up with anything else!

Oh, what to do, what to do...

I love how they dropped the price of Planet Earth Blu Ray over night to match Amazon's price..

I wonder if i can get the difference, 2 bucks is 2 bucks

[quote name='Legolas813']There are a lot of great paperback books for only $4-4.50; regular $6.99 retail.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm about to grab Survivor by Chuck Pahlaniuk for 7.97 when it retails for 13.95

I'm going to pass on this sale.

I made a list of a lot of DVDs and sets I wanted.

Compared to ebay.... I can get it cheaper new, even with shipping taken into account.

I can get the $180 box set from DDD for as low as $100 brand new on ebay, and never more than $150. (shipping included)

I don't know if I should get Planet Earth on Blu-ray or HD-dvd? And if this is a price that won't come down for the setin the close future?? So confused.

My first and only purchase:

# Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 taken $42.70 In-stock
1 the 4400- the complete first season $13.79 in-stock
1 the 4400-the complete second season $26.01 in-stock
1 the 4400-the complete third seaeson $26.89 in-stock
1 dinosaurs the complete fist & second seasons $29.86 in-stock
1 sonic the hedgehog -complete series $18.08 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 125.86

hipping & Processing: $ .00

Total for this Order: $125.86

1 COL017913 BLR : CURSE OF THE GOLDEN FLOWER $ 17.51 In-stock
1 WBD016787 HDD : THE MATRIX-ULTIMATE COLLECT $ 59.08 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 76.59

This is awesome. I'll be picking up more in two weeks :). I think the sale ends the 16th of June but I don't remember where I saw that.

[quote name='Unlizened RAVe']where is the location of the mega sale rooms? anyone?[/quote]

There are no links to the mega room sales. You have to go through the lists and find them which sucks ass

I think the sale ends the 16th of June but I don't remember where I saw that.

Thats when the book sale ends

Do you guys know if an item was out of stock at the time of order, will they wait until everything's in before they ship stuff out? It's been way too long since the last time I ordered from DDD (probably over a year ago) for me to remember.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']Just got an email they shipped my dvds today ^_^[/quote]
Wow! Sure hope mine ships as fast!

[quote name='Mugen Power']Do you guys know if an item was out of stock at the time of order, will they wait until everything's in before they ship stuff out? It's been way too long since the last time I ordered from DDD (probably over a year ago) for me to remember.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure they'll ship everything else and then ship whatever was OOS when it comes in.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Do you guys know if an item was out of stock at the time of order, will they wait until everything's in before they ship stuff out? It's been way too long since the last time I ordered from DDD (probably over a year ago) for me to remember.[/quote]

They ship the in-stock stuff ASAP, and then the others as they come in. Last year, I remember getting about 5 packages with the different items in my order...

Hey, hey! I was checking out Half-Priced Book's tent sale today and found a DVD (Jackie Chan's Gorgeous) I passed on in my DDD order this morning. $2 instead of $8 makes me happy and proved to me, yet again, that sometimes it's better to wait. So, after complaining a few posts ago about buying too many DVD's I picked up Gorgeous, The Ring, and Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada for a whole $9 (I got some books too...). I hate what 3 1/2 years of coming to this website has done to me...

Does DD site usually keep up pretty good with their inventory? I noticed that Planet Earth blu ray isn't in stock anymore, neither is one of the Pirates movies, if i ordered and it said In-Stock should i be good?

I take back what I said about deals being cheaper on ebay.
That's true of the more expensive stuff.

But the cheaper, single DVDs, etc would be cheaper to get here.
I'll take up a few BDs.

[quote name='tototheexplorer']Anyone else waiting to see if DVD Planet is running the sale also?[/quote]

I see some of the stuff (like the Criterion stuff) but some of it is at DDD's normal price

[quote name='fart_bubble']I see some of the stuff (like the Criterion stuff) but some of it is at DDD's normal price[/quote]

Checked my old receipts and those are standard DVD Planet prices. That's why I'm holding out for the DVD Planet sale, actually: single disc Criterions for $17 and two-disc Criterions for $23 cannot be beat.

what a load of crap...

I have to wait till June 12th before they ship my Planet Earth, and then even I paid for expediate it goes out standard...

[quote name='MrDubbs']what a load of crap...

I have to wait till June 12th before they ship my Planet Earth, and then even I paid for expediate it goes out standard...[/quote]

Thats pretty standard for a week. Did you order anything else with Planet Earth? If you did, the stuff they have will be shipped out expediate and the OOS stuff is shipped standard

[quote name='fart_bubble']Thats pretty standard for a week. Did you order anything else with Planet Earth? If you did, the stuff they have will be shipped out expediate and the OOS stuff is shipped standard[/quote]

I ordered both Pirates and Planet Earth on Blu-Ray..

yesterday, during which all were "In-Stock"

Got one thing so far:
Twilight Zone - The Complete Definitive Collection - $135.91 ($169.89)

This is down from $200 (before discount) last night. This is the lowest I have EVER seen this...

[quote name='ravma479']Got one thing so far:
Twilight Zone - The Complete Definitive Collection - 135.91

This is down from $200 last night... The lowest I have EVER seen this...[/QUOTE]
I am currently seeing $169.89, wait nevermind. I thought you may of mean before coupon price.

Second Order: (Not doing the per-item math for you all.)

Casablanca [HD DVD] $19.32
Monopoly Nintendo $19.13
Once Upon a Time in Mexico $9.49
Full Metal Panic!: The Second Raid TSR - Vol. 2 $18.29
Full Metal Panic!: The Second Raid TSR - Vol. 3 $18.29
Full Metal Panic!: The Second Raid TSR - Vol. 4 $18.29
Human Crossing - Complete Set - Volumes 1-4 $20.87
2046 $9.58

Order Summary
Item Total: $133.26
Shipping & Handling: 0.00
Discount: -26.65
Tax: 0.00

Order Total:
$106.61

Puts me at almost $200 spent on this sale...so far...

[quote name='Tromack']Just so you know, I hate you for bringing that up. Now I'm going to have to spend the 400 or so dollars on it.[/quote]

HA! Sorry, I've been wanting it ever since it came out and yet I never have money when the sale rolls around

[quote name='cleaver']Is around $20 a volume good for Voltron?[/quote]
I'd say so. That's about where I would bite. No more than 20, though.

Walmart carries volume 3 of voltron for 19.99. The others run aroudn 25-28.

My GF ordered Planet Earth last night with free S&H and it shiped today. Yet my $220 order hasn't :(

[quote name='cleaver']Is around $20 a volume good for Voltron?[/quote]

It's ok compared to retail. $20 for only 15 eps. per set is a lit more than I'd want to pay though. I'll be passing on it this time.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']Walmart carries volume 3 of voltron for 19.99. The others run aroudn 25-28.

My GF ordered Planet Earth last night with free S&H and it shiped today. Yet my $220 order hasn't :([/quote]

just curious, which Planet Earth did she get and when was it ordered?

Planet Earth Blu Ray
Payback Blu Ray
Goodfellas Blu Ray
Dog Day Afternoon Blu Ray (never seen this pretty stoked)

NOT freaking bad.

can you make more than one purchase using the coupon?
A couple years back, I made two purchases in two seperate tranactions, and the price was changed to the normal price on the second purchase.

bread's done
Back