[DEAD] FREE Game from Origin - Dragon Age: Origins, BF:BC2, Spore - Check your email!

DirkBelig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Just got this in the email:

It's the one-year anniversary of Origin, and we want to thank you for being part of our community. Enjoy a complimentary game download* on us—just pick which one you want and follow the instructions to get your game!
120615_Origin_Anniv_img2.jpg

1. Log in to the Origin gaming app from your desktop.
2. Use the search bar to choose your favorite game from Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Spore.
3. Add the game to your cart.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page, click “Enter Promo Code” and enter the following promo code:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Offer expires June 23, 2012 at 10:00 PM PDT. Valid for new purchases of PC Digital versions of Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield Bad Company 2, or Spore (each a "product") only from the Origin Client Software (www.origin.com/about). Valid only in the U.S. and Canada. Limit one per person. Subject to availability. Cannot be combined with any other offer, gift card, rebate or other discount coupons.

I'll be getting DA:O.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kolma']Go wild if you guys want to try and use the code I was given
j2t8prfgn35gu7[/QUOTE]
It's a one use code, so it's not valid once it's used.

Didn't get one but my email isn't verified...it would be if they actually sent me the verification link on their email

DA:O is the best game but keep in mind it has a ton of DLC. The others have expansions but they aren't nearly as essential as Dragon Age's extras. I'd snag one of the other and buy DA:O Ultimate Edition for 10 bucks like it usually goes on sale for, as the individual DLC going on sale is fairly rare.

[quote name='Corpekata']DA:O is the best game but keep in mind it has a ton of DLC. The others have expansions but they aren't nearly as essential as Dragon Age's extras. I'd snag one of the other and buy DA:O Ultimate Edition for 10 bucks like it usually goes on sale for.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd recommend doing the same.. you're better off buying the ultimate edition whenever it goes on sale rather than getting Origins for free.

I have NOT played Spore yet, even though that's the freebie I just took here.

BF:BC2 is a great FPS - whether you want a really good SP campaign or MP online shooter.
You can't lose w/ this title, either way.

DA:O is 100+ hours of RPG awesome-ness.
Granted, it doesn't contain Awakening or the 9 DLC's in the Ultimate Edition], but this here is the best bang for your buck...for actual game-time.
If you are missing DAO and you love strategy-RPG's like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 - GET THIS. NOW.
For free, you'd be insane to pass this up.
Awakening (Expansion) is good, but it's nowhere even close to as great as DAO (base game).
I do also have DA:O Ultimate Edition [DAO + Awakening + ALL 9 DLC's] - and I have yet to touch most of the DLC's there.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Make sure the expiration date is in the OP and possibly the title; its June 23rd at 10pm PDT[/QUOTE]Edited OP, but couldn't fit date in title. Thanks for the suggestion.

No email for me, though I basically never get EA promotional emails like birthday coupons or anything. Kind of a shame since I wouldn't mind checking out Spore.

Probably have a setting somewhere telling EA not to send me emails, which ends up including promotions like free games.

Edit: Checked my account, says my email address is unverified. I tell it to send me a verification email, which it does. The content of the email is as follows:

Dear ,

Thank you for using Origin! Please click the link below to verify your email address.

If clicking the link above does not work, copy and paste the URL into a new browser window.

Happy gaming,
Your friends at Origin

Exactly that. No name to go with Dear , and no link whatsoever. Origin!

[quote name='SqueeMK2']No email for me, though I basically never get EA promotional emails like birthday coupons or anything. Kind of a shame since I wouldn't mind checking out Spore.

Probably have a setting somewhere telling EA not to send me emails, which ends up including promotions like free games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same thing happens to me.. reminds me of how Sony handles PSN freebies. I don't get ANY free stuff from Sony on my main account but I get tons on an account that's opted-in that I've never bought anything on and just use for netflix lol.

I took this from over at Reddit....Medal Of Honor Airborne FREE

Use at your own risk but......not sure if EA cares or will do anything but

http://store.origin.com/store/eaeme...eID=TnL5HPStwNw-nNch3LIDW9YXVLiBTYEP7Q&ipr=ty

To get the game, (this will be easier if you use a translator like the inbuilt chrome translator) but basically you just add it to your cart (choose digital, then choose English (US), then once its added log into your origin account at the top. Once you get to the name/address info page, select Portugal as your country. It will checkout for free, no credit card required. The game will be added to your account automatically.

I never get these Origin promotional e-mails. I don't have that piece of trash installed, but it would be nice if I could get the e-mails to at least give the codes away : /

Sweet was afraid I set it for them to not email me but I got one 3 hours ago. I've had an account for awhile but never used it for anything. Picked Spore since I have the other 2 games on systems. I used to have Spore years ago but lost the case and key and disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drabelincoln']I took this from over at Reddit....Medal Of Honor Airborne FREE

Use at your own risk but......not sure if EA cares or will do anything but

http://store.origin.com/store/eaeme...eID=TnL5HPStwNw-nNch3LIDW9YXVLiBTYEP7Q&ipr=ty

To get the game, (this will be easier if you use a translator like the inbuilt chrome translator) but basically you just add it to your cart (choose digital, then choose English (US), then once its added log into your origin account at the top. Once you get to the name/address info page, select Portugal as your country. It will checkout for free, no credit card required. The game will be added to your account automatically.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, but I'm not sure if the game is worth risking an account for. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='sunghost']Interesting, but I'm not sure if the game is worth risking an account for. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did it.....I figure I will plead ignorance if something happens. Odds are if they do anything they will just remove it. I can't see them mass banning all the people raping this right now.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Yeah, I did it.....I figure I will plead ignorance if something happens. Odds are if they do anything they will just remove it. I can't see them mass banning all the people raping this right now.[/QUOTE]

I did it too but I haven't redeemed the code or downloaded it. I don't care if they ban my Origin account so long as they don't ban my PSN account I got BF Premium on that bad oscar.

You sure? This EA we are talking about, were a forum ban means you can't play any of your PC games.

Not worth it for me, especially with how EA handles stuff.

I decided to go with Bad Company 2. Loved it on the 360 so hopefully the online community on the pc is still somewhat lively.

Got quite a few things registered on Origin but haven't ever bought anything directly from it as far as I can remember... Nothing for me yet though.

[quote name='Darker']You sure? This EA we are talking about, were a forum ban means you can't play any of your PC games.

Not worth it for me, especially with how EA handles stuff.[/QUOTE]

I believe that got changed after the stink a few sites made over it. Either way yes it's a risk.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']
Edit: Checked my account, says my email address is unverified. I tell it to send me a verification email, which it does. The content of the email is as follows:

Dear ,

Thank you for using Origin! Please click the link below to verify your email address.

If clicking the link above does not work, copy and paste the URL into a new browser window.

Happy gaming,
Your friends at Origin

Exactly that. No name to go with Dear , and no link whatsoever. Origin![/QUOTE]

EXACT same thing here haha... Oh well.

[quote name='Kilvas09']My promo code: 66t9rdt6rub67o. Not worth installing Origin.[/QUOTE]

Is it really that bad? I hear people say things about the origin software but i never had a problem with it. Can anyone elaborate?

[quote name='sgr76']Is it really that bad? I hear people say things about the origin software but i never had a problem with it. Can anyone elaborate?[/QUOTE]It's fine. People have an angry "EA SUX!!! NO STEAM, NO SALE!!! STEAM UBER ALLES!!!" attitude. Some early versions had some hinky EULA language, but for the most part, it's just EA hatred that animates the animus against Origin. I've had no substantial problems with it myself. The worst issue was being unable to clear out the BF3 Alpha and Beta entries from my catalog, but a few minutes in CSR chat fixed things right up.

*sigh* got the email, but getting "invalid promo code" when checking out.
Oh well, I probably won't play any of those games anyway

EDIT: didn't work on the website, but worked through the client. well I guess I will add to the clutter on my HDD :)

[quote name='Teujip']*sigh* got the email, but getting "invalid promo code" when checking out.
Oh well, I probably won't play any of those games anyway[/QUOTE]

Are you using it in the Origin client? Doesn't work on the website.

I only activated stuff on origin, though no email either. I really want spore!

updated: mine was not set to receive emails. guess we're outta luck for those who had it off

Ok, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I actually have 2 origin accounts.

On account #1 (created late Nov 2011), I had my "Contact preferences" set to not receive emails about promos. That account is Verified. I didn't receive a code on that account.

On account #2 (created late January 2012), I had my "Contact preferences" set to receive emails about promos. That account is Unverified, however I did receive a code on that account.

Looks like agreeing to receive emails about promos is the key.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Did get an e-mail, but this is useless to me since I own two of the games and I'm not interested in Battlefield.[/QUOTE]

If you don't want it I would love it. :)

I'd be happy to take a code off your hands handstand relieve you off the burden... I'm interested in spore.

The only game I don't have is Battlefield Bad Company 2, so if I get an email, I'll definitely be getting that! I bought it for my PS3 a little while back, but I'm sure my laser is dying as that game, along with almost my entire library, keeps freezing on me.

If anyone gets a code and doesn't want it, I'd be interested in giving Dragon Age a try. I was opted out and I think I missed out on getting a code. :(

bread's done
Back